Japanese / Hong Kong versions of CDs / DVDs.
Posted on Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:29 pm

All Of Treasures

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi all,

Besides the Region code of the DVD, are there any differences between the Japanese versions of the CDs / DVDs and the Hong Kong versions? Do either of them have any extras that the other lacks? If I get the Hong Kong version, do I miss out on some Scandal goodness by not getting the Japanese or vice versa?

I've had a look online, and I can't see much difference between them.

Many thanks,

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese / Hong Kong versions of CDs / DVDs.
Posted on Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:27 pm

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
other than "first press" freebies that come with some of the japanese releases, there isn't anything that i have noticed that is different content wise between the japan and international releases. i have Video Action in the japanese bluray and hong kong DVD versions and they feature the same content. i also have Best SCANDAL in both japan and hk versions and content is the same in those albums as well.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:09 am

Aosaru

International Performer
International Performer
Like pacrimguru said, the content is the same. The Hong Kong version sometimes will come with a "bonus." The HK version of Video Action came with an iPhone4 case with SCANDAL's "S" logo on the back....although you have to pay about $5 USD more to get the DVD with the iPhone4 case than just buying the DVD alone... =/ I don't really think it's that great of a bonus but I haven't seen the iPhone4 case for sale by itself.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:33 am

NathanielG

International Performer
International Performer
In terms of limited releases, Japanese are truly limited, you can probably still find limited edition versions of the HK versions long after the Japanese versions are sold out. Some people are really particular about this, but content wise, they are identical.

In raging day, in fearful night,
with strong hearts full, our souls ignite,
when all seems lost in the war of light,
look to the stars for hope burns bright!
Back to top Go down