You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

Japanese culture in your country
Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:25 am

winchesterkami

winchesterkami

International Performer
International Performer
What is the influence of japanese culture in your countries ? In France, japanese culture came with Dragon Ball in the 90s. But it has accelerated in the early 2000s with the arrival of Naruto. Many manga are published and it starts having drama broadcast on TV. There are several japanese groups have concerts in France.

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese culture in your country
Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:30 am

sillentdx

sillentdx

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Anime in Hungary
The first anime aired in a Hungarian TV channel is maybe "Nils Holgersson csodálatos utazása a vadludakkal" (Nils no Fushigi na Tabi), which started to air January 1988. During this period they air animes like: Csip-csup csodák (Spoon Obaasan), Alfréd, a kacsa (Ahiru no Quack), Maja, a méhecske kalandjai (Mitsubachi Māya no Bōken) and some of the many Willy Fog series.

In 1997 the 2 big commercial channels (RTL Klub and TV2) started to air animes like: Dragon Ball, Varázslatos álmok (Sailor Moon) or Candy Candy on RTL, Mila, a szupersztár (Attack No. 1), Könyvek könyve (Anime Oyako Gekijō), Repülő ház (Time Kyōshitsu: Tondera House no Daibōken) or A pálya ördögei (Moero! Top Striker) on TV2.

In July 1988 the Országos Rádió és Televízió Testület (National Radio and Television Commission) ruled out that the RTL Klub violating the laws with Dragon Ball (RTL aired it during their kids block), so RTL dropped DBZ in April 1999. Because of this scandal lots of people think that animes are just some stupid and violent cartoons. In 2003 Magyar Anime Társaság was founded to promote and dispell the stereotypes around animes.

In 2004 RTL launched A+ (short for Anime+) Hungary's first television channel dedicated to anime. They aired series like: Full Metal Panic!, Yu-Gi-Oh!, InuYasha, Vadmacska kommandó (Tokyo Mew Mew), Cowboy Bebop, Trigun or Yu Yu Hakusho, among others. During the same period Jetix aired (heavily censored versions of) Sámán király (Shaman King), Oban csillagfutama (Ōban Star-Racers) and Naruto.

In 2006 Sony acquisited A+, which became Animax in 2007. So far they aired series like Naruto (uncut and redubbed), Death Note, Bleach, Chrono Crusade, Soul Eater, Nana, Slayers, Dragon Ball GT, Conan and Fullmetal Alchemist (I just stayed up quite late just to "sing" Shunkan Sentimental, kukuku).

Anime and me
I'm not really fond of animes (or any motion picture stuff) but I really love Evangelion.

Manga and Japanese music in Hungary
MangaFan (and their subsidiary Elemental Media & Merchandising) released Bleach, Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist and Kukucska kalandjai (Kyorochan) DVDs, and Chrono Crusade, Death Note, Hellsing, Lovely Complex, Nana, Naruto, Rurōni Kenshin and Vampire Knight mangas.

We have 1 bimonthly magazine dedicated to Japanese culture called "Mondo". Prior Mondo there was AnimeStar (which merged with Mondo), 576 Konzol and 576 KByte (video game magazines with anime/manga columns).

A few Japanese musician have concerts here (Kokia, Dir en grey, Oz, Merzbow, LM.C, Ziz, An Cafe...)

Manga, Japanese music and video games and me
Manga - I've never read any manga...
Japanese music - Not really into it, but I love Scandal, Maximum the Hormone, Shoji Meguro (composer of the recent Megami Tensei games), One Ok Rock and The Blue Hearts

JRPGs - notedly the Megami Tensei series - completely change my gaming life. Prior to Persona 4 (and my turn-based JRPG fandom) my favourite video game genre was FPS, and tactial TPS. Recently I've gotten into visual novels.

Current state of Japanese culture in Hungary: "critically endangered" (Animax started to air non Japanese materials to gather audience, MangaFan is outright idiot and unprofessional... but on the other hand we have dedicated fansubbers)

最高の夜にしようね!!
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:14 pm

Ruisu

Ruisu

Caless Student
Caless Student
I don't really think that japanese culture only came in the 90s to France. In Germany, they tried to avoid manga, anime and such things until the mid 1990s "because of it's bad influence on youth". In France, you could already watch popular things like "Lucile, amour et rock'n'roll", Hokuto no Ken (Ken le Survivant), "Georgie" etc. four-five years before Dragonball came out and popularized it in countries like Germany or Spain, thanks to the "Club Dorothée". The NES came out 1987 in Europe (I'm not sure), and so game series like Streetfighter were already well known before the arrival of Son Gokus' Kamehameha.

To be honest, I don't really think that Naruto made japanese culture really more famous. Yes, Dragonball accelerated the arrival of japanese stuff in France (it's like one of the most japanophil countries in the world today :3), but it's mainly due to the success of Pokémon and Tamagotchi, (and Playstation, Final Fantasy, etc.) in the late 90s. Series like Digimon and Bleach made ist even more successful, Naruto just tried to catch this Japan-hype to spread in Europe - and it worked. Today, Japan has somekind lots of very known here in the french-speaking Europe, but mainly because of it's technology (video games, electronic gadgets and such stuff) and because of manga/anime. J-Pop, japanese food (besides sushi) and traditional culture isn't still very present here nor has it a big influence on our everyday life. But they sell many bonsai trees in Carrefour markets now.^^

But there are a lot of sites, events and other things who try to bring japanese culture the nearest possible. When you visit a website like jeuxvideo.com you can see how present Japan is there. You have lots of events (Japan Expo, Japan Expo Sud and more), and there are even manga cafés opening in Paris now.

