SCANDAL WORLD TOUR  "MIRROR" Berlin 2022
Back to top Go down

Re: J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW
Posted Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:44 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Interesting lyric translations. When compared to Google Translate and TGE versions, it seems the loosest. I'm wondering if people think that's a good thing or what. And how 'bout that Tomomi stomping the sampler button thingy? Was that for real do you think? And wow, a pretty happy Mami, how nice. And Haruna did really well, don't you think?

Friendship. Effort. Victory.
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:19 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
Great performance. Better than last Melodiх! They all look and did really well. Tomomi misses their live performing very much, because she is spinning even with a calm song. I can imagine how she will jump when they can finally play their fast rock hits Happy

J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 VOFnWIx
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:34 pm

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Felt Haru was struggling a tad with eternal but Tsuki was great. Overall eternal is an odd song to watch live like a weird atmosphere.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:42 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
hogradish wrote: And how 'bout that Tomomi stomping the sampler button thingy? Was that for real do you think? 

As far as I can tell Tomomi is live looping the keyboard so it records the bars she plays and then loops it over and over again when the button is pressed so she can play her bass.

It's clearly doing something because the light changed colour when she tapped it.

I don't fully understand how loop stations work though so if anyone knows them better maybe they can shed some more light.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:14 pm

Reachie

Reachie

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
hogradish wrote:Interesting lyric translations. When compared to Google Translate and TGE versions, it seems the loosest. I'm wondering if people think that's a good thing or what. And how 'bout that Tomomi stomping the sampler button thingy? Was that for real do you think? And wow, a pretty happy Mami, how nice. And Haruna did really well, don't you think?

Languages are funny like that. I did ask my Japanese friend about the first line in particular.

"I wanted to see A sea of daisies swaying in the wind"  
and "Daisies sway in the breeze, I wanted to see the ocean" are very different. 

I don't really understand it but she said 

"If there is の between ひなぎくの花and海が見たかった, then a sea of daisies is gonna be accurate"

But her English isn't the best either.

J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 TqohPfv
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:17 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

Reachie wrote:Languages are funny like that. I did ask my Japanese friend about the first line in particular...

Yes, what your friend said is correct since の (a particle) indicates a possessive, but remember that these are lyrics and not something like an essay where correct language is needed. Lyrics don't always follow correct language rules, and that's probably true for any language. Japanese especially is a very vague language and a lot of the time you can omit particles because the listener is able to assume what you mean.

For me, I treated the first lines in the first verse as if they're all connected because the first lines of lyrics in the second verse are all connected (which are pretty straightforward in Japanese and are easy to translate--there's really no other correct way they could be translated). I assumed that RINA wanted both of those lines to follow the same language rules and therefore translated the line like I did.

I'll break it down if anyone's interested lol

Spoiler:

Super long, I know lol, but that was my reasoning for translating the line like I did. IMO J-Melo can be very hit-or-miss with their lyric translations and this line is one of their misses Tongue

J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:17 am

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
So...are there thick Japanese who wouldn't get it? That wouldn't be able to fill in the blanks? I never understood Neil Young's lyrics, so I know these things happen, lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:42 am

dubbi

dubbi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 Unbehh10

[center]SCANDAL Hello World Tour Essen 2015
SCANDAL Yellow Europe Tour Cologne 2016
SCANDAL Yellow Europe Tour Hamburg  2016
[/center]
SCANDAL WORLD TOUR  “Kiss from the darkness”   Livestream  2020
SCANDAL『SEASONS』collaborated with NAKED   Livestream  2020 
SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE『INVITATION』 Livestream 2021 
SCANDAL WORLD TOUR  "MIRROR" Berlin 2022
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:02 pm

hogradish

hogradish

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yeah! "One More Time" on J-Mello! Much better than the last visit. Much more smiling, the cute dance step, and especially the great way they played to the camera, like they did in their video. After all, we're each "inside" the camera, and when they do that, it's like they're performing just for us, like it's a two-way video conference or something. Mami. She's just adorable when she mugs for the camera. And just an opinion, but I think the biggest feature of Rina's new drum kit is how it's set up to make her more visible.
I hope this appearance boosts sales!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:18 am

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

SCANDAL's appearance on J-Melo is available for free until December.

J-Melo page:

NHK World onDemand:

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 2705 
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:08 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
hogradish wrote:[...] I think the biggest feature of Rina's new drum kit is how it's set up to make her more visible.
I hope this appearance boosts sales!

That might be true! I always felt sorry for Rina during concerts because she was so well hidden behind her drum kit. At least here, all of them shared the spotlight (more or less) equally.
I hope it as well. If most of fans would buy this single (doesn't matter if physical or digitile version) then it would certainly occupy the chart for many weeks. In my opinion, this song fully deserves it!
Well, Mami's dance alone deserves it!

harurob wrote:SCANDAL's appearance on J-Melo is available for free until December.

Thanks for these links Rob!
I wasn't even aware that they will perform "One More Time" in any program. Did they at least announce it on any one of their social medias?
What a fun appearance! I don't even mind it was performed from the playback. Plus, it's always interesting to hear what our favourite quartet has to say.
Even without watching MV I still fully receive their super-positive message coming from this song!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:21 am

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
MuftaK wrote:Thanks for these links Rob!
I wasn't even aware that they will perform "One More Time" in any program. Did they at least announce it on any one of their social medias?
What a fun appearance! I don't even mind it was performed from the playback. Plus, it's always interesting to hear what our favourite quartet has to say.
Even without watching MV I still fully receive their super-positive message coming from this song!

They announced on Twitter at least. It seems to me that they haven't appeared on many TV shows lately J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 1f615 

I believe Haruna's vocals were live. They replicated the mood of the MV and the choreography was fun.

I loved when Haru went to Rina, the poor drummer is always left out of the party.
RINA yay

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 2705 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 2705 
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:33 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
harurob wrote:They announced on Twitter at least. It seems to me that they haven't appeared on many TV shows lately J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 1f615 

I believe Haruna's vocals were live. They replicated the mood of the MV and the choreography was fun.

I loved when Haru went to Rina, the poor drummer is always left out of the party.
RINA yay
You're right about that announcement- it looks that I took a brake from twitter in the wrong moment :-/

I believe you're right again :-) But it's a very common thing to go with a pre-recorded tracks on tv music shows. I bet you know "Top of the Pops" (for instance Oasis' "Roll with it").

And with this "One More Time" performance, Scandal is constantly changing things I dislike in live appearances. Synchronised moves, auto-tuned voice and music from the playback- normally I would turn it off, but this time- hey, it's Scandal
MAMI yay

Haruna+Rina= the most adorable moment during the show!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:54 am

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
MuftaK wrote:I believe you're right again :-) But it's a very common thing to go with a pre-recorded tracks on tv music shows. I bet you know "Top of the Pops" (for instance Oasis' "Roll with it").

And with this "One More Time" performance, Scandal is constantly changing things I dislike in live appearances. Synchronised moves, auto-tuned voice and music from the playback- normally I would turn it off, but this time- hey, it's Scandal
MAMI yay

Now that you mention it, this Top of the Pops appearance might be the one where Noel pretends to be Liam, Liam pretends to be Noel J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 1f602 

Unfortunately, TV shows tend too much towards playback or pre-recorded stuff.

In the past there was more creativity in productions, giving opportunity for live sound and collaborations. SCANDAL has good examples of this.

I think the synchronized moves are cute, it works for them here and there. This frees their dancing side.
RINA muah

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:00 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
harurob wrote:Now that you mention it, this Top of the Pops appearance might be the one where Noel pretends to be Liam, Liam pretends to be Noel J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 1f602 

I think the synchronized moves are cute, it works for them here and there. This frees their dancing side.
RINA muah
It's exactly the same performance, with an epic Noel's... I mean Liam's solo ;-)

Ha! This is why I joined this forum! I genuinely like to read all opinions here. Even completely different, like yours :-) Because for me, synchronised moves are, and always will be cheesy. Unless, there is a group of a headbanging guys (including drummer) during a song.
HARU rock 

Back to the main topic- I wonder if they will appear once more on tv, performing this song? Maybe during some new year/christmas special program? I would love to see it, even if it involves dance Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:55 am

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
MuftaK wrote:Ha! This is why I joined this forum! I genuinely like to read all opinions here. Even completely different, like yours :-) Because for me, synchronised moves are, and always will be cheesy. Unless, there is a group of a headbanging guys (including drummer) during a song.
HARU rock 

Back to the main topic- I wonder if they will appear once more on tv, performing this song? Maybe during some new year/christmas special program? I would love to see it, even if it involves dance Tongue

SCANDAL is an exception for me, that's why I love 'SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE', because it's them just having fun J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 1f606 
MAMI otsupoyo

As for more appearances, I think they should. TV is still solid to reach large audiences. Maybe with some luck we could see a proper TV live version of 'one more time'.

Going back to J-MELO, it's one of the few ways to access japanese music aimed at people around the world. Good thing we see the band regularly appearing on the show.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:44 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
harurob wrote:SCANDAL is an exception for me, that's why I love 'SCANDAL IN THE HOUSE', because it's them just having fun J-MELO J-MUSIC NOW - Page 3 1f606 
MAMI otsupoyo

As for more appearances, I think they should. TV is still solid to reach large audiences. Maybe with some luck we could see a proper TV live version of 'one more time'.

Going back to J-MELO, it's one of the few ways to access japanese music aimed at people around the world. Good thing we see the band regularly appearing on the show.

It might be an exception for me as well! And it's still an uncharted territory, because I haven't heard about a half of their discography yet.

A proper version- yes, please! I hope that they will appear somewhere, doing literally anything :-) I enjoy even listening to their interviews, no matter how serious they are ;-) It just brings me back to Hello!Morning era, when Morning Musume had a tv programme, doing various things, including funny skits.

And before you have posted it, I wasn't aware that something like J-Melo even exists!
I have so many things to catch-up... HARU omg

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.