Go down

Guitar Buddies [Page 1 of 2]

Guitar Buddies
Posted Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:32 pm

yui_chan15

yui_chan15

Caless Student
Caless Student
I've been playing the guitar for almost a year now and i noticed that i've lost interest in it. But when i was randomly browsing vids in youtube, i found Scandal and after that, i never ever thought of quitting the guitar Nice one
thanks Scandal .toj.

~yui_chan15~
Back to top Go down

Re: Guitar Buddies
Posted Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Outdoorapple

Outdoorapple

Caless Student
Caless Student
OMG! Same exact thing as me! I was inspired to play guitar from the anime K-on! but when it finished I just decided to quit and not even play. But when I saw Scandal a couple months later, I picked up my guitar and started playing for hours. ^_^

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:41 am

moochikin

moochikin

International Performer
International Performer
Hey guys I've been playing for almost 3 years now way before I found Scandal haha
Good to know they've inspired you guys to play again!
Keep practicing and have fun Thumbs Onion

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:39 am

Ray

Ray

Caless Student
Caless Student
Yeah something like this happened to me too Wink I still played Guitar, but after I heard SCANDAL I clean off the dust on my E-Guitar and started to learn Shojo S Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:18 pm

yui_chan15

yui_chan15

Caless Student
Caless Student
.hi.
Hi guys Happy It's nice meeting you.
So.. since we're all guitarists here, what songs do you like most to play? I love S.L magic though my hands hurt after playing. TOJ Onion I don't have an e-guitar so i'm stuck with my acoustic. Plus the strings are really hard. It's not that painful anymore since my hands are used to it. I used to remember the very first time i picked up a guitar. My fingers were so sore i cried a lot. hahahha. anyway that's the past. .uhuh.

I like namida no regret too. Happy
What do you guys like to play?

~yui_chan15~
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:31 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@yui_chan
I started playing way back in the 1960's ( Yes I am that old ! ) and I bought a really cheap guitar where the strings where really far from the neck and it used to make my fingers bleed !

But once you can afford a decent electric guitar you will be amazed how much easier it is, you can press the strings down with your left hand and get notes without even useing your right hand !

I don't play Scandal much as I cannot sing, but I do play old American blues stuff like Elmore James and T-Bone Walker.

So don't give up !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:42 am

moochikin

moochikin

International Performer
International Performer
@yui_chan15
It's better to start on acoustic, so when you switch to electric it will MUCH easier to play! It's good to know you didn't give up playing when your fingers hurt, keep playing and have fun Nice one

As for songs I like to play
I don't know how to play much Scandal songs, but I love playing Scandal Baby and Shunkan Sentimental

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:23 am

DBAG

DBAG

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hello, I would like to start off by saying that I don't belong here because I'm not a guitarist I am actually a drummer .shy. along with other instruments. But I have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar and I hope to begin to learn how to play REAL soon. SCANDAL reignited that spark in me! Nice one Now I just have to save up for a decent guitar. Hopefully you guys can give me pointers, .common. @yui_chan, its nice to know that SCANDAL inspired you that much and got you play the guitar again. Hopefully they kept you from ever dropping the guitar. I Think they have that kind of an effect on people.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:04 pm

BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I bought a guitar 2 years ago, because I was inspired by J-rock bands like L'Arc-En-Ciel, the live-action movie/anime DETROIT METAL CITY, the anime K-ON! among other things. Back then I had alot of time off, so thought that I would get into quick. I bought a GUITAR for DUMMIES book to learn. but then things came up, I returned to work and school, which impedes on my learning time. Till now I haven't been able to learn properly.

Now, after discovering SCANDAL and saw their live @ AM2 2011, I'm so in the mood to learn again.

I want to ask if there are any good self-teaching books and materials to learn guitar.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:20 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
DBAG wrote:Hello, I would like to start off by saying that I don't belong here because I'm not a guitarist I am actually a drummer .shy. along with other instruments. But I have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar and I hope to begin to learn how to play REAL soon. SCANDAL reignited that spark in me! Nice one Now I just have to save up for a decent guitar. Hopefully you guys can give me pointers, .common. @yui_chan, its nice to know that SCANDAL inspired you that much and got you play the guitar again. Hopefully they kept you from ever dropping the guitar. I Think they have that kind of an effect on people.

If you dont have much money, I can recommend you a Fender Squier Bullet Strat (I own this guitar) and I think its pretty good for its price, it wont go any higher than 300$ or something like that, an average amp could go up to 200$ If you want a good one, or if you happen to find one on sale (like i did) for 100$ or around, after that you're pretty much set just need a cable and picks to play. This is from my experience, I dont work at guitar center so, this is all just my experience.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:49 pm

BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
actually, I already got a guitar and amp. A Ibanez RG120L. I'm asking for learning material that is fun and easy to learn.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:53 pm

Outdoorapple

Outdoorapple

Caless Student
Caless Student
@Yui_chan15
Maan there're so many Scandal songs I love playing.
Cute, pride, scandal baby, doll, taiyou to kimi ga egaku story. and a bunch of other songs. ^_^

@Bigdnm0
Learning material for being self-taught could only take you so far. This website could help you a lot if you just started and stuff.
But a real guitar teacher would still top.

I'm self taught and i feel like I hit a wall where I can't get better. -_-

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:00 am

BigDnm01

BigDnm01

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I agree with you, too. Self-learning can only get you so far, so when you really want to continue improving, Professional Help is highly recommended.

Thing is... I don't have that time to go to lessons, nor do I have the extra money for it. But there will be a time where I will want to take guitar lessons in special schools.

Thanks for the links.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:15 am

DBAG

DBAG

Caless Student
Caless Student
If you dont have much money, I can recommend you a Fender Squier Bullet Strat (I own this guitar) and I think its pretty good for its price, it wont go any higher than 300$ or something like that, an average amp could go up to 200$ If you want a good one, or if you happen to find one on sale (like i did) for 100$ or around, after that you're pretty much set just need a cable and picks to play. This is from my experience, I dont work at guitar center so, this is all just my experience
well i think i can go directly for a fender telecaster or a stratocaster im actually willing to spend that much, but thanks for the amp info lale. im halfway there on my guitar budget. Let's just hope no unexpected things require me to drain from it. .please.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:38 am

moochikin

moochikin

International Performer
International Performer
Yo Freddy!

Great to hear that you're picking up guitar. I guessing the fender teles and strats your looking at are the standards? Try looking around at pawn shops and stuff, you can find good deals sometimes! I got my first guitar from a pawn shop.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:21 am

tofu

tofu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I, like Freddy, play drums.

But, my acoustic guitar has been sitting around for a while, so I think I might pick it up again..........

You know, show it some love?

YOU WANT SCANDAL POSTERS? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

RIP Borg (Danijel Jagodic). You will truly be missed 19.08.2011

"Jam is something you put on your sandwich, Jelly is a state of being." 11.08.2011

So, thanks to the creative mind of Pokey the Cute and Fluffy, I am now Tofuroll
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:54 pm

fairytail94

fairytail94

Caless Student
Caless Student
excuse me.. where can I get a picture of the guitar that mami is using? I want the blank one. I want to customize my guitar Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
fairytail94 wrote:excuse me.. where can I get a picture of the guitar that mami is using? I want the blank one. I want to customize my guitar Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:48 am

harofever

harofever

Caless Student
Caless Student
Did someone say SCANDAL COVER BAND?! Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:49 pm

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
BigDnm01 wrote:
I want to ask if there are any good self-teaching books and materials to learn guitar.

Justin Sandercoe is one of the BEST online guitar teachers available and his website is COMPLETELY FREE. Go there and do EVERYTHING the man says. His lessons are clear, easy to follow and should help you improve your playing if you practice.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:09 pm

ShizukaSakura

ShizukaSakura

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://one-thousand-photographs.blogspot.com.au
Been playing for almost two years. Never like to think of ever quitting guitar. It's one of my items that I cannot live without. It's my boyfriend~ ;D

instagram: shizukachuu
one-thousand-photographs.blogspot.com.au
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:29 pm

moochikin

moochikin

International Performer
International Performer
macdyne73 wrote:

Justin Sandercoe is one of the BEST online guitar teachers available and his website is COMPLETELY FREE. Go there and do EVERYTHING the man says. His lessons are clear, easy to follow and should help you improve your playing if you practice.

I would have to agree with macdyne. Justin is an absolutely amazing teacher

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:39 pm

TanyaLilac

TanyaLilac

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://scandalbaby.wordpress.com
My akogi and I have been in an on-again-off-again relationship since ... 2004. It's a Fender Squier, but I've heard from everyone that it's really easy to play, even though I remember how much my fingers hurt when I first started learning ... but I don't think it's been that bad since; my fingers still remember, though ... XD

I've only recently picked up electric guitar (like in May), and it is very different in both technique and the slenderness of the design is almost dreamy. I'm getting used to using a pick again! But thankfully, the cuts on my index finger healed up and the skin is a bit tougher than it used to be. But the trick is moisturising cream! I think if your hands are too dry, your skin pulls tighter so the friction will most likely cut through ... but then I could be wrong...

Read (pre-debut) SCANDAL blog translations at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] on Wordpress or [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Translations on SCANDAL HEAVEN:
GIRLS BE SCANDALOUS Artist Book: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BABY ACTION Magazine Edition:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:57 pm

Ayrus

Ayrus

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://camera-point-of-view.blogspot.com/
My Stratacoustic Fender is my girlfriend... She has a very nice body to cuddle...
Been playing for a year plus...
I play without picks for every song... Never used a pick once before...
My favourite song is ZONE's Secret Base... SCANDAL Version's too... LOVE
I remember playing my guitar everyday till my hands were sore and I had to change my guitar strings very often... .wew.
Now... I play mostly chinese songs and Jap songs... About 3~4 times a week...
I can't really memorise songs chords... But as long as I have the chords I can play the song...
Trying to brush up my Fingerstyle techniques too... It's so freaking hard... .whiteflag.
Never thought of quitting before... Neither in the future... .tsk.

自分の幸せは、自分で決めて~
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:02 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Ayrus
I have a 1950's Fender Telecaster but I am old !
I also have a Hofner Violin bass which I play much better as bass is what I have played the most.
But I am surprised you play without a pick, although I do not use one when playing bass.
We have enough good musicians here to take over the J-Pop market !

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.