Where Did SH Members Go?
Posted on Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:53 pm

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
Things seem a bit quiet on this forum at the moment, so just to be nosy I was browsing through the members section and sorted it by "age." Clicking at random on some of the profiles with a lot of posts I was struck by the fact that some hadn't posted or visited in quite a long time. I think I saw one where the person said something about making a change, but mostly their last post was something ordinary like "oh, I really like that song ..." then, nothing. It's like your friend said they were running out to the store but then never came back. I realize there's no big mystery to this, things change, people get busy, they move on. Still, it seemed a little "bitter chocolate." The ones with thousands of posts were the ones I noticed, since presumably the band meant a lot to them at least for a time. The nature of the internet I guess.

Just a small thought. Delinquent

Back to top Go down

Re: Where Did SH Members Go?
Posted on Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:42 am

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@mbowie4321

Yes I have been here a long time and I miss some of those old faces, but I still have many of them on facebook.
Like you say, people's tastes change and other people move on, many I know did not have time for SH any more once they started college or University, but that does not mean they stopped liking SCANDAL as well.

I will probably be here until they throw me out Happy

I am involved with several AKB48 fangroups and it is just the same there.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:38 pm

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Well, Since the Guilty Eyes which I have seen from searching a lot of Scandal lyrics on the internet is an actual member, a pioneer in here maybe is the more appropriate word. I would like to know if the name Astoria is also a member? I can use the search function but I'd like to ask the same.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:03 pm

mbowie4321

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFFGF9eCrouGyWhIrVhR8Mw?view_as
tonymiller wrote:Like you say, people's tastes change and other people move on, many I know did not have time for SH any more once they started college or University, but that does not mean they stopped liking SCANDAL as well.

Yes, I'm sure they still like SCANDAL, and many of them probably intended to come back at some point. I think in life people rarely know their "last ever" is going to be their last ever. Maybe when you move you look around your apartment or house and think "this is the last time I'll see this" but often you don't.

I stumbled on a fun blog called Nia's Wonderland mostly about idol groups but she'd written reviews of SCANDAL, too. She stopped writing abruptly in 2015, and I see from comments that people in 2017 wondered where she went. Here's an interesting quote from an article about blogs that go silent, "The Japanese have a word for blogs that have fallen into neglect or are altogether abandoned: ishikoro, or pebbles. We live in a world of pebbles now. They litter the internet, each one a marker of writing dreams and energies that have dissipated or moved elsewhere." At their best, I think forums are a bit like blogs in that people write, respond, share an interest and make (maybe) some virtual friends. Although "goodbye" can be a sad word, it has a closure I think we all long for.

Anyway, glad you are still making your voice heard.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:52 am

wildthing

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Interaction on SNS is some times easier especially during work Wink
Its end of the year, so people are probably busy winding down with work/study etc.

Whenever I do meet non Japanese at Feedback! etc. I do try and ask if they are from SH, so I have meet quiet a few of you now, holler me if you guys want :D
I've meet up with loads of Fans in Hong Kong a couple of months ago, I will be in Blightly in Feb wink wink.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:29 am

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Also of course there are several SCANDAL fangroups on facebook these days, but you can belong to both of course.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:02 pm

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You're at the Feedback Shop Mr. Wildthing?

Back to top Go down