Go down

Re: 7th Album - 『YELLOW』
Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:46 pm

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.crazygolucky.com
I'm not really sure I feel about this to be honest  . . .

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:10 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
I just love the covers!
and the songlist. hmm. I'm really excited for Room No.7 and Your Song's english ver. Hoping for an amazing album! .clap.

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 5 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:13 pm

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I wonder if LOVE ME DO is a beatles reference
by the way, I quite like the covers especially the Regular Edition

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:18 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
There is a Flashback No. 5 then there's Room No. 7, what's up with those numbers? haha. I'm not really sure about the new songs but I'm pretty confident that this will be a nice album considering I already liked Morning Sun, SUKI-SUKI and Chiisana Honoo. 

LOVE ME DO, I remember The Beatles'

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:35 pm

neotono

neotono

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Idk about Flashback no. 5 but Room no. 7 as a title could mean the "7th Album's door" since it's the first track.

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 5 9CS8aFq
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:37 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
I hope they will sing "Your Song" in English at their concert in Hong Kong. So we can all sing along with them!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:24 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@neotono
thats a pretty good observation, especially since the dvd track said "YELLOW'S opening movie: Room no.7 "

my question is why did they use yellow text on yellow background on the t shirt edition? i can barely see the title. .deli.

oh and also Bumble bee Mami! .picture. Happy Onion

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 5 Tumblr_o0w6f2zyT11qe6juqo2_400

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:18 pm

hana_no_koi

hana_no_koi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
The irony, my favorite cover is the regular edition and I didn't order that one. Lol

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 5 Standa16
Stay Standard My Friends   .cool.
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:30 pm

abcfsk

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thank god a cover with a clear design and idea. Feel all their previous album covers have been sort of meh, just a random photo shoot photo.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:31 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Mmm, interesting setlist...

2 songs with the word "Love"?

The song that sounds more interesting for me is Konya wa Pizza Party XD, I think Tomomi wrote the song or something, just look the past songs she wrote for the albums, Bitter Chocolate, Orange Juice, Kan Beer and maybe the Pizza song

I can't wait to listen all the tracks!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:57 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I'm very happy to see the sleeve designs of their latest album!

Yellow regular edition as my favorite. It looks so organized and pleasing to the eyes. Tomomi looks funny on the regular edition. She was like wearing a unique combination of some sort of modern Filipiniana-inspired casual wear, baseball cap, and trainers. Purchasing a copy of Yellow will be a great birthday present for myself!

As for the LE/DVD edition, it reminds me of the first two albums of the Spice Girls. Neat but not my favorite. But Rina's pout is simply irresistible. The make-up artist did a great job on making these women even lovelier.

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 5 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:51 pm

iamcrazymike

iamcrazymike

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.crazygolucky.com
Does anyone have any idea what "YELLOW'S opening movie: Room no.7" could actually be?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:06 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Regular edition cover is creatively coherent and, while a little different for them, I can understand it.

The DVD edition cover is a little disappointing, especially since it's probably the one I'll be ordering.

T-shirt edition cover is like the Spinal Tap "Smell the Glove" cover... "the question is, how much more yellow could it be? And the answer is... none. None more yellow."

But... it's just a cover, I mean I can't honestly say I really think of the covers of any of their albums while I'm listening to them. (Though I do still have my favorites.) It's the music that matters.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:22 am

Qberto

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Seeing the track listing has triggered my Pavlovian response. I cannot wait to hear the new album! I like the regular edition cover.
Shout out to Flyingwill: your Scandal appendix was very informative as i was getting into their catalog.
Shout out to Spacecadet: I enjoy your blog, not just the Scandal stuff.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:14 pm

Jay_Waffle

Jay_Waffle

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Loving the covers! 

But now that I've seen them, I'm torn between the T-shirt edition and the DVD edition. Initially I was just planning on ordering the T-shirt edition but I'm having second thoughts after seeing the covers. I really like the DVD edition cover but i really want the T-shirt as well :/ and I'm trying not to spend too much on this so buying both isn't an option right now. Opinions anyone?

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 5 Img_9112

HIMETAN BEAM

SCANDAL
NOGIZAKA46 · SAKURA GAKUIN · BABYMETAL
BiSH · 日向坂46 · 欅坂46
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:30 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Mmmm, track 5 on the new album is called "Sunday Drive", I already have that by Atsuko Maeda, but I dont think it is the same song unless Scandal are doing a Rock version Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY_AVQ4Zn4Y

linernotes - 7th Album - 『YELLOW』 - Page 5 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:12 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Qberto wrote:Shout out to Flyingwill: your Scandal appendix was very informative as i was getting into their catalog.
You're welcome, thanks for the nice words.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 3:19 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
tonymiller wrote:Mmmm, track 5 on the new album is called "Sunday Drive", I already have that by Atsuko Maeda, but I dont think it is the same song unless Scandal are doing a Rock version Happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY_AVQ4Zn4Y
Nah, I dont think so. It would have said "cover" if it was a different version. Alot of Japanese artist have similar to same song titles :v .  
Speaking of 'similar' i cant help but think "Over Drive" with "Sunday Drive" and "Shining Sun" with "Morning Sun" .balloon.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:54 pm

abcfsk

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

After seeing their live with Morning Sun and Chiisana Honoo as the new tracks what strikes me is that their ballad/slow song writing has improved and that these feel like possibly the most solid, weighty slow songs they've done yet. There's beauty in the details and a lack of cheap and obvious melodic turns.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:02 pm

dobondo

dobondo

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://dobondo.tumblr.com
Waa!? I was 3 days out and I find that they released the tracklist and the covers of the albums.
Loved them! Simple, colorful and striking. I'm going for the DVD version even though I like more the regular edition cover.
Can't wait more .toj.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:06 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Eisuke stated in his instagram that Award Winning Mastering Engineer,  Tom Coyne, help engineer songs for the new album.  He is also known for working with artist such as Beyonce,  Adele, Taylor Swift, and Sam Smith.

Pretty cool news,  Scandal has been working with big named Western engineers lately, huh?

Lol I dont listen to any of these artists, let's just see how this goes(´⊙ω⊙`)
And apparently they posted they just finished mastering the album,  and it was described as an energetic one.O(≧▽≦)O

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:37 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Star~world96® wrote:Eisuke stated in his instagram that Award Winning Mastering Engineer,  Tom Coyne, help engineer songs for the new album.  He is also known for working with artist such as Beyonce,  Adele, Taylor Swift, and Sam Smith.

Pretty cool news,  Scandal has been working with big named Western engineers lately, huh?

And apparently they posted they just finished mastering the album,  and it was described as an energetic one.O(≧▽≦)O

I hope Yellow won't be as glossy or polished as a typical pop record. Who knows?

Last edited by MamiNoodles on Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:42 pm

hana_no_koi

hana_no_koi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
MamiNoodles wrote:
Star~world96® wrote:Eisuke stated in his instagram that Award Winning Mastering Engineer,  Tom Coyne, help engineer songs for the new album.  He is also known for working with artist such as Beyonce,  Adele, Taylor Swift, and Sam Smith.

I hope Yellow won't be as glossy or polish as a typical pop record. Who knows?
Only time will tell, I hope the album is like Queens are Trumps or Standard though, because those are my favorite albums. Plus I spent a lot of money buying the DVD and T-Shirt editions. Lol

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:48 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
The only thing mastering can do is to add some excessive loudness that a lot of recent albums (especially in Japan) are plagued by. The "glossy" or "polish" has more to do with production and mixing. He did the mastering of Taylor Swift's Red which sounds absolutely stellar so I'm not too anxious about it.

Anyway that's really cool to hear.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:53 pm

hana_no_koi

hana_no_koi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
flyingwill wrote:The only thing mastering can do is to add some excessive loudness that a lot of recent albums (especially in Japan) are plagued by. The "glossy" or "polish" has more to do with production and mixing. He did the mastering of Taylor Swift's Red which sounds absolutely stellar so I'm not too anxious about it.

Anyway that's really cool to hear.
Thank you for the clarification! I didn't know what it meant, I thought it had to do with how the song sounds as far as making it a rock or pop album. .hail.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 23]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.