What do you think of CUTE?
Posted on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:25 am

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Now, I'm just curious to see what the members of SH think about our girls'...unexpected change of themes?

Personally, I found it ridiculously cute, and it's good to see their fun side every once in a while. However, my friend commented that SCANDAL had essentially jumped the shark with this move and pretty much made themselves well, "just another regular girl group", and for what's worth she has a point.

What do you guys think about it?

Objectively speaking, I disagree with her, because A, this kind of PV is "sponsored", and B, cause although yes, they were parading around in their rooms, they were all pretty well-covered (I'm looking at you AKB48)

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think of CUTE?
Posted on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:00 am

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
Paladinoras wrote:Objectively speaking, I disagree with her, because A, this kind of PV is "sponsored", and B, cause although yes, they were parading around in their rooms, they were all pretty well-covered (I'm looking at you AKB48)

Hahaha agree. They are wearing gym clothes. And what do people expect the PV would be, since they are promoting a super cute brand like Sanrio? I guess these people just can't accept the fact that a rock band can be that super cute, much cuter that those idol groups out there without even trying so hard. Hehe. And besides, it's not like SCANDAL will be doing PVs like that from now on. It's just good to see SCANDAL doing different things every now and then.

Last edited by LieAnn on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:05 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
LieAnn wrote:Hahaha agree. They are gym clothes. And what do people expect the PV would be, since they are promoting a super cute brand like Sanrio? I guess these people just can't accept the fact that a rock band can be that super cute, much cuter that those idol groups out there without even trying so hard. Hehe. And besides, it's not like SCANDAL will be doing PVs like that from now on. It's just good to see SCANDAL doing different things every now and then.
Nice One

So, I thought that this PV was adorable. And yeah, I personally don't think them being shown in gym clothes in their rooms is anything...racy, or whatever. The new Cinnamoroll line is geared towards teenage girls, right? So, I think that obviously this PV is directed more towards them than anyone else (and I'm sure no teen girl thinks that this PV is inappropriate or anything lol). In those scenes, SCANDAL's depicting the ordinary things that teenage girls typically do in their downtime: hang out with friends, go on the computer, take photos, etc. I'm a girl the same age as MAMI and TOMOMI, so I can definitely relate to things like that.

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL
2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX
2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA
2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA
2016.01.12 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館
2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting
2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016
2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting
2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:29 pm

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
the pv is hella cute! i was shocked when i watched the first few sec. cause it's soooo different...

this way they'll gain a lot of female fans :D

maybe the ones who disliked the vid are fans of akb or some jpop idol group. lol

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:36 pm

Rinshei

International Performer
International Performer
http://japanslot.blogspot.com/
the PV is so cute like the title, i'm shock when saw it on youtube..

and, as rina said, they will change their style...

and when i saw they really change their style to adult mode..

Nice One

Visit Our Blog At [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:38 pm

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Disagree based on the simple fact that Pride and Emotion sound NOTHING like Cute. It's takes more than one song to jump the shark. It's a product tie-in anyway so I wouldn't worry too much.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:54 pm

RP

International Performer
International Performer
its too CUTE! its not like how i liked their previous songs but [yeah,macdyne73] its a product tie-in anyway. and unlike BEUTeen; which i really love, this is something really different. its healthy for them to try new one though.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:23 pm

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
As what everyone said, it's a product tie-in. So no worries here.

Anyway, they are still young girls (adults, yes, nonetheless still youthful and energetic), so I personally feel that there is nothing wrong in showing that liveliness in the PV. Their style of cuteness (in the PV) feels quite different from the idol style of cuteness, if this makes any sense. Personal opinion (^w^)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:48 pm

gabe_majere

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I like this PV, yes is different but is good, i like how silly they are, eating and playing, doing normal stuff, i really think the idea of this PV was that, they being cute.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:11 pm

billyboy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://beleloy.tumblr.com/
Paladinoras wrote:
Objectively speaking, I disagree with her, because A, this kind of PV is "sponsored", and B, cause although yes, they were parading around in their rooms, they were all pretty well-covered (I'm looking at you AKB48)

same sentiments here about the AKB48 thing,,,, hahaha one thing's for sure,, that song and the video match together...i don't see anything worng in the video,, just the fact that CAN-TA is no where to be found....hheheh.. but for there new mascot,,, isn't it from the HELLO KITTY team....
while i'm walking around the house,, i saw this doll...[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][/img]
i look at it's tag in it's butt, and it says SANRIO... wow... what's the name again/?

oh i forgot,,, it's their first PV where i really liked their choreography ,,, (because i really disliked their dancing thing, especially in nanka,,,hehehe...)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ Yea, the name of the brand they are promoting is Sanrio, their Cinnamonroll product thing or whatever.

And great to see that the members here aren't fazed by their change of style. I argued that too, that EMOTION and PRIDE are hardcore rock songs while only Cute is the different one.

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:52 am

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
Lots of people see this PV as a positive move for SCANDAL. And I agree with that. Instead of people complaining about SCANDAL being so idol-group-looking in this PV, I think people should wonder, of all the idol groups in Japan, why did Sanrio chose SCANDAL? Why choose a rock band instead of an idol group who only knows how to be cute? Hahaha. No offense meant there. ^_^

もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:22 am

Onyx

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://plus.google.com/+PeterZurkirchen
Paladinoras wrote:Now, I'm just curious to see what the members of SH think about our girls'...unexpected change of themes?

