Go down

Re: SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR"
Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:00 pm

BMC

BMC

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
It's official: TOMO has tested positive and both their Chicago and Vancouver shows have been postponed.

https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/1548392764039057411

#front-page

I am sure the band is as devastated by this (if not not more so) as the all the fans are.

Please do what you can to support them right now with positive comments on Twitter, Instagram, hashtags, etc. Please and thank you!

Last edited by BMC on Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brian from Atlanta. Band-Maid: MISA/Akane Scandal: Rina/Mami
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:02 pm

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
It's official: TOMO has tested positive and both their Chicago and Vancouver shows have been postponed.

https://twitter.com/scandal_band/status/1548392764039057411

#front-page

Hmm, if she was asymptomatic or has mild symptoms, I'd advise that the show must go on!  Americans don't seem to be bothered by COVID.  By the number of unmasked at the Toronto show, I'd be surprised if they weren't all positive.

Remember that sneeze in Scandal in the House?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:05 pm

ankur_chipps

ankur_chipps

Caless Student
Caless Student
Ohh damn! Hope she gets better soon!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:18 pm

WhosyoScandal

Caless Student
Caless Student
Lale wrote:
WhosyoScandal wrote:The show was absolutely incredible. 

I met and befriended the entire group of people on the front left side of the stage. We all sang together, cheered together and hyped each other up when we got tired. It was absolutely amazing. 

Shout out to Neil at the front row... as the encore started, he grabbed my shoulder and said: "Bro.. I've been to a lot of SCANDAL shows... and you earned this. Take my spot." He let me stand against the rail for the encore and I pretty much cried over his kindness. The same goes for his friend, sorry I don't know the name. 

I met a couple, Sunny and Joe, in the parking deck because I was lost and couldn't find the new venue for the masquerade. We ended up all three having VIP and we spent the entire night together partying with Scandal. 

When the guy Neil let me stand against the rail for the encore, he also let this girl Sunny stand front row with us. SCANDAL BABY was incredible!!! 

At the end of the show, Neil told me that he's been to every show on this tour in US and he said "Atlanta hands down blew every other city away... incredible". 

There were a few moments where I caught the bands attention from the crowd. If you heard a guy yell "TOMOMI-SENPAIIIII!!!!", then that was me!! Haha. The crowd laughed, then Tomomi giggled and bowed directly at me. She then made a heart gesture with her hands. 

I'm just.... blown away. Not only by the performance of SCANDAL, but the diversity and kindness of the crowd. I made at least 10 new friends tonight and we all saved each others info after the show. It was an absolutely beautiful experience. 

The entire purpose of music is to bring people together... and SCANDAL did that TENFOLD while in a foreign country to them. 

11/10

I'm glad you had a good time, i was the guy next to Neil and can confirm Neil is the GOAT

Atlanta showed up for sure! HARU omg

No way!! Are you serious?!? Well, let me thank you once again for enhancing the show so much!! It was a blast :D!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:20 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well this is not good news. I certainly hope her symptoms are mild, and that it doesn't become a serious case. I guess that's stating the obvious. If by some miracle they are able to continue on, I strongly suggest we urge fans to take a FREE TEST the day before going to a show.

Last edited by hogradish on Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:23 pm

WhosyoScandal

Caless Student
Caless Student
cantacanta wrote:
Hmm, if she was asymptomatic or has mild symptoms, I'd advise that the show must go on!  Americans don't seem to be bothered by COVID.  By the number of unmasked at the Toronto show, I'd be surprised if they weren't all positive.

Toronto =/= Americans, though.. that's Canada.

Everyone followed the rules 100% and did everything the band requested, so I don't see the need to make the statement that you'd be surprised if everyone weren't positive.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:28 pm

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
WhosyoScandal wrote:
cantacanta wrote:

Toronto =/= Americans, though.. that's Canada.

Everyone followed the rules 100% and did everything the band requested, so I don't see the need to make the statement that you'd be surprised if everyone weren't positive.

True.  No one broke the rules.  Though, two hours in an enclosed space with unmasked individuals yelling is enough to spread infection regardless of distance.  The ventilation was not good enough in Toronto and I'm sure other venues.  But, we have vaccines and so on.  I do hope they are just being overly cautious and that she doesn't have more than mild symptoms.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:34 pm

KaminariShock

KaminariShock

Caless Student
Caless Student
I read the tweet when i was about to load google maps, literally was about to hit the gas and drive 1hr and 30 mins  setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 10 1f629 . Hope they re schedule it at the end of the tour. 

Hope she gets well soon

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 10 SBSyT11     

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:50 pm

JR_Grimes

JR_Grimes

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/jr_grimes/
Thoughts and prayers to Tomo. They were doing so well avoiding it too! Maybe they should’ve just did away with the M&G all together. 

