I hope the PS4 can handle that much testosterone Tongue

Back to top Go down

Re: Square Enix
Posted Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:08 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Mmmm, gay *oooops bad word detected* in graphic detail would give it an 18 certificate  Happy

Square Enix - Page 3 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:15 pm

Haikezeh

Haikezeh

Caless Student
Caless Student
Kingdom Hearts of course

Square Enix - Page 3 Ruby_s11
1st Scandal Concert - Barcelona European Yellow Tour 21/09/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:21 am

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Edit: I managed to secure a ticket from someone. Looking forward to what will most likely be the second best day of the year for me. Been waiting 2 years for this.

This Saturday Final Symphony 2 will be playing here in Germany for the first time. It will also play soon in London, Osaka and Yokohama. Masashi Hamauzu will give an introduction which will be free for anyone. It is an orchestra concert with never before heard compilation of Final Fantasy music.

The setlist:

Jonne Valtonen
In a Roundabout Way - Fanfare

Masashi Hamauzu
FINAL FANTASY XIII - Utopia in the Sky
(Prelude to FINAL FANTASY XIII | Vanille's Theme | Nautilus |
Blinded by Light etc.)

Nobuo Uematsu
FINAL FANTASY IX - For the People of Gaia
(Festival of the Hunt | Vivi’s Theme | Mourning the Sky | Silver Dragon etc.)

Nobuo Uematsu
FINAL FANTASY VIII - Mono no aware
(The Oath | Don't be Afraid | The Landing | Waltz for the Moon etc.)

Nobuo Uematsu
FINAL FANTASY V - Library of Ancients
(Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY V | Reina’s Theme |
Spreading Grand Wings | The Evil Lord X-Death etc.)

Next year in May Final Symphony 1 will be played again in Amsterdam. Not sure if I want to drive 3 hours though. Final Symphony 1 features music from FFVI, FFVII and FFX. It will be available on Bluray soon. It will also be sold during Final Symphony 2.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:49 am

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I went to Final Symphony 2 today.

Here is a short rating for the parts, the orchestra was not the best so that also had a play in it:

FFXIII - this part was kind of boring unfortunately, did not really spark any emotions. Remember Final Symphony is not orignal songs but completely new compositions, you can barely hear the original songs out of the music, otherwise I would have been very excited with "Blinded by Light" at least. I hate this game so that does not help either.

FFIX - pretty good, enough familiarity in the songs. this was the second best of the main parts.

FFVIII - this part was disappointing a bit, not as bad as FFXIII but it did not fulfill expectations.

FFV - now this is where the orchestra came really alive, very powerful pieces in this one. This was my favorite part.

The encore was one song I don't know the name of (not an expert in FF music), the Chocobo theme and for last the main final fantasy theme which I have been wishing to hear live for many years, that wish got fulfilled today.

Some funny bits:
-The conductor asked everyone "do you want one more?" before the last song, everyone shouted "Yes!" of course.
-The man playing the Tuba did a "Lisa Simpson" and stood out, everyone else stopped, the conductor and the Tuba player had a "conversation" with hand signs and Tuba noise. 
-The moderator Nino Kerl told us a bit on how he met Nobuo Uematsu. He met him in a Mcdonalds in Cologne. When he saw him again Uematsu told him "you are that Mcdonalds guy!". Another funny thing he learned about Uematsu: Whenever he has a creative blockade when making music he starts baking bread. It is supposed to be inedible but he still makes it. He also makes traditional japanese noodles at home.

I got to see Masashi Hamauzu again (he made music for FFX and FFXIII in case you don't know who he is), sat about 5 meters away from him. The seats behind him were empty so I could have switched but I was there for the show, not to admire his hair Happy. I sat in the isle with no one in front of me so I had an almost unobstructed view of the orchestra which you can see in the first picture below.

Some pictures I took:

Square Enix - Page 3 Y3W1dhc

Square Enix - Page 3 BMbXe69

Square Enix - Page 3 UEIiDpF

Distant worlds will play in October in Germany but its 3 1/2 hours of driving so I probably won't be going to that. Also no Uematsu or Hamauzu there.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:58 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@Scandalsuki

Thanks for the review Happy
As a huge Final Fantasy fan I would have loved to have been there.

Square Enix - Page 3 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:48 am

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You have a chance to see this as well. You might want to look around on ebay, facebook etc. for people selling their tickets to the London show on the 12th of September. Usually the last few days are where people will start selling their tickets when they realize they can't make it, some people will even sell it on the last day and give you the ticket at the venue. This is the official facebook page where you should check multiple times a day if you are interested: https://www.facebook.com/events/902879003066078/
I got my ticket the same way. Most people will charge the original price or a little bit more.

In London Nobuo Uematsu will be there, he will also do a 40 Minute Q&A like Hamauzu did. So if you get to go, think up some good question to ask him and you might be awarded a Final Symphony 1 LP.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.