Go down

Re: 17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」
Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:36 am

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
macdyne73 wrote:I respectfully disagree with the idea that the strings/violin before the second chorus is out of place. It's "purpose" is to mark a transition, the second verse is arranged differently and has a different "feel". A second intro, if you will.
I totally agree with this.

And it also makes me incredibly curious to see how they'll do this live.
I'm jealous that a few good ppl have already experienced OVER DRIVE live haha

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 7 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:41 am

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yeah, I think that the instrumental before the second chorus is well placed. It kind of...well, I can't really describe it because I don't remember the exact tune, but...anyways, it shows how different that part of the song is...and it just sounds nice. This is just my opinion, though.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:47 am

raddom

raddom

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:@raddom: It was posted 2 pages before. Next time, please be sure to check through the thread first to see if something has already been posted as you'll likely find what you're looking for. Happy

http://www.sonymusic.co.jp/artist/scandal/discography/ESCL-4097?bcRefId=70005130_ESCL-4097_02SFL
I'll be carefull, thanks.

The song is very... particular, i would like to liste it complete.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 7 86543010
LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:52 am

baymon

baymon

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think the broadcasted Over Drive is not the full version yet, I was expecting a bridge and final chorus but Haruna cut it Tongue. But from what I heard, it sounds very nice, I think it's gonna be one of my favorite Scandal's song. I kinda agree with HaruRinaMamiTomo, not quite liking the violin/accordion after the first chorus, would be cooler if it's replace with guitar solo Happy. But it's just a short part so it's ok.

"Scandal in the House" is really not the kind of music that I would like, so I won't comment much on that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:06 am

raynsity

raynsity

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
baymon wrote:I think the broadcasted Over Drive is not the full version yet, I was expecting a bridge and final chorus but Haruna cut it Tongue.
Yep you're right, it's not. The full version is 05:03 and this video is 3:21. There's still a lot to happen. .lol. You can hear it on Scanomics but because the girls are talking, it's only on the background and from what I can hear, IMO the best part starts from there. Mami's guitar part and the music gets more intense.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:00 am

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
raynsity wrote:
baymon wrote:I think the broadcasted Over Drive is not the full version yet, I was expecting a bridge and final chorus but Haruna cut it Tongue.
Yep you're right, it's not. The full version is 05:03 and this video is 3:21. There's still a lot to happen. .lol. You can hear it on Scanomics but because the girls are talking, it's only on the background and from what I can hear, IMO the best part starts from there. Mami's guitar part and the music gets more intense.
I noticed that too. I was surprised that it was 3:21 instead of 5:03 when the links were posted. Anyway, I really like this song! .wow.  Very enjoyable and easy on the ears. As for the strings/violin part, at first I think I was not expecting it and it came off to my ears in my first listen. But after repeating it, I grew accustomed to it, and realized that it fit the second verse. Now my ears are begging for it. I wonder about the live version for this.

I have no solid basis for this assumption for the PV, but I think they're going to continue the special video for this song. Well, it's just me... I've been wrong a lot about predicting what SCANDAL's PVs will be.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:13 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
I must say I quite like Over Drive the A-side, love that instrumental intermission. I'm pretty sure its a accordion and I feel like saying its a banjo in the background.

I still believe SCANDAL in the House is out there trying to be a shocker. It has dobondobondo plastered all over it! SCANDAL probably made it as a gag song or if Zumba hits Japan I'd totally recommend this song to be part of the track list.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 7 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:36 am

haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
I love it! ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
And the "funny" sound is also very cute.
Ahhhhhhh. Can't waaaaaaaaait! (◎_◎Wink

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 7 URT1EYY
17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 7 Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:15 am

Cherxyn

Cherxyn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm loving OVER DRIVE so much! Onion Love The song is great! And I think keyboard part or just the part after the 1st chorus is great and suits the song very well. Can't wait to hear to "full" song! :whistle:

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:05 pm

Mirytie

Mirytie

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Overdrive makes me remember of something UVERworld would release (wait, didn't they release an album with name already?) I like the title.
SCANDAL is in the house sounds like a rap song ^-^ can't wait!

