Posted Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:18 pm

hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Ok so here's the thing. I recently made a playlist that would represent some of my favorite Scandal songs. The only rule was "two songs per album", and I bent they a little only once  .whistle.

I had some fun going through the entire discography and choosing the songs, so I decided to bring the challenge to you guys as well and see how different each member's playlist would look like! 

Here's what I came up with. I boldened the number 1 song from the album, just because lol. I'll try to add some comments regarding what went through my head when deciding.

• Best Scandal: Space Ranger | Doll

It was really hard to leave Shoujo S out, but I couldn't bring myself to change any of these two. Space Ranger is such a cool song, and Doll is an absolute classic, this playlist would be weird without it.

• Temptation Box: Shunkan Sentimental | Hi-Hi-Hi

Another classic, Shunkan Sentimental was my first Scandal song, so no way I'd leave that one out. Hi-Hi-Hi rocks too much, I was between this or Aitai but Hi-Hi-Hi came out on top.

• Baby Action: Very Special | Scandal Nanka Buttobase

Scandal Nanka Buttobase is actually my second favorite Scandal song ever (it's weird, I know haha), and the reason I wanted to make this playlist. I love this song, it's so energetic and the way they sing makes it so cool, I love how they alternate between each other mid-sentence, really makes the song special to me. The second song was hard, but I ended up going with Pride, although Love Survive would also be a good choice. EDIT: Just to show how hard was the second song, this is the first change made to the playlist! After watching and rewatching the Wonderful Tonight DVD, I fell in love with Very Special and decided to go with it over Pride for my second song in Baby Action. Still love Pride, of course, but Very Special took its place.

• Queens Are Trumps: Queens Are Trumps | Koe

Koe is my number one song, so that was a given. I absolutely love Koe, and the first time I listened to it it made me really emotional even before I looked up the lyrics, I just felt it was something special (and I was totally right). My second choice was between Queens Are Trumps, Rock'n Roll or Taiyou Scandalous, but I ended up going with the title song for the album.

• Standard: Awanaitsumorino Genkidene | Kagen no Tsuki

When I thought about making this playlist, I thought I would have a hard time choosing my favorites from Standard, as it is my favorite album overall. It ended up being pretty easy, as these two songs are just so good. Kagen no Tsuki is another one of my Top 5 songs and Awanaitsumorino Genkidene is just amazing (I feel like it's probably the best Scandal song overall and the one I find the easiest to recommend to someone who doesn't know Scandal and is not into Japanese music per se, not sure why).

• Hello World: Onegai Navigation | Runners High

Ok so here it gets weird. Hello World is my second favorite album, but I had a harder time choosing my second song for this playlist (Onegai Navigation was instantly included lol). I was between Departure, Honn Wo Yomu and Runners High but ended up with Runners High after I decided to cheat a bit and include the Best Album disc. More below:

• Best Album (Disc 1): Departure | Freedom Fighters
  • Best Album (Disc 2): Flashback no. 5 | Scandal in the House 

So, two reasons why I decided to include this album on the list. First I didn't want to go with singles otherwise I'd just include almost all of them and render this whole playlist pointless, but I had to include Flashback no. 5 in this somehow as it is in my top 5. Also, Freedom Fighters fucking rules and it's only available here. For the first disc I went with Departure, that I had a hard time leaving out on the Hello World selection, and for the second I went with Flashback no. 5 for the reasons stated and Scandal in the House because as contradicting as it is since I've already chosen Departure, I didn't want to choose another song I could pick from another album... also, it adds a different flavor to the playlist, since nothing else quite sounds like this song here.

• Yellow: Heaven na Kibun | Suki Suki

Yellow was, to my surprise, the hardest album on the list and the one I did last, because I simply couldn't choose. It's not my favorite by any stretch of the imagination, I actually think it's one of the weaker albums to me, so all the songs kind of blend together and I don't feel particularly strong about any of them. I'm not sure which one is my favorite of them and to be honest this section is still open for future revision. EDIT: I ended up listening to this album a lot more and it grew on me quite a bit. Heaven na Kibun is now my favorite track on the album (funny cause it wasn't even on the list before lol), Suki Suki remains at number 2, but now I like the album as a whole a lot more. I still think it's probably the second least favorite one to me though, with Honey being last.