Personally, I found it ridiculously cute, and it's good to see their fun side every once in a while. However, my friend commented that SCANDAL had essentially jumped the shark with this move and pretty much made themselves well, "just another regular girl group", and for what's worth she has a point.

What do you guys think about it?

When is the last time AKB48 was seen with guitars? Right. SCANDAL gets on stage with their instruments and plays their own music, that can never be compared to girl groups (as opposed to bands).

SCANDAL made a cute PV for a reason (though without showing the world their bellybuttons), yet the main PV for the single is completely different. SCANDAL is just too talented and versatile to be so easily pigeonholed.

Sure, SCANDAL could beat most, if not all, of the cute idol groups at their own game. But that's not their game. Even in the Cute PV they are still playing their instruments.

Until SCANDAL puts their instruments away and does a whole concert singing and dancing and being cute, I'm not gonna worry about it Punkman

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:39 am

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
i am in agreement with all of you here. this is a really good move for SCANDAL nice positive step. personally i like this pv and it shows a different side of them. it's not like they are going to keep making pvs like this. so im not worried. just one look at the Pride preview and i'm all up and ready for some real rock from the girls! Punkman Onion Whistle

SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:55 am

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
LieAnn wrote:I think people should wonder, of all the idol groups in Japan, why did Sanrio chose SCANDAL? Why choose a rock band instead of an idol group who only knows how to be cute?

Very good question. Why indeed? This is proof that their star is on the rise and that some people believe in them enough. I mean SANRIO could've just picked any random girl unit if it was just for the cute factor. Clearly, SANRIO saw something in them.

Personally, I think this is a very good move for them. Being associated with a giant company like SANRIO will do wonders for their publicity and exposure and will enable them to reach out to more fans. Perhaps soon we'll see a SCANDAL single hit no.1?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:33 am

bwahaha_13

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://bwahaha13.multiply.com/
is there anyone knows what's the name of that cute doll?
hehehe
im just curious... Onion Smoker

I Love my Pussy...lol
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:35 am

HaruhoKaisser

International Performer
International Performer
@bwahaha_13 it's Cinnamoroll~

The first time I saw the PV , I was shocked , because it's quite different from their older PVs . Well personally I think there's nothing wrong with SCANDAL trying new things . It's not that they're abandoning their rock style (we can see that from the 17-seconds PRIDE PV preview) so I have no worries . And being able to work with big brand like Sanrio is another achievement for them !

The President of The Avatarless Clan, back in action!! *insert some cool-looking pose here* xD
----------

United by the love for SCANDAL~
----------
damatte0924 : Ed, I wanna go back to being the old Lexy Darla, I don't want hair!! especially long and lavishing straight hair from a shampoo commercial D<
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:20 am

elevenglass

International Performer
International Performer
http://scandal-thaifan.blogspot.com/
I think this PV Style just designed for a collaboration of Cinnamoroll
The song title & implication of song are about CUTE SO, It should be like this way

You can see in Pride PV Preview that They're still have Rock style
SCANDAL's still a Girl PopRock Band Punkman

I think this is the cutest pv of scandal ever, Sure. i like this PV so much
I'm SCANDAL Fan. I do love all the way They are. Love

(´・_・`)

h! SCANDAL BABY  ♪♪
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:33 am

Luanna

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
CUTE is indeed a BERY BERY cute PV ^__^ lol. The girls look pretty normal yet cute! to me~ lol. watched it 12129749598435602385 times. Happy) LOVE

"We'd rather have them look at us, not our school uniforms"- Haruna
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:25 pm

Jericho07

Caless Student
Caless Student
erm.., too cute for me. dont like it.
i like scandal is because of their garage rock, not this one.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:16 pm

Freakypandaz

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Along with Yume miru Tsubasa, this song goes into my "SCANDAL's oddest" bin.
CUTE! as its name suggest, is awfully cute. A bit way too cute. But hey, it's a sponsored PV, they're advertising a "cute" puppy so they have to go along with the flow. You can't expect them to play a song like shunkan with that dog around. (try it, I LOLed)

On the bright side, the PV is cute, not sluohwaiticantsaythatword, although i do find their skirts really short.

I like the song

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:13 pm

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I like the song more than i expected actually, what with the title being CUTE! Though the PV was different, it was still interesting and enjoyable to watch, especially SCANDAL acting naturally and doing cute things. The song complements Pride and Emotion though, so there's an epic track, a happy track and a rock ballad.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:38 pm

orphicviper

Caless Student
Caless Student
My first viewing of the pv brought an instant smile to my face. I don't understand why anyone would complain? They are still young ladies, and having them make a video showing them relaxing and spending time together as friends rather than as a band showed me a different side of them. I feel like I got a chance to share 4 minutes with them as people, not as celebrities or stars.

I won't go so far as to say that this is my favorite pv, but it is definitely in my top 5. I love it!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:34 pm

chen

Caless Student
Caless Student
its really cute..
i like their hair.. Clap Amazed

♣¤═════¤۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩¤═════¤♣
     |]▓▓║_____ SCANDAL _____║▓▓ [|  
♣¤═════¤۩۞۩ஜஜ۩۞۩¤═════¤♣
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:21 pm

darkflames13

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
just like the title implies... it really is cute.. and rather refreshing to see from the girls as it quite different from most of their pvs... personally I like it ... it shows their cute side... :D but thats just my opinion... XD

♦ sig by me ♦
Back to top Go down