Electric Mami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/c/ZikyMusic
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

Hi everyone!

There is a website called The Range Planet that indexes the vocal range of lots of singers, of which the threads are made by music enthusiasts. We "notewatch" musical content in order to put together the notes and overall vocal range of a singer. And it turns out that no one ever made nor claimed to make threads for the SCANDAL members. Claiming a thread means engaging yourself to work on it; it is not an obligation, but it helps others knowing if someone is working on a singer's vocal range or not. There is a thread on TRP dedicated for that function with a sheet indexing who "owns" what thread, in which category that thread is, who claimed future threads, and which threads were given up before being completed and posted, or due to inactivity. It is a dynamic community of which I'm glad to be part of.

Now, not to brag, but I happen to have perfect pitch (being able to tell the pitch of a note by ear, without the help of a reference like a piano) and to be a huge SCANDAL fan (today marks the 3 years since I discovered them by the way!), so I thought I can be the one doing these vocal range threads for the members… And now it's all done! There are 1754 notes indexed in these threads, but obviously, I came across a lot more than 1754 notes, since some notes occurred multiple times or didn't necessarily fall in the significant low or high notes. Of course the result isn't definitive, since I will keep editing the threads when I'll find more relevant stuff to add, or when SCANDAL releases new music. I notewatched all their studio songs (albums, singles, B-sides, compilations-only songs, other appearances), all their live releases, most tv and web broadcasts of live performances that I was able to find (solo stuff included), and other obscure material (such as this).

If you would like a few explanations on the content of these threads, you can read them in the spoiler below:
Explanations:

I would like to thank sylvia!! (advisor from The Range Planet) for guiding me through my first threads (layout, hesitation on a couple of questionable notes), thoseguiltyeyes for correcting and making my vocal summary texts more flowing, and Vadrith (a SCANDAL fan) for clearing my doubts on who sang a handful of notes! I've started this project in November 2022, so I'm really proud of the result and kind of moved to finally be able to publish it on The Range Planet, and especially, to share it with the SCANDAL fandom!

I hope you'll enjoy going through these vocal range threads!
HARU heart MAMI otsupoyo TOMO peace RINA peace

…And as of the August 25, 2023 updates, the HARUNA thread became too big to fit in one post, meaning that for consistency's sake, I'll have to just link the threads from The Range Planet.

Last edited by Electric Mami on Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:53 pm; edited 48 times in total (Reason for editing : Total number of notes updated)

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL members’ vocal range
Posted Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:50 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

I tip my cap toward you, some of it went over my head. it is quite a interesting read.

Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL members’ vocal range
Posted Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:13 am

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Impressive work, it shows passion for the band.

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  SCANDAL members’ vocal range 2705 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  SCANDAL members’ vocal range 2705 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  SCANDAL members’ vocal range 2705 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  SCANDAL members’ vocal range 2705 
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.