Go down

SH USA Members [Page 23 of 29]

Re: SH USA Members
Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:56 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
tenjounokaze wrote:Hey yall - been in Japan nearly 12 months now. Have to say, I miss California. Just dropping a line. SH USA Members - Page 23 35276

I see you've been keeping up with the Ajikan releases, which is awesome. I also was planning on buying their latest material once I get some cash in Wink

SH USA Members - Page 23 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:44 pm

tenjounokaze

tenjounokaze

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Noodles wrote:
I see you've been keeping up with the Ajikan releases, which is awesome. I also was planning on buying their latest material once I get some cash in SH USA Members - Page 23 97539

Lale, Landmark is awesome - especially All Right pt. 2 and Sore deha, mata ashita (from Naruto, I think it was). I also like "A to Z" - definitely check it out when you get a chance. Did you know they also have an official YouTube channel now??

bigOeyez wrote:
What's shaking on that side of the world? Have you integrated yourself in yanki life and duked it out over turf yet?
Not since all the anti-American protest over the Osprey deployment, the attack by two sailors in Okinawa, and the overall stagnation of Japanese society. It's not exactly easy, but it's not much I can complain about.
bigOeyez wrote:
Minor request please! Can you run by the Honda R&D Labs in Tochigi and pick me up one of these?
Actually, some of my students work for Honda - do you want me to ask them? I don't know what engine that is tho, so I don't know what to tell them.

@Space and Pac,
I'd much rather you bring me Taco Bell or some decent form of Mexican food - I was never much of an In N Out fan, and it's actually not difficult at all to find a decent hamburger here in Japan (and no, I don't mean McD's - altho McD's here is about 50x better than the original American mass-production factories)

独りきりなんて、人生勿体無い
Life's a waste if you're all alone. (SCANDAL, Everybody Say YEAH)
SH USA Members - Page 23 Blog_head2-1
Need help with Japanese? - Be sure to visit my Japanese thread: Class is now in session!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:37 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
tenjounokaze wrote:
Noodles wrote:
I see you've been keeping up with the Ajikan releases, which is awesome. I also was planning on buying their latest material once I get some cash in SH USA Members - Page 23 97539

Lale, Landmark is awesome - especially All Right pt. 2 and Sore deha, mata ashita (from Naruto, I think it was). I also like "A to Z" - definitely check it out when you get a chance. Did you know they also have an official YouTube channel now??

Oh? Do you mean the VEVO channel or is there another one?

I know that AX had a poll going on for who the attendees wanted for next years convention and one of the top 3 was Ajikan, I dont think it will happen but it was good to see them up there :p

SH USA Members - Page 23 Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:27 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
tenjounokaze wrote:Actually, some of my students work for Honda - do you want me to ask them? I don't know what engine that is tho, so I don't know what to tell them.

WoOoOoo!!! Nice!!! Ah, only if a I had a few thousand to spend, then I'd be all for it, but even then it's highly unlikely because that's a single production full bred race motor for the WTCC. I'd crap bowling balls if your students have some development photos and spec/dyno sheets though! Thumbs Onion You'd probably win points from them for knowing of it too! It's the HR412E. The motor was developed in Tochigi and the Civic chassis they put it in was developed in Milan, Italy. It should be all pieced together by now since it was scheduled to run at the Suzuka Circuit this month, so they should be able to show you the final product... hurr...

Can I also request a photo of you in a Sukajan too? Happy

SH USA Members - Page 23 Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:29 pm

tenjounokaze

tenjounokaze

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
bigOeyez wrote:

Can I also request a photo of you in a Sukajan too? SH USA Members - Page 23 628112

A what-now? Why you would want a photo of me in general is a bit creepy - whatever that is just makes it worse. SH USA Members - Page 23 954167

独りきりなんて、人生勿体無い
Life's a waste if you're all alone. (SCANDAL, Everybody Say YEAH)
SH USA Members - Page 23 Blog_head2-1
Need help with Japanese? - Be sure to visit my Japanese thread: Class is now in session!
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:54 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ Tenjou: HA! Not creepy at all, you fit the description just fine:

"Sukajans hail from Yokosuka, which is part of the Greater Tokyo area. The town has been the American’s base for naval activities ever since the Japanese defeat in World War 2. It is thought that Sukajans originated from the stadium or varsity styled jackets that the American soldiers wore.

