Go down

Re: 5th Album - 『STANDARD』
Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:58 am

IceT

IceT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
you also can use VLC.

There is a SCANDAL puzzle, release/sold by a radio broadcasting station, but it seems to be that you can buy it only when you have a japanese address. (and it seems to be sold out). Any suggestion what I can do now?

"Ich glaube, auf dieser Welt gibt es keine Vernunft, und an Güte fehlt es auch."
"Kann sein. Aber das lässt sich wohl jetzt nicht mehr ändern."
"Das Rückgabedatum ist abgelaufen."
"Und die Quittung weggeschmissen." 1Q84, Aomame und Ayumi im Gespräch.

Nicht ich bin verrückt, die Welt ist es.
Haruki Murakami

"Wohin man auch geht, sich selbst entkommt man
nicht. Es ist so wie mit dem eigenen Schatten, der folgt einem auch
überallhin." Haruki Murakami
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:02 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
IceT wrote:There is a SCANDAL puzzle, release/sold by a radio broadcasting station, but it seems to be that you can buy it only when you have a japanese address. (and it seems to be sold out). Any suggestion what I can do now?

Your question has absolutely nothing to do with STANDARD. Please be more careful about where you post things.

Regarding the puzzle, the only thing you could really do now is to try to get one off of Yahoo! Auctions Japan by commissioning a deputy service like Rinkya to buy one for you, but none have popped up on YAJ yet. You'll have to wait to see if any get listed later.

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 27 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:24 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Does anyone have an update on the album sales?

Generasia doesn't seem to update it anymore... and I was wondering if the sales went a little bit up for Christmas. Would be so awesome if they could break the 60k barrier.

PS/OT : Could you guys post the puzzle picture here or in a dedicated thread, just curious.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:29 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo
The album sales at Generasia are up to date (the album did not chart on Oricon last week; 過去最高 3位 登場回数 10回 = peak position on Oricon weekly: 3, weeks on chart: 10)

btw, you can always check the latest Oricon rankings HERE

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:11 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well that's a bad news then Sad But oh well it's ok, they will break 100k with their next album then  .cool. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:53 am

sonic0313

sonic0313

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Add 1 more to that album sales. I just bought my copy of STANDARDHappy

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:15 am

JAMnBreadMusic

JAMnBreadMusic

Caless Student
Caless Student
sonic0313 wrote:Add 1 more to that album sales. I just bought my copy of STANDARDHappy

Same here.   .happy.   Should have my copy in a few days.    .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:24 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Nice guys  .clap.  Enjoy it, the album is fantastic  .love.  Tell us your favorite songs when you could listen to it

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:41 am

drake79

drake79

Caless Student
Caless Student
My fav songs are; Uchiage Hanabi, Orange Juice, Metronome, Hachigatsu, Weather Report, Koi no GESTALT Hookai
i always listen it in a never ending loop :p
would love to watch the live version of those songs, i hope they'll play it often

this is a great album, so much power, IMO this album was made for a Live performance, it's a good thing they can improvised in the middle of the song Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:55 pm

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

The album reentered the Oricon weekly chart at #251 with 439 copies sold. Total (physical) copies sold so far: 57,951 in Japan + 141 in South Korea.

For comparison ES sold 37,533, SS: 64,140, QAT: 50,476, Baby Action: 55,664, Temptation Box: 60,301, Best Scandal: 52,956 (in Japan only)

Standard was Japan's #110 best-selling album with 57,512 copies sold. The album's singles "Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne",  "Kagen no Tsuki" and "Over Drive" was the #170 (40,639), #200 (34,712) and #373 (19,208) best-selling single of the year.

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:30 pm

J-musicfan128

J-musicfan128

Caless Student
Caless Student
thanks but i heard that it messes with your computer is that true?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:25 am

ironmica

ironmica

Caless Student
Caless Student
SPAM

.happy.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Marked as SPAM -_-)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:01 pm

Ken_chan

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hello guy´s,
It's been a while that Standard came out though I would like to to say something now.
It´s different from the older Album´s because, I didn´t liked most of the songs from the beginning at all. But I´ve gotten used to them and after a short time I loved the whole Album. I think the best songs of the lbum are OVER DRIVE, Metronome, Awanai Tsumori no genki de ne, Hachigatsu and Namida yo Hikare.
Especially the Solo from Metronome is incredible.

Just my two cent:)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:14 am

Asce

Asce

Caless Student
Caless Student
While I freaking love the album, I don't love it as much as I loved QaT when it came out.

This album is wonderfully experimental and full of depth for the repetitive listening session, with some new element to discover or unravel.....

BUT!!!!!

It's just so goddamingly riddled with electronic sounds I almost forget it's supposed to be a pop-rock album by SCANDAL!!!!

Maybe it's my inner rocker/metalhead speaking but hey, here's hoping I will like the next one more.

The Power Of Rock Compels you!!! 
Nice one  .hmmm.  .common.
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:07 pm

malalarks

malalarks

Caless Student
Caless Student
Standard is not perfect, but it actually is really good. At first I didn't liked it much, I thought that I only bought it for the T-shirt, lol. But, after listening to it a few more times, it grew on me. I probably like it more that QaT, dunno. Plus, it has all the singles from 2013, which were really amazing.

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 27 Tumblr_m8v07bqWPB1rseq0mo1_500
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:47 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
I still think it's their best album by a fair margin. It's also my favorite album of 2013.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:25 pm

AndyWorck

AndyWorck

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://myanimelist.net/profile/AndyWorck
I don't know if it's popular opinion or not but I think it's their best album so far and I have big expectations for their next album because of that ><
I've become really addicted to this album since it came out and even though I sometimes listen to some tracks alone, I like to just listen to whole album at once when I have long travel. Every track is unique, even if I'm not really fond of "pop" sound of Brand New Wave for example, I still kinda like it, it's so positive. Tracks like Weather report and Hachigatsu are so emotional, and final song STANDARD is, for me, the best song they've ever recorded : )

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 27 I8xa
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:20 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
There is no popular opinion, everyone has their own preference and it's great like that. I think all their albums are amazing but if you ask me I would also say that STANDARD is their best but mostly because it's the newest with the recent songs. It's easier to have that feeling because the songs still a bit "new" compared to older albums.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:31 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:but mostly because it's the newest with the recent songs. It's easier to have that feeling because the songs still a bit "new" compared to older albums.

Interesting point, but I've already fallen a bit out of touch with some QaT songs but still love the "oldies". Some songs are just inherently better than others I guess

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 27 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:43 pm

Timmeon

Timmeon

Caless Student
Caless Student
Standard is their best album since Temptation Box for me (excluding Encore Show, because its a compilation). Metronome, Hachigatsu and Standard are now among my favourite songs. The only songs that spoil the broth for me a little bit are Brand New Wave and Overdrive. I normally skip right to Uchiagehanabi and listen through the album from there.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:03 am

MamiSoul

MamiSoul

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I plan on ordering the T-shirt edition Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:17 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
MamiSoul wrote:I plan on ordering the T-shirt edition Happy

Is it still even available??

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 27 61185
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:40 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I highly doubt it, the album sold good and it's a deluxe edition.

Maybe she meant on eBay at a high cost?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:22 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
she could always try auction sites. i just spotted one on yahoo while sourcing for the TB photobook (off topic: damn why does CDJ sell that out only when I was ready to buy it, when I've been seeing it up there for 2 years?)

linernotes - 5th Album - 『STANDARD』 - Page 27 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down