Karate Kid... [Page 1 of 1]

Karate Kid...
Posted Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:45 am

SCANDARK

SCANDARK

International Performer
International Performer
So...which do you guys think is the best??...
The old Karate Kid or The new Karate Kid??
Share opinions from details/characters etc....from each....and also Karate Kid 2&3

In My opinion...

I like the new Karate Kid much better than the first old Karate Kid!....
However, when it come to comparing the Second Karate Kid to the new one....China has no chance against Japan!....I think the Second Karate Kid is the best!...

Back to top Go down

Re: Karate Kid...
Posted Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:52 am

Jirya

Jirya

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I really liked the new Karate Kid as well!
I haven't seen the original one in ages but I think I prefer the new one! I'm loving the China setting and Jackie Chan.
and I don't even think I've seen Karate Kid 2 or 3... .plank.

Back to top Go down

Re: Karate Kid...
Posted Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:40 pm

WaterBottle

WaterBottle

Caless Student
Caless Student
I liked the old one, I like it better than the new one, though the remake is good.

-But I guess age has something to do with, the original tends to go for adolescents and up while the remake tends to go for younger audiences such as 10 and up.

-The original karate kid used karate while the remake used kung-fu (for whatever reasons), so I'm kind of confused why the remake was called The Karate Kid.

-In "love story" angle the remake of karate kid shows innocence of a young love while the original karate kid shows the budding love of teens.

-Pat Morita, God Bless his soul, best suits that "mentor" personality.

But I find it hard to compare these two because they are practicing different disciplines of martial arts, Karate and Kung Fu.

I have to agree with SCANDARK, Karate Kid 2 is very good! (That tea ceremony is just wow! Back it up with the song "Glory of Love" then it's one of the best love story angle ever)

CANTA Thumbs

Back to top Go down