Posted Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:00 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (6 votes)

SCANDAL recently did an interview with Bridge USA, a Los Angeles-based Japanese info-tainment magazine, about their upcoming LA show and their world tour.

We're our own rivals!! We want to create songs that people worldwide can sing along to!!

SCANDAL, who represents Japanese girl bands in both name and in reality, have announced their world tour 『WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」』. They will be conquering Chicago, Los Angeles, Anaheim, and Mexico. What kind of girls are 「SCANDAL」, the hottest thing in Japan right now?

・I've heard that SCANDAL has deep feelings for LA. Why did you absolutely want to play a live in LA?

HARUNA: Ever since we went to LA on tour during our indie days, it's been a city that we love! Since there are many people here who support us, we've always thought about wanting to go back again.

・I was so happy when I heard that you're finally able to play a live in LA!

MAMI: I'm very happy that we get to play a live in LA again. I'm also truly grateful that we're able to play a one-man live. It'll be our first time back in LA in a while, so I'm really looking forward to it! It'll be the best night ever!

・It's not just LA--you're holding your first ever world tour. Please share with us your enthusiasm about it.

RINA: Since this world tour is the first time we're going around the world, I'm so happy that we're able to go overseas and bringing along our latest album packed with who we are right now! I'd be very happy if people overseas are pleased with it too!

・How will SCANDAL grow and evolve on your world tour?

MAMI: Personally, when this world tour ends, I think the band's atmosphere and motivation could change. I'd like to take in all kinds of influences and utilize it in our production too.

・What kind of band do you feel that 「SCANDAL」 is? Also, what is your biggest selling point?

TOMOMI: We're a band whose members all take charge of main vocals. All 4 of us singing with completely different types of voices is our forte as a band.

・Currently, are the 4 of you 「co-workers」? Or 「friends」? Please share your relationship.

RINA: We can say we're both. For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life than only happens once.

・Currently, what is the 「goal」 that SCANDAL is aiming for?

TOMOMI: If there are people who are interested in us, we want to go play lives in places we haven't yet gone to.

・Who is SCANDAL's biggest rival?

HARUNA: Nothing really comes to mind, but it might be us ourselves. I want us to always stay new and never be satisfied with how we presently are.

・What kind of band would you like to be in the future?

MAMI: We go overseas to play a live without fail every year. We want to continue to cross the ocean to go play lives as always, go to many places we didn't go to on this world tour, and become a band that enlarges their scale even more because there are people interested in us. We'll do our best with it.

・I want to do this! What are SCANDAL's ambitions?

RINA: We want to create songs that people worldwide can sing along to. Since we're a band that goes overseas to play lives every year, keep watching over us from here on too!

Bridge USA Interview 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: Bridge USA Interview
Posted Fri May 01, 2015 1:25 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life than only happens once.
This is so wise.

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
Bridge USA Interview Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum