Back to top Go down

Re: Digital Single - 「Saishuuheiki, Kimi」
Posted Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:26 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@wildthing

Yes I was just reading it was never finished.....sad.

Digital Single - 「Saishuuheiki, Kimi」 - Page 3 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:09 pm

izzy

izzy

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I guess there are Scandal's fan forums in Japan, how do Japanese fans react to the new song?

There are a lot of comments in English about Auto-Tune and I wonder if in Japan, fans of the band have the same debate?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:25 pm

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
izzy wrote:I guess there are Scandal's fan forums in Japan, how do Japanese fans react to the new song?

There are a lot of comments in English about Auto-Tune and I wonder if in Japan, fans of the band have the same debate?

Yeah, I saw a lot of disliking on Twitter about the auto-tune, it wasn't that bad

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:15 am

Lombres

Lombres

Caless Student
Caless Student
So they tweeted in English to ask international fans if they like the song! I hope they didn't use autotune 'cause the thought international fans like it

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:17 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
Yes they dont use autotune that much in Japan, I wonder what inspired them to use it ?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:34 am

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Arrangement is by MAMI. I'm sure they decided to use auto-tune to build the sound she wanted. And it works, doesn't it. This is the girl who dreamed of becoming an architect. She grew up to become an architect of music.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:04 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@etwee

All four of the girls have a lot to admire, I can remember when I was a better bass player than Tomomi but not now.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:20 am

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

tonymiller wrote:Yes they dont use autotune that much in Japan, I wonder what inspired them to use it ?

Oh, they use it as much as Americans or anyone else. And Scandal themselves use it a lot; you probably just don't notice it. That's supposed to be the idea. But it's easy to hear in many of their songs if you're listening for it.

When it's used in the way it is in this song, you're intended to hear it. But normally you're not. But it is definitely used in Japan.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:16 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@spacecadet

Oh OK, thanks for the info, I remember Cher was probably the first one to use it as part of the song with "Believe" in 1998.

Back to top Go down

Excellent point!
Posted Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:05 pm

USAadoresU

USAadoresU

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Don Dio wrote:I'll be redundant: I like the tune and melody, but hate the use of autotune.  A lot of modern American radio artists use this (often to mask the fact they can't sing) and I have never been a fan of the sound of it.  Fortunately we know Haruna can sing very well.  Looking forward to hearing this one live and raw.
Very well put! Haruna's voice has, and I pray, never will need any enhancement. I see the choice for autotune on this or any track as a color effect, like a guitarist would use a whammy bar or pedal board or what have you.

It's just another tool/toy in their repertoire. Just enjoy it as the way they wanted to present it. And the "live and raw" version will be that much more tasty!

Last edited by USAadoresU on Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : why not)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.