Posted Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:26 pm

playfoolgene

playfoolgene

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

These are melodic punk bands that I listen to. 

SHANK

FOUR GET ME A NOTS

All of their songs are in english. Though you just barely understand it, its still great.

Back to top Go down

Re: Music Like Scandal
Posted Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:04 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I have ordered Amelie and Gesu no kiwami otome albums today, and I bought Best of Stereopony just the other day. A lot of the others are now on my wishlist : )

…still have a couple of Scandal albums to buy as well, Queens and Baby Action to go!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:18 pm

saldiven

saldiven

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Best of Stereopony is pretty solid. I have that one, too.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:36 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I've recently found a few other groups that I really like:

Heavenstamp - (don't seem to be active any more? But their self-titled album is great)
Inshouha [aka 印象派 ] - (a lot of shared singing, it's really nice, and their MVs are really cool!)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:43 pm

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
You thanked this post! -

Nice picks! A few more:

Tsushimamire, legendary girls trio from Chiba

Akai Kōen

Haruka to Miyuki

Tokyo Karan Koron

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:16 pm

sagami

sagami

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

sugar'N'spice 

I LOVE THIS BAND.
In my opinion,Kana Okumura the best female bassist in Japan. sorry tomomi _(._.)_

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:10 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Cibo Matto, the queens of Shibuya Kei! They're more a Japanese-American hiphop duo though.

Or, how about Lady Baby? LOL!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:19 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Thanks @flyingwill for some more good choices : )
Akai Ko-en was already on my list, but the other 3 I have now added. I especially liked the 2nd part of that Tokyo Karankoron vid…

@Sagami - the music is good, but the vocals : ( it's funny how certain singers we just don't connect with. I'm kinda like that with chatmonchy - love the music, (the drumming is divine) but the vocals are an acquired taste.

@MamiNoodles - Cibo Matto - lol, I listened to a few songs… some of it is ok, but hip-hop's not really my cup of tea ; ) No comment about Lady Baby, I know you were joking there!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 12, 2016 7:24 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

I saw so many of my favorite bands listed here...
Props for mentioning ZONE, Gaki-san. (That name sounds so familiar...Are you on Hello! Online too?) They were the reason that I returned to listening to J-Pop so long ago.

Other bands I'd recommend are:

MARIA. The former ZONE's bassist, MAIKO's first band after they disbanded in 2005. They're disbanded now, but they have a lot of quality songs that still hold today. 

Jack&Queen. Maiko's last band. A little harder than ZONE or MARIA, but very good.  Also disbanded and not many clips available, but they are still listed for sale on iTunes & Amazon.  Couldn't find any J&Q clips, but there are clips from before they debuted as J&Q.

Chu's day. I really want to see this band succeed.  They actually found me on Twitter, and I've been a fan (Chu'ser, as they call them) ever since.  They actually appeared in one of SCANDAL's copy band contests one year as a finalist as Shilpen.

One more would be ЯeaL.  I've heard their name for a while now, but only recently heard how they sound. Pretty good, in my opinion.  I'd say that they're worth a listen. (You might need a proxy for that last one.)  

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:25 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Nice topic! Nice 
I will add this awesome rock'n'blues band: Drop's!♥️

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:03 pm

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
More music!
Yay!
Chu's Day is definitely my favourite - very Scandal sounding, and the lead singer reminds me of an "innocent" Miley Cyrus before she turned into, well, nvm. The drummer has the best seat in the house…
MARIA had two bassists… fun. It's unfortunate it looks like they only made one album.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:55 pm

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Oh boy I hope this group counts.

If you hadn't already, how about Babymetal? yeah, they are..not..necessarily... a band.

Buuuut, their music is really hecka powerful, while also having cute vocals/melodies; much like what Scandal does at times. They also at times incorporate some other styles in there music, like dub step, hip hop, and punk.  Also (next to One Ok rock) they were voted by a lot fans for the group they want to see Scandal collaborate with, i thought that was pretty cool.

here's a few of my favorites/ popular ones.

This song also has a studio version, but i couldn't find it on Youtube:

I wouldn't be surprised if you are not into them, especially if you're not a metal or/and idol music fan.  I wasn't really into them the first time i heard their songs, but they grew on me really quick, heck i don't even listen to metal/ idol pop : Teehee And now I totally into them. 
Tho if you are interested, there's a lot more videos of them on youtube. Other songs i would recommend :Akatsuki, Akumu no rondo (my 2nd fav song), onedari daikeson, and karate (a new one)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:41 pm

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
@babymetal when I first heard Give me chocolate I was so confused, but I ended up buying their album and loved most of it, seeing them live in LA was pretty cool too

@topic

Heres a few more that I've discovered 

Sekai no Owari:

Crimson:

Microcosm:

indigo la End:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:02 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@star-world96®
babymetal I just don't like, perhaps I can try to explain it. Unlike band-maid, where they are musicians who just happen to be in maid outfits, babymetal for me is just little girls (regardless of their actual age) dancing and singing while heavy metal plays in the background. I like kawaii from time to time, but not this, perhaps cos it's just performers, where half of the "charm" is in actually watching them; and not being a band. I can see the appeal for people who like heavy metal (I still do like heavy metal, kinda, but don't listen to it much anymore) and cute dancing Japanese girls (I prefer girls who act more their age - but maybe I'm just showing my age? Or how boring I am?)

@Noodles - I really enjoy your taste in music. 
Sekai no Owari is like the Japanese version of Fun. Quite amusing to see the similarities.
Indigo la End - that's the lead singer from gesu no kiwami otome... isn't it... just doesn't have that cool acid-jazz sound of gnko

It's good that we have an active thread to share our tastes for sure! We're all different, and that's what makes it more fun to see all the varying genres that influence us. I hope to share some more tonight.

EDIT: OK, I can't see this being shared so far, so I thought I'd share. Will add more later tonight.

7!! (Seven Oops)

Su凸ko D凹koi ... reminds me a bit of chatmonchy/negoto. Seem to be quite new...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:20 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It's good to see so many different active girls band!Happy
Youtube just "recommended" me this video from a group called The Peggies so I thought I could share it Wink

Those girls radiate, I really like their music and style!♥️

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:33 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Yuffie wrote:It's good to see so many different active girls band!Happy
Youtube just "recommended" me this video from a group called The Peggies so I thought I could share it Wink
Those girls radiate, I really like their music and style!♥️

Thanks for sharing! Nice sounds... the lead singer has a really cute overbite...

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:04 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
I highly recommend the first album of The Peggies: much more interesting than it seems at first sight, with very clever arrangements and interesting compositions.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@mio_akiyama
Your welcome and thanks for posting this subject, it's nice to share music tastes Wink
@flyingwill
Yep, I quite agree, the compositions and arrangements are really interesting, I am going to buy their album soon, at the same time, for those who are interested in this band, their offered their 1st EP for free download (pretty cool!), you can have it on this website Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:27 pm

MICHIO87

MICHIO87

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
mio_akiyama wrote:More music!
Yay!
Chu's Day is definitely my favourite - very Scandal sounding, and the lead singer reminds me of an "innocent" Miley Cyrus before she turned into, well, nvm. The drummer has the best seat in the house…
MARIA had two bassists… fun. It's unfortunate it looks like they only made one album.
Yeah, Chu's day. has quickly become one of my favorite new artists recently.  Their vocalist, ERI, has such a powerful singing voice, and yet, she can still blend with the rest of the band.  KEITA, their drummer, really is a lucky guy....w

MARIA was somewhat unique at the time for having two bassists.  They actually had two full albums and one B-side + unreleased tracks disc that was only available in a box set.

It really was too bad they had to disband due to their drummer having a medical condition that restricted her playing ability.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum