Go down

Re: 21st Single - 「Stamp!」
Posted Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:34 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
ryoseki kun wrote:Oh, there's no need for those scratchy sounds Sad

They were kind of a thing back in the 1990's for some rock bands. I'm pretty sure that Blink 182 had some songs that used them, for example.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:48 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jeyzombie
I'm used to it, but not for them Happy

The melody is already there, so there's no need for turntables... But the scratchy sound is already there so I can't argue with anything now Happy

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 5 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMfYSiqCkx0BfnkrexrjlO2bRSkAthIuNxCX-rlRiy3-WUKca1

あなたは私があなたの生活の中で必要ないことを私に言っている必要があります...
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:53 pm

dunrite321

dunrite321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I've replayed Stamp! quite a bit and I have a better opinion of it now, but the genre is still not my cup of tea.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:05 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
dunrite321 wrote:I've replayed Stamp! quite a bit and I have a better opinion of it now, but the genre is still not my cup of tea.
same. When I first listened to the preview, I was like "ugh" lol. Truthfully, I'm kinda tired with this kind of sound that I used to hear back then, but that doesn't mean I dislike it, just not enjoying it as much. Well, looking forward to the B-side with new names in the credits.. interesting how it's gonna sound like.

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 5 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:00 pm

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
graftenberg wrote:I'd be concerned if they went in the direction of Scandal in the House but this song doesn't worry me at all. .happy.

As a fan of "fun" type of songs I find that song to be one of the best songs Scandal made, I wish more artists did something like that every now and then. I would really love one such song each new album but that is unlikely.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:06 pm

Ender

Ender

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Definitely has that mid/late-90's rock-pop vibe to it. Weezer with a bit of Wheatus' "Teenage Dirtbag".

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:03 am

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.crazygolucky.com
You thanked this post! -

saldiven wrote:More like 1990's pop-punk, like Avril Lavigne and Green Day. There was a resurgence of this pop-punk from around 1995 to 2000 or so, but none of it was really "punk" like The Clash or The Buzzcocks (though, those were both English). The 1990's stuff was, to me, kind of punk-light.

Though, personally, as I mentioned before, I'd call the sound more like 1990's alternative rock. When I heard the instrumental portion of the song, I immediately thought of Weezer, though I probably couldn't point to a specific Weezer song that Stamp sounds like.
Look I'm really trying, but I listen to Green Day, Weezer, Blink 182 and the like and I'm just not seeing or hearing any similarities to any of that except for the one Weezer song other members have mentioned. Nothing about this screams alternative or pop punk or anything of that nature. This just comes off to me as just regular pop rock that could come from anywhere to me.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:18 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
I don't really care if their new material sounds like Metallica or Los Lobos.「Stamp!」 sounds superb. Looking forward to their new stuff!

Pre-order it quick, guys. SCANDAL now has more fans worldwide thanks to the world tour... hehe.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 5 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:28 pm

HarunaRinaChan

HarunaRinaChan

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yea, i like it better now than the first time i listened to it. I enjoy the intro but not so much the chorus

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:10 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
iamcrazymike wrote:
saldiven wrote:More like 1990's pop-punk, like Avril Lavigne and Green Day. There was a resurgence of this pop-punk from around 1995 to 2000 or so, but none of it was really "punk" like The Clash or The Buzzcocks (though, those were both English). The 1990's stuff was, to me, kind of punk-light.

Though, personally, as I mentioned before, I'd call the sound more like 1990's alternative rock. When I heard the instrumental portion of the song, I immediately thought of Weezer, though I probably couldn't point to a specific Weezer song that Stamp sounds like.
Look I'm really trying, but I listen to Green Day, Weezer, Blink 182 and the like and I'm just not seeing or hearing any similarities to any of that except for the one Weezer song other members have mentioned. Nothing about this screams alternative or pop punk or anything of that nature. This just comes off to me as just regular pop rock that could come from anywhere to me.
Dunno what to tell you. I'm not the only person out there hearing the similarity.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:26 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com

Just to clear up one thing, since other people have called this "DJ scratching", but that's actually a guitar effect. I realize you didn't call actually call it "scratching" but other people did.

To be honest, I didn't even notice it at first. But that's probably because it has the same sound and fills the same role as the "gimme gimme" in "Beverly Hills" Happy So I was probably just mentally expecting it.