(I almost forgot to say that japanese martial arts are very popular here.)

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Medios

Medios

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://luthfiadytra.wordpress.com
Being colonized by Japanese in 1942-1945 ourselves, I think that's the first time ever Japanese culture influenced Indonesia. Although that was a tragic history for both countries, I think even our elderly people now still remember a lot of Japanese old songs, handicraft, and other stuff brought by the colony.

For now, besides the Embassy of Japan as the center of Japanese culture in Indonesia, we also have Japan Foundation. I'm not really sure what they do exactly, but Japan Foundation has hosted a lot of Japanese cultural events since the time I knew them.

In high school, there are a lot of high schools in Indonesia that have Japan Club or such. They mostly study Japanese culture, from the traditional ones to the modern, latest ones. The same goes in universities. My uni, for example, we have a lot of cultural clubs, mostly clubs that study the culture of each of our provinces. That's domestic culture, right? We also have some clubs that study cultures from outside Indonesia. The interesting fact is, those clubs are Student English Forum (who only study English language), Japanese Culture Club, and Genshiken (a club that studies visual kei culture of Japan, or so I thought). Yes, only those three. See what I mean?

So, basically, Japanese culture influences a lot of people in my country. Although not as much as how the western culture does, at least Japanese culture can influence us so much that those who are interested want to form a community for people who likes it.

Edit: Additionally, for people in their 20's like I am, I think the first time we tasted Japanese technology was on SNES, tamagotchi, Sega, or so. The arrival of Doraemon and Dragon Ball in the 90's also has a big influence over us.

As for the years before, I don't think Japanese culture had that much influence over people in here, because of some things: 1) Information technology in that time wasn't so advanced; 2) Young people in that time was still influenced by their parents, who probably hated Japanese because they mostly lived through the Japanese very cruel colonization.

Well, all that was based on only my observation. Feel free to add some more info or correct mine. Nice one

.omg.Japanese culture in your country Scanda13.wtf.
HARUNA x RINA x TOMOMI x MAMI
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:10 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Ask the average person in England what Japan means to them and they will only be able to come
up with cherry blossom and geisha.
My youngest daughter works with Hyper Japan in London which helps to promote Japanese
culture but outside London it is little known.
Things are improving, HMV in England now sell anime and manga but not J-Pop.
'The GazettE', 'Dir en grey' and 'Maximum the Hormone' have been to London but no idols !

Japanese culture in your country Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:26 am

raddom

raddom

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Not too much influence. Dragon Ball, Naruto, Fullmetal Alchemist, and others animes are kind of popular on the local T.V, but at the same time, because of the cultural contrast, that is really big, there area some problems with that: People call them cartoons, not anime, T.V shows shounen anime as Cartoons for kids, I remember that i used to watch Dragon Ball when I was 4, and I had no probles with violence or thigns like that, but, many kids have, and parents argue about it, there are a lot of people that say that anime is bad and "satanic" ( .lol. )

Japanese and salvadoran goberments are very close. Japan Has been helping El Salvador a lot in many things, infraestructure, education and a lot of things.

In the main university here in El Salvador, there are meny apanese students, exchange students, and salvadorans have the chance to get an scholarship and go to Japan to study, but is really har, you have to get really good grades.

At the end I can say that, people here is kind of "afraid" about wath they don't know, cultural contrast, but, for many people, like me, Japan is a great country with a wonderful history and culture.

BTW Being an Otaku here is being weird for most of the people, but, I don't care about it, Otaku until death. .bleh.

Japanese culture in your country 86543010
LOVE
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:49 am

kakotov

kakotov

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/kakotov/
in Chile
  influence has been great, since the early 80s could be seen anime television channels even though I'm younger which gave to tell: P

when I was a child, during the 90s anime practically spent all afternoon in a couple of national signal channels

besides the anime
is the fact earthquakes, Japan and Chile both have a history in common, that has made the television always on display as the Japanese prepare. japan government shares much of the technology for these cases with Chile.

today, we have a TV channel that broadcasts 24 hours and programs realacionados anime, also there are many martial arts schools and Japanese food restaurants abound

in Chile could say that there are a lot of Otakus xD

Almond Crush Team  .love.
@kakotov
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:41 am

Hiei

Hiei

International Performer
International Performer
It would be the Fish Pond- agriculture.
It's one of the good things the Japanese shared our folks back at the time they conquered my country.

In the morning, let the sun give you enough warmth which my love fails to do. And at noon, let the wind carry my felicitations and bring it to you. With louder sounds, bury it more, until only our hearts can hear that song which plays only between the two of us. If possible, make the night darker until our emotions are radiant enough to be seen. 

This clock which ticks differently on the two of us, hasten its pace so that our paths may converge in the future. This clock which fills me with sorrow as it reminds of how impossible it is for me to even see you, hasten its pace so that my sorrows would be drowned. Let me sleep therefore, so that I could prepare for tomorrow, as I did today, in making these thoughts and aspirations materialize. So let me sleep then, so that your presence would give me hints in accomplishing these goals.

QUEENS DON'T REACH THE TOP JUST BY BEING CUTE
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.