zappato

zappato

Caless Student
Caless Student
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
zappato wrote:Are your sure 100 % that this Bluray is region free?
Do you know if the other concerts in Bluray are region free as well?

CD Japan says that's it's region free:

front-page - SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 2 UeNv0YQ

Every single one of SCANDAL's Blu-rays in the past have also been region free. I own several and all of them are region free.

If you want, you can check for yourself on CDJ to see that every SCANDAL Blu-ray is region free:

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/person/92580?term.cat_id=UA-01&page=1&term.media_format=bluray

Thanks, I will buy the others then.
I was afraid that it wasn´t work on my Bluray player.

The Sherwood Shinobi wrote:For @Zappato.

For DVDs:- USA is region 1, Japan & Europe are region2.
Thanks  front-page - SCANDAL LIVE Blu-ray&DVD『SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream』 - Page 2 1f609

Back to top Go down
Electric Mami

Electric Mami

Caless Student
Caless Student
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJbn0-S0451TiOIhsU9ISDQ
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
Andy666 wrote:I going to hold on to see if JPU Records get it in.

They've never released any of SCANDAL's live DVDs in the past--they've actually never released any artists' live DVDs before --so it's very unlikely they'll release this one.
Correct. Only documentaries releases eventually had a translated release on JPU Records, but even a Gig + Documentary release never had its translation in it on JPU Records sadly. I can contact them to see if they're planning on making subtitles for concert releases too, but also how they proceed when they add something in their catalogue, the costs of making translated stuff etc. That would be interesting to know !

Back to top Go down
HaRiToMa

HaRiToMa

Caless Student
Caless Student
The Sherwood Shinobi wrote:For @Zappato.

For DVDs:- USA is region 1, Japan & Europe are region2.
Cool, I can order (get) the Japanese then and be able to play it.

Edit: which I did 5 minutes later (the ordering, the playing has to wait).

atashi wa atashi anata wa anata
Back to top Go down

Keashaa

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Already ordered the BluRay, the best way to support the band during these days. But more, I can't afford, must save the money for a Japan trip with my little boy Wink

Regarding the region lock topic: to be honest I haven't seen a single BluRay being region locked. Publisher have recognized that the concept of region locking is a bad concept.

Even the old PAL vs. NTSC topic is no longer existing thanks to modern video standards.

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Keashaa wrote:Already ordered the BluRay, the best way to support the band during these days. But more, I can't afford, must save the money for a Japan trip with my little boy Wink

Regarding the region lock topic: to be honest I haven't seen a single BluRay being region locked. Publisher have recognized that the concept of region locking is a bad concept.

Even the old PAL vs. NTSC topic is no longer existing thanks to modern video standards.

Music videos are rare to be region locked now a days, there used to be more region locked content as the Asian releases were significantly cheaper, but most of the labels have given up on Asian releases any how.

Scandal hasn't had any Asian releases for a long time, last were Hong Kong and South Korean version of album CDs.

(For movies its rare not to have global distribution now, one easy way to do regional version, i.e. release an foreign language disc without local subtitles)

There exists BBC blu-rays that are 25fps which are non NTSC blu-ray compliant, they won't give it up just yet, especially for legacy/back catalogue media.

Fingers crossed Scandal does the blu-ray mastering properly at its 30fps and you guys will know what I meant when I said the encoding was messed up on the overseas stream.

Back to top Go down
Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Only Freedom Fighters in the set list worth my money spent on the Blu Ray.
Actually there was a KFTDCD+documentary DVD edition released by Taiwan's Welcome Music.
That cost less than half of the Japaneses original. I found it after I already got the Japanese edition.
It didn't seem they will release their edition of the Livestream on disc.

Back to top Go down
wildthing

wildthing

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Metal Mickey wrote:Only Freedom Fighters in the set list worth my money spent on the Blu Ray.
Actually there was a KFTDCD+documentary DVD edition released by Taiwan's Welcome Music.
That cost less than half of the Japaneses original. I found it after I already got the Japanese edition.
It didn't seem they will release their edition of the Livestream on disc.

oh wow yeah I found a Yes Asia listing, interesting news.

https://www.yesasia.com/global/kiss-from-the-darkness-type-a-album-dvd-first-press-limited-edition/1088984380-0-0-0-en/info.html

Barcode : 4712914771551
Product number : WMJP0181
Label : 洧誠国際有限公司 Welcome Music.

Back to top Go down
kakotov

kakotov

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/kakotov/
I already made the order in CDJapan, I hope they were able to correct all the camera errors that occurred in the live broadcast

I am glad that this time they include a CD with the high quality audio.

Almond Crush Team  Love
@kakotov
Back to top Go down