Posted Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:10 pm

MariIshi

MariIshi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

On yt we can finally watch full version of their song. Erica has different voice than Aimi but it's really nice.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Re: Draft King
Posted Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:57 am

dereko92

dereko92

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://twitter.com/squeeker92
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Here are English Subs!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:25 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Come next month - I'll get to see 'em live! w00t. So cannot wait. Will write a short review after - so watch this space.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

~ CHECK OUT MY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:51 am

alrick13

alrick13

really looking forward on the official release of this song 

also they are now under Sun Music entertainment agency

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:04 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
My account of Draft King's set at the GIRLS ROCK SPLASH 2014 AUTUMN at eggman Shibuya last Sunday as promised!

On arriving, MAO was manning the merch stand. After Michelle Aoi finished her opening set, I approached the merch stand and SHIHO was standing next to Kirin-chan the stuffed giraffe. SHIHO was telling me to get the Just Say u.r.? EP as I was browsing through the merch. I also bought a tee but we didn't chat much apart from they were well happy to hear I came from the UK for a vacation and was willing to spend time to attend the live. I politely requested if I could take a wefie with them but SHIHO (politely as well) declined, but quick to add that she'd sign my CD, after which both of them signed it.

The set was a 5-song set but I couldn't recognise one of the songs (apparently according to the VGD guys, this was a much newer song). They played (I won't go on how fantastic they sounded live - erica sounds better tonight than their old YouTube vids):

誓いの歌 (Chikai no uta)
「Hey My Love」
真夜中メリーゴーランド (Mayonaka merīgōrando/Midnight Merry-go-round)
アブラカタブラ (Abracadabra)
エレクトリック (Electric) *NEW SONG*

DK's punkish set was great. Shouldn't be a surprised with two of them had been ex-Stepo and MAO added to the mix in Stepo's later incarnation. They were kitted up exactly like their recent promo pics (one thing I've learnt from listening to Japanese music is their effort to look exactly as per promo - look at SCANDAL!). From the past raibu YouTube vids, I felt erica needed much work although she was superb that night. Within the short set, the DK members managed to do short solo excerpts during their member introductions. My fav was NOHANA. She rocked well hard with her Jazz bass.

erica was at the merch stand after their set, and I got chatting with her. erica then signed my CD and said she hoped that I'd enjoy the rest of the live and I could come again one day to attend another DK show.

After the entire live finished (OK, the following bit is almost verbatim from my VGD post), I went up to NOHANA and had a chat with her, during which time SHIHO was there too. NOHANA signed my CD and we went on talking about the UK, and told them they must come over one day. I used the term Igirisu (イギリス=UK) and she made the shape of the Eiffel Tower with her two hands and went "PAREE?" She was so funny! At that time I wasn't too sure whether she was confusing UK with France, or she asking me something else. I am sure SHIHO was giving NOHANA a funny look. SHIHO asked when I was going back, and I said next week and apologised that I will miss their first one-man raibu as a signed act.

I have to say the four of them were very nice and had no airs about them. I complimented SHIHO on her superb drumming and she bowed appreciatively. I finally mentioned to them both that I had listened to STEPO before (I was kinda worried about mentioning their past) but NOHANA and SHIHO appeared so grateful. I then told NOHANA "onaka suita" as I was about to leave. She then said "Oh, are you hungry?" (much later I felt I should've asked "Wanna come along?" but who am I kidding HAHAHA) and we said our farewells. It was my best experience ever. I then tweeted them all and congratulated them again.

And two days later, I got this:

I almost died. Lol.

Last edited by maharizm on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Revised DK set list)

~ CHECK OUT MY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:30 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@maharizm

Oh wow, I am really jealous !
I like them too.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:19 am

alrick13

alrick13

@maharizm is that an event exclusive cd or do they sell it in music stores in general?

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:33 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
alrick13 wrote:@maharizm is that an event exclusive cd or do they sell it in music stores in general?

Apparently Tower Records carry it:

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:02 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Draft King's newest PV is out. I have to admit, it's very solid. I think it's by far the best single they've had yet. Erica is really coming into her own as the lead singer. The story line for the PV is actually really easy to understand, despite not speaking much Japanese. I hope DK keeps progressing in this direction, because this song is such an improvement over their first couple of singles that if they keep moving in this direction, they're going to be awesome.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:24 am

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I keep coming back to this new single by DK. I'm really curious about an English translation of the lyrics, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Can anybody give a brother a solid?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:11 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
saldiven wrote:I keep coming back to this new single by DK. I'm really curious about an English translation of the lyrics, but can't seem to find it anywhere.

Can anybody give a brother a solid?

Very Good Days (forum similar to S-H) tend to have up to date info but surprisingly the lyrics/translation to Okurukotoba ain't out yet.

You may want to see if they update this page some time: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:51 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yeah, I'm a lurking member over at VGD and hadn't seen a translation over there yet. It's kind of sad considering how this song is by far the best one that DK has released.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:00 pm

alrick13

alrick13

"Draft King to Play Friday Concert at Otakon 2015! The all-female rock band Draft King has signed on with Otakorp Inc. to be the Friday musical guest at Otakon 2015.

Draft King was formed in January 2013 by former Stereo Pony members NOHANA (bass), and SHIHO (drums), who added MAO (guitar) and then held auditions to find ERICA (voice). They 
released their first self-produced CD, "Hey My Love," in June 2013, a limited release of which sold out the same day. So far, they have written more than 30 original songs, all guitar rock
music, of course. Their music serves as a contrast to the pop-centered focus of girl groups in today's musical world. Their performance at Shibuya Eggman, just eight months after their
formation, was met with great acclaim, as well as their appearance at Shibuya CLUB QUATTRO at Tower Records Limited in March 2014. That concert launched the release of their single, "Just ".The Otakon performance will be their first concert in the United States.

Otakon 2015 will be held July 24-26 at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, MD. Otakon 

2015 is celebrating fairy tales, folk stories, myths, and legends. Keep your eyes out for content, artwork, and guests with connections to our theme."

SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:42 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I was searching around some old Stereopony videos in YT and suddenly stumbled on Draft King and was surprised to find out that Nohana and Shiho are there... and their sound makes me miss AIMI even more. Stereopony was also one of the reasons why I listened to SCANDAL

I think they are going to release a new single on 7/22 entitled "This is me". It's funny because it's also the release of Stamp haha.

Anyway I'm looking forward on hearing them more.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:42 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Draft King apparently released their new video for "This is Me" yesterday. I saw it on Facebook. If I had been thinking about it, I would have posted a link here. It's pretty nice. I think the band is moving in a really good direction. Erika's singing voice has definitely improved from their initial single.

{Yes, her voice isn't as compelling as Aimi's voice was in Stereopony, but this is a new band, so I try to judge it on it's own merits as opposed to doing lead singer comparisons (like who was better, David Lee Roth or Sammy Hagar). Draft King has a different sound as a whole, to me.}

In any case, the video was nice. It has a similar theme to the previous single's video, in that it dealt with someone being unhappy or treated badly, who then found some inspiration and encouragement to find some happiness. I like uplifting, positive stuff like that. Too much negativity in the world; don't need it in my entertainment.

Back to top Go down

erica leaving Draft King in August!
Posted Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:17 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
It is confirmed - erica is leaving DK after their one-man live gig on 7.8.16.

Announcement by erica on the DK blog: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I don't know what to make of this. If you ask me, personally - I never felt erica fitted in vocal-wise with them. Perhaps it's the Stepo that I see in the other three that makes me feel that way.

I've to admit I've not really followed any of their activities of late, so I am not too sure of what the future holds. If anyone has any news, please do tell.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:24 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Draft King has announced via Twitter that they are having auditions for their new lead singer.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:38 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I haven't really heard of Draft King lately. Any news from them?

Also, I have head from not-so-reliable source that their former lead singer Erica has entered the adult film industry. How true is that?

Mods: Please bear with me for asking a not-so-wholesome question on this forum. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:19 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
MamiNoodles wrote:I haven't really heard of Draft King lately. Any news from them?

Also, I have head from not-so-reliable source that their former lead singer Erica has entered the adult film industry. How true is that?

Mods: Please bear with me for asking a not-so-wholesome question on this forum. Thanks!

I think they are still looking for a vocalist.

And, unfortunately, yes. Pity. I have met her in person together with the rest of DK after a gig in Shibuya a few years ago and she's really nice. No idea why she went in that direction after leaving DK. And I think I'll just stop there.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2