• Honey: Midnight City | Electric Girl

Another album I'm not a huge fan (it's actually my least favorite), but this time it was easy to choose from. I actually really like Midnight City, and after seeing Electric Girl live I went with it over Oh! No!, even though I'm a sucker for songs with Mami singing. Both of these songs are great.

• Scandal Show: Beauteen!! | Love Survive

Since I included the Best Album, there was no reason not to include this one. I went with Beauteen!! since it's not available in any other album and went with Love Survive since it almost made it on the Baby Action selection. 

• Encore Show: Midnight Television | Emotion

Lastly, I couldn't leave Encore Show out since as far as I remember none of these songs are on other albums, and Emotion is another one of my top 5. I absolutely love both of songs, as well as this album as a whole.

Anyway, here's my list! Of course, it's still subject to changes as I listen to the albums again and get obsessed over different tracks lol. I'll probably keep listening to Yellow for a few more days until I can come up with a selection I'm more comfortable with. I'm curious about what other people come up with!

Also, I apologize in advance for any misspell or wrong words. I'm not used to writing that much at once in English lol.

_____
EDIT 1: Included R-GIRLs ROCK!, that I forgot about when making the playlist originally.

• R-GIRLs ROCK!: Rock n Roll Widow | Secret Base

This one was kind of easy. Although it's a really short album and every song here is really cool, these two are easily the best for me. But as Don Dio said, if Don't Say Lazy was here, it would be instantly included, probably replacing Secret Base.

_____
EDIT 2: I changed my second pick for Baby Action. Pride leaves, Very Special enters. I altered the comment for that album to reflect the new pick.

Last edited by hohenheim on Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:42 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : changed Baby Action's second song!)

Back to top Go down

Re: Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist!
Posted Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:32 pm

joameba

joameba

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Your english is good, I've read native speakers with worse grammar :b
My hypotetical playlist would be like this: (I only listen to full albums, it's weird for me to play random songs hehe)

-BEST SCANDAL: Anata ga Mawaru - Ring! ring! ring!. I would put Kagerou but Mami gives variety
-Temptation box: Hokaugo 1H - Sayonara my friend. Sorry Hi-hi-hi :'(
-R-girls rock: Rock 'n' roll widow - Daydream. (Don't ignore this album!!)
-Baby action: Sono toki...- One piece. This is the hardest album to choose, so many top tier songs.
-Scandal show: Beauteen - Scandal no theme
-Queens are trumps: Koe - Bright. 
-Encore show: Midnight television - Hikare. Album with the most amount of masterpieces
-STANDARD: Namida yo hikare - STANDARD. Normally I'd choose Overdrive and Kagen over the last one but that song is special.
-Hello world: Onegai navigation - Hon wo yomu
-Yellow: Suki-suki - Stamp. Easiest to choose for several reasons (?
-SCANDAL: Freedom fighters - Flashback no. 5. (cd 1+2)
-Honey: Oh! No! - Electric girl. This is my favourite album, opposite from you :b. Not putting the 10 songs would be an insult.

Take an elephant  Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 1f418

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:32 am

hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Ooops, totally forgot about R-girls Rock. I'll add it... as soon as I make up my mind  .stars. hahaha

Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 724Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 549Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 743Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 745Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 778Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 763
Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! LNQg4V3
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:33 am

Star~world96®

Star~world96®

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Let me take a crack at it Nice one

Best Scandal- Hitotsu Dake, Anata ga mawaru (this was kinda hard, cuz I really like this album album and had to choose between these two, Doll, kegarou album mix, and Kimi to yoru)

Temptation Box- Girlism, Playboy pt 2

Baby Action- love survive, Appletachi no dengon, (it was either appletachi or nanka buttobase, i really love both these songs)

Queens are trumps - Koe, Harukaze

Standard - Standard, koi no gestalt houkai (this is also my fav album, which is hard to choose from some songs. Metronome, Awanai, Orange juice, I'm sorry .whiteflag. )

Hello World - Onegai Navigation, Image

Yellow- Heaven na Kibun, Chiisana Honoo

Honey - Over, Take me out ( words can't describe how hard this was, love love LOVE this album, joameba is right , its practically mean to not include all the songs lol