Off Topic: @Valkata, I love your signature image *-*

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 7 295982_4318448326990_420683964_n

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 7 MMuserbar
"Pouring tears, Its not being weak, Its not regret,
Its pieces from my pain"

-Namida no Regret
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:29 pm

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Wait, the song's really 5 minutes long?!OMG Onion 
I already love it so much but there's a lot more to be heard
Yay~XuX

四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:46 pm

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
EH? There's violin? I cannot hear D:

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:04 pm

dunrite321

dunrite321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Five minutes long?!  Well that is a really pleasant surprise.  .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:54 pm

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

i dont know if this was posted yet but here's the full version of SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 7 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 7 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:21 pm

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
I love so much .wow. .wow. 

Thanks you for the video

It makes great, and suddenly the preview, that we heard, is no longer shocking.

Wait to see the PV LOVE

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 7 1eyORBM
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:32 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Was so happy to hear OVER DRIVE i didn't even notice it isn't the full song lol. So if it's over 5 min it means we are missing a big part! Nice .love. 

About SCANDAL IN DA HOUSE... wow!!!!  Not being a normal SCANDAL is the understatement of the century but honestly it sounds funny!!

And to me this is totally a "dobondobondo" song, but this time with the 4 girls! There can always be a surprise but honestly I expect an awesome and very funny PV. I'm totally OK with that, a cool-funny-crazy song like dobon!

Now give a crazy PV with them dancing and all and it's heaven. Seriously this could be pure awesomeness .smile. .nosebleed.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:35 pm

M

M

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yeah, it coould be that this is Almond Crush duo + Dobondobondo duo = SCANDAL IN DA HOUSE.
Makes me so excited to see the pv!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:47 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
haha I love how at 4:28 they say "Uchira no bosu...HARUNA!" = "Our boss, HARUNA!"

And CDJ just updated that an ad poster will come as a first press external bonus for both versions of the singles.

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 7 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:02 pm

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE. I love it. I absolutely love it! .wow. 

It's such an energetic song. At some points in the beginning of the song,
Haruna sounds like she's singing in Korean LOL

If they do dance in the MV like how we all suspect, it's gonna be one wicked MV haha
Haruna's gonna rock it .smile. 

And Rina's come a long way with her vocals.
I love hearing them all sing Onion Love 
Thanks!

四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:06 pm

spin_along

spin_along

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
HAHAHA I love this! >XD I already imagined from the preview that SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE was gonna be something made to be funny just like dobondobondo, and it really sounds like that. Not my kind of thing for "serious" music, but for the laughs I just love it.

Now I'm even more curious about their new PVs.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:07 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
haha "our boss", awesome. TIMO sings about anime, games kawai stuff if i hear correctly. Maybe while she sings that we could see MAMI play a game .wow. 

I'm getting too hyped for the PV seriously... Just listened to it again and it's awesome, it's basically a "dubstep" version of dobon with the 4 girls.

And great news about the external bonus!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:18 pm

babaloued

babaloued

International Performer
International Performer
WOW ! At first, I was disappointed by the preview of SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE but with the full version, I change my mind.

SCANDAL live 

2012.07.16 - バンドやろうよ!vol.3
2012.08.21 - Canal City Hakata
2014.06.28/29 - ARENA FESTIVAL DAY 1&2

2014.08.05 - RIJF 2014
2015.04.25/26/30 - HW TOUR 2015
2015.10.21 - TIMM
2016.09.10/17/20/21/24/25 - YELLOW in EUROPE 2016
Live! 
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:31 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
babaloued wrote:WOW ! At first, I was disappointed by the preview of SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE but with the full version, I change my mind.
Yep, the small preview we had is a bit misleading IMO and doesn't represent how nice the song is. It doesn't get the "vibe" of what the song really is if you can understand what I mean .hail.

Do we know how long this song will be?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:43 pm

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
I'm just WTFing and laughing my way through the whole song... its like a total mash up stuff. I really don't know what's going on... But hell yeah I want to see the PV!

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

17th Single - 「OVER DRIVE」 - Page 7 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:12 am

jpopishot

jpopishot

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE sounds like a mix of Techno, House, and K-POP type beats 0-0. Just listening to the beat reminded me a little of the song's my step-dad listens to on the club music Pandora station. Certain parts also sounded like something off the Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt anime OST 0-0. Like a mix of Cherryboy Riot Part 1, Corset's Theme, the opening section of Pantscada (only the first 36 seconds of Pantscada, definitely not the part that comes afterward 0-0), and  Schranz Chase (could also just be me imagining this, I've been rewatching PSG lately so the music is stuck in my head). Overall though, I think this song is really wild, and I like it!

Jpop kicks American music's ass .bleh. but SCANDAL rules them all
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.