Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

Re: 5th Album - 『STANDARD』
Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:11 pm

ariadne32391

ariadne32391

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:They fully wrote and composed "STANDARD," the last song on the album.

The song credits were posted here a while back.

13. STANDARD
Lyrics: SCANDAL
Composition: MAMI
Arrangement: SCANDAL

Woah.. now I love STANDARD even more!!! Mami-sama!!!!! Nice one  This song is so addictive... In fact, I've been listening to it on repeat right now!!! Ahhhhh I can't get enough of it... I love the drums in the song... and Timo's random screams!! hahaha

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 14 Sig10LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:33 pm

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
STANDARD is definitely a very fun and addictive song. It's been on repeat for quite a while now. :3 I really like how raw the sound of it is. It's such a fun song and gives you so much energy. I think the girls had a lot of fun working on it. c: I'm really proud of the girls, the song turned out so well! .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
This song is amazing. No words...the screaming was interesting, and Mami was...and the guitar....dies. It's just so amazing! This is a great song, and I;m proud that the girls worked on it. Rina's drumming was great, and the fact that the song was mostly instrumental in very new, I think. But it's catchy, and the ending made it seem like a live. Great job!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:08 pm

Scandard

Scandard

Caless Student
Caless Student
Why can't I access the link for the previews to each new song? This comes up, "Sorry, but only users granted special access can read topics in this forum."

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:09 pm

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@Scandard
This is because you have only 1 post. You need at least 50 to access the media section.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:23 am

avanpiper

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://ritsunohaven.wordpress.com/
I'm happy they have more creative control for this album. STANDARD, however needs to grow on me still. It's normally not the type of rock&roll song I'd fall in love with at first listen but it's definitely great for live performances. Those guitars and screams. MAMI did some justice with her guitar parts.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:33 am

baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The instrumental part in "Standard" (song) exceeded my expectation, I'm happy that they come up with a pretty heavy drum & guitar part. Really well done!
The rap and Timo's screaming though are not something that I would enjoy. So far I never quite like their rap songs. Only Koshi Tantan sounds alright to me, still even that's not among my favorite song from Scandal.
And I agree, this would be a really good song for live.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:43 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
baymon wrote:The instrumental part in "Standard" (song) exceeded my expectation, I'm happy that they come up with a pretty heavy drum & guitar part. Really well done!
The rap and Timo's screaming though are not something that I would enjoy. So far I never quite like their rap songs. Only Koshi Tantan sounds alright to me, still even that's not among my favorite song from Scandal.
And I agree, this would be a really good song for live.
Took the thoughts right from my brain..

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 14 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:14 am

Scandard

Scandard

Caless Student
Caless Student
Mami's guitar playing was superb. I hope this means they have the enough confidence and inspiration to make more self-produced songs from now on. After all, a band of 4 people can come up with a lot more stuff together than just a solo artist can.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:39 am

Rank57

Rank57

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm really, really glad SCANDAL is capable of coming up with a song like STANDARD. Even more so that they did all the creative work.

Sometime around Awanai's release, I don't know exactly why, but I was wondering if SCANDAL was going too much for a "grown-up band" image, leaving some of their fun side to the past. Then, SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE happened, but still it isn't what I really wanted from them.

baymon mencioned Koshi Tantan, and I realized why I liked STANDARD so much. Koshi Tantan is one of my favorite songs by SCANDAL, it has energy, it is fun, and it is a rock song. STANDARD, too. It will be awesome to see this performed live, there's no doubt about it.

Well, we have 3 great singles, a good B-side, Brand New Wave is a relaxing pop song, and then the already amazing STANDARD. One more superb album for SCANDAL for sure.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:00 am

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
By the way, concerning the t-shirt design, it reminded me of something and I could find of what but now I do, here it is:
linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 14 645e4476050dfc9fa9e7394693717639bd9cf9e5
I don't know if it is a hint to this well known band or an inspiration but I find that nice ^_^

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:15 am

jason.copeland23

jason.copeland23

Caless Student
Caless Student
sorry but this in my opinion Happy
"STANDARD" isn't my type of song i expect to :(i can't listen the whole song...i play it for 40 seconds and then i stop it

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 14 SI6wMT3
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:29 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
HOMG STANDARD is epic and sounds raw and shitz! Sounds indie and alternative I feel. Just love it. Along with Awanai's 24 Jikan. Know I feel SCANDAL has known what they actually sound like if they didn't have other people composing music for them. There seems to be this similarity to a song by the THE KOXX called Trouble Makers.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 14 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:05 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The short previews from the broadcast are not enough!!.waaa. 
I fell in love instantly with Hachigatsu .love., Hachigatsu it's what I was expecting from HARUNA and MAMI, it has a nostalgic melody.
Orange Juice it's really catchy and cute!!
Metronome it's really energetic, I didn't expect that, because Yamaguchi Takashi was the composer, and he is also the composer of Kagen no Tsuki, it's really different the style used on this song.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:21 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Hmmm... I have mixed thoughts about STANDARD. I love that alternative rock sound but I'm really not a big fan of the muffled vocals. It just seems... off for SCANDAL. But, I'm actually one of those people who love Tomo's screaming in this lol. 

Instrumentally though, it's exceeded my expectations too. Rina's bass drum is really nice, especially at the start where it especially stands out~ The instrumental part is really well done too, especially the drums. Love how they finish the song cause it's like what they normally do in lives.