Non Studio albums
Yah yah yah Scandal - Kagerou, Koi moyou
R girls rock - Roppongi Shinjuu, Daydream
Encore Show - Want you, Hoshi no yoru no (also  hard all the songs on this album are really good, honorable mentions: all of them)
Scandal show- Doll, shunkan sentimental
SCANDAl - Disc1 -Freedom Fighters, Departure
Disc 2- Awanai tsumori genki de ne, Flashback no.5

<edit> 
I replaced Rock n roll with Koe, I forgot how much I love this Mami song. But rock n roll is defiantly no.3

Last edited by Star~world96® on Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:50 pm

peachclub

peachclub

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
BEST SCANDAL: Scandal Baby, Doll 
TEMPTATION BOX: Everybody Say Yeah, Shunkan Sentimental 
BABY ACTION: Love Survive, One Piece 
QUEENS ARE TRUMPS: Taiyou Scandalous, Koe (This one was hard since there were no songs that really stood out, not saying that the songs are bad, I actually like it a lot.)
STANDARD: Awanai Tsumori No Genki Dene, Namida Yo Hikare 
HELLOW WORLD: Image, Onegai Navigation 
YELLOW: Suki-Suki, Chiisana Honoo 
HONEY: Platform Syndrome, Electric Girl (This was hard, every song in this album deserves a spot) 

SCANDAL SHOW: Shojo S, Beauteen 
ENCORE SHOW: SL Magic, Hoshi No Furu Yoru Ni 
SCANDAL DISC 1: Take Me Out, Freedom Fighters 
SCANDAL DISC 2: Your Song, Flashback No.5 

YAH! YAH! YAH! HELLO SCANDAL: Kagerou, Space Ranger

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:07 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Here's my "Greatest Hits" playlist :

Best Scandal - Kimi To Yoru To Namida / Scandal Baby

I'm not a huge fan of the early years... I really like Kimi To Yoru To Namida, I enjoyed this song played during the MTV Storytellers show, so as soon as I bought Best Scandal it became my favorite song of this record. Scandal Baby is a must-have classic at concerts.

Temptation Box - Aitai / Shunkan Sentimental

It's probably the record I listen to the least, but I think Aitai is a great song and Shunkan Sentimental is also a "classsic" from the band (and a nice MV  Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 1f60b )

Baby Action - Pride / One Piece

Pride is really a catchy song and One Piece sounds really emotional, it seems like a special song for them.

Queens Are Trumps - Koe / Harukaze

This is one of my favorite Scandal's album, the first choice is really easy : KOE... it's just the best song i've heard since many years ! I instantly fell in love with Mami when I heard this song... I don't know what to say, really amazing! Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 1f60d 
It's difficult to choose only 2 songs from this album, but Harukaze is great with Haruna and Tomomi sharing the lead vocal in a perfect way.

Standard - Awanaitsumorino Genkidene / Hachigatsu

Awainaitsumorino Genkidene (not easy to write  Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 1f605 ) is one of their best songs, a heavy sound that remind me a little the sound of the Smashing Pumpkins. I really like Hachigatsu, I even made a cover of this song on Youtube (cover).

Hello World - Image / Honn Wo Yomu

Hello World is also one of my favorite album, Image is an excellent single that perfectly shows that Mami has become a very good songwriter. I also love Honn Wo Yomu, not just because Mami is the singer, but because it really sounds great.

Yellow - Heaven Na Kibun / Love Me Do

When you love Grunge music like me, you can only fall in love with Heaven Na Kibun. Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 1f60e 
In a radically different style, Love Me Do is a delightfully pop song

Honey - Over / Platform Syndrome

I discovered the band with this album, so it will always be special for me. Over is amazing, Mami plays in a really impressive way on this song... she is the goddess of the electric guitar!  Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 1f607  Platform Syndrome is quite similar and it's the first Scandal's song I've heard.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 20, 2018 1:18 am

hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Everyone's playlist looks so different, that's really cool!  .clap.

Of course, seeing everyone's choices makes me even more thoughtful about my choices  .hmmm.

Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 724Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 549Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 743Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 745Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 778Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! 763
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:59 am

3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
OK, took me a few days to think about it, so here we go. My Greatest Hits might be called Scandal Rocks cuz i tend to go for the harder songs.

Yah, Yah, Yah - Space Ranger and Kagerou. I know its only an EP but I needed it to get the extra picks.

Best*Scandal- Shoujo S and Anata ga Mawaru.  I love Tomomi's singing on Anata ga Masaru especially live.

Temptation Box- Hi Hi Hi, Girlism. OK here's where it gets weird.  I gotta leave off Aitai, Houkago 1H, Hello Hello, but I'll get to some of those later. And I know I'm cutting Shunkan, but there you go.

R Girl's Rock- Secret Base.  One of the best covers ever. 

Baby Action- One Piece, Sono Toki, no rain. This one was actually harder than Temptation Box for me. Leaving off Very Special and Glamorous You was painful for me. But let me say that i think ONE PIECE is the best of the best of SCANDAL songs and my absolute favorite, everything about this song is amazing. And my favorite part-everyone sings, but Rina and she wrote the lyrics, so she's helping too!!! haha

Scandal Show- Taiyou to kimi ga Egaku Story, and Switch. Still no Shukan, but Story b/c of the MV and Switch b/c Tomomi.

Queens are Trumps- Bright and Bitter Chocolate. This is maybe their most rocking album and I picked two of the mellowest songs of the disc. Hurts to leave off Title track, and Koe, but don't worry Mami, I'll fix that later. Also Bright is the catchiest pop song ever and Haruna's vocal are amazing on it.

Encore Show- SL Magic and Playboy. Finally i get to put S.L. on the here. I love this song, again cuz everyone sings. You can't tell me you don't wait for that verse Mami sings. It's everything that makes Scandal great.  Playboy makes me happy, and just edged out Tokyo, which is a very over looked tune that i never hear anyone hype up.

Standard - Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne , Kagen no Tsuki. This one was pretty easy, these two songs are easily to best of this disc, as well as all time. What can you say about A. T. no, Genki de ne, it's the song i play when introducing people to the band. Kagen is classic, so catchy, and everyone sings, again Mami steals the show with only a couple of lines.

Hello World- Kan Biru,  Hon Wo Yomu. Sorry Haru, but Tomomi and Mami, get the nods here. Kan Biru is so emotional and has so much of the "feel", its almost too much, needless to say Tomomi's best song and vocals. 

Yellow- Heaven na kibun and Stamp!. Not my fave album, but Heaven is a great song and Stamp! was fun to hear live. 

Best Album Scandal Disc 1- Altai, Hello Hello.  Using a greatest hits album to pick a greatest hits is def cheating but it has to happen to get everything in there. HAHAHA!  OK, Altai is without a doubt one of there best. Intro has to be the best ever, I get chills every time i hear it. Hello Hello is just a great pop song, but what puts its over the top is when all the girls are just belting out that chorus!! LOVE IT!

Best Album Scandal Disc 2- Koe, Shukan Sentimental. And finally we get to Shukan.  Koe is pretty amazing and getting to hear Mami sing it live was all time. 

Honey- Oh!No! and Mado wo Aketara. Again, sorry Haruna, but these are my faves from Honey, at least Tomomi let you sing her "Marvin Gaye" song.

Well that was fun. I could go into a lot more detail about why i love these tunes, but suffice it to say, my life has been changed (for the better) by these wonderful ladies. Especially you Tomomi!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:34 am

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Nice idea for a thread. Let me give it a try.

Best Scandal: Doll, Shojo S
I love this album. "Shojo S" was the song that got me into Scandal, so I had to include it, and "Doll" just plain rocks. It was hard to leave off "Kagerou" and "Scandal Baby".

Temptation Box: Everybody Say Yeah, Shunkan Sentimental
"Shunkan Sentimental" was technically the first Scandal song I ever heard, and "Everybody Say Yeah" is really fun at live shows.

Baby Action: Love Survive, Pride
I'm also a fan of "Burn".

Queens are Trumps: Tayiou Scandalous, Harukaze
"Harukaze" reminds me of the farewell to the "Bleach" anime, so I had to include it. I also like "Kill the Virgin" a lot, but ultimately I prefer "Tayiou Scandalous".