Once I started listening for it, now I can't not hear it. It does sound like Mami just figured out how to do something and went nuts with it on the recording. I'm not totally sure what effect that is but it's something I've heard before, and it's definitely a guitar sound.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:27 pm

GibsonPhoenix

GibsonPhoenix

Caless Student
Caless Student
At, first, I was quite surprised. It has a very 'western' charm according rhythm and sound. But, it still sounds like Scandal. Stamp! sounds quite interesting and could be a first hint of their 'new' sound. I look forward to what they will make out of this .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:00 pm

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
spacecadet wrote:

Just to clear up one thing, since other people have called this "DJ scratching", but that's actually a guitar effect. I realize you didn't call actually call it "scratching" but other people did.

To be honest, I didn't even notice it at first. But that's probably because it has the same sound and fills the same role as the "gimme gimme" in "Beverly Hills" Happy  So I was probably just mentally expecting it.

Once I started listening for it, now I can't not hear it. It does sound like Mami just figured out how to do something and went nuts with it on the recording. I'm not totally sure what effect that is but it's something I've heard before, and it's definitely a guitar sound.
Tom Morello does it quite often, basically you have to use the pickup selector as a killswitch while sliding your fingers on the the strings(I'm sure there's a video of it on youtube).
but I'm still not sure if it's what was used, it sounds too clear for me to be a guitar effect.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:38 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Or it might be a guitar sound sampled on a record, and scratched by a DJ.

Endless possibilities when it comes to speculating, innit. ^^

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 5 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:13 pm

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
kudo_maharizu wrote:Or it might be a guitar sound sampled on a record, and scratched by a DJ.

Endless possibilities when it comes to speculating, innit. ^^
That's what I thought, I think it's much easier to record that way instead of doing hundreds of takes with the guitar.

That said, it would be so cool if MAMI will play it live like Tom Morello.

btw, compared to other SCANDAL songs with a "western vibe" I like it quite a lot, it's pretty catchy.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:03 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I've listen to one of the songs, Tom M. used that kind of effect in (RATM "bulls on parade ") and then listened to Stamp again, that most likely be a guitar effect going on there. The first time I've listen to the song I mentioned, I though it was scratching turntable,  now knowing that could be an effect by a guitar , it makes me like the "scratching " a bit more in Stamp (I like it way better than them using synths and autotunes ) . Maybe Mami did use this effect in the song, the only way we could find out is if we see this live, or have a insight of the recording process. Maybe Mami will do some cool  "scratchy " guitar solo in the full version, but I highly doubt it. .tsk.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:12 am

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Seriously if i would imagine the whole song in my mind I can imagine that there is an awesome 20 to 30 second guitar solo from Mami and probably Haruna as well.... If that is the case this song will be epic. And would be more if the lyrics is very meaningful which I already expect

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:23 pm

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I like it! It sounds like a better version of Right here. As a California native, I'm fond of the summer vibe and proud that they were inspired by it.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 5 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:44 am

CamilaOliveira

CamilaOliveira

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://otomelifenew.blogspot.com.br/
O-M-G  LOVE
I loved the beat of the music, it seems to be a lot of fun and joyful, I have high hopes for full single and PV due out pretty cool.  .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:52 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

The full version of "Stamp!" will be aired on radio station J-Wave's Beat Planet on June 16!

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:18 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Full version!? June 16th ?! Holy Snapples that's just in 3more days, can't wait to hear it.  .clap.  Finally, I don't have to keep torturing myself listening to the short vers' (Cuz the songs that enjoyable.)  I can wait 3 days.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:32 am

JJ-Kun

JJ-Kun

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Star~world96®️ wrote:Full version!? June 16th ?! Holy Snapples that's just in 3more days, can't wait to hear it.  .clap.  Finally, I don't have to keep torturing myself listening to the short vers' (Cuz the songs that enjoyable.)  I can wait 3 days.
wait mate  i tought july  22 ? :D oh well i hope june cause i can't wait for another month ill learn the guitar rifts of mami by ears hope it goes well Happy

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 5 STlyVA7
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:59 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

yuuya01 wrote:wait mate  i tought july  22 ?

The single will officially be released on July 22nd. The full length version of "Stamp!" (the song only, not the entire single) will be played on the radio on June 16th.

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 5 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @ 茨城 - 水戸 - 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ 福岡 - 東京 08.21 Sekai Ichi 2024 LUMINOUS @ 名古屋 - 横浜 - 大阪 - 奈良
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:18 am

Artur

Artur

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8v07bqWPB1rseq0mo1_500.gif
And is this radio aviable to be listened online? :D

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 5 CWixsdO
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 13, 2015 2:11 pm

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
I just found on TuneIn radio app "J-wave"....i think this is the right radio. Is the same logo as on their web site
edit: I just checked .... the radio program that is  on the app is the same as that displayed on the web site....so J-wave can be listen o with TuneIn app Happy Nice one

21st Single - 「Stamp!」 - Page 5 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.