You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

funk_you22

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
my opinion about the queens are trumps album..its awesome...they evolved with their sound but the genre is still there..and i find it very interesting to listen to. because it's like i'm listening to different genres of music, but it's Scandal that i'm listening to..made me proud to be their fan..they've grown and learned a lot in such short period of time..i hope they will be together till the end..and also am hoping to see them live..hope to see them playing these songs in live performances..

and btw..tomo's voice in the song kill the virgin..really fits with it..hehe..so kawaii..

..and before the full songs was released,,some guy on fb already commented to the songs basing on the previews he heard..and i remembered he said,..they were kind of dull..and i told him that it was just a preview and its not yet the final thing, it's just giving the fans an idea of what songs are for this album..and i was right with that..the songs came out and it was all awesome...
I just can't resist listening to Koe, and Bitter Chocolate though,, they give me the most goosebumps,,..

especially in the part where tomo sings the "aishiteru" and the "i love you" in Bitter Chocolate..hehe

..of all the songs in this album.. i can feel the emotion placed in these songs....i don't know about you guys but for me.. this two songs are now my favorite..of course i love all scandal songs..but this two are my best picks for this album..hehe

Nice one

me want you..
4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 248620_543230782354814_1332185272_n
4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 Scandal_logo_stamp_by_haritomi-d5it41e4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 Mami_stamp_4_by_haritomi-d5iskhe
(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down
Ceej!~

Ceej!~

International Performer
International Performer
http://myscandalous-world.tumblr.com
so proud of their new album..

Hoping for more albums to come!! TOJ Onion

4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 Tumblr_nozfepuWf31tc12aio1_540
~ Morning Musume '15 ~
Yukirin Oshi / Sayumin Oshi
Back to top Go down
LieAnn

LieAnn

International Performer
International Performer
kaitanuva wrote:
9. Bright - I put the new 8 songs on shuffle. This song was last. Why do the good things always come last? This song is so emotional, old school rock, Haruna's hypnotic voice. Just perfection. I knew from listening to the preview that this was going to be good, but it exceeded my expectations tenfold. I'm talking mainly about the chorus right after where the preview ends. I was expecting wow but I got WOWOWOWOW. The highlight of the album. One of their best songs ever, if not (SCANDAL Baby might have to move over) 11/10

I scored it 1000/10. Haha lol just exaggerating, but honestly this song is very great! At my first round of listening I didn't even bother to finish this song because I was so hyped-up with Qat and Right Here. But when I gave it another listen, I was totally captured by the melody! And Haruna's voice is so lovely, and the chorus is much better when Tomomi joined in. And I'm really confused as to what I'm feeling whenever I hear Bright (before I knew the translated lyrics) because it makes me calm and depressed at the same time. Haha. But as of the present it is tied with QaT as my favorite song in the new album. Happy

4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 Haruka10
もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと、もっと声が聞きたいのに
何で、何で、何で、何で届かない
Back to top Go down
kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
^: P Bright was my most hyped song, followed by Bitter Chocolate. I must have a good "awesome song radar", cuz they're my top two songs from the album now

Bitter Chocolate might be the catchiest song in this album. I love the "ahh, ahh, ahhhh, ahh" part

4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 61185
Back to top Go down
parkel

parkel

International Performer
International Performer
The most hyped song for me was Koe (how many songs has Mami sang solo? :O), Right Here (currently my happy song) and Queens are trumps.

Somehow QAT has that very... Satisfying (sounds weird) feel to it.

4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 F14010103
こんにゃちわ!~
Back to top Go down
SCANlover

SCANlover

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://lunamikk69.tumblr.com/
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Congrats to SCANDAL for being the first female band to have 4 consecutive records (starting from their first album) in the Oricon Top 5! 4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 Oie_2510

1st『BEST★SCANDAL』(5th)
2nd『TEMPTATION BOX』(3rd)
3rd『BABY ACTION』(4th)
4th『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』(4th)

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/rankmusic/2017313/full/?cat_id=tw

4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 572615 4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 572615 4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 572615 4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 572615 4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 572615
There's nothing I can say to describe how good is this album for me.
My favourite song is Queens are Trumps 4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 12776

-10/01/2010- (avatar&banner by me) -HARUTOMO-
4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 1HIBZjB
Back to top Go down
bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
kaitanuva wrote:^: P Bright was my most hyped song, followed by Bitter Chocolate. I must have a good "awesome song radar", cuz they're my top two songs from the album now

Bitter Chocolate might be the catchiest song in this album. I love the "ahh, ahh, ahhhh, ahh" part

ohhh, we have the same taste! when i listened to the first seconds it instantly became my fave song. lol! and Bitter Chocolate and Koe too

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down
kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
hapihapi wrote:

ohhh, we have the same taste!

I guess it has something to do with being Rina fans (music for Bitter Chocolate and lyrics for Bright)...Yes that must be it...Rina loves these type of mellow songs like we do Nice one

Back to top Go down
Ryudo

Ryudo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.alexnowak.net
The songs I liked the most from this awesome album are:

1) Queens are trumps. I love SCANDAL more for their rock songs and this one is definitely awesome. I really love this one. 10/10
2) Rock'n Roll. Well, same as above but I think this one is a bit weaker than QAT but still a very very good song. 9/10
3) Koe. There are too few songs sung only by Mami. She did a great job with this one and she improved a lot since Ring!Ring!Ring! 8.5/10
4) Rising star. I really enjoyed the sound and the rythm of this song. 8.5/10

Back to top Go down
ハナビラ~

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
ok I also listened to the album now, my order is probably stuck in customs again so I couldn't resist anymore 4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 50249 all the songs are awesome! the only one that will take some time on me is Kill the virgin, I think. I can't really decide which song I love the most, but I think after listening to it for 2 times(lol), it's Right here. And I also love koe, bitter chocolate and bright... well, pretty much everything 4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 839664 And I know it'll get better every time I will listen to it.

上がり下がり 嘆き笑い 生きる
Back to top Go down
funk_you22

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

..I've said it a lot of times and I'm going to say it again..

AWESOME SCANDAL IS AWESOME!!

Nice one .dance.

me want you..
4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 248620_543230782354814_1332185272_n
4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 Scandal_logo_stamp_by_haritomi-d5it41e4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 Mami_stamp_4_by_haritomi-d5iskhe
(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down
Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
hi guys i`m new here and about the album i could say that it`s very very good 4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 628112 4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 450165

4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down
metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
i received my HK version yest, like FINALLY!!! although i listened to everything long before that already .common. anyway my comments on the songs, which i have been putting off for a long time due to exams..

1) QAT - what else can I say, exactly what i expected from them. 10/10
4) Rock N Roll - from the moment i heard breaking glass at the very front, i knew this was going to be epic. some say QAT is better, but I think this is better IMO. my favourite song of the album. 11/10
5) Bitter Chocolate - not that bad, but nothing spectacular IMO. 7/10
6) Kill the Virgin - wasn't really what I expected from that kind of title. and almost nothing but tomo, not my stuff. TOMOMI fans will kill me, but I can't listen to her high pitched voice for too long. 6/10
7) Koe - MAMI sounds pretty good, and the music isn't that bad also. 8/10
8) Rising Star - Nice uplifting song, but I didn't really like the chorus. 7.5/10
9) Bright - Didn't really think much of it at first, but the chorus sounds good, especially the end. The more I listen to it the more I like it. 9/10
12) Right Here - Nice happy song IMO. 8/10

4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down
GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Finally got the photobook edition! I didn't get a folder or card though, just the sticker. I managed to avoid listening to all but a few previews until now. Listening to it right now, but it's late here so I'll come back and write comments later.

4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 2_crop10
Back to top Go down
kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
My CD+DVD came today! My challenge was off by 3 days...oh well.

Apparently there isnt any difference in sound quality between the actual songs and downloaded songs...oh well lol now I can listen without guilt

Back to top Go down
funk_you22

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
kaitanuva wrote:My CD+DVD came today! My challenge was off by 3 days...oh well.

Apparently there isnt any difference in sound quality between the actual songs and downloaded songs...oh well lol now I can listen without guilt

yeah..no difference in the sound, but i really envy you right now (if that's the right word for it) because the total BIG difference there is that, you have the CD and a DVD..which came from them, that you can hold, hug, look at the cover image, and even put it in a frame to show to others,..and that's the missing part in the downloaded songs..I hope on their next album I can buy their CD too..and I would really do that..

Actually I already have all of their songs in my phone, but I feel that there is still something missing..and I know... the real thing.. the CDs and all.. are the missing things that i feel..

well..sorry if i got off topic..hehe..