Standard: Awanai Tsumori no Genki de ne, Overdrive

Hello World: Love in Action, Onegai Navigation
This is the first Scandal album I ever bought, and it's one of my favorites, so it was a bit harder to choose only 2 songs.

Yellow: Heaven na Kibun, Your Song (English Version)
I love Grunge, so I had to choose "Heaven na Kibun". I chose "Your Song (Eng. ver)" simply because I love that fact that they re-did the song for the international audience, and I love hearing them sing in English.

Honey: Platform Syndrome, Take Me Out
This was probably the hardest choice, because this is slowly becoming my favorite Scandal album. I badly wanted to include "Over", but sadly I can only include 2 songs. So ultimately I decided that I slightly prefer "Take Me Out".

Scandal Show: Scandal Baby, Scandal no Theme
Since the creator of this thread allowed us to include this album, I was able to pick "Scandal Baby" after all. I also thought about picking "Kagerou", but instead I picked "Scandal no Theme" because this is the only album its available on.

Encore Show: Playboy, Koshi TanTan

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:57 am

libresse

libresse

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Here is my actual daily commute playlist to and from work. I usually listen to grunge and post grunge/alternative rock so these are the songs that made my playlist.

Best Scandal

• Scandal Baby
  • Doll
  • Shouju S
  • Space Ranger
  • Kagerou

I just love how heavy Space Ranger is, more so after listening to the live version when they performed here in Manila. It also has sentimental value since it is one of the songs that they were playing when they we're still a street act and playing outside Budokan.

Temptation Box

• Shunkan Sentimental
  • Hi-Hi-Hi
  • EVERYBODY SAY YEAH

Thanks to FMA Brotherhood that i discovered them through the ending song Shunkan Sentimental and the rest was history.

Baby Action

• Love Survive

Smooth fast flowing song and i love how it gets heavy near the end with Mami's solo/riff. I'm no musician so sorry if I used the wrong term.

Queens Are Trumps

• Rock'N Roll
  • Koe
  • Rising Star

Mami is my favorite member so it is just normal that Koe with her vocals is my favorite for this album.

Standard

• Metronome
  • Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne
  • Kagen no Tsuki
  • Standard

It was a hard choice between Metronome and Awanai but I'll go for Metronome since it is the heavier of the two. Mami's guitar work at both songs are just exceptional

Hello World

• Onegai Navigation
  • Runners High
  • Your Song

One of my favorite songs is Onegai Navigation and i just love how Mami plays here. The way her guitar was setup here is just really music to the ears . It is heavy yet smooth and rhythmic. 

Yellow

• Suki Suki

Suki suki is my choice here as it sounded funky and gives me that upbeat jolly feeling.

Honey

• Platform Syndrome
  • Over
  • Take Me Out
  • Futari
  • Electric Girl
  • Koisuru Universe

Over is my pick of the album as it reminds me of why i love their music in the first place, that smooth rhythmic fast flowing rock sound. 

SCANDAL

• D1 Freedom Fighters
  • D2 Flashback No.5

The two choices from their compilation album are Freedom and Flashback no.5 as those two are the only new songs on that album and also fits my liking as rock tunes

Encore Show

• SL Magic
  • Emotion

Another one of their earlier songs, I just love how raw and rock they are here.

Departure (Single)

• Rainy

This is my favorite song and hearing it from the Festival Arena concert always gives me goosebumps. Same with Onegai Navigation I just love how Mami plays the guitar here. I'm still surprised this song didn't make the succeeding albums. The flow and rhythm of the whole song is just perfect.

------

I still hope that I'll be able to watch them perform Onegai Navigation, Rainy and Metronome as i think those are their best songs when performed live though i know it is a long shot since they are not their popular songs. 

Mami is my favorite and I think most songs that I have chosen were those that show her amazing guitar skills. Of course all of them are great musicians ^^

Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! Scandal+-+02
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:04 am

Don Dio

Don Dio

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

I don't know which was harder: choosing the songs or taking the time to type all of this up.  It would be very easy to make multiple lists of all the great songs that didn't make the Top 2 of each album, but we'll save that for another forum thread.  

