You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

pacrimguru

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ lol, they're trying hard to sell that CD re-issue.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

ganstream1 wrote:They played SATISFACTION instead of LOVE SURVIVE for Nakano Sun Plaza.
Oh lol. I didn't notice that miniscule difference. And I agree with Jerry haha

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
Hyuga

Hyuga

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I think Satisfaction is a good song and it's good that they are doing it live even though it might be a sale trick. It doesn't matter to me.

Previously known as HugoDisastersSCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 St95ChL
Back to top Go down
GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yeah, I'm always happy to see them perform songs from their discography that they haven't performed before.

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 2_crop10
Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
As some of you might have noticed from the recent photos from the tour, TOMO used a new bass. I've seen some people mistakenly think it's a Schecter or something, but I can definitely confirm from seeing it in person myself that it's a Yamaha BB2024X in Vintage White.

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 Oth12112305030006p2

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 Qx4CJ

And I'll try to post a short live write-up soon-ish, though I'm not sure it'll really be that interesting Tongue

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^^ Was googling the Yamaha BB424X and I found some details about it from an online music store:

Scale Length: 34" (863.6mm)
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Radius: 10" (250mm)
Frets: 21
Body: Alder
Neck : Maple / Nato 5pc
Bridge: Vintage Style
Pickups: Split Single x 1, Barsingle
Pickup Switch: 3-position Toggle
Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone

Source: http://themusicshopwesternsuburbs.com.au/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_23&products_id=1894

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I am glad to see she is using a Japanese bass at last, Yamaha are superb, as good as anything
Fender can make.

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
yuujin_21

yuujin_21

Administrator
Administrator
Dayum Jade,you play the bass?And i never noticed that in Edogawa or Saitama.Well,because i was busy staring at mmts who was right in front of us,but yeah. Tongue

"Bokaru HARUNA desu!"
"Gitaa MAMI desu!"
"Beesu TOMOMI desu!"
"Doraamusu RINA desu!"
Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@EugeneAng

Jade plays bass !!!
I hate perfection, does she do brain operations too ? hehe

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down
TomomiSlapThatBass

TomomiSlapThatBass

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://tomomi-slap-that-bass.tumblr.com
tonymiller wrote:I am glad to see she is using a Japanese bass at last, Yamaha are superb, as good as anything
Fender can make.

She has an Ibanez, an ESP and some Japanese made Fenders, so she isn't a stranger to Japanese bass guitars but yes it is great to see her use a Yamaha! I think they are great instruments, though I would choose a Fender over Yamaha any day. It would be nice to see her play another Ibanez.....

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

haha I don't play the bass, guys Tongue

So I might as well post my write-up of the QAT Nagoya shows.

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 Dsc09770m

From L to R: Zech/zechzech, Sam/320x200, Erich/wat, myself, Jerry/pacrimguru
4 of us from the US and one from Singapore came out to go to a few of the QAT shows + the Happy Music LIVE. All of us went to the Nagoya shows; Sam and Zech went to Kanazawa; and Erich, Jerry, and I went to Happy Music.

-As most of you have seen, their set is pretty cool. There's a Harry Potter-type of look about it with a huge clock being the centerpiece of the set. It's made to look like it's built of bricks, has two floors with the clock tower on the right side, has circular street lights adorning it, and has LED panels around the edges of the set. There are also 2 chandeliers that come down for a song or two ("Queens are trumps" being one of them), which are replaced by "floating" lights that look like the circular bulbs on the street lights.

-The hands of the clock actually work; the "time" that it's on before the show starts is 11:55. Once the show starts up the hands turn to 12:00. I'm sure it has to do with a line of lyrics to their opening song "Rock'n Roll" ("The magic won't be broken when the clock strikes 12"). During "Kill the virgin" it goes to 4:44 and stays there until "Space Ranger." The hands then continually revolve throughout the entire song, stopping again at the end at 12:00.

-I don't really know how to describe it any other way, but the music they played in the venue before the show started was pretty Harry Potter-like too haha. Also, when the lights dimmed right before the show started, the Disney opening music was played.

-As posted before, TOMO uses a new bass: a Yamaha BB2024X in Vintage White.

-And also as posted before, HARU puts down her guitar and just sings on "Queens are trumps." HARU's pretty awesome as just a lead singer SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 Oie_2510

-I don't know why, but "Kill the virgin" was so cool live! As you all know, RINA plays the keyboard and wears white headphones and HARU acts as DJ for the song. I guess that + the lights + the LED panels lighting up just made everything seem awesome haha.

-The other girls left the stage at the end of KTV while HARU was left on stage mixing. She continued for about a minute or two before leaving the stage as well. When she did, TOMO and RINA came back out with Hanshin Tigers (a popular baseball team in the area those 2 are from) happi coats and plastic bats and sang "OSAKA." During the "Hey!" part they picked up Nerf dart guns with HARU's black/green Fender strap attached to TOMO's gun and TOMO's black/white Fender strap attached to RINA's gun and shot autographed darts into the audience. Zech was actually able to get one!

-After "OSAKA" was done, HARU and MAMI came out and talked a little about being back home and such. On the second day, HARU talked about how she went to eat with her mom and MAMI went to a instrument shop with her older brother. They then asked everyone to sit down and they played "Aitai" acoustically.

-Since both HARU and MAMI are from Aichi Prefecture (the prefecture in which Nagoya is located in), the MC was mainly of all of the girls talking about Aichi/Nagoya. The number one thing they talked about: food, of course. They mentioned yakiudon, which I suppose is popular in Nagoya? Though it's a popular Japanese dish in general. Forgot exactly what they talked about on the second day, but they had MAMI sing this well-known song from a commercial in Nagoya haha.

-Just like in the TEMPTATION BOX DVD they let the crowd sing the verse of "SCANDAL BABY" (Hontou wa itsumo anata ni wakatte hoshii to omotteta yo...). It was pretty cool to do that.

-The encore chant on the second day started off kind of strong and then died down right away, so Erich put back on his CANTA head and ran down to the foremost part of our section. It was crazy: immediately everyone started cheering and started the chant back up haha.

-During the encore, right before "Right Here," they did their introductions and talked about stuff like their new tour goods. TOMO also had the crowd saying "いぇいいぇいうぉううぉう!(yay yay whoa whoa!)" constantly.
That's about it! SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 Oie_2510

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:03 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down
320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

Nice writeup!

I'm not sure what I could add.. I remember a couple oddities,

- Rina hits her drums HARD. lol... I play the drums, and from other shows and DVDs I thought she played a little on the light side actually just from seeing her play. For one of the Nagoya shows though because where my seat was and where the speakers were I was hearing the drums from her set not the speakers and she was completely slamming them. So yeah, moral of the story is never step into a boxing ring with Rina...

- Apparently Mami has her effects set up so that her guitar tuner is just always running. Just funny to see her rocking out like crazy and down by her feet her poor tuner is spinning away going "G?? wait wait wait... low E??... F? no, high D???"

- The intro reveal was cool, they flooded the stage with fog thick enough that you couldn't see them come out and then when the show starts it clears quick.

- Mami was really impressive this tour. I don't really have a bias but Mami was really killing it, more so than I've ever seen before and a lot of people were commenting about her performance.

- Rina was really on fire during the Kanazawa live. I can't describe it but at one point I was just blown away by her performance, and ended up just standing there for a couple songs until I was like "Ahh! What am I doing! Not cheering or anything?!" I was just standing there dumbstruck lol

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down
jigoku79

jigoku79

International Performer
International Performer
http://alinea-mind.blogspot.com/
320x200 wrote:
- Rina hits her drums HARD... So yeah, moral of the story is never step into a boxing ring with Rina...
- Apparently Mami has her effects set up so that her guitar tuner is just always running. Just funny to see her rocking out like crazy and down by her feet her poor tuner is spinning away going "G?? wait wait wait... low E??... F? no, high D???"
Mwahahaha!..I really laugh a lot when I read your review, Sam. Hmm, what would happen with Mami tuner when she played guitar solo? SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 464571..Nice and thanks, Sam ! SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 97539..
And also thanks to Jade for the review!.. SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 81283

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 4_zpse36c3efe
http://alinea-mind.blogspot.com/

...経験って苦い
ものでしょう? (SCANDAL- Pride)
失敗しても、当たり前...成功した、男前...
Back to top Go down
Ender

Ender

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Thanks for the review guys! Can we also get some details regarding your run-in with Tomo?

Back to top Go down
syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Thanks for the recount guys!

I love it when Rina starts bashing the drums and flicking her hair everywhere! It really gives off those punk-ish vibes...

^^ I second that! I would love to hear more about Tomo!!!

Back to top Go down
macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I can attest to how hard Rina hits. During last year's show in Singapore, she broke a stick in the middle of BURN. Just to compare, in all the years I've played drums, I've NEVER broken a stick.

And Jade, you should start playing bass. It's cool and it will make you cool. Really. Tongue

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (4 votes)

haha all right, here's the TOMO story. And I don't know about that, Mac Tongue

We were in Shibuya for the FLiP live there that night and we happened to somehow pass by TOMOMI on the streets! Jerry/pacrimguru went up to her and was like, "TOMOMI? SCANDAL TOMOMI?" and pulled out his iPhone which had the Dobondobondo sticker on it, and she was like, "Ehhhh?!" We told her that we came from the US to go to their Nagoya shows, and she said "Ah! Arigatou! Thank you!" Jerry asked if she could sign something and she agreed to, signing his sticker. The rest of us probably should have gotten something signed but I didn't have anything worth signing on me, unfortunately. We also asked if we could take a picture and she just said "No." lol

So we said bye to her after that, and we saw her later again at the FLiP live. We didn't get to talk to her afterwards, but she did wave to us as she was leaving.

Back to top Go down
Ceej!~

Ceej!~

International Performer
International Performer
http://myscandalous-world.tumblr.com
^^^^ wah!! nice bumping experience to Tomomi.. nyahahaha!! too bad she didn't let you guys have a picture.. I wonder why? .shy.

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 Tumblr_nozfepuWf31tc12aio1_540
~ Morning Musume '15 ~
Yukirin Oshi / Sayumin Oshi
Back to top Go down
Ender

Ender

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Thanks for sharing Jade! "No." hahaha! A bit anti-climactic, but still good to know that you guys were actually able to meet her outside of Scandal. Awesome!

I wonder if she recognized you as the girl from all the cosplays they feature and retweet.

Back to top Go down
320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Ender wrote:I wonder if she recognized you as the girl from all the cosplays they feature and retweet.

Afterwards we kept thinking about so many things we should have mentioned to her and that was one I was thinking about. :p Running into her came out of nowhere so we weren't really ready for it haha

Back to top Go down
Ender

Ender

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Haha I hear you man. Randomly running into someone you geek over leads to some serious brainfarts. Heck, even when it's a planned meeting I still get tongue-tied sometimes!

Were you dressed up as Dobondobon-Tomo? I think she'd be able to piece together that you guys must be those crazy SH Americans from that hehe!

Back to top Go down
320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Ender wrote:Were you dressed up as Dobondobon-Tomo? I think she'd be able to piece together that you guys must be those crazy SH Americans from that hehe!

Haha no.... that's crazy enough attention for me just getting to and from the venue wearing that, nevermind walking around Shibuya randomly lol

Back to top Go down
syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You guys are so lucky to be able to bump into Tomo like that! What luck! It would be cool to get something signed personally from Tomo... but she said no to the picture... LOL

Back to top Go down
320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Did she say something about "policy" (about taking a picture) or am I confabulating that memory...?

Back to top Go down
bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
320x200 wrote:Nice writeup!

I'm not sure what I could add.. I remember a couple oddities,

- Rina hits her drums HARD. lol... I play the drums, and from other shows and DVDs I thought she played a little on the light side actually just from seeing her play. For one of the Nagoya shows though because where my seat was and where the speakers were I was hearing the drums from her set not the speakers and she was completely slamming them. So yeah, moral of the story is never step into a boxing ring with Rina...

- The intro reveal was cool, they flooded the stage with fog thick enough that you couldn't see them come out and then when the show starts it clears quick.

- Mami was really impressive this tour. I don't really have a bias but Mami was really killing it, more so than I've ever seen before and a lot of people were commenting about her performance.

- Rina was really on fire during the Kanazawa live. I can't describe it but at one point I was just blown away by her performance, and ended up just standing there for a couple songs until I was like "Ahh! What am I doing! Not cheering or anything?!" I was just standing there dumbstruck lol

How about not equipping Rina with drumsticks in a boxing ring...

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012「Queens are trumps-Kirifuda wa Queen-」 - Page 4 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.