You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

RinaJa

RinaJa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://rinaja90@gmail.com
EugeneAng wrote:I asked the cameraman who was taking a video of us (the SH group) outside before the security chased us away and he said that they're planning to have a DVD.

Look forward to it guys.

Uwaah, that DVD version better be out soon!!

Ahh... I want to see them live in bodukan.. T_T

Back to top Go down
ganstream1

ganstream1

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://www.ariefzainal.com
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

That 10 minutes drum solo by Rina is titled "Towards a peaceful tomorrow".

It was a song made by her teacher, Yamashita Masato.

Source: http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/drums_yamachan/52932294.html (it's in japanese though)

"With ticket, it took us 5 minutes to get from Shiroten to Osaka Jyo-Hall. But for SCANDAL, it took them 6 years."
Back to top Go down
pacrimguru

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
^ wow, thanks for that info ganstream1.

Back to top Go down
RinaJa

RinaJa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm very curious with the drum solo of rina and the full dance number of nanka!!! uwaaahhh!!! LOVE

CANTA Angel
SCANDAL FOR LIFE!!!

SCANDAL JAPAN TITLE MATCH LIVE 2012 「SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN」 - Page 7 ?ui=2&ik=f23aae3d3a&view=att&th=1387b0d9012cb55c&attid=0
Back to top Go down
bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
^ we can wait for a dvd Happy

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
SCANDAL JAPAN TITLE MATCH LIVE 2012 「SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN」 - Page 7 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Ferdinand

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
After hearing about the DVD, life become much more brighter.
SCANDAL JAPAN TITLE MATCH LIVE 2012 「SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN」 - Page 7 688108
for me at least.

Back to top Go down
Yassu

Yassu

International Performer
International Performer
I hope the price will be as well as the DVD =D

Stupendous
Charismatic
Almighties
Nice
Dazzling
Awesome
Lovely

SCANDAL is more than a band, it's a passion

==>Census of SCANDAL fans<==
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
climhazzardx13 wrote:I noticed that Haruna's voice is still struggling in singing whenever they do live performances.

She sounded the same as always to me during the show... I think if you picked out any random 20 seconds from one of their earlier live DVD's, she'd sound the same as in the videos posted above. She's not a technical singer so sometimes she's a little off live, but usually she sounds good. I thought they sounded really good at Budokan, better than in the videos we've seen so far. I'm sure they'll sound great when the DVD is finally released.

As a band (not just Haruna), they really sounded MUCH better during the show itself than in these videos. These videos are really badly mixed. I hope the DVD is better but their previous ones sounded good so I'm confident it will be.

Back to top Go down
320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
spacecadet wrote:As a band (not just Haruna), they really sounded MUCH better during the show itself than in these videos. These videos are really badly mixed. I hope the DVD is better but their previous ones sounded good so I'm confident it will be.

I think the DVD will be better too. When they released a couple songs quickly on MTV from the ESY tour the audio was bad, with stuff like some feedback on Tomo's mic being way more audible than it was even live. On the DVD they cleaned all that up.

Social networks: Twitter, Facebook
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
320x200 wrote:I think the DVD will be better too. When they released a couple songs quickly on MTV from the ESY tour the audio was bad, with stuff like some feedback on Tomo's mic being way more audible than it was even live. On the DVD they cleaned all that up.

Yeah, they can do wonders with the audio in post-processing these days Happy

But I really thought they sounded great at the show - and they were heavy! The guitars were VERY loud and snarling, Haruna seemed to be using really a lot of distortion. In the news videos, they sound really wimpy compared to what I experienced at the show. It sounds basically completely unmixed to me.

As for the vocals, I never felt like Haruna was off-key or straining any more than usual... and the harmonies sounded great. There's something about a show like that, when you've got these loud, heavy guitars and then these girls just belt out a perfect harmony (like in Scandal Baby or something)... it's like being punched right in the chest, but in a good way. Everything sounded pretty much perfect at the show itself, although obviously some of that was probably me just being caught up in the moment Happy

Back to top Go down

Ferdinand

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
EugeneAng wrote:I asked the cameraman who was taking a video of us (the SH group) outside before the security chased us away and he said that they're planning to have a DVD.

Look forward to it guys.

You guys are very brave eh? especially you are in foreign country. If I was there I will laugh when the security chases us out. SCANDAL JAPAN TITLE MATCH LIVE 2012 「SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN」 - Page 7 56458 man, that must be a lot of fun.

spacecadet wrote:
320x200 wrote:I think the DVD will be better too. When they released a couple songs quickly on MTV from the ESY tour the audio was bad, with stuff like some feedback on Tomo's mic being way more audible than it was even live. On the DVD they cleaned all that up.

Yeah, they can do wonders with the audio in post-processing these days SCANDAL JAPAN TITLE MATCH LIVE 2012 「SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN」 - Page 7 628112

But I really thought they sounded great at the show - and they were heavy! The guitars were VERY loud and snarling, Haruna seemed to be using really a lot of distortion. In the news videos, they sound really wimpy compared to what I experienced at the show. It sounds basically completely unmixed to me.

As for the vocals, I never felt like Haruna was off-key or straining any more than usual... and the harmonies sounded great. There's something about a show like that, when you've got these loud, heavy guitars and then these girls just belt out a perfect harmony (like in Scandal Baby or something)... it's like being punched right in the chest, but in a good way. Everything sounded pretty much perfect at the show itself, although obviously some of that was probably me just being caught up in the moment SCANDAL JAPAN TITLE MATCH LIVE 2012 「SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN」 - Page 7 628112

I'm really going to wait for the DVD release, it seems like going to a an awesome DVD.

Back to top Go down
chiy102

chiy102

International Performer
International Performer
spacecadet wrote:
climhazzardx13 wrote:I noticed that Haruna's voice is still struggling in singing whenever they do live performances.

She sounded the same as always to me during the show... I think if you picked out any random 20 seconds from one of their earlier live DVD's, she'd sound the same as in the videos posted above. She's not a technical singer so sometimes she's a little off live, but usually she sounds good. I thought they sounded really good at Budokan, better than in the videos we've seen so far. I'm sure they'll sound great when the DVD is finally released.

As a band (not just Haruna), they really sounded MUCH better during the show itself than in these videos. These videos are really badly mixed. I hope the DVD is better but their previous ones sounded good so I'm confident it will be.

Although I did not manage to join in the Budokan trip, I did go for the Asia Tour Live last year. Just wanna say I also think Haruna sounded perfectly fine during the live, somehow in many of the videos we see her voice sounds like she is struggling.

Just glad to hear that she really sounded good from one of the Budokan participants here.

Anyway, happy for fellow SH members to have enjoyed yourselves. A bit late in my post haha~~

Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
chiy102 wrote:Although I did not manage to join in the Budokan trip, I did go for the Asia Tour Live last year. Just wanna say I also think Haruna sounded perfectly fine during the live, somehow in many of the videos we see her voice sounds like she is struggling.

Most singers do struggle a little bit live, and there's a lot more to think about/do while you're singing (she's not singing and dancing and playing at the same time on the albums) so it's never going to sound quite the same. Live, most singers have to sing louder too, which limits range.

I was surprised when I saw the videos because I didn't think she sounded like that live, but I've been wondering if the wireless mics actually made it harder for her. Normally she doesn't have to walk or run or really dance while actually singing, but she was doing all those things at the Budokan show. A mic stand plants you in place and actually makes you sing in the right position for your body; that's why most bands use them (it's not like those wireless mics are hard to get or so expensive). At Budokan, she was having to sing while moving around a lot and in all sorts of contorted neck and body positions. Even just looking up or down, it's going to affect vocal range. She was doing a lot more than that at Budokan.

