You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

BRASIL 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup
Posted Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:08 pm

BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
(don't know if I can just start a thread, so I hope it's okay)...

I dunno if there are a lots of football/soccer fans here, but thought I would like to start this thread,

BRASIL 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup

The Festival of Champions! 8 national teams, 6 Champions of their respective Confederations, the current FIFA World Cup holder and the Host nation.

Group A
Brazil - CONMEBOL (South America) - host nation
Japan - AFC (ASIA) - 2011 AFC Asian Cup winner
Italy - UEFA (Europe) - UEFA Euro 2012 runners-up
Mexico - CONCACAF (North and Central America) - 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup winner

Group B
Spain - UEFA (Europe) - 2010 FIFA World Cup winner and UEFA Euro 2012 winner.
Uruguay - CONMEBOL (South America) - 2011 Copa América winner
Tahiti - OFC (Oceania) - 2012 OFC Nations Cup winner
Nigeria - CAF (Africa) - 2013 Africa Cup of Nations winner

for more info, go to FIFA.com and of course Wikipedia

So.... do you like football? Which teams do you support? Who do you think will win? What are your expectations?

Back to top Go down

Re: BRASIL 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup
Posted Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:26 am

Space_Ranger017

Space_Ranger017

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I like football. I support my motherland Spain and I expect them to win this. Personally I think that Japan looks like the team to watch out for they look incredibly dangerous with all the big name players they have now IMO, but yeah I got my money on Spain all the way!! .chesttap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:41 pm

BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm supporting Japan Samurai Blue. Been a huge fan of theirs, including all those playing in Europe, like Shinji Kagawa of Manchester United (EPL), Keisuke Honda (CSKA - RUS), Kiyotake (Nurnberg - BL) and Nagatomo (Inter Milan - ITA).

Japan is the first one to qualify for Brazil World Cup 2014, rather than automatic qualfication as host (Brazil). They also were the first to qualify for the last 3 WC (2006, 2010 and 2014).

Japan had qualify for the last 5 consecutive WC, from 1998 France all the way to Brazil 2014. This current squad is known as their golden generation, their best yet, although that's debatable. But the level of Japan Football has really risen over the past 20 years.

With that said, Japan currently has not been convincing in matches and in front of goal. While they have the technical abilities and known as the "Barcelona of Asia" due to their playing styling, they lack the finishing touches which really sunk them in several matches, including the loss to Jordan, draw against Australia and the even the win against Iraq today. Though they dominated, they couldn't score. it's a crisis.
most people blame the Manager, Italy's Alberto Zaccheroni for using the same players without calling and trying new up and coming players. Our 2 FWs are Maeda Ryoichi of J-League's Jubilo Iwata and Netherlands's Vitesse, Mike Havenaar, who just are not performing for the team, they both play FW differently, but equally horrendous. Maeda is better since his technical skills help the likes of Honda and Kagawa into the box, while Havenaar best and only asset seem to be his towering height.

I'm not expecting Japan winning the Confed Cup, but a guy can dream. nearly all of Group A teams seem to be unconvincing (but Brazil just defeated France 3-0) so it might level the playing field a little. My hope is that with Japan already qualified for Brazil 2014, they no longer have a burden on their shoulders and can play to their content.

un-related: Zac, the manager did say that after the Confed Cup, Japan would have a major makeover and he'll be calling and testing new players in the upcoming East Asian Cup in July 2013, right after the CC 2013 in June. means pretty much the Confed Cup should be a few players farewell matches for Japan.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:33 pm

Space_Ranger017

Space_Ranger017

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
Japan plays Brazil!!!! I didn't even know Uwah! You think Japan wins? But if anyone knows at what time (PST if possible) ?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:07 am

BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Space_Ranger017 wrote:Japan plays Brazil!!!! I didn't even know Uwah! You think Japan wins? But if anyone knows at what time (PST if possible) ?

is PST Pacific Standard Time? in USA? if so then 11:30 am, cuz i'm from Central US, it would be 1:30 pm CST.
btw, it will be on ESPN and ESPN3.com

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:07 am

BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Japan lost against Brazil 3-0, more than that, they couldn't do much, couldn't play to their potential or what they usually do.  Brazil outclassed them.  they did have some good moments, one being Uchida containing Neymar well.  

I hope Japan can improve much better from now on.  against Italy and Mexico and beyond.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:04 am

Mdri

Mdri

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Italy vs Japan, such a great game !

It's a shame Japan lost though, not a fair result.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:35 am

BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
YES! it was one of the most thrilling match I'd watch.  too bad Japan lost, at least deserved a draw for those effort. Great to watch.  I'm a Japan Samurai Blue Supporter and though I'm disappointed that they're eliminated, they really put on a great performance, minus the defending, to really raise the spirits.  
I hope they can play like this or even better against Mexico and end the competition on a high.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:04 pm

tomomilover

tomomilover

International Performer
International Performer
I'm late lol

But I think You guys watched Brazil x Spain in the finals, right?

in my opinion, I wasn't confident about this game (because Spain won all tournaments it played since 2008 2 Euro and 1 World Cup) I really wasn't expecting 3x0 and in my opinion the Brazil national team won because of three reasons:

1 - The Factor Home
it really helped Brazil because brazilian players ran all game as if their lifes depended on it

2 - Scored 3 goals in crucial moments, The First at 2:00, the Second at 43:00 and the Third at 3:00 (I don't remember it very well)

3 - Neymar and Fred

BRASIL 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup TVajCc2

.love. 
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.