YAH! YAH! HELLO SCANDAL
Space Ranger
Kagerou

BEST SCANDAL
Anata Ga Mawaru
Sakura Goodbye

Tomomi's bass line on Sakura Goodbye stands out like Pete Way's bass on UFO's "Cherry," Tom Hamilton's on Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion," or Steve Harris of Iron Maiden on "The Trooper."  The First Live version of Anata Ga Mawaru is the definitive version for me, but we're not pulling from the concerts.  Nonetheless, for me this is the best example of Scandal as garage band rockers.  Why Mami didn't continue soloing like she does in this one for later records I don't know.  I really enjoy how she just "goes for it," which is something she doesn't really do again until the Hello World album.

R-GIRL'S ROCK
Roppongishinjū
Rock And Roll Widow

These songs are so good I wish they were Scandal's.  Too bad they didn't record Don't Say Lazy for this mini-album, because I would like to include that one.

TEMPTATION BOX
Shunkan Sentimental
Hi-Hi-Hi

BABY ACTION
Sono Toki, Sekai wa Kimi Darake no Rain
Appeltachi no Dengon

I love Burn, but if I could cheat and put the live version from the Budokan show I would.  Mami's guitar solo is cool, but the emotion in Haruna's voice sells it for me.  Not as much on the studio version.  I went with these two songs from Baby Action because they are underdog favorites for me.  I don't think we will ever hear either one of them live in the future.  Too bad because they both rock.

QUEENS ARE TRUMPS
Taiyou Scandalous
Koe

I'd like to include one of the live versions of the title song, especially the one where Haruna is strutting around with the bullhorn.  It showcases her in full Mick Jagger-peacock mode.  The visual does help, but like Burn from Budokhan her singing stands out.

ENCORE
Hoshi no Furu Yoru ni
Happy Collector

So hard to leave out SL Magic, Kimini Shittouchu and Want You, but we are limited to two.  In all fairness, Encore is almost long enough to be a double album.  We should be allowed to pick four for this one.  

STANDARD
Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne
Orange Juice

If I could add Metronom I would.  Kagen no Tsuki also deserves to be in my list, but the two I picked are two of my favorites.  Orange Juice is the song I most want to hear them play live.  It's punchy and it swings so well.

HELLO WORLD
Onegai Navigation

Could have been the hardest album for me to narrow down to two songs because it's my favorite album (for many reasons), but surprisingly it was easy to get to just two.  Every member is kicking ass on both of these tunes, particularly Mami and Rina.  BTW, Onegai Navigation is my favorite song of their entire catalog, so this was a no-brainer.  

YELLOW
Suki Suki
Sunday Drive

I could have cheated and put Your Song in here since I couldn't squeeze it in from Hello World, but I do prefer the Japanese-sung version.  That being said, it is still the best song on Yellow.  Suki Suki is the next best, and Sunday Drive makes me feel very happy whenever I hear it.

HONEY
Platform Syndrome
Koisuru Universe

As much as I love the album tracks on Honey as much as the singles (particularly Futari, On! No!, and Over) these two songs are the best back-to-back singles they ever put out.  Sometimes I can't decide which one I enjoy more because they both absolutely rock.

SCANDAL SHOW
BEAUTeen
Scandal no Theme

This is where I could have made up for not including Doll and Shoujo S from the first album, but it seemed like cheating especially since the two I picked don't appear on any other album.  It may be short but Scandal no Theme is huge on punk attitude.  They got so much raw swagger in this one you'd think they were channeling Richard Hell and Johnny Thunders collectively, but I doubt Scandal knows who they are.

SCANDAL (Greatest Hits)
Freedom Fighters 
Flashback no. 5

As with my picks for the QAT album, there is not much I can say about these two tunes that others haven't said already.  Flashback was so good on the Stamp single that it gave me hope Yellow would be a more rocking album than it was.  

