Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down

turtle-san

turtle-san

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.facebook.com/chewyee.at.work
I have something to voice out.

Disclaimer first, it's some what a negative feedback but I will do so as neutral as I can be so hopefully it won't be offending.

I think there's generally a segregation of SH members between the seniors and the newbies (like me). I think it's a common practice that you 'chop' place for friends to come but by integrity and respect out fellow SCANDAL fans, we should not over do it.

I think it's a little overboard that the seniors and an unknown group towards the later part of the day start having more and more people joining, diminishing the efforts of people who also made an effort to come early.

E.g, I see two girls coming at late 6pm and yet they were sitting at the mid of the first row. To be honest I was pretty upset by it.

Like I mentioned, I think 'chopping' place is alright but to really diminish people's effort greatly is quite hurting.

We're fellow fans so please do respect us too. I mean, all the etiquettes are not just for show to the management, it's also as a basic respect and courtesy for fellow fans yeah?

Disclaimer 2: I know I sound as I make a sweeping statement but this is not my intention, if your integrity tells you that you've not overdone things, please overlook this.

Back to top Go down

syl000

Caless Student
Caless Student
^ plus one from me bro!

Back to top Go down
Flare

Flare

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
turtle-san wrote:I have something to voice out.

Disclaimer first, it's some what a negative feedback but I will do so as neutral as I can be so hopefully it won't be offending.

I think there's generally a segregation of SH members between the seniors and the newbies (like me). I think it's a common practice that you 'chop' place for friends to come but by integrity and respect out fellow SCANDAL fans, we should not over do it.

I think it's a little overboard that the seniors and an unknown group towards the later part of the day start having more and more people joining, diminishing the efforts of people who also made an effort to come early.

E.g, I see two girls coming at late 6pm and yet they were sitting at the mid of the first row. To be honest I was pretty upset by it.

Like I mentioned, I think 'chopping' place is alright but to really diminish people's effort greatly is quite hurting.

We're fellow fans so please do respect us too. I mean, all the etiquettes are not just for show to the management, it's also as a basic respect and courtesy for fellow fans yeah?

Disclaimer 2: I know I sound as I make a sweeping statement but this is not my intention, if your integrity tells you that you've not overdone things, please overlook this.

Arrrgggg... We NEED numbered seats!!!!

Back to top Go down

evaline

Caless Student
Caless Student
bump~

Back to top Go down
ultimaxslc

ultimaxslc

Caless Student
Caless Student
turtle-san wrote:

You just didnt see 2 people leaving the queue. The number of people in front actually didnt change

For those who are going for SCANDAL SG concert 16/17 September especially if this is your first concert. - Page 2 74300_456510396793_746616793_5645341_7300000_n
Back to top Go down
turtle-san

turtle-san

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
ultimaxslc wrote:
turtle-san wrote:

You just didnt see 2 people leaving the queue. The number of people in front actually didnt change

I'm sorry but I was there from 10 45am and I'm pretty positive the group of people in front of us grew substantially. Also, I'd have noticed the two girls as they were pretty cute (please take this as a compliment LOL)

Back to top Go down
ultimaxslc

ultimaxslc

Caless Student
Caless Student
turtle-san wrote:
ultimaxslc wrote:
turtle-san wrote:

I'm sorry but I was there from 10 45am and I'm pretty positive the group of people in front of us grew substantially. Also, I'd have noticed the two girls as they were pretty cute (please take this as a compliment LOL)

Well, to me, the group which grew too much is actually SH. From what I noticed, 2 people left the queue when the 2 girls came. So I guess they were helping the girls to queue. I suppose there's nothing wrong with it since the amount of people didn't change. From what my friend told me, someone from SH actually tried to cut in just behind the 3 Japanese who came straight from the airport.

For those who are going for SCANDAL SG concert 16/17 September especially if this is your first concert. - Page 2 74300_456510396793_746616793_5645341_7300000_n
Back to top Go down

ongty

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
turtle-san wrote:
I think there's generally a segregation of SH members between the seniors and the newbies (like me).

I actually would encourage new members to walk up to them and introduce yourselves to the 'seniors' instead of claiming there's a segregation. Just come up to us and go "hey, my name is ___ and my username on SH is ___". You're all welcome to sit and queue with us and chat too.

I personally made friends with quite a few new members in the last two days alone. And I bet those new members enjoyed themselves. We spent the entire time chatting while queuing! Although I'm not going for the concert on Saturday, please do try to get along with the other SH members.

Personally, I don't know if people are from SH or not most of the time, until I ask when conversing with them. So if you KNOW we're from SH, please come and let us know about you. You shouldn't wait for us to go up and down the queue looking for new SH members and drag you to the others. Doesn't mean we're 'senior' means we have to be the one to initiate conversation! It's often easier for the 'newbies' to find the 'seniors' as they tend to be more obvious (giant banner, etc). Be proactive!

And honestly, I've been putting ' ' marks on the 'senior' and 'newbie's as I don't believe in such a thing. I personally don't care how long or active people are in SH. We're all SCANDAL supporters and members of this forum, and that is what matters.

Enjoy the Saturday concert, and make some new friends!

Back to top Go down
turtle-san

turtle-san

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
ongty wrote:
turtle-san wrote:
I think there's generally a segregation of SH members between the seniors and the newbies (like me).

I actually would encourage new members to walk up to them and introduce yourselves to the 'seniors' instead of claiming there's a segregation. Just come up to us and go "hey, my name is ___ and my username on SH is ___". You're all welcome to sit and queue with us and chat too.

I personally made friends with quite a few new members in the last two days alone. And I bet those new members enjoyed themselves. We spent the entire time chatting while queuing! Although I'm not going for the concert on Saturday, please do try to get along with the other SH members.

Personally, I don't know if people are from SH or not most of the time, until I ask when conversing with them. So if you KNOW we're from SH, please come and let us know about you. You shouldn't wait for us to go up and down the queue looking for new SH members and drag you to the others. Doesn't mean we're 'senior' means we have to be the one to initiate conversation! It's often easier for the 'newbies' to find the 'seniors' as they tend to be more obvious (giant banner, etc). Be proactive!

And honestly, I've been putting ' ' marks on the 'senior' and 'newbie's as I don't believe in such a thing. I personally don't care how long or active people are in SH. We're all SCANDAL supporters and members of this forum, and that is what matters.

Enjoy the Saturday concert, and make some new friends!

I do agree we could have been more proactive on our part really since the bigger the group, the stronger our cheers and spirits will be. Will definitely work on it but yeah my actual point is about the 'over-chopping' of queue, I hope my post have not dampened anyone's spirit and tomorrow will be an even smoother day yeah!

Back to top Go down
zechzech

zechzech

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i am pretty sure that after the merch sale the ppl at teh front "grew" larger....
Random ppl from dunno where all jus chup in....

Jus b4 e stair 1 whole big pile of CLUSTER(you-already-noe-wad-word)
I noe there are some rightful ppl that is rejoining after the merch sale...
But i also noe there are others tt jus chup in...

And while its kinda gd that SH members can join each others queue its kinda not so nice for other ppl at the back when u "over-chop"

With e nasty outta e way...

Do enjoy urself and n make frens...even though i dunno any of their names...i had nice ppl infront n behind mi...talkin makes time pass much faster...

And during e concert keep a look out on eisuke on the left side of stg...he does funny stuff n dances

I tried shouting TOTOMI....but since i am right infront of mami don tink theres a chance to be heard in the blizzard

Back to top Go down

ongty

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
turtle-san wrote:I do agree we could have been more proactive on our part really since the bigger the group, the stronger our cheers and spirits will be. Will definitely work on it but yeah my actual point is about the 'over-chopping' of queue, I hope my post have not dampened anyone's spirit and tomorrow will be an even smoother day yeah!

Yes, it's not a nice thing to do. However, if you'd taken the time to arrive early, and you've got friends who can't make it early due to commitments, what would you do? When he arrives, would you go back to the end of the queue just to be with them, even though you and a few people have been waiting for ages?

This is no excuse for the members, and I am not endorsing this 'over-chopping', however, I believe anyone with friends would do the same thing. If anything, it's due to the competitive culture here. Most people don't even wait for others to get out of the MRT before barging in, as an example. Also, people queuing in advance at supermarkets while their friends/family runs around throwing stuff into a cart and coming back to them.

Just now in queue I was at some point irritated also, due to people pushing and shoving and the people behind not moving back to provide space for the ones in front to sit down after the queue had formed after buying of merchandise. Instead, they sat down, and the people in front sat down, and the people in the middle were all standing up squashed together.

As zechzech also mentioned, people rejoining queues wherever they please also happens.

These queuing issues are not easily solved. It's not just the SH people doing it. To avoid such situations, EVERYBODY in the queue, SH or not, would have to be selfless and courteous to everyone else, and to be honest, I don't see that happening. People are always going to be concerned about their own comfort/enjoyment over those of random strangers. Yes, it's frustrating if you waited ages, but honestly, you'll get used to it sooner or later. I know I have.

Don't dwell on negative stuff like this. I didn't get great seats, but I still enjoyed the concert. Most importantly, make friends, have fun watching the performance, and have a blast of a time. Cos that's what you're there for, ain't it? Wink

p.s. zechzech, it's "Tomomi". =P

Back to top Go down
zechzech

zechzech

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Was hoping to see if she would make any reaction to "totomi" .dance.

As for my above comments..
Of cos its not only SH
& of cos i would chop seat for my frens as well...

But not evy HaToMaRi fan tt comes up to you and lyk
"hi i noe u from forum can i join you..."

And of as i posted on anther thread....shall jus ctrl + C & ctrl V here

DO NOT LEAVE UR SEATS ONCE INSIDE!!!
even if u leave ur bags dere n to chop, the security will ask ppl beside u to move into ur space...
And even if ur fren beside u oso still lyk tt..

Back to top Go down

hihihihihi

Caless Student
Caless Student
I went for the event yesterday, it was a really great concert, however I have to point out some issues. I've known this forum for awhile now but have not decided to create an account till what I had experienced yesterday.

I reached the venue pretty early, no more than 20 people were in front of me. There were some SH members from what I can see, I don't mind them letting some of their friends cutting queue. A few is fine, many people do that. However, I seriously think the problem yesterday shows a very negative image of this fanclub, take this as a complaint, or take this as a feedback to further improve how you guys can help to run events in the future, up to you.

Throughout the time I was there, I saw many people keep cutting the queue, by about 4:30pm. There were about 70 people in front of me, from a mere 10+ from before I reach. People behind me who were also there pretty early were also complaining to me about it.

Now, I am pretty sure most won't mind if only a few cut, but from 10+ to 70+? Yes I actually counted. I don't know, there were cases of fanmade fanclubs actually becoming the official fanclub for certain bands but from what I see yesterday, this definitely shows a very very bad image on how the people in this forum run things. Imagine if SCANDAL were to know about this, how would they feel? How do the people at the back who were actually queuing up for hours feel? Of course, many of you wouldn't care because you queue up for like what, 2 hours and were ahead of so many people.

I am sure some of you might not get pleasant reactions from some of the other non-SH members but think of this, do you really expect them to give you respect and courtesy when you just throw their effort back at their face by cutting or letting so many of your friends cut the queue?

To be honest, I am sure that's the reason why people didn't want to move back after the merchandise booth because many of them felt that since most of the people in front of us cut our queue anyway, why don't we just cut their queue?

From what I observed, most non-SH fans were actually pretty organized, 2-3 per row. Yet I see the SH people clearly were in a huge lump when the security had already informed us to keep 2 per row beforehand. Furthermore, for a fanclub event kind of thing, no one from SH was there to organize the mess/queue which was hugely caused by SH members themselves.

How would the management of Lasalle feel? This will give a very negative feedback to the organizers. Worst case scenario Lasalle will be cutting down on hosting concerts or organizers will have a harder time trying to bring bands to come in for concerts.

