You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
I listened both СD's. Watch a little so far, a couple of songs and the moment where they fixed AMDKJ. Actually, I liked the sound and how they did it. On the one hand, I thought before that it would be better if they did not change anything. But now I'm not sure. Now we have 2 different versions. I think from time to time I will watch, listen the original stream too.

front-page - SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 4 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down
TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I wrote a short DVD/BD release article of KFTD Live on J-Generation with an affiliate link for the benefit of our friends who haven't purchased a copy:
https://j-generation.com/2020/10/scandal-releases-kiss-from-the-darkness-live-stream-blu-ray-november-18/

I hope I can get a copy of the Bluray+2CD Edition by January.

front-page - SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 4 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down
Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
Just interesting. Has anyone bought a Regular Edition without a CD and a photobook? Is the packaging different? Is it same cardboard as LE or plastic case?

front-page - SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 4 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

ELFLOCK

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Well, that might just be the best SCANDAL live Blu-ray/DVD ever I think. The sound is just awesome, I wish the KFTD studio recordings sounded like this.
I get where people are coming from about fixing up mistakes etc, but I personally don't want to spend over $100 to hear mistakes Happy Bands have been doing this for years, it's just normal. I also really like how they add some kind of synth strings or pre-recorded keyboard backing etc to it, some people probably don't like that either but why not make it sound the best it can? They have backing tapes like this at the actual concerts too, it's all good, it just fills out the sound and makes it better. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what they are capable of as musicians.
So anyway, imho that version of Flashback No.5 is just insanely brilliant, best version ever. Also the two Tomomi songs really stand out for me, especially Laundry Laundry [I've never really been a huge fan of those Cajon things, but it sounds really good here]
10/10 from me for this release and I haven't even played the 2 CD's yet Happy

Back to top Go down
Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

After watching it. Before the girls came on it, made think of Pink Floyd when DVD kick off. While the music was great I can see what few you guys were talking about, the camera was just flashing everywhere for the first ten mins, it could came with a heath warning.

The middle part when they sat down, was highlight for me when girls look relax when Tomomi sang Laundry Laundry.

@Meph1766 I got Regular Edition Blu ray, it came in a plastic case.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

Don Dio wrote:Thank you for the translation of the MCs.  By any chance do you have this text in document form to post for download?  I'd like to keep a copy with my BD for whenever I view it years from now I will know what they're saying.

Here you go:

https://bit.ly/kftdmctext

front-page - SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
You thanked this post! -

Just watched mine. I'd previously watched the livestream at the time, though I honestly don't remember how I felt about it other than thinking it was cool that they were doing it and it was better than not seeing them at all. And of course, it was live and I knew it'd be pretty raw. So I don't think I really had any complaints.

I'm probably a little more critical when I spend close to $100 on a disc, though. It's the same show but obviously they've done a lot to it, and they've had time now to make it "perfect", whatever that means to different people.

For me, the disc is very uneven - probably the most uneven live disc they've put out (and I have them all). There are some real highlights that seem a lot better than I remember them on the livestream, and then there are some songs that I feel like are literally unwatchable. I mean I could not make it through the whole song, I had to skip to the next. The quality is very inconsistent, and mostly I think that's due to the production. If there's ever a problem with any Scandal recording, it seems like it's always the production.

I've almost gotten used to their use of pitch correction now, but I just wish they weren't so heavy-handed with it some of the time. I don't mean in the songs where it's used for stylistic effect, I mean in songs where you're not supposed to hear it. "Masterpiece" is an example of a song that I love but couldn't get through on the disc because it sounds like somebody's playing Haruna's voice through a synthesizer. I mean, fine, make it so she doesn't sound quite so sharp or flat on held notes. But there are different settings on these pitch correction plugins! You're supposed to adjust things so it's not so obvious; you don't have to go 100% on all the settings all the time.

A few songs are basically ruined by overlaid graphics. "Take Me Out" is an example of that; you can barely even see what they're doing, and this is one of their highest-energy songs live. I feel like somebody forgot what kind of video they're making; it's a LIVE video, not a promotional music video. We want to see the band performing! Usually these same songs are the ones with the quick cuts other people are talking about, which makes the whole song just feel like a jumbled mess, visually. Not enjoyable.

That said, other songs are great. I love the version of "Spice" on this disc. I know, there's lots of pitch correction there too, but maybe because there's so much processing on the original single, I don't notice it as much. The disc version seems to have less processing overall, since they removed some of the effects they used on the single. And the editors just let the light show itself be the visuals, which is all anybody wants when they watch a concert disc. Same with "Flashback No. 5". They should play that song live more often! And it's shot and edited well on the disc. Maybe a few too many quick cuts, but it's not too bad.

I think that overall they were successful in making this feel like a proper concert, which is an achievement in itself, but somebody just got too ambitious with trying to turn their performance into something more (or just other) than what it was. When I buy a concert disc, I want the experience of having been at that show; that's the whole point. (I also just bought the remaster of Pink Floyd's "Delicate Sound of Thunder" that came out today, and I watched them both the same day... *very* different in the experience they were trying to give viewers!) I don't want a bunch of music videos or overly processed audio. The good songs on this disc are the ones that felt most like really being there, and there are some. I just wish they'd dialed it back a bit on the rest.

Back to top Go down
Zemborato

Zemborato

Caless Student
Caless Student
spacecadet wrote: I don't want a bunch of music videos or overly processed audio. The good songs on this disc are the ones that felt most like really being there, and there are some. I just wish they'd dialed it back a bit on the rest.

An interesting take which I suspect I'll agree with a fair amount. I'll know Monday when mine arrives. But I will say, I ordered it 60% just to support the band, and 40% for a live version of Flashback #5. Happy

Back to top Go down
hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

The DVD has held at #3 for the week on Oricon!
https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/dg/w/2020-11-30/
Blu-ray at #5!
https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/bd/w/2020-11-30/

Note: Since the sales figures may disappear later, they are estimated at 2515 for the DVD, 3422 for the Blu-ray.

Last edited by hogradish on Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:23 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : More info)

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down
Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'm late to the party because mine took its sweet time to get here even though I used to get EMS stuff within a week. But I guess it can't be helped with what's going on in the world. 

I was afraid of heavy use of pitch correction, I still have nightmares from wonderful tonight. But while I notice it here and there it's not terrible in my personal opinion. 
Actually my biggest complaint, is the angle change on the "Haru gun" at the end of Saishuheiki Kimi. I loved the original angle, really cool. Not a fan of the new cut there haha
 And I can't speak for the regular edition, but I'm pretty happy with the packaging on the limited edition.

front-page - SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 4 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down
streame

streame

Caless Student
Caless Student
I really, really loved this release. The performance was very heartwarming with an intimate feeling of wholesomeness. It makes me happy every time I watch it and therefore I don't feel like digging deep into details hehe

Back to top Go down
Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZikyMusic
You thanked this post! -

This April 28 marked one year since I joined SH ! ~
For that "special" day, I'd like to put in form and share a "review" I've made of this release on the SCANDAL Discord server a few months ago :3. This review is in 3 parts, each of them having sub-points. The + and the -, tho the - are points that I "like less" about the release more that points that I dislike haha. The third part is a neutral point, something that I saw as negative at first but realised it was actually totally fine. Enjoy !

The "+"
Spoiler:

The "-"
Spoiler:

"Neutral" point
Spoiler:

Overall mark :
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum: