SH USA - May'n Concert
Posted Thu May 17, 2012 12:39 am

Anemayfan

Anemayfan

Caless Student
Caless Student
May'n. Key Club - Los Angeles. 21 June 2012. Doors open at 6:30pm

I'm planning on attending and wanted to see if any other SH USA members will be there. SH USA - May'n Concert 591571

Following SCANDAL isn't just fandom, it's a way of life. /common
Back to top Go down

Re: SH USA - May'n Concert
Posted Thu May 17, 2012 2:41 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

There is also a show in San Francisco two days later: http://www.yoshis.com/sanfrancisco/jazzclub/artist/show/2695

Very odd show time, at 2:30 pm. There's even another show later that night, a jazz trio. I don't plan on going to the May'n concert, but it would be interesting to see the clash of two very different fanbases.

SH USA - May'n Concert 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 17, 2012 5:42 am

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer

Oh wow, I am a huge May'n fan, she was amazing with the 'Macross
Frontier' music.
But I cannot afford to go to the USA just to see her !

SH USA - May'n Concert Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 17, 2012 5:54 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I looked ahead of the calendar after Stereopony and saw May'n listed as well, but man it's bad timing for me... A co-worker just quit earlier this week so I'm stuck covering him for about a month or two, until we get someone trained to take over his position...

Kinda bad since the branch manager said it'll take up to a month or two, which might roll over onto the conventions too... boo... We'll see though, I'll go if I'm off, but I fell out of the pop scene so I might just take it super easy at this show...

SH USA - May'n Concert Shsig3
"Quitters fall down and stay down... Winners fall down and keep rolling"

"Drummers have stamina!!!" - Pedro Jimenez

"Oh! Ah you! Metal Boy!" - Rina
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 17, 2012 11:26 am

Lale

Lale

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
I can drop by with the 40$ ticket if I have enough cash, I'll let you know :>

SH USA - May'n Concert Slide-13
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 22, 2012 5:17 am

zimbobbio

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
down to go, and i think pacrimguru among others is planning to go as well. i like the idea of more j-music artists coming out here to perform so ill do my part to support them here SH USA - May'n Concert 924158

SH USA - May'n Concert Tokyos10

On the 4th of July, 2011, I held Tomomi's hands in mine... FIREWORKS!
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue May 22, 2012 7:49 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
It's looking good on my end, there should be a new guy taking up the slack at my work in 2 weeks time, but it might be cutting it real close since we still have to bring him up to speed at my branch...

So my chances of going did jump up a few notches, but I'm not in the clear just yet...

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:34 am

Anemayfan

Anemayfan

Caless Student
Caless Student
May'N was awesome live, but I already knew to expect that because I had already seen her live during AX 2010 along with Megumi Nakajima and Yoko Kanno. Her live band was very good as well and a fun time was had by everyone who was at the KeyClub.
I really do love May'N's voice. I must admit though that I probably only recognized about 1/3 of the songs she sang. The only Macross Frontier songs were "Lion" and "Diamond Crevasse". She had a good mix of Pop and Rock songs and the concert reconfirmed how much more I love Rock over Pop. Her live band was really good and overall the concert was fun.
I wish I could've met other SH members that may have gone, but the concert "snuck up" on my schedule and I got lazy about organizing something. I was listening to the radio rip of "Taiyou Scandalous" on repeat while waiting in line to pump me up for the concert. The KeyClub was a nice little venue, but it would probably be too small to accommodate a SCANDAL concert based on the turnout during AM^2 2011.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:09 am

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^ Oh that's right! You were there too!

A handful of us made it to the show but likewise we didn't make any further announcements on it as it started getting closer to showtime... Usually I'm obnoxiously loud during cheers, intermissions, etc., but I was super pooped when I arrived at Key Club, so I took it easy and spectated the entire night...

Actually I kinda surprised everyone by showing up out of the blue because I said I was occupied with a bunch of other things... HA HA! I chilled out on the left side of the stairs behind the rest of the guys and went back & forth from the bar a few times, if you recall seeing a tall guy with a beer in his hand around that area... Right in front of the Anime Jungle "Staff" guys also...

Nonetheless the show was bomb! I felt a lil off beat coming to the show since I haven't listened to Jpop for like ages but it was pretty nostalgic hearing all the songs in ol'school psychedelic anime'ish fashion... Happy Definitely we'll keep better tabs on whatever next show so that we can meet up before hand and all that good stuff...

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:13 am

GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
How was the attendance? I was considering going to the San Francisco show, but I decided to do something else later that day, and I've kinda been spending too much money lately (gotta save up for Taiyou, Budokan Blu-ray, and the new album!). I'm curious about the turnout because I didn't hear of many people being interested in the concert outside of Fanime, where there was a booth set up by the concert promoters.

SH USA - May'n Concert 2_crop10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:29 am

Anemayfan

Anemayfan

Caless Student
Caless Student
The L.A. concert felt pretty full. The venue was small and cozy though so it wasn't a huge crowd, but it felt full. Maybe 80+ people. I was in the middle of the floor and there were about 30+ squeezed in front of me and my brother around the stage with a lot more behind us.

@bigOeyez there were a couple tall guys and a few liquored up so not sure if I spotted you or not SH USA - May'n Concert 591571
My bro and I brought traffic lights for the concert and I'm pretty sure we out shined all the glow sticks there SH USA - May'n Concert 641818

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:04 am

zimbobbio

zimbobbio

International Performer
International Performer
Had an awesome time at the concert, the place was pretty packed, definitely way more people than the Stereopony show. After she MCed in english and I found the right opportunity in between songs I yelled out "eigo wa subarashi!" (dunno if that's completely right or not but figured i'd get the point across haha) and she smiled and yelled back "Arigatou!!" so i technically had a conversation with her SH USA - May'n Concert 641818

also the end was awesome where she had the lights put on the audience and she went from face to face thanking everyone for coming individually. i thought that was really special, and she seemed to geniunely be having a blast at the show. Also at that part i lifted my gf on my shoulders and May'n gave her a special shout out thanks muahaha

@Anemayfan hope we get to meet you at another event! i probably saw you because i definitely noticed the SUPER bright lights cause i remember being jealous of them haha, where do you get those from??

SH USA - May'n Concert Tokyos10

On the 4th of July, 2011, I held Tomomi's hands in mine... FIREWORKS!
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:26 pm

bigOeyez

bigOeyez

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
@ A.Fan: Yeah I wasn't my usual self so I didn't make a big scene to rise above the crowd at any point... Which kind of worked out because I had a LONG weekend following the show...
Onion Tea
Now that I think about it, today is the only break I get until things start cracking again til after SDCC... blehh...

@ Zim: I kicked myself afterwards about not screaming out or anything during that final MC section because it was pretty dead when she came over to that side... Like I mentioned above, that would have been the perfect chance to show some mad love... DAMN IT!!! I denounce my "Megaphone" title... for the time being... Happy

REDEMPTION WILL ENSUE LATER!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:29 am

Anemayfan

Anemayfan

Caless Student
Caless Student
@zimbobbio I found them on ebay. I got them in preparation for SCANDAL's hopefully return to the US and decided to test run them at the May'n concert. They're freakin hand torches & bright as hell... I love em SH USA - May'n Concert 641818

Back to top Go down