Please be gentle [Page 1 of 1]

Please be gentle
Posted Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:11 am

TwistedBaspin

TwistedBaspin

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hello guys. I just created my account here although I've visited this site million times in years in search for news and lyrics translations but I never had any plans on creating an account to join some discussions. I am obviously an introverted person.

So I made a short entry on my journal about SCANDAL that I just want to share:

I was a big Bleach fan back then (during Aizen's ark), shoujo S is the first song I heard from them and I immediately got hooked and also developed my fondness with Haruna because I think she kinda look like that Japanese girl I am crushing on in the movie Tokyo Drift (Keiko Kitagawa).

Such as an allowance-less student as I was, I never had the financial ability to buy their stuffs nor I can find any place I know where to buy those. That's when I resort to piracy, I downloaded their whole discography on some Portuguese websites along with photobook scans, etc...

I felt guilty and ashamed to be honest. 

2013 when I downloaded "Standard" and to my disappointment, there were just a few songs that caught my attention. My inner self told me that maybe I should minimize my obsession since I cannot even support them and also, I am beginning to feel that their music isn't that enjoyable for me anymore.

I also noticed that their fans are slowly declining after they ditched the school girl gimmick and seeing them slowly falling to irrelevance is sad for me to watch. Runner's high was the last song I listened from them and after that, I completely forgot about them in the following years...

Late January 2018. I was so tired from work and the holiday traffic is still at its peak that time, I came home like a zombie. Although it's going to be my day off tomorrow, I have no plans on going out for drinks that night like I usually do. I came running to my bed and pass out.

I slept until noon that I already missed lunch. It was a good and worthy sleep, I can tell because I just had a very vivid dream... and Haruna was on it! (I am not going to describe what kind of dream it was because it's stupid but trust me, it ain't a naughty one)

I suddenly had the urge to listen to them so I jumped out of bed energetically and reached out to my pc. Turn the speakers volume up and played my all time favorite from them, "Aitai" which is partly written by my very own queen, Haru.

It resonated deep in my toughs as I realized how long or how many years, I abandoned them while I was never a good fan who can properly support them in a proper way. It almost put me to tears as I play the song over and over (I am not going to say it twice, I didn't cry okay!). 

I came to know SCANDAL again as it was my first time that I saw and loved them and my burning passion became stronger than before. I went to Amazon.com and look for all of their stuffs (that my budget is capable of).

It was my birthday, just this February. I was at my room in front of my PC, just begun watching their 10th anniversary concert. My girlfriend came with a cake with a lit candle for me to blow then SCANDAL suddenly sang "Happy birthday". I didn't even know they did that song since I was just starting to catch up with them again. That was a funny coincidence.

My girlfriend was like, "looks like your Haruna already greeted you before I do".

(Yes, my girlfriend is well aware of my undying love and admiration for Haru). 

*** Valentines came! Honey came out and I was so excited!

While checking my facebook, a post by some fan page popped up with the announcement of the countries they will be touring on their Asia tour and this god forsaken country is included!!! I fell out of my seat! 

I kept an eye on them tix boi!

Few days later, a post from the organizer (not worth mentioning the name) popped. A whooping 8k PHp for emperor's pass (around 150 USD), 5k for VIP and 2.8k for general admission pass. There's also a fan meet pass for 1.8k only for those who already have concert tickets.

It is too pricey for a small place to be held at (SMX Convention Center Manila). But hell yeah! I'll take 2 emperor's pass! (one for my gf).

I took another look on the post as it was refreshed and I immediately saw the overwhelming angry and crying reacts. So I clicked to see the comments, and people are saying that the emperor's pass as well as the fan meet tix are already sold out.

I wasn't that disappointed, a part me is actually happy that many fans in my country is over hyped and enthusiastic for this event. There's no need to be angry or to feel butthurt about it, we're just a little late, that's all... and I feel happy for the early birds who scored the biggest treat.

I looked at the post again and see that it was posted 4 hours ago and I took back everything I just said. Yes! I just said "I was just a LITTLE late" but not this LITTLE!!!

I scrolled deeper in the comments and people are saying that the tickets are already in sale for several hours ago before the incompetent organizer announced it.

Wow, it's like going home starving for dinner and your mother cooked and prepared your favorite but didn't inform you and in the next morning you found it is already eaten by ants and cockroaches.  WOW! Seriouly, this organization has their own brand of some new level kind of stupidity.

People are now making conspiracy theories that this organizer is partnered with the scalpers for bigger earnings etc... The organizer also gave their statement of apology which is pretty worthless because it didn't address any questions or concern from the fans. I don't care anymore. I am dead inside. Nothing can bring me back to life except for the chance to punch the faces of those responsible for this. 

Time passed and I was able to move on with my great anger. I am happy with the 2 VIP tix in my hands right now, it's better than nothing.

Of course, I'm still jealous with those who can participate on the fan meet and touch up session but what's important is I got to watch them perform and be at the same place and at the same time with them while hearing their music in real time. Although, I will be extra thankful if I will be given the chance to punch the organizer's faces. 

Few weeks later, the incompetent organizer made another announcement that they will make an announcement on April the 2nd. Yes, you heard me right, they made an announcement for an announcement. Now you probably understand what I meant when I said that these people have their own brand of some new level of stupidity.

But then again, I am more stupid because I am still buying their shenanigans. I'll be watching out for that announcement and if ever there will be additional fan meet pass or ticket upgrade to emperor, count me in.

Wow, you made it till the end. Thank you for your time. More power to the girls, their managements and their staffs. I really wish I can punch those organizer's faces.

Seriously, I really do.

I'm not kidding.

Last edited by TwistedBaspin on Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : For some reasons the emoticons and images I attached are not working. Ughhh...)

Back to top Go down

Re: Please be gentle
Posted Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:14 am

peachclub

peachclub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Welcome to Scandal Heaven!! 
It's a interesting story how you got to know and get back to loving Scandal!! Although I don't support piracy, but sure, it is a way of dragging low budget fans into the market so I won't judge you on that. 
Keep on loving and supporting Scandal!! Nice one

PS

Just my personal question, how big exactly is the SMX convention center in Manila? Because according to Wikipedia, SMX convention center in Manila is supposed to have capacity up to 12000 people and I know Scandal is not popular enough to have a concert over see involving 12000 people, and now i see that you said it is a small place so I am confused.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:19 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Welcome to the active side of SH and yes I did read all of your short intro Happy

I have many Filipino friends but dont get me into talking about that kind of stuff, as a AKB48 fan I cannot believe the total hash they are making of MNL48 who have as much resemblance to AKB as a Barber Shop Quartet.

But anyway, hope you have fun here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:45 pm

TwistedBaspin

TwistedBaspin

Caless Student
Caless Student
Just my personal question, how big exactly is the SMX convention center in Manila? Because according to Wikipedia, SMX convention center in Manila is supposed to have capacity up to 12000 people and I know Scandal is not popular enough to have a concert over see involving 12000 people, and now i see that you said it is a small place so I am confused.
The SMX Convention Center is composed of 4 Exhibition Halls, 5 Function Rooms, and 14 Meeting Rooms and yes, you are right. It can be widen to accommodate up to 12,000 people which still depends on what hall or function room they are going to be using.

As of now, the incompetent organizer still hasn't released any information regarding this. There are also rumors that they may have to move the venue to the
Arena since it is attracting more attendees than expected but rumors are rumors, Filipinos love making it, even the mainstream media is also into it.

PS

No more piracy for me. I am still on the hunt for their physical records although I already purchased the digital ones. It's also a way to make up for what I did in the past. .chesttap.

@[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Real AKB48 fans here in my country are pretty pissed off about MNL48 lol.

I am guessing because they think that young girls here today are not worthy of the responsibility of being an idol and the noontime show that it is being broadcasted to is pretty much crap. A show that is hated by intellectuals and worshiped by normies.

I'm also having a bad premonition that SCANDAL might make a quick guesting on the said TV show to promote the upcoming event.

Please God no .mad.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:18 pm

peachclub

peachclub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Oh I see, that's quite a smart choice of where to hold a concert, since it could be sized as a small concert, just to be safe, and if the demand rises they could just simply expand the area. 

Anyways thanks for the reply .hail.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:59 pm

libresse

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Hello! 

Me and my gf got VIP tickets too instead of the emperor due to the organizer messing up the announcement. So i feel your disappointment too

They will probably sell physical albums and other merchs during the fan meet or before the concert

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:06 pm

TwistedBaspin

TwistedBaspin

Caless Student
Caless Student
libresse wrote:Hello! 

Me and my gf got VIP tickets too instead of the emperor due to the organizer messing up the announcement. So i feel your disappointment too

They will probably sell physical albums and other merchs during the fan meet or before the concert
Oh hey!

Yeah it was pretty disappointing but have you heard the organizer's announcement that there will be a good announcement on the 2nd of April? We might still have a chance to be emperors but I am not putting my best hopes on that. Mahirap umasa

.uhuh. Don't worry, I'll be on a shopping spree for their merchs like a god church!

@peachclub:

Lol don't mention it. Thanks also for reading my intro

PS

I have no idea why my previous reply was italicized.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:45 pm

rikitasu

rikitasu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
TwistedBaspin wrote: Mahirap umasa

They said it will be good news but I have a bad feeling about it. I've already lost my trust to that organizer but we have no choice.

Btw, Nice to meet you and Welcome to SH!!

Last edited by rikitasu on Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:16 pm

libresse

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I don't think it will be more ticket openings as that will be unfair to those who bought VIP as consolation for emperor unless the organizers are dumb enough

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Mar 25, 2018 7:36 pm

ChottoLatte

ChottoLatte

Caless Student
Caless Student
Big pop for the Keiko Kitagawa reference! I LOVED The live action Sailor Moon show she was in back in 2003. (I Still rewatch it about once a year every year since 2003 LOL)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:27 am

TwistedBaspin

TwistedBaspin

Caless Student
Caless Student

Yeah it's pretty dumb if that was the case. However, I think that maybe they are going to add an option for people to upgrade the tickets that they already have for a fair price. But anyway, let's just see on the said date. I could be right or I just underestimated the organizer's stupidity.

Nice to meet you too!

The anger and anxiety the organizer has given me is unbearable and hopefully, this will be the last time we see them. I really do hope SCANDAL's management will take action on this incident to make sure it won't happen again. I mean, what if they are also going to be the organizers for SCANDAL's 2nd concert? What choice do we have?

Keiko has been a big crush of mine. After seeing her in Tokyo Drift, I googled her and was impressed that she has many works locally and one them is sailor moon. My sister and my cousin used to watch the anime when we were kids, Mercury and Mars were my waifus back then and I can't believe Keiko played as Rei. .toj.

Last edited by TwistedBaspin on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down