The jackets are just one of the many interesting creations in the clash of two cultures. At some point, the American soldiers started sewing motifs of dragons, phoenixes and other Japanesey motifs onto their letterman jackets and that was how the Sukajan was born.

Sukajan are now a proudly Kanagawa creation that have caught on well with locals and tourists alike thanks to their Yazuka-ish image. In truth, Japan’s most notorious tend to prefer the elegant and more classy look that a simple suit provides but that doesn’t stop many wannabe youths from sporting a Sukajan."

So: White guy + Sukajan = AMERIKANO-YANKI!!! BWAH HA HA!!!... Yeah, I would know about these things wouldn't I... /smug
SH USA Members - Page 23 Huh

Well with member rates at an all time low for anything gang related over in Japan, the Sukajans pretty much lost their luster for all things "thug". If you happen to run into a guy sporting one, it's more than likely just for fashion purposes... but then you're located between Tochigi / Ibaraki, so I wouldn't trust my statement 100%... heh...

Dude, any plans on visiting back home anytime soon? Freakin it's election time so you might wanna take heed of the time before any major changes happen next year.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:07 pm

ZeroN

ZeroN

Caless Student
Caless Student
is anyone in CA selling any Scandal merchandises from their trip to Japan? SH USA Members - Page 23 628112

SH USA Members - Page 23 IMG_0848-edsm
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:50 am

yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/yoshinator54
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Also, I think I'm going to be going to Japan this upcoming summer to go see my relatives. (I usually go to Japan every 3 years, but I didn't go last year because of the whole tsunami/ earthquake disaster). I will be on the lookout for some SCANDAL stuff.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:41 am

Space_Ranger017

Space_Ranger017

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
@tenjounokaze There is no Taco Bell in Japan! .wtf.

"I love your sushi roll, hotter than wasabi
I race for your love, shake and bake, Ricky bobby"

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:15 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ Zeron: You can snag tour goods from their store or auction sites and all that jazz but I wouldn't bet on anyone selling their personal purchases... HA HA! I was prepared to chop off my hand and frame it up on the wall after high-fiving Haruna but it would have worked against me in the long run... Anything in particular that you're looking for?

@ Yoshi: Reconsider the Summer trip and reschedule it for March? OSAKA HALL!!! It's on like Donkey Kong for some of the US guys but I'm sure it'll be a worldwide event shindig when it rolls around...

@ Space Ranger: Nope, no Taco Bell... Kinda weird though since there's a KFC franchise present there and KFC/Taco Bell has a co-ownership going on here in the states, but no bueno on Tacos in Japan (since the last time I've been there at least)... Might be a US thing because mexican food has an obvious footprint here so introducing it into Japan might be hard...

It'd be a good idea to start a chain in the tourist areas and expand from there though... *cough*idea*cough*

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:21 pm

zimbobbio

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
hey guys, so i figured Canada probably falls into this thread lol but anyways I'm in the Toronto area over the next few weeks, any local SH members down for some kind of meetup?

SH USA Members - Page 23 Tokyos10

On the 4th of July, 2011, I held Tomomi's hands in mine... FIREWORKS!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:58 pm

Space_Ranger017

Space_Ranger017

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Anybody register for AX13 yet?

"I love your sushi roll, hotter than wasabi
I race for your love, shake and bake, Ricky bobby"

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:00 pm

yoshinator54

yoshinator54

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.youtube.com/yoshinator54
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:37 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ Yoshi: Happy New Years dude! No resolution for me this year. Everything is just fine and dandy the way it is.

@ Space Ranger: Nope, not I. The music artists that sign on are a big factor as to where I end up each year. Otherwise it's just a regular fest for me. Since nothing has been revealed yet, I'm still undecided. Hurr...

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:52 am

Space_Ranger017

Space_Ranger017

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@bigOeyez same here I'm waiting to see who's gonna be the artist. I was just wondering if members from here were going because I saw many went to lasts years AX I went last year but I think I was either new here or wasn't a SH member.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:08 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ Space Ranger: Yeah we all went last year to watch Lisa perform and to wrangle up some signatures for a SCANDAL x AX 13 petition... I Think we had too much fun that day... HA HA! The LA hotdogs were totally bomb!

Regardless of the performer, I usually go on Sunday if there's nothing going on that weekend so I'm there 1 out of 4 depending... I'm pretty sure the rest of the SoCal members are going too, but they might be more active on FB or other threads at the time being...

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:53 am

Space_Ranger017

Space_Ranger017

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@bigOeyez lol I think I might have seen CANTA last year! But I'm pretty sure I have bad memory. Most are active on FB then I don't use so I don't know… but the ax passes whet up but I'll probably go all four days again.
And about those LA hotdogs they too good!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:53 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ Space Ranger: I think Wat wore his Canta suit? I could only meet up with everyone for the Lisa concert last year so a lot more could have happened while I was gone the rest of the con.

AM2 is the other con where we usually meet up also because it's free. It's hit or miss and it's a lot smaller than AX, but I hold a lot of sentimental respect towards AM2 because of the SCANDAL event so I'll always be there to support.

During that time, there was a spike in US member activity and it sorta went "kapoot!" after the concert/event was over, so this year I might just work on chatting with some people and bringing them out from the woodworks finally. (Or use muscle tactics... that's pretty much by default anyways.)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:11 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I might go to AX this summer, so I'd definitely be interested in an SH meetup!

SH USA Members - Page 23 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:36 am

propglenn

propglenn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
When there were strong rumors of SCANDAL coming to AX13 I decided to hedge my bets and bought the Premier pass. I wasn't going to get stuck in the back if they were coming. The Premier passes sold out fast so I'm glad I bought mine when I did. Things have cooled down but there's still hope. There are 8 of us that I know of that are going to Osaka as of now. If there is anyone else going please post and let's have a great time in Japan!
https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t7452-sh-at-osaka-jo-hall

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:26 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Of course, if SCANDAL comes I'll go to AX no matter what it takes Tongue

Do you get priority entry to concerts with the premier pass or something? At Fanime I think it was first come, first served, so I thought I would be able to just line up early.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:19 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ Geo: Yeah, you get front of the line access on everything with the Premier Pass. It sold out in less than 2 weeks after going up for sale so it's pretty much hardcore stuff. Considering the size of the con and the cost for PP, I think AX knows better than to shaft their premium members and have the shows and such as "1st come, 1st served".

Most def we'll meet up if you happen to drop by AX bro! We should just rent out a small hall and promote SCANDAL on a Sunday or something... serve a few drinks and have it be a getaway from the con. HA HA! There was an "adult" lounge that served drinks last year and man those prices were bleh...

@ Glenn: Considering what we heard at Rabbit 3D and our petition, I would have bet money at the time that SCANDAL would perform at AX this year. I didn't get a chance to pick up the PP so I'd be assed out if they did come after all... arrgh...

As for Osaka, don't count me out just yet. Even if the concert is a no go, I might be around in the area just for kicks... about a 30% chance by the way I'm seeing things right now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:22 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Ah, I see. I have a friend who got PP and said that I could use it for a concert ticket if there's no artists he's interested in.

As for Osaka, if you're gonna be there, why can't you go? If you missed out on getting tickets, You can still get them through resale websites like ticket.co.jp (and of course, auction websites); here's SCANDAL's page linked for your convenience: http://ticket.co.jp/sys/d/7086.htm. I used a proxy service to buy Best Xmas 4 tickets from there. It was expensive, but so worth it :D

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:32 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ Geo: The lag on artists info is nerve wrecking. I don't have any more personal space for merchandise so I'm solely relying on the artists to attract me this year. (Or rent out a booth for a day and sell all my goodies for a fresh start. HA HA!)

Well Osaka is a whole different story on my end. It'll be super last minute if I end up going to Japan at all because the date of the concert falls right in the middle of a project I need to get done ASAP. So if things look good, I'll just head out for that weekend to enjoy the sights and hang out with the crew for a day or two, minus the concert if it ends up that way. My cousin will already be there visiting some family a week before the concert so I definitely have to dedicate a day into doing that already.

Tickets, I'll worry about that later. SH USA Members - Page 23 97539

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:32 am

Space_Ranger017

Space_Ranger017

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist