Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Re: 8th Album - 『HONEY』
Posted Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:28 am

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I'm sorry too. I wasn't clear with what I'm saying. My bad.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:20 am

wildthing

wildthing

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Just FYI at tower records japan online, tower.jp

SCANDAL, YELLOW and HELLO WORLD, STANDARD, CD+T-shirt editions are still available for purchase.

The last time I came across a Hello world T-shirt release was at the small Shiodome Tower, ironically the big stores (i.e. Shibuya/Shinjuku in Tokyo rarely have the older T-shirt editions in store, probably due to shelf space.)

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:28 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I'd definitely pre-order the DVD edition in January. I just love collecting DVD of their live performances!

scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Dec 28, 2017 3:18 am

Osakashnaide

Osakashnaide

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
wildthing wrote:Just FYI at tower records japan online, tower.jp

SCANDAL, YELLOW and HELLO WORLD, STANDARD, CD+T-shirt editions are still available for purchase.

The last time I came across a Hello world T-shirt release was at the small Shiodome Tower, ironically the big stores (i.e. Shibuya/Shinjuku in Tokyo rarely have the older T-shirt editions in store, probably due to shelf space.)
Thanks for this. I think I'd still check the tower records near Dotonbori before I try to buy online.

Back to top Go down

『HONEY』 Album Covers + Tracklisting
Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:08 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (3 votes)

The album covers and tracklisting for 『HONEY』 are out!

Regular Edition:
scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 V5Fu4UU

DVD Edition:
scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 QpJsm8t

T-Shirt Edition:
scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 R1SM35U
scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 59kTxoB

CD Tracklisting:

01. Platform Syndrome (プラットホームシンドローム)
02. OVER
03. Take Me Out (テイクミーアウト)
04. Oh! No!
05. Midnight City (ミッドナイトシティ)
06. Short Short (ショートショート)
07. Mado wo Aketara (窓を開けたら; Open a Window)
08. Futari (ふたり; The Two of Us)
09. Electric Girl (エレクトリックガール)
10. Koisuru Universe (恋するユニバース; A Universe In Love)

DVD Tracklisting:

Storytellers:SCANDAL

01. Shunkan Sentimental
02. Kimi to Yoru to Namida
03. LOVE ME DO
04. Koe (Acoustic ver.)
05. DOLL
06. Koisuru Universe
07. Take Me Out
08. Hachigatsu
09. SCANDAL BABY

scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:16 am

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
That's a weird cover...

Wasn't expecting Futari to be in the album, just for that, Take me Out and Koisuru Universe it's already in my Top 3 best albums scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 1f600 

Weirdly enough, Polkadot Stingray also has a song called "Short Short" in their album released just a few months ago (my favorite song in that album btw), just a coincidence???

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:17 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Only ten songs meaning some will be longer than usual? Can't wait to hear the whole thing anyway, the 3 soings we already know are all amazing so I'm not afraid.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:31 am

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I was expecting more than 7 songs Sad
but still buying it obviously because... panties  scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 1f61a

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:45 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
flyingwill wrote:Only ten songs meaning some will be longer than usual?
If that is the case don't expect those are like "Stairway to Heaven" or "Hotel California" with prolonged guitar solos haha!
I'm sorry the regular edition looks somewhat K-Popish. IMO, the DVD edition is the best cover.
Very possibly the Hong Kong edition will come with the DVD and the corresponding cover.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:32 am

flyingwill

flyingwill

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://rateyourmusic.com/~flyingwill
Regular is my favorite as usual.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:29 am

reilachii

reilachii

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://reilachii.tumblr.com
10 tracks only makes it their shortest studio album to date and I don't complain. If you take out the single's a-side, usually we always get from 7 to 10 new songs per album, and HONEY perfectly fits the standard. I just hope the new songs will share the same rockish feelings of the three tracks we already know.

cd covers looks great, love the bright colours. I'm sure it was a lot of fun for the girls to do a photoshoot like that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:39 am

tio

tio

Caless Student
Caless Student
The cover of the limitied edition with the DVD is my favorite.
I just preordered the album. Can't wait to receive it. .love.

Five long weeks to go. .wew.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:47 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Darn, was kinda hoping for another photo shoot like covers, wanted to see more of their outfits.  .ehem.
Don't mind the graphic design route, it's different, but the word font is just a bit too plain. 

I'm surprised with the track list, they added futari, not to mention only 10 songs, or ,7 news song. Oh well, new songs is new songs, the songs sounds like their gonna be cool, especially if 3 already great rock songs are up there.
I was gonna get the t shirt edition, but idk, it's not a bad design, idk probs still might get it.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Yellow was 13 tracks with an english version of Your Song and an instrumental one (Room No. 7, which rocks btw), Standard and Hello World also had 13. 

10 is fine.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:53 pm

ScandalRO

ScandalRO

Caless Student
Caless Student
I will buy the Regular CD Edition!

scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 D4d75c56a39d47f1db83dd99d65bce35-full
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:59 pm

dchan419

dchan419

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.instagram.com/dchan419/
Metal Mickey wrote:
flyingwill wrote:Only ten songs meaning some will be longer than usual?
If that is the case don't expect those are like "Stairway to Heaven" or "Hotel California" with prolonged guitar solos haha!
I'm sorry the regular edition looks somewhat K-Popish. IMO, the DVD edition is the best cover.
Very possibly the Hong Kong edition will come with the DVD and the corresponding cover.

Stairway and Hotel California solo's are genius. LOOOVE Those songs. My high school a capella group did hotel california ( i auditioned for the lead solo for that song but didn't get it ughhh)

Anyways, Thanks a million for all the info from our contributors. As much as i like the regular edition's cover  LOVE, I'll probably go with the dvd edition, because the t shirts never come in a size that fit me. Might change my mind in the next week or 2 because hey, lets face it, Having the shirt as a collectible is hella cool too.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:29 pm

dobondo

dobondo

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://dobondo.tumblr.com
I wonder if the DVD ver. is gonna include the typical random member postcard, cuz i'm getting that one. Just because I prefer the DVD album cover version. I wouldn't mind getting the regular version though, if it's cuz of the postcard scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 1f60a 

scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 5Oj6OpF
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:36 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
dobondo wrote:I wonder if the DVD ver. is gonna include the typical random member postcard, cuz i'm getting that one. Just because I prefer the DVD album cover version. I wouldn't mind getting the regular version though, if it's cuz of the postcard scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 1f60a 

A postcard never comes inside of an album; it's only an occasional bonus that you might be able to get at select stores in Japan. Maybe you mean the sticker? It'll probably be the same as always where the Regular Edition only comes with a sticker (one at random out of 5 kinds) inside of the case.

scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:45 pm

dobondo

dobondo

Caless Student
Caless Student
http://dobondo.tumblr.com
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:
dobondo wrote:I wonder if the DVD ver. is gonna include the typical random member postcard, cuz i'm getting that one. Just because I prefer the DVD album cover version. I wouldn't mind getting the regular version though, if it's cuz of the postcard scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 1f60a 

A postcard never comes inside of an album; it's only an occasional bonus that you might be able to get at select stores in Japan. Maybe you mean the sticker? It'll probably be the same as always where the Regular Edition only comes with a sticker (one at random out of 5 kinds) inside of the case.

Yeah the sticker. My bad!
I just got one of those when I bought BEST ALBUM and I didn't know it was a sticker, I just noticed lol!
Aw well, gonna take my time thinking which version to get before preordering hehe

Thanks for the info!

scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 5Oj6OpF
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:45 pm

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
I'm soo excited, oh my god! Probably gonna pre-order the Regular edition a week earlier before the actual release.

I'm honestly very happy that they're trying a different style for this album. They seem a lot more mature and rockish .clap.  
I love the colors, I love the outfits, I love their hair, I love absolutely everything about it, tho kinda sad that there are fewer new songs than they had in the previous releases, but it's alright, cuz they're finally backkkk

btw, my favorite version is Regular .love. cuz pantiesss lol

scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:40 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Already preordered the DVD version, but I do think it has my favorite cover as well. Regular version's not bad either.

I'm a fan of the image they have right now Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:18 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
I checked the album covers and t-shirt design on their Instagram account. The regular edition is great and very quirky. That was the first time I've seen where the artists showing their behinds instead of their faces on an album cover. Sorry, I can't think of a better word for behind. Both the DVD and shirt editions are honestly quite boring. Meanwhile, the t-shirt design is well.......... meh!

Otherwise, I have pre-ordered the DVD edition and I can't wait to receive it!

Speaking of IG, Mamitasu is now a Grammer. Hooray!!!

Last edited by MamiNoodles on Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:35 pm

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Still not a big fan of the cover, I know the cutout is bad on purpose but it feels weird to me. Too many years learning how to edit images properly, doesn't feel right.

But yeah, the cover is quirky, but not vulgar, kinda cute even. "Behind" is the appropriated word here, those are some big panties, there's nothing to see there.... at max Rina's waist which is really tiny omg!

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:27 am

mio_akiyama

mio_akiyama

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Lol, those covers are a bit... Scandalous... butt I digress.

I buy a lot of j-pop and it’s not unusual to only have 10-11 tracks.
Also someone mentioned polkadot stingray - they’re awesome!
Honey made me think of that song by jpop band Amelie, so you’ve gotta expect reused words, it doesn’t make them less original Tongue

scandal_honey - 8th Album - 『HONEY』 - Page 3 Scanda10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:03 am

temp23

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Not gonna lie, kinda letdown by the tracklist. In part because it's only 10 songs and I hate 10-songs albums, always feels like the artists are saying "see, it's not an EP". But also because they actually decided to include "Take Me Out", a song released in 2016, and that's not a bonus track, that's part of the main tracklist.
Now, don't take me wrong, I love "Take Me Out" (it was actually the song that made me want to listen to more of them and eventually become a fan) but considering it was already included in last year's Best Album, which also had 2 newer songs, makes the song feel even more out of place and I think this move was unnecessary as it seems like they just wanted to fill the space.

Well, I hope the rest of the songs are as good as the 2 [actually new] songs we already know cause if this turns out like Yellow, I'm not gonna have much to listen to.

reilachii wrote: If you take out the single's a-side, usually we always get from 7 to 10 new songs per album, and HONEY perfectly fits the standard.

I guess that's true and me being a somewhat recent fan of them, I've never had to experience the thing about already knowing 3 or 4 songs from the album before it comes out. But again, one thing is having 2 songs that were released ~3 months ago, another is having a song from a year and a half ago.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.