Posted Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:00 pm

marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/user/hoyhoyhoymarco
@Kudo
if you could send it, please do ^_^

I worked off an A B comparison while mixing, and the instruments sounded very center panned for some reason, idk if it's because my hearing is off, haha. But I did pan them just a bit, I can pan them more if needed.

Yeah, I noticed the level of kFD's riff too after I uploaded it. I'll work out the link Happy also same with the b/v

@Kawaii
Do you know if you can elaborate on the muted parts you're hearing? I'm not sure if I understand it 100%. I'll listen for it though.

Yeah, I did that on purpose for some unknown reason, but it was a mistake, haha. I'll turn it down Tongue

I'll work on the vocal mix a little better. I'll try my best to get the best balance Happy

On a side note: my drum track was actually very frustrating to work with because when I made that cover, Rina-sama's drums covered a lot of my mistakes T_T If I get a chance to get into the drum cage today, I'll re-record it, but if not, I'll just run with the original.

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 5 HO2yovn

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
CHECK OUT MY PERFORMANCE IN FRONT OF SAISAI:
Back to top Go down

Re: Ninth cover : Stamp!
Posted Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:57 am

kawaii93

kawaii93

International Performer
International Performer
^ Are you familiar with a mute pedal on the piano, or a mute for any instrument to make it sound quieter and a little muddled? It might just be on the headphones I was listening on, but it sounds as if someone held the mute pedal of the piano for a few seconds, then lifted it off.

If someone else can confirm if they're hearing this, that would be great.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:30 am

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I only just managed to download the mix and will listen to it tonight and see if I can hear anything regarding this muted sound.  Will try with speakers and my headphones.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:52 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
16-bit AIFF file okay?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jt6ud6f9zj54nzp/STAMPSHrhythmgtrLOSSLESS.aif

kawaii93 wrote:^ Are you familiar with a mute pedal on the piano, or a mute for any instrument to make it sound quieter and a little muddled? It might just be on the headphones I was listening on, but it sounds as if someone held the mute pedal of the piano for a few seconds, then lifted it off.

If someone else can confirm if they're hearing this, that would be great.

I think to help marco here get the best polished sound is for all of us to provide him with the best audio file we have (the .aif file above is like 45MB). I admittedly sent a 6MB .mp3 file initially for this project, on my part. You can only do so much with that in post-production.

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 5 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:33 pm

marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Drum Video

So I decided to rerecord the drum track today and so I could get a decent video because I lost the original files from my other track T_T 

Second Edit

^Revised mix is up. I tried to address the other issues to the best of my ability, but if you still hear anything that needs tweaking, please let me know Tongue

@Kudo AIFF rhythm track is mixed in

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:53 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
marcoatendido wrote:Drum Video

So I decided to rerecord the drum track today and so I could get a decent video because I lost the original files from my other track T_T 

Second Edit

^Revised mix is up. I tried to address the other issues to the best of my ability, but if you still hear anything that needs tweaking, please let me know Tongue

@Kudo AIFF rhythm track is mixed in

Nice drumming! And I'm glad you kept that Bonham triplet thing in the second take.

Firstly, it might be my iTunes or something but the audio on the new mix seems to have the overall levels fluctuating. There's a subtle loud-quiet-loud-quiet thing going on. Anyone else hear it?

The guitars/bass sound clearer now. But...

Did an A-B comparison of the first mix and this one. Please please don't think I'm taking the mick - shanipika's vocals now seems drowned. Despite the comments of kdfzero's guitar levels etc, your first mix had shanipika's level at a nice level above the instruments.

Personally if we have shanipika's level at an optimum level relative to the instruments like it was in the first mix, but with the clarity of the instruments of the current mix - we'll have a winner. Just my opinion.

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:02 am

marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Third Edit

Good catch Kudo. I raised up the vocal levels ^^

Lol, each new file keeps getting bigger Tongue 192 khz is good enough, hehe

About the level fluctuation. I tried listening very hard for it, but I didn't notice anything. I had a couple other people listen for it too, but they didn't hear anything of the sort. I have no idea what it might be.

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:35 am

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I had a listen to the new mix on speakers and headphones and must say, great job!

I noticed some minor volume differences but put it down to the pronunciations of certain syllables but will have another listen for it tonight as something is now stirring at the back of my head.

Before my comments get taken in to account, I have to put it out there that I have very neutral headphones, with minimal boosted frequencies so the following may not be true and are generally being nitpicky.

I noticed the crash cymbal(?), although not played often, is significantly louder than the rest of the drums and drowns out the mix whenever it is played (good drumming btw). 

Also noticed that the bass guitar was a little weak for this particular song, not by much but just a little bit.  I feel the bass was more prominent in the original song, more so than their other songs and really gets the groove going.  Yet again, because my headphones do not boost bass signals, this may not actually be an issue at all.

Agree with the background vocal comment which I believe is already being addressed.

Overall, my comments are very pedantic and this is an excellent job with the mix and I can't wait to see the final product, video and all Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:06 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Since the final mix is in the process, may I request your video parts for the final edit please?

Thanks marco and kFDzero for your vids.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:00 pm

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Now that I'm actually on a computer again, I just noticed that there was a third mix.... my comments previously was for the second mix - sorry.  I will download and try again.. silly me .sweat.

Edit:
Just listened to version (4).
I had some weird settings left over so please ignore my last comments as they affected the balance of the playback.... more silliness on my part - sorry.

Vocals are a bit loud and soft at parts but more to do with the pronunciations I think so not sure if anything can be done about it.  Crash Cymbal (?) just ever so slightly loud but it really is being very very nitpicky. 

This last mix sounds good to me. Well done Nice one

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:50 am

marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@kFD I tried evening out the vocal levels down to the phrases, but I can only do so much without it sounding unnatural and blocky; it comes down to the quality of the recording :/ this isn't a knock on anyone doing the vocals, but it's just the recording itself (peaking and microphone technique). Vocals did a good job though, it's just a difference in recording experience that takes time to get used to Happy

Speaking of recording experience, my drum microphone levels were so off and the audio was filtered through a live drum effect, which gave it too much reverb T_T I'm still learning about recording drum audio, but yeah the cymbals are out of my control. I had a limited amount of time to record the track, and I could only post-mix it on a single track because there was no one in the upstairs soundbooth to record each drum mic audio separately. So I made the best out of what I had. Gomen nasai ;~;

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:02 am

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@marcoatendido don't worry about it.  As I said, I was just being picky and I think everyone did an awesome job and very proud of what was accomplished .wow.  Don't forget, we are all amateurs here, still learning and improving along the way whilst trying to work to a deadline.

I'm also in the process of learning and still trying to resolve a lot of technical issues and swear, I must have become computer illiterate recently lol (a long long story and I will spare everyone the details).

The reverb on the drums give the recording a good "live" feel so I also wouldn't worry about that.

Really looking forward to seeing the final product. Haven't been this excited about playing music in a long long time.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:33 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
List COMPLETED videos to date:
- marcoatendido
- kFDzero
- mine

Here's a sneak peek of mine:

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 5 1FC958AF-3CE5-4AF2-8E2A-182DA8C000DC_zpsap3qahp7

Can I give a gentle reminder to other band members to upload your respective video parts as soon as.

Pretty please. With mochi on top.

I'm sure all of you, and especially other SH members are keen to see the final video! ^^

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:03 pm

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm really sorry I didnt post my vid yet but I wont be home before Sunday so I can't do it before that Sad Really sorry to be delaying this

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 5 Signat10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:09 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Shanipika wrote:I'm really sorry I didnt post my vid yet but I wont be home before Sunday so I can't do it before that Sad Really sorry to be delaying this

Hey, don't worry too much about it. We can only do what we can. As soon as it is feasible for you, dude.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:24 pm

shirokun

shirokun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Raw Video
https://www.mediafire.com/?989e44g807khrkp

I have absolutely no way of editing videos atm so trimming is definitely  needed lol
Okay so the video is 4:46, though it should end at 4:26ish and it starts like half a second before the music comes in. I also wanted to add a filter to make it look better but time constraints :3

I may have missed a note or two in the video but I'm just airing it so no one should notice lmao

DISCLAIMER - The black sheet on my window is temporary, my blinds broke and I haven't been able to replace them ;P

櫻井義郎
시로 (21)
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:22 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
shirokun wrote:Raw Video
https://www.mediafire.com/?989e44g807khrkp

I have absolutely no way of editing videos atm so trimming is definitely  needed lol
Okay so the video is 4:46, though it should end at 4:26ish and it starts like half a second before the music comes in. I also wanted to add a filter to make it look better but time constraints :3

I may have missed a note or two in the video but I'm just airing it so no one should notice lmao

DISCLAIMER - The black sheet on my window is temporary, my blinds broke and I haven't been able to replace them ;P

Thanks, shirokun! I will cut it as such that any *koff* missed notes can be sorted. Like this teaser video I did.

BTW I edited this before you posted your video (not excluding you on purpose, dude)!

All we need now are your videos, Shanipika and kawaii. Happy

Fight!

UPDATE 28.3.16

Love your video, shirokun. And that Yamaha TRBX!!!

BTW, as all other SH cover band videos, the countries the members that take part in the project are described. I note your S Korean flag, but you're from the USA, right?

(6 hours later)

Here ya go - all four instruments are now in ver2.0 of the teaser Grin

UPDATE 29.3.16

Sorry, kawaii93! I thought those were audio files. Didn't mean to leave you out too (now that's two!).

So, Shanipika - just yours now. Ganbatte, ne.

And then I can get to work on it!

UPDATE 31.3.16

TEASER #3!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:22 am

kawaii93

kawaii93

International Performer
International Performer
Awesome! Great job Kudo! I approve! Haha but seriously it looks great. Can't wait to see how it all turns out! Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:17 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
kawaii93 wrote:Awesome! Great job Kudo! I approve! Haha but seriously it looks great. Can't wait to see how it all turns out! Happy

Thanks. I am excited about putting it together as I have an idea (roughly) of how the video will be like. The clue is in the teaser but the final product will be (hopefully) nicer.

All we have to do now is wait for Shanipika's video - and I am all set!

Best night ever

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:36 pm

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Looking good so far... minna ganbatte ne

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:11 am

Shanipika

Shanipika

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Sorry for the delay Sad

Ugh i dont like seeing my face in a video lel (Also sorry for the voice in this vid i didnt do any edit but i was a bit sick recently so emm yeah anyway its only the video that matter right?)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/st0dpw0rp10fral/Video_stamp_vocal.wmv?dl=0

Ninth cover : Stamp! - Page 5 Signat10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:04 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Shanipika wrote:Sorry for the delay Sad

Ugh i dont like seeing my face in a video lel (Also sorry for the voice in this vid i didnt do any edit but i was a bit sick recently so emm yeah anyway its only the video that matter right?)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/st0dpw0rp10fral/Video_stamp_vocal.wmv?dl=0

Yay!  Good work

Hey don't fret it - you look fine, dude.

I'll get cracking on the video edit this weekend. Wish me luck!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:34 pm

marcoatendido

marcoatendido

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
FInal Mix

Sorry for the lateness! But here's the final mix. As I tweaked the mix, I was noticing that the lead vocals kept getting a little more drowned out, but I think it's just because of the male octave in which it was sung, which is totally fine for me.

@Kudo
If you think that the third edit I posted earlier was better balance-wise, you can just use that one; daijobu, haha Thumbs up 

I'm excited for the final video, yeyyyyyy

2016 J-POP IDOL WINNER
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:00 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Just a heads up, guys - since everyone has done their videos.

I am somewhat this busy this weekend and the following week, and may be able to start on the video edit proper the weekend after (16 April onwards). So, just don't hold your breathe yet if you think you're gonna get to see the final product this Sunday.

marco - this will sound weird but I like your audio mix from https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t12269p100-ninth-cover-stamp#736792 - the one I used for the teasers.

But I will take some time tonight to really listen to what you referred to as the Third Edit (also dated 8.3.16) and the final mix from two days ago.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:42 pm

kFDzero

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Really looking forwards to the final product. Almost there .uhuh.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.