You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fritzubus1967

Fritzubus1967

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thank you for all postings, informantions, links and videoclips Happy

In my youth I like Nena, today i like SCANDAL many more.

Very nice, many million people have seen SCANDAL because ZDF is a big station and Thomas Gottschalk is one of the greatest entertainers in Germany. SCANDAL must have impressed.

Gladly I fall asleep in the car and while sitting Happy
Back to top Go down
gitariskamaran

gitariskamaran

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
tonymiller wrote:Yes only Haruna sang but she must have had to learn the words by heart being we know SCANDAL dont speak German and she tackled two songs !

I'm afraid you're giving HARU too much credit as she hardly sang in German lol. Literally the only German she sung was "Willst du mit mir gehn, willst du / Willst du mit mir gehn" over and over again, which was the chorus for "Willst du mit mir gehn." The much-longer verses were sung in Japanese. Likewise, her part in "99 Luftballons" was 100% in Japanese. They mentioned deciding to translate and sing the lyrics in Japanese here.
if you don't tell us about the fact, I didn't realize that Haruna still using japanese in the song .lol. because I think she really sang that song in German.

the closing part when they sing Hey Jude was great feels like I don't wanna stop seeing this video and that's true that these four girls look so small between all the people on the stage.

Back to top Go down
thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
tonymiller wrote:@thoseguiltyeyes

Dont spoil it Jade Happy

They attracted a lot of attention from the Germans there which is what counts.

Not trying to spoil anything. Just stating the facts. It was better that they sung in Japanese anyway; Nena herself thought that it was cooler that they sung in Japanese rather than in German. SCANDAL @ NENA - Nichts Versäumt (Nothing Missed) - Page 2 1f61b

SCANDAL @ NENA - Nichts Versäumt (Nothing Missed) - Page 2 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down
etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Even doing the chorus part in German is plenty I feel, while performing their own arrangement of an unfamiliar song. Was there already a Japanese translation or did their team have to get it done? Wonder how much advance notice they had of the invitation? In the midst of a busy schedule, they suddenly show up halfway around the world in Hamburg, give no clues why.. Bang, they’re performing before a big live audience together with a lot of very experienced musicians, in a totally unfamiliar scene.. 
[I understand a little German so it was cute to see the host asking Haru how you say "Danke Schön" in "Japanisch".. she looks at him with question eyes so he fills in "arigatou".. ]

Back to top Go down
tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Well I went back and watched the video again and Jade is right of course, but I still admire them for turning up there and giving it their best like they always do.

SCANDAL @ NENA - Nichts Versäumt (Nothing Missed) - Page 2 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum