Hello everyone! [Page 2 of 2]

Re: Hello everyone!
Posted Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:38 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
MuftaK wrote:Thanks for another! I know that in one of her songs she plays on guitar.
I really admire drummers that can play and sing, it's not a small feat! And can I ask you why Rina is your favourite Scandal member?
Well, she is cute, funny, the most sociable of all members. I like her voice in the songs where she sings. She has many other talents and hobbies. Lately she writes most of the lyrics for songs, she has her own YouTube channel. And of course she's the best drummer ever, haha  RINA muah

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:16 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Meph1766 wrote:
MuftaK wrote:Thanks for another! I know that in one of her songs she plays on guitar.
I really admire drummers that can play and sing, it's not a small feat! And can I ask you why Rina is your favourite Scandal member?
Well, she is cute, funny, the most sociable of all members. I like her voice in the songs where she sings. She has many other talents and hobbies. Lately she writes most of the lyrics for songs, she has her own YouTube channel. And of course she's the best drummer ever, haha  RINA muah
I'm with Meph1766, why wouldn't you like Rina. She's an all round lovely person, I really admire her for her Daisy Project work and she replied to me on instagram once, even if it was just emojis lol!

TOMO sad  Please don't get upset Tomo, you're still my favourite!  TOMO yoshhh

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:30 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

TOMOmeow wrote:Hello Hubert! Welcome to SH and it's nice to meet you!

I'm Arthur from Manila, Philippines. I've been a fan of the band for seven years and probably the oldest of all SCANDAL fans in our country. I'm also a big fan of artists like Casiopea, Philosophy no Dance, Yoko Oginome, Chisato Moritaka, and Namie Amuro (Haruna's favorite singer).

Have fun and talk to you later!  TOMO plz

Hello and nice to meet you too, Arthur!
Judging by the artists you have mentioned, you are more into pop than rock, right?
Maybe I'm not a fan of that genre, but J-pop is the sole exception. Nana Mizuki and her "Eternal Blaze" was the very first Japanese song I have heard and it was almost an instant love :-) In overall, Hello!Project was also a big thing for me.

Meph1766 wrote:

Thanks for your elaborated reply!
Maybe she's not my fav Japanese drummer, but she's definitely the cutest one! It's a great sight to watch her hitting those cymbals and smiling at the same time  RINA smile
I really like her playing technique. It's not flashy, there's no unnecessery moves and it all fits perfectly with the rest of the group.
When I was watching KftD concert for the first time, I still didn't know their names, but I liked all the songs that had Mami&Rina tandem written as creators. 
I think she's a great lyricist and for me, her "Koisuru Universe" is among the best, maybe because you can interpret it however you like. Also, she should incorporate more piano into Scandal's song- she must be really talented starting so early (3 years old, am I right?).

GT wrote:I'm with Meph1766, why wouldn't you like Rina

No arguments from me! 
The more I listen to this band, the more I feel there's no such thing like a "favourite member". They all have such a charming and wonderful personalities! 
Sometimes I just feel bad for Rina- during concerts, she's so well hidden behind those toms and cymbals :-( And other members can practice their antics all the time (especially "Scandal Baby").
I won't go that route, and ask you why Tomomi ;-) ? But could you write, what is your favourite song sung by her?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:21 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
MuftaK wrote:

Hi, nice to meet you!
That looks rad :-) If I could only have one of them...
Does this Les Paul in your avatar belong to you? Is that the Mami model or just "an ordinary" Gibson? By the way, can I ask you some questions (nothing serious) about those guitars?  

Yes. I did something crazy as that wasn't its original colour - it is an actual Gibson Les Paul Standard from 2001 with a sunburst which I had it stripped and repainted by a professional guitar painter/tech. The person who did it knows his stuff and actually got the colour scanned EXACTLY to how Gibson makes the Pelham Blue paint (the actual Pelham Blue by DuPont is a shade darker which explains why some people couldn't get it right if they did it DIY).

I've posted the story about this last year:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Classic car owners get their cars repainted all the time. Same here.

MAMI wink

Oh yeah - if you have any questions about the SCANDAL guitars by all means, ask ahead!

~ CHECK OUT MY [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:37 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

GT wrote:I'm with Meph1766, why wouldn't you like Rina

No arguments from me! 
The more I listen to this band, the more I feel there's no such thing like a "favourite member". They all have such a charming and wonderful personalities! 
Sometimes I just feel bad for Rina- during concerts, she's so well hidden behind those toms and cymbals :-( And other members can practice their antics all the time (especially "Scandal Baby").
I won't go that route, and ask you why Tomomi ;-) ? But could you write, what is your favourite song sung by her?

LOL! Since you put a ? I'm going to tell you anyway, Tomo is just fun, sometimes emotional sometimes clumsy but just fun plain and simple. When I discovered SCANDAL last year I was having a rough time and seeing old videos of her antics on YouTube put a smile on my face and won my heart, I think the whole covid thing may have dampened her spirt a bit but now the band are starting to perform again the smile is coming back. I don't think she lost it, it just wasn't as full as it once was, I honestly don't think she's truly happy unless she's in front of an audience also the randomness of some of her posts on instagram tickle me!  TOMO hand waves  

Having said that and I could go on but I won't, all 4 members have a special place in my heart you just can't not like them, it's something special and I can't explain it.

Nearly forgot, to answer your other question I really like Laundry Laundry and Life is a Journey but it's probably Kan Biiru but the thought of someone leaving her like that breaks my heart.

I bet you thought I was going to say Kill the Virgin because she sings 'Love me tender'  ;-) but now that I come to think about it, lol !

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:47 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I also love "Kan Biiru" but the thought of somebody leaving Tomomi with just one can of beer always makes me sad Sad

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:21 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
kudo_maharizu wrote:Yes. I did something crazy as that wasn't its original colour - it is an actual Gibson Les Paul Standard from 2001 with a sunburst which I had it stripped and repainted by a professional guitar painter/tech.

I've posted the story about this last year.
That was a bold move! But I guess it was absolutely worth it, right? That must be my favourite Mami's guitar! I always loved Stratocaster, but I'm constantly changing my mind the older I get.
Thanks for those links- I always come across very interesting things on this forum.

So if I can ask you something- is it possible to change the colour of a maple fretboard to look like it's made from the rosewood? I just need it to look much darker, that's all.

P.S. I also looked at your blog- tons of interesting stuff :-)

GT wrote:LOL! Since you put a ? I'm going to tell you anyway, Tomo is just fun, sometimes emotional sometimes clumsy but just fun plain and simple. When I discovered SCANDAL last year I was having a rough time and seeing old videos of her antics on YouTube put a smile on my face and won my heart...

Having said that and I could go on but I won't, all 4 members have a special place in my heart you just can't not like them, it's something special and I can't explain it.

I bet you thought I was going to say Kill the Virgin because she sings 'Love me tender'  ;-) but now that I come to think about it, lol !
Thank you for your profound explanation! I'm genuinely interested in everything people are willing to write on this forum.

I won't lie, that I'm not too fond of Tomomi's voice. I know that it's super kawaii for many Japanese, but for my European ears it's too high pitched. But honestly, she has such a charming personality that it doesn't really matter. And just like you, she also helped me, but in a different way. After discovering how cool bassist she is, Tomomi brought back my joy to play bass again! 

And I might surprise you, but I didn't think about "Kill the Virgin" as the best because... I heard it for the first time only just when I had read your post (!) The same with "Kan Biiru" and few more songs...
I'm not worthy to be a fan...  TOMO sad

About the part where I have changed the colour- you're absolutely right and I think many of us feel the same. Scandal opened a special place in my heart as well, a feat that no other Japanese artist I have known for years couldn't achieve. And I suspect Scandal will never move away from there...

tonymiller wrote:I also love "Kan Biiru" but the thought of somebody leaving Tomomi with just one can of beer always makes me sad Sad
Let's hope it's only "licentia poetica". But I wonder, if the story would be true, and fans around the globe would know who that person is, I guess there wouldn't be a place on Earth where he could hide ;-)

By the way Tony (I hope you don't mind that I call you by your name), it seems that my father might be in a similar age to you. I bet you read it frequently, but you have a great music taste, listening to Scandal from their humble beginnings! My dad would never ever listen to any Japanese band, but when I think about it, maybe I should give him a chance ;-)

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:45 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
@MuftaK

Yes of course you can call me Tony and yes I am old Happy

I fell in love with Japan way back in 1980 after watching the Anglo American / Japanese production based on the Novel 'Shogun', and that included listening to Japanese music of course

My youngest daughter shares my love of all things Japanese but my son said Tomomi's voice makes him want to tear his ears off, oh well, you cannot win them all Happy

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:31 pm

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
tonymiller wrote:I fell in love with Japan way back in 1980 after watching the Anglo American / Japanese production based on the Novel 'Shogun', and that included listening to Japanese music of course
I watched and love miniseries Shogun, too. But I watched it some time later because I wasn't even born in 1980.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:59 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
MuftaK wrote:Thank you for your profound explanation! I'm genuinely interested in everything people are willing to write on this forum.

I won't lie, that I'm not too fond of Tomomi's voice. I know that it's super kawaii for many Japanese, but for my European ears it's too high pitched. But honestly, she has such a charming personality that it doesn't really matter. And just like you, she also helped me, but in a different way. After discovering how cool bassist she is, Tomomi brought back my joy to play bass again! 

And I might surprise you, but I didn't think about "Kill the Virgin" as the best because... I heard it for the first time only just when I had read your post (!) The same with "Kan Biiru" and few more songs...
I'm not worthy to be a fan...  TOMO sad

About the part where I have changed the colour- you're absolutely right and I think many of us feel the same. Scandal opened a special place in my heart as well, a feat that no other Japanese artist I have known for years couldn't achieve. And I suspect Scandal will never move away from there...

Don't worry about it you're still a fan. In the year I've known them I still haven't heard everything the band has done yet, but it's fun when you find something new.

The band reignited my love of music and pretty much like yourself I've picked up an instrument again. About four months ago I purchased a guitar again after not having touched one for twenty something years, I can safely say I'm enjoying the learning process much more this time around.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:45 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
tonymiller wrote:Yes of course you can call me Tony and yes I am old Happy

I fell in love with Japan way back in 1980 after watching the Anglo American / Japanese production based on the Novel 'Shogun', and that included listening to Japanese music of course

My youngest daughter shares my love of all things Japanese but my son said Tomomi's voice makes him want to tear his ears off, oh well, you cannot win them all Happy
Old? I believe age is just a number in the id, nothing more.

Sadly, I don't recall the moment I fell in love with Japanese culture, but "Shogun" sounds like a good start.

"Tear his ears off"? That's a very violent reaction, her voice is not THAT bad ;-) But it's great that you can share your hobby with another family member!
And about my disapproval, I don't know what's going on recently, but Tomomi is slowly winning me over with her voice. Just another fan who has succumbed to her charm, I guess...

Meph1766 wrote:I watched and love miniseries Shogun, too. But I watched it some time later because I wasn't even born in 1980.
"Shogun" is also older than me- I watched it as a kid in the early 90's. Don't remember too much, but I was really worried how Japanese inhabitants were treating poor R. Chamberlain's character. Good show, nevertheless.

GT wrote:Don't worry about it you're still a fan. In the year I've known them I still haven't heard everything the band has done yet, but it's fun when you find something new.

The band reignited my love of music and pretty much like yourself I've picked up an instrument again. About four months ago I purchased a guitar again after not having touched one for twenty something years, I can safely say I'm enjoying the learning process much more this time around.
After all I think that I'm a fan- in the last month I've bought Scandal's merch for almost 2/3 of my salary. I'm affraid september won't be different...

So it looks that I'm not the only one. This must be ,,The Scandal effect", no doubt about it :-) In my case I even had to change my bass guitar and buy one of the models that Tomomi has. She just looks so cool and inspiring with almost every bass she is using. TOMO peace

Also, is there any Scandal's song you like to play in particular?
And is that "infamous" Mami's intro to A.M.D.K.J. really that difficult?

P.S. Congrats on that meet&greet ticket!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:42 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
MuftaK wrote:After all I think that I'm a fan- in the last month I've bought Scandal's merch for almost 2/3 of my salary. I'm affraid september won't be different...

So it looks that I'm not the only one. This must be ,,The Scandal effect", no doubt about it :-) In my case I even had to change my bass guitar and buy one of the models that Tomomi has. She just looks so cool and inspiring with almost every bass she is using. TOMO peace

Also, is there any Scandal's song you like to play in particular?
And is that "infamous" Mami's intro to A.M.D.K.J. really that difficult?

P.S. Congrats on that meet&greet ticket!
I'm not even going to say how much money I've spent on these ladies in the last month alone, I don't think I want to know either. Lets just say it's a lot, LOL!

I want a blue Gibson Les Paul like Mami's MAMI heart Afraid I'm not playing any Scandal at the moment, I've been learning from scratch through JustinGuitar website as it's been so long since I played and that was for a short period. I suffered from the it's too hard syndrome but then what teacher starts off with Paradise City by Guns N' Roses as a song for beginners. Right now I can make my way through something that resembles Bob Marley - Three Little Birds and Ed Sheeran - Sing. I'll leave A.M.D.K.J to the pros for the moment.

P.S. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:31 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
GT wrote:I'm not even going to say how much money I've spent on these ladies in the last month alone, I don't think I want to know either. Lets just say it's a lot, LOL!

I want a blue Gibson Les Paul like Mami's MAMI heart Afraid I'm not playing any Scandal at the moment, I've been learning from scratch through JustinGuitar website as it's been so long since I played and that was for a short period. I suffered from the it's too hard syndrome but then what teacher starts off with Paradise City by Guns N' Roses as a song for beginners.
Well, I never liked money- I'm getting rid of it as fast as I can ;-)
But the weirdest thing for me is that Scandal has eclipsed all of my other hobbies. Since july nothing is more important than our beloved guitar quartet HARU excited  

That Les Paul is gorgeous! Kudo_maharizu is a lucky man (from few posts earlier).
In your opinion, who has better/cooler guitars, Mami or Haruna? And it's good to know about this website- it's only a time when these two ladies mentioned above will convince me that I need a guitar ;-)
And (un)fortunately I don't have any teacher so I never had "too hard syndrome". I'm just playing easier songs instead :-) Except my family, no one has heard my miserable attempts.
Good luck with your learning (to both of us, actually)!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:01 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
MuftaK wrote:Well, I never liked money- I'm getting rid of it as fast as I can ;-)
But the weirdest thing for me is that Scandal has eclipsed all of my other hobbies. Since july nothing is more important than our beloved guitar quartet HARU excited  

That Les Paul is gorgeous! Kudo_maharizu is a lucky man (from few posts earlier).
In your opinion, who has better/cooler guitars, Mami or Haruna? And it's good to know about this website- it's only a time when these two ladies mentioned above will convince me that I need a guitar ;-)
And (un)fortunately I don't have any teacher so I never had "too hard syndrome". I'm just playing easier songs instead :-) Except my family, no one has heard my miserable attempts.
Good luck with your learning (to both of us, actually)!
I think I prefer Mami's selection of guitars but both her and Haruna have some wonderful looking instruments in their musical arsenal.

I am however tempted by Tomomi's Fender Precision Bass just for collection purposes, I may have to start saving LOL! and of course I know she would would never part with him but Yuusuke-kun is nice.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:12 pm

MuftaK

MuftaK

Caless Student
Caless Student
GT wrote:I think I prefer Mami's selection of guitars but both her and Haruna have some wonderful looking instruments in their musical arsenal.

I am however tempted by Tomomi's Fender Precision Bass just for collection purposes, I may have to start saving LOL! and of course I know she would would never part with him but Yuusuke-kun is nice.

Just a few weeks ago I was very close to order Haruna's signature Telecaster, but at the right moment my common sense persuaded me that I don't need a guitar on which I can't even play. Instead, I focused on finding a suitable bass (mission accomplished, btw!) :-)
You mean Tomomi's signature model? I call it "nutella&peanutbutter" bass. It's still available for 120 000 ¥ on a few Japanese sites. I wanted that model as well, but ended up with something a tad different.
And before that, I was completely fine with my "old" Ibanez!
I don't know what kind of hidden messages Tomomi is sending, but it works! TOMO peace
Be prepared for the earthquake in your wallet! 
And Rina has the same power- now I'm trying to save for her signature snare drum!
Now I know how those poor people addicted to gamble feel- "no, I don't need to spend my last money, I just want to do it" ;-)

Back to top Go down