I am finally going to cheat and include two more songs that don't appear on an official full-length album to have been properly considered:

Rainy (from the Departure single)
24 Jikan Plus no Yoake Mae (from the Awanai Tsumorino, Genki de ne single)

Last edited by Don Dio on Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:46 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed typo)

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:30 pm

hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I added "R-GIRLs ROCK!" to my playlist. I'll post it here too:

• R-GIRLs ROCK!: Rock n Roll Widow | Secret Base

This one was kind of easy. Although it's a really short album and every song here is really cool, these two are easily the best for me. But as Don Dio said, if Don't Say Lazy was here, it would be instantly included, probably replacing Secret Base.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:37 am

3mania

3mania

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@ Don Dio
How could I have missed 24 Jikan Plus no Yoake Mae?  It's one of their best. Maybe we could send Mami a copy of "Love comes in Spurts".

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:27 am

hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I made another change to my list. Pride is no longer my second choice for Baby Action, now it's Very Special. I changed this section on the original post Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:45 am

Sven28

Sven28

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
So i will make a list now too.

BEST SCANDAL: Scandal Baby, Shojo S

Tempatation Box: Everybody Say Yeah, Shunkan Sentimental

BABY ACTION: Haruka, One Piece

Queens are Trumps: Koe, Harukaze

ENCORE SHOW: -, Playboy

STANDARD: Overdrive, Awanai Tsumori no, Genkidene

Hello World: Departure, Oyasumi

Yellow: LOVE ME DO, Sisters

Honey: Platform Syndrome, Take Me Out

I think the best album is Hello World, but I heard of some people hear, where Hello World is at least the second best album. I think most persons here has STANDARD
as their favorite SCANDAL Album

Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! RUlExeI
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:47 pm

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
choosing from thirteen albums… SCANDAL is so damn interesting, they try so many different things.. amazing how different the fans choices are too, i guess that just reflects the wide range of SCANDAL’s work. … hate making “favorite” choices but broke down and did it anyway:

space ranger and kagerou
yumemiru tsubasa and sakura goodbye
hello! hello! and aitai
rock ’n’ roll widow and secret base
burn and  tokyo skyscraper
harukaze and pride
queens are trumps and bright
natsuneiru and shining sun
kagen no tsuki and standard
image and onegai navigation
sunday drive and heaven na kibun 
switch and one piece

short short and mado wo aketara

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:37 am

hohenheim

hohenheim

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Made another update, this time to Yellow! Edited the first post to reflect that.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:33 am

Tuba

Tuba

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
2 songs per album is hard... let's see

BEST SCANDAL: DOLL, Sakura Goodbye
Temptation Box: Shunkan Sentimental, Aitai
BABY ACTION: Love Survive, Haruka
Queens are Trumps: Koe, Welcome Home
ENCORE SHOW: SL Magic, Koshi Tantan
STANDARD: 8-Gatsu, Kagen no Tsuki
Hello World: Image, Departure
Yellow: Stamp, Love me Do
Honey: Over, Mado wo Aketara

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 27, 2019 6:59 pm

AntaBaka

AntaBaka

Caless Student
Caless Student
Favorites change from time to time, obviously.
Some songs grow on me after a while, some are catchy at first, but become less interesting over time. So... here is the current snapshot.

Yah!Yah!Yah!
- Space Ranger
- Kagerou
Okay, I cheated a bit because those are on BEST as well...

BEST*SCANDAL
- Shoujo S
- Hitotsu Dake
This was a very tough one to whittle down to two...

TEMPTATION BOX
- Shunkan Sentimental
- Playboy Part II

R-GIRLS ROCK!
- Rock'n'Roll Widow
- DAYDREAM

BABY ACTION
- Sono Toki, Sekai wa Kimi Darake no Rain
- Scandal Nanka Buttobase

QUEENS ARE TRUMPS
- Pin Heel Surfer
- Harukaze

ENCORE SHOW
- S.L. Magic
- Hoshi no Furu Yoru ni
Too many too chose from... ugh... (Koshi Tantan, Kimi ni Shittochuu)

STANDARD
- Awanai Tsumori no, Genki de ne
- Standard
Again... many more to chose from.... (Hachigatsu, Kagen no Tsuki)

HELLO WORLD
- Onegai Navigation
- Kan Biiru

YELLOW
- Heaven na Kibun
- Your song -English ver.-

HONEY
- Oh! No!
- Electric Girl

Black MAMI best MAMI - fite me.
Your own "Greatest Hits" Playlist! Mami_s10
Back to top Go down