Posted Sun Oct 02, 2022 4:41 pm

CanardPlayer

CanardPlayer

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Hello, my name is Guillaume, i'm a 23 years old French man.

How i discovered SCANDAL ?

I discovered the band about 4 month ago, at first it was in the middle of an other musical discovery (a Japaneese singer, KOKIA, (i was just blow away by her voice btw)), the first song i heard of SCANDAL was "Shunkan Sentimental" trough Youtube, i was like OK this a masterpiece, i've added this to my "to check really soon" list of music/games/films i keep but being pretty busy i didnt checked the other musics for like 2 weeks.

Then, while checking for any KOKIA events on France, i didnt found anything scheduled, but while searching i found that SCANDAL was in Paris, i immediately listened to their popular song on spotify, "Shunkan Sentimental", "Shojo S" and "HARUKAZE".

While "HARUKAZE" was still playing the concert ticket for Paris 27 september 2022 venue was already bought, i wont deny that at first it was a bit to compensate that no KOKIA event was planned but deep inside i knew that i really liked the 3 songs i listened to and i would love the concert.

I listened and bought their recent albums, "Mirror" and "Kiss From the Darkness", as well as older ones like "Temptation Box" and "Baby Action" but not too much because the concert was like 2 month ahead i  choosed to not listen too much to be fully exited for the Concert.

My experience at the concert

I went to the Concert at Paris with a good friend of mine (friend that i introduced to SCANDAL 3 month ago), while waiting, the people there where really cool and friendly, that was cool to know that the audience is like that, some merch was aviable, i bought a Tee shirt, a towel and a keychain for the memories/souvenir.

The place was pretty small (900 people capacity i belive) and i was in like the 5 row so i had a good place.

The 4 girls showed, saluted the public and started by Mirror, and oh boy, from there, i had chills the whole time, Mirror was such a good fit for opening the show that right now i have hot tears remembering the scene.

As for the songs, i really liked the songs of Mirror even if they are seen a little less of a good fit for theses kind of show, i liked the more "Classic" songs too, having "LOVE SURVIVE" was such a prefect surprise.

Before the 2 last songs, Haruna made a speech, mostly mostly in Japaneese that made them very emmotionnal, they where in tears, especially Tomomi, if someone was there and have a translation of what Haruna said, i would be happy to know.

I took my car to go back home the next day on the evening, i was in a strange mood, amazed by what happened but a little sad because its ended, i was still vibing, remembering the show and having some hot tears on the way back.

I'm really looking forward to hear them again.

An other thing, i was really impressed by how they performed, it amazed me how they really are 200% into it, Rina was moving so much while playing her hair was sometimes completly covering her face.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Here is a cool pic i took, i dont have a lot of pictures but i took some to have digital memories too, but living the thing is more important.

My favortie songs ?

Well i dont even listened carefully to every album yet but here so there is some missing but here is my favorites from the different albums/sigles/EP i have and listened:

Mirror:
01 - MIRROR
07 - Yuugure, Tokeru
08 - Ao no Naru Yoru no Sukima de
12 - SPICE

Kiss From the Darkness:
04 - Saishuu Heiki, Kimi 
10 - A.M.D.K.J
11 - Tsuki

BABY ACTION :
03 - LOVE SURVIVE
05 - BURN

TEMPTATION BOX :
01 - EVERYBODY SAY YEAH
02 - Shunkan Sentimental
05 - Namida no Regret
06 - Hi-Hi-Hi
11 - Aitai

PRIDE :
01 - Pride

As for the rest, i didnt have listened enough to make a list, my other albums are comming, i've just bought every album so i will take my time to listen every album 

My collection

The pic is a mess becasue i received a lot of CDs recently and i'm awiting for my CD showcase shelf so here we are :

I hope it wasnt too boring to read me.

I'm really looking forward to see them live again, have a good day everyone.

Guillaume

Last edited by CanardPlayer on Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:17 pm; edited 5 times in total

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi, i'm finally here
Posted Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:53 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Welcome to SH Guillaume, or William if you lived in the UK like me Happy

Wow, I can tell you really like SCANDAL, I have been a fan almost from the beginning and I think you have more of their stuff than I do.

We are all here because we love SCANDAL and their music, my favourite is Tomomi as you can see and I also play bass, but I would much rather watch her play bass.

I enjoyed your review of the Paris concert, I have been lucky enough to see them live in London although sadly not this time.

Hope you have fun here Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:23 pm

CanardPlayer

CanardPlayer

Caless Student
Caless Student
Thanks for your warmth welcome,

I'd be happy to talk with some people here, i knew about SH before, their translations are very much apreciated, seing some nice people at the concert made me take the step to register on the forum.

As for a favorite member, honestly i cant really choose (i'm the type of guy who usually cant pick a favorite) plus dont even know enough for now.

I'm being intrested in Japanese culture for quite some time now (by taking into account my age), first by playing mostly J-RPG from like 2017, now the music side of Japan (that i began being intrested by because of hearing them in video games) really intrest me more than ever (and more than any music ever before) and the whole country history intrest me.

Now that the "doors" of the country has re-opened, i'm willing to go there and need to learn some basic of the language to go first, this will be a really long way but better and easier done now than later, hopefully next time i will be able to understand at least glance of Haruna speech.

This would be amazing if i can go there while SCANDAL and KOKIA would have a performance scheduled on the same month, but its really asking a lot, but maybe Happy .

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:32 pm

GT

GT

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

Welcome to SH Guillaume I'm Gary nice to meet you.

I discovered SCANDAL around 2 and a half years ago now it was Masterpiece, I became an instant fan and also fell in love with Tomomi  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

I went to the London show and was lucky enough to have a VIP ticket came face to face with Tomomi managed a hello then lost the ability to speak  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  

When I returned home the following day I cried as you did as a range of emotions surfaced, it was a magical evening they really are special and dear to me I can't find the words sometimes.

Seeing your collection I keep meaning to post mine that I've gathered over the last couple of years.

Enjoy your stay here HARU heart

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:58 am

Andy666

Andy666

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -

Hello and welcome to SH Guillaume.

Like you this year was my first time seen Scandal Live in London, I was blown away by the way they played. Haruna also made a speech mix English/Japanese, even we may not understand we cheer anyway for she was wee bit emotional with it.

I also do not have favourite it; I think each of them are great in their own way.

If things go well, I should be able to go to Japan next March.

Last edited by Andy666 on Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing words)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:35 am

harurob

harurob

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -

Welcome to the forum Guillaume, that's a really cool intro!

You will have a great time discovering SCANDAL's discography, I remember the excitement of hearing all their albums and singles for the first time.

My favorite songs (the list keeps changing) include Ai No ShoutaiYuugure Tokeru, NEON TOWN ESCAPE, SAKURA Goodbye, Kagerou, Hikare, HELLO, OVER... 

ENCORE SHOW is the album I've been listening the most recently.

HARU rock

SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2020 “Kiss from the darkness” Livestream [2020.08.21]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL 『SEASONS』 collaborated with NAKED Livestream [2020.12.24]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL 15th ANNIVERSARY LIVE 『INVITATION』 at Osaka-Jo Hall Livestream [2021.08.21]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 

SCANDAL live at ANIME FRIENDS AF20 “Live in Brazil” at Distrito Anhembi, São Paulo [2023.07.16]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:31 am

etwee

etwee

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -

Yo Guillaume 
Yeah Welcome. You should search out SCANDAL doing interviews too. Here they are on a half-hour Japanese TV show with French subtitles—it was around ten years ago...
(Wonder if you like Requin Chagrin, i found out about that band earlier this year.)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 09, 2022 9:04 am

CanardPlayer

CanardPlayer

Caless Student
Caless Student
You thanked this post! -

etwee wrote:Yo Guillaume 
Yeah Welcome. You should search out SCANDAL doing interviews too. Here they are on a half-hour Japanese TV show with French subtitles—it was around ten years ago...
(Wonder if you like Requin Chagrin, i found out about that band earlier this year.)

Hello !

This is definitely something that intrest me,  i'll watch that, i've read many articles but i didnt found videos interview without english or french translations, their carrer amazed me just by looking about their wikepedia page, 4 friends, unknown, playing in public in front of the place they dreamed of playing in and acheiving that immense goal later, even tho at this time i've only listened to like 5 of their musics, that made me emmotionnal just reading that.

About the band you mentionned, i didnt knew before you mentionned it, i'll check that too.

Thanks for infos

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 30, 2022 12:38 am

MeridianCurse

MeridianCurse

Caless Student
Caless Student
Hi Guillaume!

I had a lot of fun reading your introduction and I can relate a lot! Next time they are playing in Europe, I will try to catch every gig and come to Paris, too! :-)

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 30, 2022 7:59 am

Meph1766

Meph1766

International Performer
International Performer
https://www.setlist.fm/user/Meph1766
You thanked this post! -

Hello and welcome!
Thanks for the great introduction.
I've been in Berlin and Paris like you and it was really great!
And very nice CD collection! I collect them too RINA gotcha

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.