Go down

Chords For Hachigatsu (August)
Posted Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:55 pm

mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
I was messing around with playing August and wrote out the chords by ear. I tabbed the solo but not the chords, as it's fairly straight forward if you listen to the recording. Haruna's lyric is very moving. Haven't we all felt these things?

I don't think all the F# chords are minor and the D sounds major but someone with better ears check them please. I want to play this but get it right.

https://www.pdf-archive.com/2017/10/20/august-chords-3/

So I didn't look deeply enough in the archives, I see jigoku79 posted chords for this song in 2013. Doesn't look like they've posted since then, but good job. He has some chords as minor. Between the two sets of chords you should be able to figure it out. I didn't look at 10th anniversary DVD but from that you can see some of Haruna's finger positions. Chords I thought might be minor don't seem to be from what she plays.

Last edited by mbowie4321 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:01 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed chords a bit)

Back to top Go down

Re: Chords For Hachigatsu (August)
Posted Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:43 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
mbowie4321 wrote:I don't think all the F# chords are minor and the D sounds major but someone with better ears check them please. I want to play this but get it right.

I cannot claim to have better ears although I can find chords by ear for the most part.

I have the official tabs from the STANDARD book published by Yamaha.

Comparing your .pdf:

1. 2nd/3rd lines in the verse - the book annotated it as E, but the tabs show an E power chord with the open E, essentially an Em anyway!

2. Same goes for your Fm in verse 1, book called it F but as a power chord. So, Fm is still 'right'.

Because the annotations are mainly in power chord form, any 'irregularities' are represented by minor chords which aren't annotated as minor in the book, and vice versa. So, no biggie if you are playing it as it is on the recording.

The ending however is:

F#m E D B
F#m E D

Chords For Hachigatsu (August) SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:19 pm

mbowie4321

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
@kudo_maharizu Ahh ... thanks for this and double checking it! So, since a power chord is neither major nor minor I guess my ears were influenced by the wistful nature of the lyrics and want to hear minor. I can update the pdf to put E5 etc. but actually the solo I tabbed bothers me. I hear the glissando and I don't hear Mami lifting her fingers at the beginning but it looks and feels awkward as written. I see from the 10th anniversary video she plays it a bit differently. I think my notes are right, but your Yamaha book must have the right tabs. Can you tell me that part and then I'll update the pdf.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:09 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

mbowie4321 wrote:@kudo_maharizu Ahh ... thanks for this and double checking it! So, since a power chord is neither major nor minor I guess my ears were influenced by the wistful nature of the lyrics and want to hear minor. I can update the pdf to put E5 etc. but actually the solo I tabbed bothers me. I hear the glissando and I don't hear Mami lifting her fingers at the beginning but it looks and feels awkward as written. I see from the 10th anniversary video she plays it a bit differently. I think my notes are right, but your Yamaha book must have the right tabs. Can you tell me that part and then I'll update the pdf.

You seemed to have got the chords right and I'm sure you've already got the solo down - and I'm not surprised if MAMI played it slightly different live. Not all musicians play everything note-for-note.

But if you insist on a comparison:

1st STR: 12 - 5 2nd STR: 9 10 - 5 -10 9 10 - 12 12 1st STR: 12 - 5 - 5 2nd STR: 9 10 -

--10--------------10----------------12-------------12----14---12--
------10---------------------------------12--------------------------
------------11-----------11---9--------------13---------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry, can't do the glissando/slide lines Grin

Chords For Hachigatsu (August) SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.