Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: MTV 「Storytellers: SCANDAL」
Posted Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:19 pm

tio

tio

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Don Dio, Metal Mickey, madeindar: Thank You for the explanations. .smile. 

@park23: I thought that as well. I saw that in movies and in the tv where the president is protected by bullet proof glass.

I just saw the entire show. The atmosphere is quite different than at their usual live performances. I really like it. They should do that more often.

Last edited by tio on Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:42 am

ELFLOCK

Caless Student
Caless Student
This video is so good,thanks a lot for the subs.
It's funny to watch the fans seemingly having no idea how to sort of behave at a rock show without going totally crazy and wild,with all their usual 'singing' along [actually it's more like shouting...or chanting] and pointing their finger in the air etc Happy
I went to Japan in June to see two shows on their tour and it was great of course,but I wish I could see them at a show where you can actually see and hear them properly like at this gig. At the first show I was at [in a tiny venue with like,200 people] you literally couldn't see the members on stage most of the time...you also could hardly breathe and it was like,about 45 degrees C Happy The second one was much better,at Zepp Nagoya...I was upstairs where you can actually see the band over the heads of the audience down on the floor part. Also I was right in front of the mixing desk,so it was the best place to actually hear it properly.
The other problem though was you couldn't hear the vocals properly...the band was loud,like any rock band, but all the vocals were drowned out by the audience chanting along with every song...except the two slower songs in the middle of the set,in which not one person made the slightest noise,or movement.Happy They all seem to have rehearsed all the crowd reactions etc for each song,to the point where it's like the whole thing is as if it's been choreographed between them all or something Happy
It was like nothing I've ever seen,and I've seen and played at thousands of rock gigs. People here go to rock gigs to listen and watch the band,not to be like a football crowd chanting and pumping their fists in the air the whole night Happy It was an interesting cultural experience at least...and the band were awesome of course Happy
They are all brilliant players and singers,but Rina especially is a just really amazing,tight,intuitive drummer who plays with beautiful feel.
And at the actual gig Haruna's guitar is a lot louder in the mix than on the dvd's etc too...which was great!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I watched the show off their Facebook page without the subs, and I could only pick up a small portion of the stories Haruna told.  I have a long way to go in my Japanese studies to understand these MCs.

The subtitle version was very much appreciated.  I do wish they spoke a little more on the origination of some of the songs, but overall this was a nice show and good setlist for the occassion.  The subtitled version also went to the end of the program and it was nice seeing the girls dancing a bit at the end.  The fan that joined them for "Doll" really seemed like she won the lottery.  Good for her.  The funniest moment was when one of the girls said something like, "the secret is out: Scandal is short."

@ELFLOCK
I have read in a few blogs from international fans that have said the same thing about going to Scandal concerts in Japan.  The entire crowd reacts exactly the same at the same moment.  It has to be weird for an outsider to experience.  The closest I've come to this was at a Ben Folds show last month.  He played solo with just a piano.  There was one song where the entire crowd sang the various musical parts that would have accompanied the song.  I wasn't familiar with the song, which made it even more strange.  I was in the balcony and could see the crowd below me all moving in the same way.  When I finished I turned to my friend and said, "I guess we missed the rehearsal."  This is what I imagine a Scandal show must be like in Japan.  I hope to experience this some day.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:19 pm

gitariskamaran

gitariskamaran

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
When I search about Scandal's live perform and video it makes me wanna play it again and again.....today all of the news about scandal make me cannot sleep (again) .toj.

I don't know what I must supposed to do, saying thanks and smile happily or being sad and cry.... .omg.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:56 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
-Removed-

This popped up on youtube a few days ago and I'm curious. It's from Storytellers but they didn't played it in the recording that we have so where does it come from? O_o

Mod edit: As reilachii said, it's from the DVD Edition of HONEY = official release, which means it cannot be posted on SH.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:00 pm

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
^ HONEY dvd, so that video can’t be posted here as it counts as a official release’s content only.
The broadcasted version of Storytellers wasn’t the full event.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Oh, sorry for posting it.

What extra songs are in the DVD?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:08 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Tuba wrote:What extra songs are in the DVD?

Just "Take Me Out." All of the other songs they performed were shown in the MTV broadcast.

Full set list: https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t13685-scandal-s-11th-anniversary-live-storytellers-scandal#750058

MTV broadcast: https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t13888-mtv-storytellers-scandal#751294

front-page - MTV 「Storytellers: SCANDAL」 - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:35 am

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Oh, so only Take Me Out was Taken Out eh?

Teehee

Back to top Go down

WOW. Just, WOW.
Posted Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:21 am

USAadoresU

USAadoresU

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
"thoseguiltyeyes" , you just continue to outdo yourself! 

I am a total noob, but I swear this site would just not be the same without you!

Seeing that live performance, trying to imagine standing within arm's reach of SCANDAL, .dies. and hearing them put new angles on some of their most beloved music. I defy you to tell me, how could it get any better? I am so jealous of that audience I could spit! .toj.

If I hit the Powerball, the Mega Millions, The Publishers' Clearing House, and was unanimously elected KING OF THE FREAKING WORLD all in the same day, it just could not compare!!

Thank you so much- it's almost like seeing them for the first time again!!! YOU ROCK!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum