Scandal Twitter Translations?
Posted on Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:56 am

Haru-chan56

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Am I at the right thread? Sweating

I'm sure that most people already know that the girls from SCANDAL have Twitter right? (Sorry if i am stating the obvious or sounding offensive, it's really not my intention! Shy ) And they update it quite often... But unfortunately, I don't understand Japanese!! WTF! Anyone else facing the same problem as me? Hmmm I was just wondering if anyone here could provide translations for their Twitter post like their blogs?

Sorry if I am asking for too much! Sweating

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Back to top Go down

Re: Scandal Twitter Translations?
Posted on Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:50 am

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Actually,it is a little too much lol.

Some members like MAMI or TOMO,and sometimes RINA go on a spree sometimes and to translate that amount is bordering on insane lol.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:33 am

kylelaluces

International Performer
International Performer
http://kylefranzlaluces.blogspot.com/
I don't know if TweetDeck still has this feature (I haven't used it in a long while now), but it has a "Translate" option. You just right-click on the tweet, click Translate, and then the tweet will appear in the default language you selected in your Preferences.

Or if you're using Google Chrome, it will automatically detect the language that a page is in, and it will ask if you want to have it translated.

Those two would be your best options, IMO. Besides, either application is worth downloading. Saves you the hassle of having to go to another Web page that would do the translating if you didn't have one of the two. Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:41 am

Haru-chan56

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@eugeneang, Ahaha.. Sorry for asking.. Sweating
It is pretty true.. Tomo and Rina are usually on sprees! Especially today! Hmmm

@kylelaluces, thanks for the info! Nice One
But google is sometimes pretty unreliable haha.. Not too accurate you see.. But don't worry, I will try to learn Japanese ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:51 am

skywing-SM

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^you might wanna try Bing translator sometimes. The translation maybe not be 100% correct, but I think it's more understandable than google translate (not saying that Google's translation is bad, I also use it if Bing's translation is not understandable as well lol).

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:44 am

Haru-chan56

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thanks @skywing! Will try that out sometime! Peace Onion

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:53 am

Hyuga

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I can understand some of their tweets some of the time, but when i don't i use Bing translator just like skywing said :D

Previously known as HugoDisasters[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:58 am

kylelaluces

International Performer
International Performer
http://kylefranzlaluces.blogspot.com/
@Haru-chan56
Google's better than nothing, I guess. Haha! :)) Still a good start, though. I mean, not every machine translation can be picture-perfect (as far as Nihonggo is concerned, I guess), but a little bit helps. Oh, and ganbatte on learning Nihonggo! Wish I had the time to do that, too. :)

@Topic
Thought I'd just share this. (Some of you might already be familiar with this.) I use this to translate Miho Fukuhara's blog. Still not a picture-perfect translator, but IMO I find this one to be the most "accurate". It's this, then TweetDeck, then Google. :P

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:56 am

mc~

Administrator
Administrator
http://scandaluniverse.wordpress.com
Well mrmonkey1980 gave the first attempt to translate them in the early days of their twitter. But I guess due to the difficulty in keeping up with the tweets makes this one a really hard task. lol

Anyways closing this now, twitter discussions continue here...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

---------------------------
I am now an inactive admin.
I can still be around from time to time if my help is needed, but for urgent matters you can contact the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

|| [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] || [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ||
Back to top Go down