Last edited by ichiruki! on Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:54 am

Erick M

Erick M

International Performer
International Performer
I kinda like STANDARD song but sounds like only played with 1 guitar, 1 Bass, and drums.
Is Haruna not in this song? Thinking

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 14 E-sign10
Please don't take my jokes too seriously
linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 14 SAPOG0d
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:58 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Erick M wrote:I kinda like STANDARD song but sounds like only played with 1 guitar, 1 Bass, and drums.
Is Haruna not in this song? Thinking
You're not listening closely enough.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 14 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:59 pm

Kurara

Kurara

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm impatient to recieve my limited edition with the t-shirt CANTA Clap

<< My last one piece, kimi no koe dake... >>
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:17 am

Bassman Alex

Bassman Alex

Caless Student
Caless Student
Can't wait to listen to the new album! Happy 

Also good to know that the girls composed some of the songs themselves! I would really like to see a SCANDAL album totally written by them, now that would be interesting! Onion Shine

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Shark

Shark

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm going to wait until I get my copy before I listen to the songs. Although now I'm really curious to hear STANDARD.

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 14 0fPdnZt
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:16 am

Uldred

Uldred

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I really love the preview for Hachigatsu.

I think it's going to become one of my all-time favourites just based on what we've heard so far.

I really can't wait for this album!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:52 am

Hyuga

Hyuga

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
This album really has a mix of what (sounds like) generic poppy fun and edgy riffs.
I'm very curious about how it will sound from start to end .

Previously known as HugoDisasterslinernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 14 St95ChL
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:46 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Could listen to the short previews finally and have to say i'm happy. Sure a lot of tracks seem to be light-rock/pop-rock oriented but this is not a surprise, the gaage rock SCANDAL days are over.

Metronome and Namida no hikare sound more rock and it's the 2 songs i'm looking really forward to!

Of course the others too and i'm not even talking about the songs we have in full length! Looks like the album will be very good Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:55 am

MamiXHaruna

MamiXHaruna

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Base on the short previews, I am also excited to hear Metronome and Namida no Hikare! Nice one

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 14 Meme_111
No cookies are safe from Tomo! I better guard mine! .hmmm. 
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:55 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Remember, guys, the actual name for the track really is "Namida yo Hikare."

---------------------------------------------

There's going to be a total of 7 special STANDARD release commemoration plans that'll be going on at CD stores in Japan.

①A display of SCANDAL outfits for a limited time!

Participating stores:
・Tower Records Shibuya
・Tower Records Shinjuku
・SHIBUYA TSUTAYA
・Disc Peer Nihonbashi
【Dates】10/1 (Tue.)~10/7 (Mon)
Fully-loaded photos treasured by the members! A panel display!

Participating stores:
・Tower Records Shibuya
・Tower Records Kintetsu Passe
・Disc Peer Nihonbashi
・Tower Records Nagoya Parco
・Tower Records Fukuoka
Special store-front signs of each SCANDAL member!

Solo signs of the members will be on display at every TOWER RECORDS store!
Come check out and see which member's sign is on display at which store!

A giant "monthly TOWER PUSH!!!" poster that will be on display at every TOWER RECORDS store!

Also, there will be a lottery in which 3 people can win a signed poster!
〈monthly TOWER PUSH!!!〉 is where recommended artists and pick-up artists are displayed every month at Tower Records.
SCANDAL was selected for October!
A special B1 poster will be put up from 10/1 (Tue.) to 10/31 (Thu.) at all stores,
So check it out when you drop by to shop!
And!! 3 people who purchase 『STANDARD』 at TOWER RECORDS will be chosen by a lottery
To win a SCANDAL signed B1 poster as a present!!
For more information, please check the application postcard when you purchase 『STANDARD』 at TOWER RECORDS.
In addition, applications will be taken at a first come first serve basis, so please reserve・purchase at a TOWER RECORDS as soon as possible.
5 people will get a signed 『STANDARD』 poster as a present!

There will be a lottery in which 5 people that purchase 『STANDARD』 from Shinseido stores
Can win a signed 『STANDARD』 poster!
For more information, please check the application postcard when you purchase 『STANDARD』 at Shinseido.
In addition, applications will be taken at a first come first serve basis, so please reserve・purchase at a Shinseido as soon as possible.
SCANDAL's nationwide fall hall tour 『STANDARD』's Tokyo performance・Osaka performance invitation!!

2 pairs (4 people) who buy 『STANDARD』 at SHIBUYA TSUTAYA・TSUTAYA EBISUBASHI
Will be invited to SCANDAL's nationwide fall hall tour 『STANDARD』!
For more information, please check the application postcard when you purchase 『STANDARD』 at SHIBUYA TSUTAYA・TSUTAYA EBISUBASHI.
In addition, applications will be taken at a first come first serve basis, so please reserve・purchase as soon as possible.
【Venues】
■Osaka
Date: 11/4 (Mon.・holiday)
Venue: ORIX THEATER (formerly Osaka Kousei Nenkin Kaikan)
Doors: 17:15 /Start: 18:00
■Tokyo
Date: 12/3 (Tue.)
Venue: Tokyo International Forum Hall A
Doors: 18:00 /Start: 19:00
A display of SCANDAL signed eco bags at TSUTAYA!

TSUTAYA's original special gift 『Eco bag feat. MAMI』 signed by the SCANDAL members will be on display at the following stores! Please check it out!

・SHIBUYA TSUTAYA
・TSUTAYA EBISUBASHI
・TSUTAYA Sangenjaya
・TSUTAYA Fukuoka Tenjin

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 14 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 27]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.