Queens are trumps is an awesome album..hope to see and hear them play the songs live...
.love.

me want you..
(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down
Sabroni

Sabroni

Caless Student
Caless Student
I have mixed feelings for this album, but mostly positive. First the bad: too many songs with no writing involvement from the girls. The DVD photoshoot video is good but the videos for Almond crash and dobondondo and the dance instruction felt like filler, not enough SCANDAL on the DVD.
On the plus side: This is the first album since Best where I like the production on every song. Baby Action was ok except for the singles but every song on Queens are Trumps is well produced and passes the "Play it loud" test! Queens are Trumps (the track) has to be the most metal sounding tune the girls have ever done. Mami's vocal on Koei is the most confident she's ever sounded, it's great to hear her singing so strongly. Tomo's vocal on Kill the Virgin is epic, I'm a big Tomo fan because I think she has the best emotional range and she nails this one! Overall it's a solid rock album that I've had on repeat since it arrived!

Back to top Go down
nashaa

nashaa

Caless Student
Caless Student
The album actually took a couple of listen to grow on me. I seem to be in the minority here (or am I the only one? lol) But now I absolutely love it. My favourite songs would be Bright, Right Here and Rising Star. My least favourite is Koe (again I seem to be the only one XD). It's not the problem with the song, I just feel that Mami's voice doesn't really suit with this type of song. Too high for her voice.

Recently Listened Tracks
4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 Nashaa
Back to top Go down
funk_you22

funk_you22

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
...we all have our own different point of views in this album..but what we all agree on is that..this album is freakin' awesome...
Nice one

me want you..
(c)d3nise or (c)haritomi
Back to top Go down
GeoFreak

GeoFreak

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I’ve listened through the album 3 times, so I’ll comment on each track now. I’ll also include the single songs, since I never really commented on them when they came out.

Queens are trumps: Definitely the most “hard rock” song they’ve played. When I heard the opening riff I thought, “There’s no way Mami played this.” Then I saw that Yoshio Nomura was a guest guitarist, which explained it. I still hope Mami can someday become that awesome on guitar, though. I’d like to see them do a collab performance on Bokura no Ongaku or something. I like the song overall, except for the auto-tuned vocal part in the bridge.

Taiyou Scandalous: When I heard that it would be a “party rock” song, I was afraid it would turn into something too dance/hip-hop influenced, like Party Rock Anthem. However, my fears were allayed when I heard the song’s catchy pop rock sound. The PV is one of their best produced ones, too.

Pin Heel Surfer: I like the melody and guitar/bass/drums. The violins set the tone of the song, but I wish they were a little less prominent. I originally thought Rina sang the high vocal part at the end of the chorus, but it was just Haruna using her new vocal style to sing higher notes. The PV was a nice change of pace; the girls looked great and a got a chance to show off their dance skills, especially Haruna. I’m a little disappointed that they didn’t write the lyrics, especially considering how this is supposed to be a “girls’ fight song”.

Rock’n Roll: I like it overall. Yuichi Tajika also composed Shunkan and Scandal Baby, so I like that kind of pop rock sound. A little too much synthesizer, though. Sparkly sounds in “rock and roll”? The live version will probably exclude those, like how Shunkan is played live without synth effects.

Bitter Chocolate: Yay, a song composed by a member! Rina really let herself show off on the drums in this song. This is what I like, guitar/bass/drum-driven pop rock. Tomo sounds good, and I especially like when Haruna and Mami sing together.

Kill the virgin: It’s going to take me a long time to get used to this song. I don’t like the heavy electronic effects on all the instruments, and the whispered part of the vocals. It took me a while to get used to another Hajimetal song, Kimi ni Shittochuu, but the only part I disliked was the bridge. Kill the virgin… can’t say that. Least favorite song on the album.

Koe: MAMI LEAD VOCALS!!! She sounds great, and I can tell she practiced hard to put some more emotion/expression in her singing. Her darker demeanor and vocals are what made me like her at first, but this is nice too. I like the guitar sound a lot too. Favorite song on this album; can’t wait to sing it at karaoke. I’ll probably skip Kill the virgin a lot to get to this song.

Rising Star: Back to the upbeat pop rock sound I love SCANDAL for. The drums are really impressive on this song; I look forward to seeing Rina playing it live.

Bright: Yuichi Tajika strikes again. I like this slower, more mellow sound as well. It suits Haruna’s vocals well. My second favorite album-only song, tied with Bitter Chocolate.

Welcome home: I’ve listened to it for a while now, so I like the song quite a bit. However, when I first listened to it, I didn’t really like the sound of the bassline. I know Tomo uses an active bass, so she pumps up the treble frequently, but it sounded too twangy and dry in this song. I liked the sound better live where it wasn’t so trebley. I really like Mami’s guitar sound, though. I’m surprised they put a B-side on the album, but I guess they like this song a lot, the same reason they put Switch on Scandal Show.

Harukaze: It’s been quite a while since this song came out. I remember when I first heard the TV size Bleach OP, it seemed a lot more poppy than SCANDAL’s other songs, but I’ve grown to like it.

Right Here: It’s catchy, but it feels weird listening to it because it sounds way too much like Semi-Charmed Life by Third Eye Blind, obviously because of the doo-doo-doo part. Of course, that pop-punk sound is a big part of what SCANDAL plays.

Overall, I like the new album songs. Most of my criticisms are really nitpicky things that don’t detract too much from my overall enjoyment of the music. I’m a bit disappointed by the number of songs where no members were involved in writing lyrics (3). I hope there will be a concert DVD released this time; unfortunately, one never came out for the Baby Action tour so we never got to see many of those songs played live.

Whew, that was longer than I expected it to be. Congratulations if you read through all of this.

4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 2_crop10
Back to top Go down
nashaa

nashaa

Caless Student
Caless Student
Koe actually warmed up to me. I don't mind it as much now..lol

Recently Listened Tracks
4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 Nashaa
Back to top Go down
ハナビラ~

ハナビラ~

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
@GeoFreak I agree, Kill the Virgin really is hard to get used to. But I find myself liking it more and more everytime I listen to it, especially the "I wonder ai ga nan da?" part is great. Although Tomo sings really high in this song I like it much more than in Houkago 1H.
Right now my favorites from the album are Bitter Chocolate, Koe and Right Here.

上がり下がり 嘆き笑い 生きる
Back to top Go down
TomomixOgawa

TomomixOgawa

International Performer
International Performer
My photobook was only delivered yesterday - which is extremely late for me considering my orders from CD Japan usually arrive within 5 days, so I have only been able to listen to the full album fairly recently. The songs that I found most catchy and became my instant favourites from the album were Bitter Chocolate (great rhythm and guitar riffs, and if course Tomo's cute voice really suited :3 ), Queens are Trumps, Bright and Right Here - however the whole album managed to impress me. imo this is the best album they've produced so far. I found it kind of bizarre though how they added Welcome Home to the album... oh well that doesn't me detract from the enjoyment of this album. Happy

Back to top Go down
skywing-SM

skywing-SM

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Gotta say, I really like all of the song in this album. Yes, even the old ones as well. Kill The Virgin's gonna take sometime getting used too though. But nonetheless, good :D
As of now, my favorite songs would be Rock'n Roll (The "I wanna be your Rock'n Roll" part is still stuck in my head XD), Bitter Chocolate, and Rising Star (The chorus is very catchy :D)

4th Album - 『Queens are trumps -Kirifuda wa Queen-』 - Page 20 Sca_si11
Back to top Go down
spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Sabroni wrote:I have mixed feelings for this album, but mostly positive. First the bad: too many songs with no writing involvement from the girls. The DVD photoshoot video is good but the videos for Almond crash and dobondondo and the dance instruction felt like filler, not enough SCANDAL on the DVD.

Yeah, I kind of felt that way too, especially about those two videos. Why did they even do another video for dobondondo like this?? The first one was so much better!

I have a feeling there's something about that dance instruction video that we're not "getting", though. Like... who is that guy? (Maybe I missed it in another post.)

Queens are Trumps (the track) has to be the most metal sounding tune the girls have ever done.

Which is why I'm a little surprised everyone likes it so much... it just doesn't sound like them to me, and it's actually not. The first time I heard it I said "this sounds like an Ayumi Hamasaki song" and sure enough, it's Yoshio Nomura playing...

Mami and Haruna might also be playing on it, but I actually think it's all him.

I like a lot of the other songs on the album now, but QAT isn't my favorite. I think Bitter Chocolate's probably my favorite, and I'd love to hear the girls write more music themselves. That song made me immediately pick up my guitar to learn to play it Happy

It also somehow reminds me of The Pillows, which isn't a bad thing.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum