BABY ACTION Review [Page 1 of 3]

BABY ACTION Review
Posted on Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:11 am

MNScandalfan

Caless Student
Caless Student
I love the song "Burn". There are several songs that show the girls growth and versatility but I like the old school flavor of this one. And btw - Mami's guitar playing is improving leaps and bounds each album. Not to mention the bass/drums combo Tomo and Rina. (Haruna has always been my favorite from the beginning). GO SCANDAL !! Clap

Back to top Go down

Re: BABY ACTION Review
Posted on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:31 pm

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Moved to SCANDAL Talk.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:46 am

GROLEM11

International Performer
International Performer
Yeah i agree the new album is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RAWR!!!!!!!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:21 am

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
You can't really rate or compare SCANDAL's albums because each and one of them are unique... I am quite satisfied with this new full length album. As usual Tomo's voice just killed every fan out there... In this album the girls have diversified alot not just sticking to the old rock even singing has slighty changed!

Rate 5/5 actually thats stupid SCANDAL songs... you just can't rate them because they'll always turn out to be 100% awesome~!

I've just read the recent few posts... so far SCANDAL has produce three very different albums Best SCANDAL shows their skill as a band, TB a mix of rock and abit of techno pop and BA is an advanced album. Comparing these three are comparing a pear to a apple or orange. It just depends if you like the pear or apple or orange....

Last edited by bleachnlife on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:49 am; edited 2 times in total

SCANDAL Haruna Happy SCANDAL Mami Nice One SCANDAL Tomomi  LOL  SCANDAL Rina UHUH! SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:00 am

trojan01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.kaskus.co.id/member.php?u=1677182
hmm... in Baby Action I just like BURN and Sparkling UHUH!

the other I think its ordinary
and the music of this Album not like BEST SCANDAL and TEMPTATION BOX ... Wew

and in myself, BEST SCANDAL is better than Baby Action

------------------

Sorry it Just My Opinion ..

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:38 am

rinrin151091

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://ichigo-ringo.deviantart.com/
my favorite in BA are sono toki sekai wa kimi darake no rain, appletachi no dengon, burn, and one piece
of course i also love scandal nanka buttobase, pride, haruka, n love survive
but i have t agree with trojan, i prefer best scandal n temptation box
maybe i just need the songs to grow in me
anyway, i have a feeling if i see them perform BA live, i'll definitely in love with the songs XD

You're welcome RINA!!!  
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:00 am

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Just my opinion, from the playing side, the music on this album is VASTLY superior to their earlier stuff.

I love all the new stuff, particularly Burn, Tokyo Skyscraper and one piece.

BA shows that the girls are progressing as a band. The arrangements and the music in the album are really bold even reckless sometimes. I think they know they risk alienating some fans but in the end the desire to push themselves won out.

And I'm lovin the end product!

Mami's guitar playing stands out quite a bit and Rina's drumwork is miles ahead of TB, never mind BEST. Heck, all the girls progressed, even Haru's rhythm guitar work is slightly different here and Tomo's slapping and popping is all over the place! I really enjoyed that.

One of the nicest things I've discovered about this album is found in an interview somewhere (I want to say the one in YoungGuitar but I can't remember for sure). The girls had a lot of freedom to do things while recording. There was apparently a lot of improvisation and on the fly stuff going on. And of course, their increased creative contribution as songwriters is a really awesome thing and I really feel good about that. Judging by the amount of input they had in the production of this album, this is probably the closest thing yet to the sound that comes right out of their true selves.

Having said all that, there are some things that could've been done better. The mixing on the album is not consistent. Some songs are too trebbly while some other songs had too much bass. Some songs sounded very muddy so it needed some EQ surfing to clean up the sound.

About the track list, I feel that Nanka Buttobase doesn't really fit into the album's theme. Neither is Haruka for that matter. But I'm not really complaining both songs are fine. It would've been better if they had rerecorded or at least remastered both those songs for the album but I guess they didn't think of that.

Overall, I'm extremely pleased by BA and I hope the girls will keep producing good honest music straight from their hearts!

Last edited by macdyne73 on Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar)

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:36 am

joanah009

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I like all the new songs,
but Tokyo Skyscraper, Burn, One Piece, Appletachi no dengon is my fav.
and I recently got addicted to Tokyo Skyscraper XD
some songs really has a loud bass, but that's okay.

anyways,
I really like the song in BA, but TB is better for me.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:08 pm

Paladinoras

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
On one hand, it does show the band's growth, Rina's drumming in Tokyo Skyscraper is to die for...

But I still prefer BEST SCANDAL regardless, the songs there just hit a note with me better. After a few hundred listens I'd rank BA above Temptation Box though. SLIGHTLY above. Very close call.

Please, call me Pally. XD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:31 pm

Nikki

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Well, Baby Action. I listened to it the whole day (and a bit more, lol).
Glamourous you is a really catchy refreshing song. And cute :D Great as an opening of the album.
その時、世界はキミだらけのレイン and Sparkling are fine. They are bright songs, but aren't really noticeable or memorizeable. So these ones, probably, are my less favourite songs among new tracks.
BURN. Sounds like a ballad. It is a very atmospheric track. Listening to it I can understand why it was chosen as a soundtrack. I like it.
アップルたちの伝言. Nice and really dynamic song. I liked these horn-sounds, it makes this song unordinary :3
東京スカイスクレイパー (Tokyo Skyscraper). This is totally my favourite among the new songs. Liked it from the first listen. This song has kinda serious sound. And it reminds me of Aitai somehow ^ ^''.
Very Special. As far as I know this song was written by the girls themselves. Well, it really matches their style.
One Piece. Very sensual song. It gives me great feeling of something nostalgic. And it is a great ending for the album, which makes you want to relisten all songs one more time)

Overall, the album is very "strong" and I'm fully satisfied with it. I want to thank girls for this awesome work and for all these emotions their realese gave to me ^ ^
Though BS is still my favourite.:3

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:20 am

mamifan1

Caless Student
Caless Student
i thought the album is very powerful and nice and i'm satisfied with it. my fav is tokyo skyscraper it's such an awesome song. Burn absolutely powerful tomo voice is awesome as ever.

UHUH! scandal is awsome
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:50 pm

Zakku Yao

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scandal-Fans-Singapore/20079261997
AWESOMENESS. Bought the Mag Edition but haven come yet.
My opinion
1. Glamourous you 8/10
2. 02 その時、世界はキミだらけのレイン 9.5/10 the cute cute ahbulatataahbulalatabula
3. Love Survive 9.2/10 the fast tune
4. Sparkling 9.6/10 this cute song is making me HYPER
5. BURN 9/10 i am listening to a horror movie song!!! woohoo. Lol jkjk. quite nice.
6. 06 アップルたちの伝言 8.6/10 somehow i got a feeling it will become an anime song.
7. 東京スカイスクレイパー Tokyo Skyscraper 8/10
8. Pride 9/10
9. Haruka 9/10
10. Scandal Nanka Buttobase 7.8/10
11. Very Special 8.5/10
12. One Piece 9/10 a very nice calming tune.

Scandal makes me hyper and awake.
Zakku Yao / Z Yeow
Concert / Fashion Photographer, Event Photojounalist [intern w Flotography since 2009]
Part-time Sound & Lighting Technician [intern w a company since 2006]
Ngee Ann Polytechnic Year 1 Student
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:13 pm

Tombkingretr0

Caless Student
Caless Student
I love all their stuff but (to me), they've lost that old school abrasive sound found in the 1st album and (sometimes) the 2nd album. obviously the singles, pride, haruka, etc are excellent, as is burn, but to me this album is their weakest. hopefully a few more listens will set things straight.
i can safely say though that the musical ability has improved substantially compared to BEST SCANDAL.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:16 pm

Chioku

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm loving this new album!
My favourite track (not including singles) is Tokyo Skyscraper. The beginning reminds me of the Joker no Kuni no Alice (video game) theme song. Next to that is Burn. I adore that song <3
I like the diversity of this album. Some slow, rock, and bubbly songs on it. I just hope my bank account can feed on some munnehs so I can buy it already!

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:04 pm

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
It actually took me quite a while to get used to the songs.
I might sound like a rebel that stuck in the past but the absence of the old SCANDAL sound kind of upset me.

But now I got used to them and totally love the album. Great job SCANDAL.
Love the Tomomi flavor it has.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:50 pm

gabe_majere

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I like the sound of the girls in this album, a very punk rock vibe, especially burn and one piece, those are my favorites song from the album.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:50 pm

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
A review huh.. Hehe.

I'll have to say I prefer BS over TB and BA, but BA is a very refreshing album for me. You'll have different emotions while listening to each songs, and the album really showed the band's versatility. I have listened to all the songs and "Tokyo Skyscraper" is stuck in my head for days now. Hahaha. I love how Haru and Tomo sang this song, and it really reminds me of the anime Lupin III, what with the retro sound and oldies feel to it. Haha. For "Glamorous You" as an opening song, well I think it needs more time to grow on me, or I need to see that performed live like "Everybody Say Yeah" which I really liked when I saw the live performance of it. And there's "Appletachi no Dengon" which caught my attention too. As for the other songs, excluding the ones from the singles, I think they'll grow on me sooner or later. And the last song, "One Piece" is actually my second favorite song in this album. I find it somewhat calming, and once again I love how Haruna sang this song. It's just perfect (Haru-biased hahaha).

もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:13 am

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
i finally got my BA in and had a chance to listen to it a few times. BA is somewhat of a surprise to me. it feels like SCANDAL is moving away from j-rock in the direction of just plain old j-pop.

the positives on this album are that the girls are clearly developing themselves and that's great. in terms of music and image this album is a transitional one for them. from the interviews it seems as if they have more input into the songs and have been experimenting with new sounds in an effort to "find themselves" which i applaude. each member's individual performance in every song sounds fantastic.

that being said, for the most part i'm still enjoying BS and TB more. i can't wait to see these songs performed in a live. i hope they release their winter tour like they did for the last 2 live dvd releases. if it makes sense, seeing them perform the songs actually make me like the songs more. like many people here, so far my 3 top favorites from BA are skyscraper, appletachi, and one piece. bottom of the list for me are sparkling (feels like a sugar overload after downing too many energy drinks) and very special.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:23 pm

phoenixnumber1

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well I just got my first ever SCANDAL CD today from cdJapan so I am very pleased! Clap

Glamorous You is fun, catchy and memorable, but it doesn't have the live performance value that Scandal Baby and Everybody Say Yeah have, in that it doesn't strike you immediately as powerful or set the bar for the rest of the album. SCANDAL BABY I loved immediately and set the tone for the rest of the album, and for me it was BS's best new track. I still like it more than ESY though, it's a nicer melody.
Sono Toki is short and sweet but overly simple I think - the guitar is not memorable or interesting and though I don't mind the tune it's not very outstanding. I'd compare it to Hello!Hello! on TB. Love Survive fits well here but at the moment there's too much sugar and sparkle in terms of either production or melody, if you know what I mean.

I didn't like Sparkling at first as it was super poppy, but it's grown on me and there are a lot of small things I like about it, eg the riff, the second verse, the quiet chorus etc...The melody is nice too, definitely a likeable singable song even if pure pop. By the way I was looking at the lyrics and was surprised to see the s word in there, though when she sang it it just sounded like 'oishii'... Sweating

Burn is an improvement as it breaks up the sweetness and glitter and it really sounds like something from a credible well-established band - not that their stuff isn't credible, but a lot of their songs lacked maturity. Haruna's voice really suits it and I like the instrumental bit at the end, almost reminds me of the Radiohead CD I've been given to listen to...adds an unpredictable twist. :D

Appletachi no Dengon is not as memorable as I'd hoped, I like the riff but the melody is not as catchy and likeable as say for Sparkling. I'd like to see it live though, the guitar sounds overly produced here. Tokyo Skyscraper is catchy, I like the bass and funky vibe, and what I can understand of the lyrics are great. As they said it does progress into a disco vibe which I'm not as keen on, and the interlude is a little disappointing, but I like the verse and it's definitely a stick-in-your-head type.

The 3 singles I think should have been spread out a bit more, but I think Pride and Nanka do suit the vibe of the album, though Haruka a little less. Very Special is OK, I'm glad Tomo composed but I think I like Rina and Mami's style more - Emotion, Want You and Hikare have more of a garage-band feel whereas this is more pop and sweet, like Tomomi but not to my musical taste. One Piece is relaxing and calm, has a similar feel to Burn. The melody is OK, I think the chorus could be better and them singing together gives it a Secret Base feel, probably one they're hoping to last.

Overall I like most of the songs and it's closer to BS than TB was; there is a credible band feel to some of the tracks and the instrumentals are strong - great improvement from Mami and Rina in particular. I think the songs were a little over-produced; too much keyboard/synth or editing the instrument sounds or adding sound effects,but there were places where it was well done too, like in One Piece where the drums come in - perfectly and dramatically done.
A thing I noticed about BS recently is that the sound of the instruments are fairly consistent throughout most of the album; going from Ring!Ring!Ring! to Maboroshi Night it could almost be them finishing practising a song then jumping into the next. Other instruments like keyboard are added where they add to the melody and composition of parts and not to add explosions of impact. This gives a sense of consistency and therefore helps glue the songs together into a collective album I think. Production is also minimal but even so each song is different while complementing one another and the whole album. Anyway TB didn't have this as much and BA less so, though it didn't necessarily make it a worse album.

Anyway sorry for rambling, for now overall 8/10 :D

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:29 am

rock_chick

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
to be perfectly honest. i don't really like the album. compared to best scandal and temptation box it's wayy more pop. which isn't my style at all.
i only like a couple of songs in this album. other than singles of course.
Appletachi no Dengon, tokyo skyscrapper, burn , and one piece are my faves.
i love rina's drumming in tokyo skyscrapper. and mami's guitaring in burn.
the rest are just so-so in my opinion

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:51 am

trojan01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.kaskus.co.id/member.php?u=1677182
after playing BA many times

I same as with rock_chick ...
I really dont like this album, this genre of music really different with the other Album or single, this not a Rock's music, This not the music of SCANDAL anymore, it like the western music .... I miss song like Shunkan Sentimental, Namida no regret, and the other

for me, Baby Action is bad Album from the other...

=====================

I'm Sorry, This Is Just My Opinion ...I waiting the next single or album with the other genre ..

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:38 am

Ronrinesu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ai-no-storia.com/
I still prefer Temptation box. Instrumentals of most songs in Baby action are somehow too weird. I kinda expected something more. Though I like one piece and Tokyo scysprapper. Rest of the songs remind me too much of their first days and I don't like most of their songs back then.

You are a drop in the rain,
just a number not a name

And you don't see it
You don't believe

Blog ♒ DeviantART ♒ Tumblr ♒ MyAnimeList ♒ Last.fm 

♒ Ask.fm
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:42 am

ZX636

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It took me the second time around to fully thoroughly enjoy the album. The first time I was kinda like "meh" but when I actually sat down and listened closely I was almost shocked at how great and how they have matured through music. I haven't stopped playing it since then.

Anyone else loving the addition of the trumpet in Appletachi no Dengon? Shout

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:49 am

Nikki

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
>Anyone else loving the addition of the trumpet in Appletachi no Dengon?

I liked it too :D
Itreally sounds interesting and freshly

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:03 pm

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
ZX636 wrote:It took me the second time around to fully thoroughly enjoy the album. The first time I was kinda like "meh" but when I actually sat down and listened closely I was almost shocked at how great and how they have matured through music. I haven't stopped playing it since then.

Anyone else loving the addition of the trumpet in Appletachi no Dengon? Shout

The use of horns in this and Tokyo Skyscraper is one of the highlights of the album for me. Huge risk but it worked perfectly.

Back to top Go down