Wonder how this refund process will work. Because of obvious future tour dates and logistics, I don’t see a reschedule happening.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:58 pm

KaminariShock

KaminariShock

Caless Student
Caless Student
I checked my livenation app -> tickets , Mine says Postponed 

hopefully by the end of the month on a saturday

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 10 SBSyT11     

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:22 pm

JR_Grimes

JR_Grimes

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Yeah looks like more information will be coming soon. Hoping for the best since this was the only show I planned on attending. Feel better soon Tomo-san!!

https://twitter.com/HOBChicago/status/1548400719174152192?s=20&t=DfTXzGHdy4AuCz6vSo7WWg

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:45 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm going to take a guess here and assume the plan is to wait 5 days. The CDC is currently saying if you feel better and don't have a fever 5 days after testing positive, you don't have to isolate any more as long as you wear a mask like all the time, and try really hard to stay away from people. They also say to not travel for 10 days. but that's just a recommendation. In theory, if Tomomi has a nice, light case, they could probably do the Seattle show. Of course if anyone else tests positive between now and then, it's off.
And when wearing a mask, I'm not talking about a cute one. I'm talking about a big ugly N95 mask that makes you look like a demented bird. I myself am taking delivery of some highly fashionable black N95 masks this very day.
While I'm VERY concerned for Tomomi's well being, I'm also hopeful she will recover without too much discomfort or difficulty. I'm fairly confidant that will be the case. If the other members by some miracle escape positive test results, the show will eventually go on.
All in all, I'm happy I kept my London ticket all this time. I also will probably just eat this tote bag of Japanese snacks I got as a gift for the Vancouver show, in case they were starting to get tired of American food.

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:49 pm

BorrowedTime

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Well, this is terrible timing… I landed in Vancouver at 2:30pm, turned my phone back on and what is the first thing I see… 

There’s a sushi bar around the corner from my hotel. I think I’m going to go drown myself in seafood…

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:00 pm

Aguerooooo9320

Caless Student
Caless Student
Same here… I fly in to Vancouver tomorrow. I guess the postponement frees up a dinner slot for irresponsible amounts of seafood

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:04 pm

Miasthma

Miasthma

Caless Student
Caless Student
Sitting in the Toronto airport waiting for my Vancouver flight. Going to catch Billy Talent Monday night at Pacific Coliseum instead, but absolutely gutted by the news. I wrote a letter to them and everything. Best wishes and speedy recovery, Tomo.

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 10 Spotwr10setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 10 Spotwr11
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:33 pm

richard scranton

richard scranton

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxvg_PmErmegCY5-fgqHtaA?view_as
JR_Grimes wrote:Thoughts and prayers to Tomo. They were doing so well avoiding it too! Maybe they should’ve just did away with the M&G all together. 

There is nothing to suggest that she picked it up at the meet and greet. They have all been traveling so it could have been anywhere, hotel, plane, transportation, restaurant, or even the venue.

formally known as graftenberg
Back to top Go down

tomomi.....
Posted Sat Jul 16, 2022 11:59 pm

kevinrocks

Caless Student
Caless Student
im sending BIG LOVE and MOTO MOTO HEALING VIBES at tomo chan.
get well soon tomo!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:05 am

JR_Grimes

JR_Grimes

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
richard scranton wrote:
JR_Grimes wrote:Thoughts and prayers to Tomo. They were doing so well avoiding it too! Maybe they should’ve just did away with the M&G all together. 

There is nothing to suggest that she picked it up at the meet and greet. They have all been traveling so it could have been anywhere, hotel, plane, transportation, restaurant, or even the venue.

Agreed, great point. I can’t help but wonder as a countermeasure to keep them as safe as possible will there be any changes for the future shows including how VIP is handled.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:29 am

Aguerooooo9320

Caless Student
Caless Student
Vancouver organisers just sent me an email issuing full refund Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:55 am

confusedinupstatenewyork

confusedinupstatenewyork

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I swear, COVID keeps attacking my favorite bassists.
I hope her recovery is swift and relatively painless.

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 10 Sig10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:26 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
Main thing is Tomo has got the Jag and Covid has being getting weaker, so hopeful a few days of rest she will be fine.

For rest of Tour Tomo and Mami may not do they creeping up to Haru just to be on safe side

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:36 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Tomomi is young and fit ( well compared to me ) I am sure she will be OK but she must be as gutted as us, the Tour was going so well  Sad

setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 10 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:39 am

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
God save our dear TOMOMI and our dear SCANDAL. Feeling the sorrow of those who made plans and were looking forward to seeing them. (It would have been relatively easy for us in Boston since we live only a couple of miles from their concert here.) Can't help wonder about what this does to the band's bottom line. After all, touring is a livelihood for them and their staffs. I worry if rent for cancelled dates was a sunk cost, if they have any kind of insurance against this, etc. Anyone can look around and see small businesses that went under because of the pandemic and now we have the new inflation as well, and so many people are suffering much worse... but, well, they never talk about this stuff, we'll never know, and there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:09 pm

cantacanta

Caless Student
Caless Student
etwee wrote:God save our dear TOMOMI and our dear SCANDAL. Feeling the sorrow of those who made plans and were looking forward to seeing them. (It would have been relatively easy for us in Boston since we live only a couple of miles from their concert here.) Can't help wonder about what this does to the band's bottom line. After all, touring is a livelihood for them and their staffs. I worry if rent for cancelled dates was a sunk cost, if they have any kind of insurance against this, etc. Anyone can look around and see small businesses that went under because of the pandemic and now we have the new inflation as well, and so many people are suffering much worse... but, well, they never talk about this stuff, we'll never know, and there's nothing we can do about it anyway.

Scandal saved us…

Okay, okay.  I just had to.

Back to top Go down

Best wishes for Tomomi
Posted Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:13 pm

RISKEY

Caless Student
Caless Student
According to her IG, Tomo made it to Chicago, but the show at House of Blues was postponed on short notice. I am hoping she and the rest of the band have time to relax and feel healthy while in the Windy City. I look forward to the rescheduled show in the intimate House of Blues venue.  setlist - SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2022 "MIRROR" - Page 10 1f637

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.