You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down

ashkie_mami

ashkie_mami

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.wattpad.com/user/ashkieMai_Chan
Yep I Often Listen To Their Songs Even Though I Can't Understand It Very Often *I Am Aware Of Some Basic Greetings,Some Basic Words That Anime Often Use And Numbers*  But Through The Invention Of Technology That Help Us To Communicate IN Just One Click I Can Read A Lot Of Song Translation That Really Help Me to Internalized What Am I Listening Of Through Online Translator Like Google  ....

Do you listen to SCANDAL, despite not understanding any Japanese? - Page 2 RV9kkiW
                                                    ♫ "Life is a waste when you're all alone 
                                     My smiles and tears shine brighter because I have you" ♫ 
                                                                -Everybody Say Yeah!
Back to top Go down
Pierooo ;D

Pierooo ;D

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
In south america, We listen to maaany musics in english, and I know the most of the brazilians only speak portuguese but still listening to international music. It might be the same thing about japanese music, in this case, the most of the Scandal fans out of japan probably don't speak japanese. I'm studying japanese, buy it's really difficult to understand the all song.

Do you listen to SCANDAL, despite not understanding any Japanese? - Page 2 IgitRGh
Back to top Go down
buadutz

buadutz

Caless Student
Caless Student
hmm.. there are many international songs, even some local song from my country which have poetic language that I can't understanding the lyrics.. so I didn't have a problem with the lyrics even I don't understand what they're singing..  Nice one

to me, listening to japanesse music is just same like I listening to the others

Back to top Go down

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yes, great melodies and great voices are universal, no matter what language it is sung in.

Back to top Go down
bchoun

bchoun

Caless Student
Caless Student
I have 0 understanding of Japanese besides what I've picked up from watching anime lol. 

I love listening to Scandal because its super catchy rhythmically, the instruments, and even the vocal melodies are super catchy. Their song writing/music composition is extremely solid. 

I catch myself humming along or even singing (try to ,at least lol) the chorus' all the time.

Do you listen to SCANDAL, despite not understanding any Japanese? - Page 2 DYF4Qez
Back to top Go down
Oritasu

Oritasu

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I swear I didn't copy you Bchoun, I have the exact same answer x)

Now I usually look for translations on Internet, because it's interesting to know what a song speaks about ... and it's a bit sad if they make efforts to write good lyrics and I don't even try to see their full work

But it's true ! We don't need to understand Japanese to appreciate their music  Nice one

Do you listen to SCANDAL, despite not understanding any Japanese? - Page 2 Lv1Wb6k
Back to top Go down
Ting*Thang

Ting*Thang

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yes, and i still love it!

#SCANDAL#
>M*R*H*T<
Back to top Go down
regemet

regemet

Caless Student
Caless Student
I do not understand Nihonglese but I still enjoy there music. In fact I wish that they would play the First National Arena in Leeds on there next world tour as I cannot access London.

Back to top Go down
tomocchin

tomocchin

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ogawa_tomomi/
I dont understand them mostly but some guys trasnlate lyrics to english(god bless this guys) and I like to read them when listening the song. Later I memorize the lyrics sentence by sentence and when I listen the song I know what they re singing.

Back to top Go down
dampf

dampf

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well i am not so good when it comes to japanese but that doesn't matter for me. I concentrate on music and it's very good. Still, i read translated lyrics and that's how i know what they are singing Wink

Rina Suzuki
Probably the best drummer in the world.
Audrey Hepburn's reincarnation.
Back to top Go down
Aizix

Aizix

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://soundcloud.com/devias1
Of course you are not the only one. I know some people who don't listen to J-music because they don't understand the lyrics but it's not that important to me. I focus on the music and treat vocals as a special kind of instrument and just listen to the melodic line. I like to read lyrics to some of my favourite songs to improve my Japanese reading though.

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Like many of us here my Japanese sucks so I always get the English lyrics for each song, but of course you can like a song without understanding a word of it.

Do you listen to SCANDAL, despite not understanding any Japanese? - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
okiefan

okiefan

Caless Student
Caless Student
ABSOLUTELY!!
The vocal Harmonies they achieve are Unigue and sounds like a choir of Angels!!
That alone transends any language!
The musicality of all the girls is so good that I cannot find the words to describe it!
They are better than all the Rock bands I have heard from the last 50 years!

This is why I also order their music scores of the songs...That I can read and learn from!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.