Back to top Go down
Alistare

Alistare

Caless Student
Caless Student
Rina-chan rocked a 10 minute drum solo that left audience members captivated. LOVE

I wish I was there to see it. .dies.

read about it here. http://www.jpopasia.com/news/scandal-rocks-nippon-budokan::10645.html

There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil Gaiman

Speaking of hearts, mine is in Japan. With Mami-chan! LOVE
Back to top Go down
PAulfromAustralia

PAulfromAustralia

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.stormcellar.com.au
Scandal rocked the Budokan...but those clothes and hair were to me a distraction form their true beauty.....and that is the only criticism i could ever make about the girls. I suspect it wasn't their idea any, they looked a but shy esp Mami, haruna well she is a born popstar , nothing phases her : )

Did anyone else think that , or is it just LOL

EDIT:

Re audio at Budokan, thanks Space cadet for letting us know the show was
pumping guitars. I dont watch that mix on you tube too wimpy. I KNEW
the girls would never sound like that live. they have good techs and
mixers, so it aint gonna be wimpy , ever.

Hope the good audio goes up soon. : )

Last edited by EugeneAng on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Double posting)

Back to top Go down
alrick13

alrick13

Jpop asia entry about the concert

During the fan event, a preview of the girls’ “SCANDAL vs. BUDOKAN 2012” was shown. The girls were able to watch the concert video while in the dressing room, “I was a nervous wreck, I have this gachigachi face from the start,” Haruna commented, she also added that her heart was still pounding while watching the opening part of the concert. “I remember how and when some performances got bad,” Rina said with a laugh.

http://www.jpopasia.com/news/scandal-talks-about-their-nippon-budokan-concert-for-the-1st-time::11517.html

SCANDAL JAPAN TITLE MATCH LIVE 2012 「SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN」 - Page 7 AzwBVmg
SCANDAL x miwa
Back to top Go down
320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
She must mean "badass". Wink

Back to top Go down
RinaJa

RinaJa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I don't know which section to share this news, so yeah, Ill put it here!
The Scandal vs Bodukan Title Match will be Aired in Wowow on July 22, 2012 @ 11:00!!!

http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/6774139/

Kyaaah!!!

CANTA Angel
SCANDAL FOR LIFE!!!

SCANDAL JAPAN TITLE MATCH LIVE 2012 「SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN」 - Page 7 ?ui=2&ik=f23aae3d3a&view=att&th=1387b0d9012cb55c&attid=0
Back to top Go down
Usagiwong

Usagiwong

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
RinaJa wrote:I don't know which section to share this news, so yeah, Ill put it here!
The Scandal vs Bodukan Title Match will be Aired in Wowow on July 22, 2012 @ 11:00!!!

http://news.livedoor.com/article/detail/6774139/

Kyaaah!!!

Can we watch this program on internet?

Back to top Go down
320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Usagiwong wrote:Can we watch this program on internet?

It's on a paid cable channel in Japan, so the only way to watch it live is if someone in Japan streams their TV online.

Back to top Go down
RinaJa

RinaJa

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Wahhh, I hope someone would do that.. XD

CANTA Angel
SCANDAL FOR LIFE!!!

Back to top Go down
Boom1205

Boom1205

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I watch this on youku and i really want to watch the full one

Hope they can perform in ph to.

SCANDAL JAPAN TITLE MATCH LIVE 2012 「SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN」 - Page 7 Mami_s10
Back to top Go down
DUL7

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
alrick13 wrote:Jpop asia entry about the concert

During the fan event, a preview of the girls’ “SCANDAL vs. BUDOKAN 2012” was shown. The girls were able to watch the concert video while in the dressing room, “I was a nervous wreck, I have this gachigachi face from the start,” Haruna commented, she also added that her heart was still pounding while watching the opening part of the concert. “I remember how and when some performances got bad,” Rina said with a laugh.

http://www.jpopasia.com/news/scandal-talks-about-their-nippon-budokan-concert-for-the-1st-time::11517.html

320x200 wrote:She must mean "badass". Wink

.clap. Yep, Haruna was pretty much badass in that concert. Nice one

Back to top Go down
320x200

320x200

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
If anyone's thinking about doing a Haruna cosplay, I hope you saved your Maryland newspapers from 2006...
SCANDAL JAPAN TITLE MATCH LIVE 2012 「SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN」 - Page 7 Beltway

Back to top Go down
DUL7

DUL7

International Performer
International Performer
^ woah. so those are from real newspapers/news articles? o.O and is printing news articles on your shirt legal? xD

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum