Posted Thu May 03, 2012 7:36 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Well it's been about 3-4 months since this event and I keep forgetting to post this up for you guys, but here it is finally... NAMM 2012... I figured this is more music related than picture related, so this is probably the best place for this thread... (Maybe the musicians lounge?)

Basically it's a gathering of all the top music industries/manufacturers, mashed up into a single convention center for a weekend full of ear shattering goodness here in the States... This year it was held at the Anaheim Convention Center (AM2 2011 x SCANDAL) and the pics speak for itself...

I only had 1 day to run around the event, so I didn't get a lot of pics in, but they're goodies none the less... There's about 50 something pictures, so I'll break it up into categories and whatnot...

Musicians and instrumentalists, enjoy!

"Keep in mind that it's been a few months, so whatever you see here isn't ground breaking or anything... anymore at least..."

Intro: NAMM is a trade show closed to the public, open to invitees only... You don't necessarily have to be an artist or anything, but if you have family that works with one of the attending companies, then your free to go in... Granted that invite you...

For me, my friend's sister inlaw happened to work at Taylor Guitars, so I got in as a guest under her wing... Ironically she's been working there for quite a few years now and I've just barely caught wiff of this info just recently... Surely, I'll be at NAMM next year with an extended pass...
Spoiler:
Guitars: Guitars aren't my forte, so I didn't go much into detail with the pics or anything, but here's everything in general...
Spoiler:
Drums: Now drums is what I do... I'll break this section up into drum shells and drum other...
Spoiler:
Drum Shells
Spoiler:
Closing
Spoiler:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Re: NAMM 2012: A recap
Posted Thu May 03, 2012 12:24 pm

jigoku79

jigoku79

International Performer
International Performer
http://alinea-mind.blogspot.com/
Oh,man!!..This is awesomeeee!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]..
You're so blessed,big! To have those chance and could set your feet into those crowds..
I envy you...definitely!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Well, I already casted my vote on u in Stereopony concert thread..
So, I guess on this thread..I'll say,"You're the man!!..[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]!!"
Awesome,dude! Sugoooiii! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ...

Fender really set their level above other brands by rented entire stage room.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] !
..And those guitars made my fingers soooo itchy.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
That is Joey Jordison's stuff, isn't it?.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Those drumsets with hydraulic riser things..

And looking to that Sabian tower, I prefer to call it "Tower Of Power"!!
Mike Mangini sets looks awesome, he seems get more spotlight after stick with DT.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] ..
No Terry Bozzio's drums? I'd love to see it closely..hehe.
Thanks,bigOeyez!!You're the man..!! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

...経験って苦い
ものでしょう? (SCANDAL- Pride)
失敗しても、当たり前...成功した、男前...
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 03, 2012 7:50 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^ Man, most of the artists were there from Thursday-Saturday, so I missed out on a lot of artists, clinics, freebies, etc., on Sunday, but it was still a whole lot of fun!... That kit hanging from the ceiling is actually Tommy Lee's E-Pro Touring kit, it would have been more epic if it rotated... HA HA!

But yeah, Mike Mangini did get a lot more attention after he went to DT, but he was filling in a big hefty spot, so it would have tarnished his reputation if the fans didn't like DT afterwards... He's badass though, so it was his personal fans vs DT fans at the time, but it seemed to work out in the end... During an interview in the first few weeks of joining DT, he was super modest and praised Portnoy in every way, so he wasn't cocky about it at all... Super cool dude...

I did go into the DW booth briefly, but sadly no Bozzio kit... Nothing new for this year, so I ended up just looking at the finishes and what not...

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 04, 2012 3:11 am

jigoku79

jigoku79

International Performer
International Performer
^
Ah, I see. I thought it was hydraulic drum riser like the ones Joey use on his solo drums.I noticed that drumkits hanging from the ceiling just now[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]..
Well, Mangini's drumkits sure improved a lotsss since the old days. Though he's quite low profile, but he's the fastest drummer ever..!! (He holds record of Matched Grip-executing 1,247 single strokes in 60 seconds @2005 NAMM, Traditional Grip-executing 1,126 single strokes in 60 seconds in 2003, Single Stroke Foot record playing 13,222 hits in 15 minutes)..He's getting close to Bozzio's 'monster' kit.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] And DT surely had a great badass drummer after Portnoy.
Well, I guess you won't miss the whole gigs in 2013 NAMM, right? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You're good on this,big! Why don't u wrap this things up and send it to magazine as an articles?.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] Thanks again,big!

...経験って苦い
ものでしょう? (SCANDAL- Pride)
失敗しても、当たり前...成功した、男前...
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri May 04, 2012 9:13 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
WOO! I know dude, Mangini is a monster! He's still a beast to this day, but back in his prime, that 'ish was uncanny! That clip of him from years ago, where he started rolling one handed and wiping his sweat off with a mag at the same time (A Steve Vai show nonetheless, I just don't know where exactly), I usually don't scream like a girl towards men but that's one of the times I would have... HA HA! It's amazing the sticks didn't get obliterated...

Mentioning great drummers, one of my faves is Munetaka Higuchi (R.I.P.), formerly a part of Loudness... The current drummer for Loudness, Masayuki Suzuki (no relation to Rina... I think?), is a beast as well, but Munetaka was something else... He also performed with Steve Vai and Bozzio during the progression of his career, so you may have come across him at one time or another... "Drummers have stamina!!!"

For sure NAMM 2013 is already a go! I talked to my friend's sister inlaw and she said we could have used the Sunday pass to attend Saturday as well, but it was too late anyways... So we got the OK for a 4-day pass next year... HELLZ YEAH!!! But I was too rushed to take good pics or gather any good info for 2012 to be magazine worthy... Plus it's been way too long since the show and the info is already dead news anyways... HA HA! Thanks for the support though! I'll do a better job on my next event!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 09, 2012 6:25 pm

jigoku79

jigoku79

International Performer
International Performer
^Yo, big!I check out on Munetaka Higuchi(R.I.P), and he's so wow!He also include many artist in his Dream Castle works, e.g. Steve Vai, Bozzio, Billy Sheehan, Ronny James Dio, Stanley Clarke, etc..He's awesome!And yeah, he's a beast..his double pedal really works hard[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]..
But, for me, I'll go for Akira Jimbo, the ex-drummer of Casiopea. He's the first japanese drummer I've listened..While Munetaka is awesome in stamina, Jimbo goes for the funk and jazzy vibe! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]..
I wonder, is there any spot for Japanese drummer in NAMM?..
Here's some Jimbo stuff:

I've watched video of Mangini worked with Vai on the first G3 concert in Denver(?)..I also looked up on YT and found this footage:
Dream Theater The Spirit Carries On Eps.1 of 3 (drummer audition)

Beside Mangini, I'm soo amazed to Marco Minnemann on eps.2..this guys awesome too! Did he get a spot on NAMM?.. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

...経験って苦い
ものでしょう? (SCANDAL- Pride)
失敗しても、当たり前...成功した、男前...
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.