You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

USAadoresU

USAadoresU

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Not sure if this is the proper forum, but it seems like the most popular, and therefore gives one the best chance of full exposure to the SCANDAL FAITHFUL in hopes of gaining the correct information. Hiragana, Katakana, and/or Kanji?

I've been working on a few writings (poems and such, maybe even a Haiku or two) to convey my admiration and devotion to our "Queens of Our Hearts".

I've looked around, and would just really appreciate any help I can get to help me show them the utmost respect when trying to tell them how I (and ALL OF US, OF COURSE!) see the world as a better place, thanks to them.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Last edited by USAadoresU on Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : more info)

Back to top Go down
Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

For what it's worth, they use Hiragana at the start of the 2016 Scandal Baby video. I don't read Kanji though so I dunno what that scribble says above it. Band role, maybe?

-Link removed: Please do not post links to videos that can only be found on official releases.-

What characters do the girls use for their names? 2foml0
Back to top Go down
USAadoresU

USAadoresU

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Many thanks! Much appreciated!

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
You thanked this post! -

The Scandal Baby video above is kind of an exception I think. In general they almost always write their names in Roman lettering. I just did a spot check through my collection of CD's, magazines, other videos, their Twitter accounts and even the Internet Wayback Machine looking at their official site (including the old blog) over many years, and I'm only ever seeing their names written Romanized. Except for Mami's twitter account; she writes her name in hiragana in her bio. (It's actually "Mamitaro" there, so I think she's using hiragana specifically because of the ending.) But everywhere else, it's MAMI.

I think for them, doing it in hiragana is almost like stylizing it, since they otherwise always do it in roman lettering. 

The Wikipedia page for the band has a listing of what's probably closer to their "official" names (小野春菜, 笹崎まみ, 小川ともみ, 鈴木理菜), though I don't think I've ever seen them written that way outside of Wikipedia.

Back to top Go down
USAadoresU

USAadoresU

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
That is so cool! I knew I could count on you guys! The GREATEST BAND IN THE WORLD are the only ones deserving of fans like you! Just like our QUEENS, you are THE BEST!! .clap.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Just realized this thread existed, thanks to the recent newsletter that was sent out lol

For future reference, their names in Japanese characters are listed (and have been listed) in the "SCANDAL Members Profile" thread in the SCANDAL Talk Forum~

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t13-scandal-members-profile#17

HARUNA: 小野 春菜 (Ono, Haruna)
MAMI: 笹崎 まみ (Sasazaki, Mami)
TOMOMI: 小川 ともみ (Ogawa, Tomomi)
RINA: 鈴木 理菜 (Suzuki, Rina)

As can be seen with their blogs, they used to go by their names in kanji/hiragana back when they first started out as a band. They started going by their names in capitalized romaji (Roman characters) in early 2008.

Haruna's Ears wrote:I dunno what that scribble says above it. Band role, maybe?

Not quite. Those are the fake roles the members are shown doing in the video. HARU = production department assistant, RINA = photography department assistant, TOMO = lighting department assistant, MAMI = sound operator. They don't do those roles in real life lol

What characters do the girls use for their names? 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks for your knowledge of SCANDAL as always Jade, you must know as much about them as they do Happy

What characters do the girls use for their names? Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
USAadoresU

USAadoresU

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
As always, Jade, "Nothing Compares 2 U". When in doubt, reference "THE AUTHORITY".

Again in your debt, DOMO ARIGATO GOZAIMASU!

Back to top Go down
Haruna's Ears

Haruna's Ears

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeye wrote:
Haruna's Ears wrote:I dunno what that scribble says above it. Band role, maybe?

Not quite. Those are the fake roles the members are shown doing in the video. HARU = production department assistant, RINA = photography department assistant, TOMO = lighting department assistant, MAMI = sound operator. They don't do those roles in real life lol

Ha ha. Cool. Good to know!

What characters do the girls use for their names? 2foml0
Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
For official copyright credits they use their first name in Romanised / English form.
As listed in the JASRAC database.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.