I've been to other events for other bands, even in overseas, and generally the fanclubs (usually fanmade ones made into official ones) do not "chop" places for just any of their club members, probably just a handful of the more important people in the club. The rest will have to queue from the time they join the queue.

We are all fellow SCANDAL fans, we all want to watch SCANDAL perform, give mutual respect and we will all have a wonderful experience. Thankfully the crowd yesterday was not the extremely rowdy type otherwise I am sure there will be a lot of arguments going on yesterday.

Like I said, you can heck care about this post or you can treat this as a feedback to run your future events in a better way as compared to yesterday. I may sound very rude but to be honest, I am trying very hard not to go to the extent of flaming as I was really disgusted by what I saw yesterday.

Back to top Go down

ongty

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
hihihihi, welcome to the forum.

Your feedback has been noted, I'm not much of a leader myself but I'll try to help organize the people in future events if necessary.

However, I doubt all that came late were SH members. 50-60 is a very large number.

I also think you mistook what I wrote earlier about the merchandise queue but I don't want to type too much. It's more about spreading out, not cutting queue.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback, enjoy your time on the forums!

Back to top Go down
haruna80

haruna80

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
to be honest i myself arrived at ard 3.30 and was in the q and suddenly ard 5+, i was getting behind and behind...i dun even know the merc q has started as i was still unsure cos two row suddenly being formed and all ppl behind me started to join the other q. no effeort was being made to state the other q was for buying merchandise.
i am getting pissed cos i waste too much time joining the merc after i finally know tat is the merc q.
SO in the end i was thicked-skin and politely ask a fren if i can join their q infront..
yes i admit i am wrong but seeing all those latecomers can be infront of u is so fustrating.
i believe numbered tickets seats will solved all these problems??

Back to top Go down

dominique

Caless Student
Caless Student
SH people conducted themselves very well today.

Talked to a few and finally understood the misdirected anger towards the group now. Because, everybody just seems to think anything to do with SH = cut queue. To be honest, I had the same first impression today (am the guy with the ape shirt) but, really, seeing all you big fans work together to stabilize the queue today and minimize chances of queue cutting is really respectful.

I don't know what your nicks are but do remember your faces. Again, much appreciation for all your hard work and dedication to making it a nice evening for all of us involved. If any of you know who I am, I'd still like to apologise for the instances when I appeared rude. (May get over-callous or defensive at times, but will do my best to learn from my mistakes).

You guys get my 2 thumbs up. Thanks all of you for making my first Scandal live an event to remember Happy

Back to top Go down
turtle-san

turtle-san

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I typed a bunch at early 12 but I think my msg didn't go through.

Shall type briefly orz

In short, thanks a lot to Eugene, Kenneth, Benmage and peeps for your efforts in making the queueing and movement way smoother than Friday. I'm really thankful that we were able to communicate and sort out minor differences!

Deep thanks from me! Nice one

Back to top Go down
chiy102

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
I also want to say it's a good effort today by the SH "higher" management to try to organise the queue. I know yesterday was not the best situation, and it has already happened, so damage has already been done.

I (personally) feel that it was SCANDAL's first official LIVE, so it would also be SGSH's first time handling the event. So there were no prior experience before this. (forget AFA, since the event organiser was there to this job, not SH).

But learning from yesterday's lesson, SGSH managed to do a good job today organising the queue and politely asking everyone, SH or non-SH members, to cooperate. Of course fans were all very friendly and kind enough to take instructions from someone whom they do not know, so everything went smoothly today.

As a member of SH, I also want to apologize if SGSH has made any non-SH members angry from yesterday's event, but trust me, it was NEVER intended to be that way. Given the large number of SGSH members who initially did not know each other, it probably was difficult for the "higher" SGSH to organise things on the first day. But lucky for us, we have a 2nd day of performance for SGSH to improve on this.

So finally, kudos to SGSH for doing all these, and I hope everyone in Singapore, SH or non-SH, will stand together in harmony to show our love for SCANDAL.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.