Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

Re: How did you discover SCANDAL?
Posted Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:46 am

Isabella_Piano

Isabella_Piano

Caless Student
Caless Student
Because I'm so "Original" from Bleach, been a huge Bleach fan since like idk 2006 so as soon as the 10th opening came out aka Shoujo S I was obsessed -- actually one of the few openings I hated because I didn't like how the female characters were being portrayed but the actual song rocked my socks off and I was sold since then.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:42 pm

mumu

mumu

Caless Student
Caless Student
from my friend that really otaku one around 2010 .

"Queens don't reach the top just by being cute" - Queens are Trumps
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:36 am

acquy1311

acquy1311

Caless Student
Caless Student
I'm fan of Bleach (like the most people here :D). I first saw Scandal in MV Harukaze and immediately fell in love with them (specially Mami  .love.)

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 22 Scandal-20130503
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:36 pm

ChrisFTW

ChrisFTW

International Performer
International Performer
Let's see,while watching tv a commercial for Windows 8 came up.I thought the song was pretty catchy so I searched for it.Search results came up and it's titled Satisfaction by "Scandal".Pretty weird name I thought at first.Then after a few months of ignoring the band,I decided to continue watching the last arc of Bleach.And the opening song was of course Harukaze,again by the band "Scandal".I searched for the MV on youtube but found a performance from Animax.Also I didn't find them attractive at first but a guy on the comments section said the drummer was cute,I watched it again and she was my first bias.I then ignored the band once again til the summer of 2014 where I was watching random MVs and saw the name "Scandal" again.This time though I got hooked and and never let go again.They proved to me that "Third time's a charm",and now it's my turn to prove them that there's "forever". .love.(Sorry for the long post. XD)

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 22 Scanda13
"À Mon Seul Désir"
"Atashi no tatta hitotsu no nozomi"
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:31 pm

NikkoNakamura

NikkoNakamura

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It all started...in the fourth grade. I was always that kid who wanted to be different, especially in music taste. It was also the time when I started watching anime (seriously this time, up until then, it was somewhere along the way where I found out that stuff like Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, and Bakugan were considered anime, but that's a different story) like Initial D, etc, now you think I might've discovered them because of Bleach or FMA, but I really just discovered them on my own on YouTube. I became a really dedicated fan and I absolutely love Scandal with all my heart. (pretty cheesy, but, hey, it's true.)    .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:47 pm

androidboy

Caless Student
Caless Student
FMA...then scored some tickets to a show for free and checked it out...didnt think of it much...
years later..i finally got around to finish fma and then "rediscovered" the band...

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:57 pm

Athrunjess

Athrunjess

Caless Student
Caless Student
I got to know SCANDAL through my friend who asked me to go to the 2013 concert in Singapore with him.... never look back since then

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 22 Athrun11
cr: TreacherousChevalier
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:04 am

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
androidboy wrote:FMA...then scored some tickets to a show for free and checked it out...didnt think of it much...
years later..i finally got around to finish fma and then "rediscovered" the band...

That's cool that you got some show tickets for free. Which venue and series was it?

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:31 am

annykatt

annykatt

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
IWuvScandalX3 wrote:Scrolling on youtube and searching for a Don't Say Lazy by HTT Cover. I came up with the Scandal cover and so I was curious. I clicked it and started to like it. >w<

This is the same way I discovered SCANDAL. Since I really, really loved all the K-On! songs because of the awesome basslines. Anyways, after the Don't Say Lazy Cover I started listening to all the other SCANDAL songs, and so I'm here.  Wink

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 22 JOuETv5
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:18 pm

SoulSnatcher911

SoulSnatcher911

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
Way back 2009, my classmate on college who loves to watch any sort of anime introduce to me Scandal through a MV of Shoujo S which not a type of music I want at that time until we graduate.
(My music before is limited to post-hardcore and little bit of heavy metal)

Afterwards, it was late 2013 when I discover Scandal by recommended videos on Youtube - the first video that I watch is Shunkan Sentimental... but I am more hook by Awana Itsumorino Genkidene.

And then it is a month that I realize that Shunkan was used as opening song for Full Metal Alchemist (the anime that my sister currently watch at that time). I don't really watch animes a lot (and my sister is just influence by her colleagues in college)... and Shoujo S (for Bleach - my sister is only the one who watch the anime, I'm just hook by the song).

And month afterwards.. I realize this is the band that my friend recommended to me when I was in college... and Scandal is also the one who sing Satisfaction - a song used in commercial for Microsoft Windows 8 here in Philippines (I am a techie guy - by profession and choice)

And then December 2013, I register myself to this forum because I don't want to go outside for New Year.. and I am disconnected from an online game I being play. But I become active since August last year if I am not mistaken

That's all.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:14 pm

KaminariShock

KaminariShock

Caless Student
Caless Student
i discovered SCANDAL by watching anime convention videos from an asian country i don't remember which one but they had the red school uniform on with black hair, peeked my interest, listened to the music ' now they had my attention. they've come a long way through the years. 

I loved rina at first sight but now mami is starting to win some points. lol 

SCANDAL 4ever !

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 22 SBSyT11     

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:12 am

Ererdenebayar

Ererdenebayar

Caless Student
Caless Student
I discovered SCANDAL by song name SHUNKAN SENTIMENTAL ending song of FMAB I just loved the song and started to listen this band. I was really liked MAMI and her guitar skill because i'm interested in guitar hardly. Tongue

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:06 am

hana_no_koi

hana_no_koi

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
It all started when I was roaming through anime with my homie and he showed me Fairy Tail. I listened to the first opening theme and I loved it. So I looked it up on YouTube and in the suggestions part, SCANDAL's PV for Image was there and I clicked on it because it looked interesting! After listening to the song, I wanted to see what the rest of their stuff sounded like. I got so hooked that I started downloading all the their music spending lots of money and now I'm forever addicted to them!! .clap.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 22 Standa16
Stay Standard My Friends   .cool.
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:15 am

tomorocks

tomorocks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I was always a big fan of the Bleach anime. So when Shojo S became the opening theme, I liked it and decided to look up the band who sang it. I basically went to youtube and looked up some of Scandal's live performances. After that, I became hooked and began keeping track of their music releases and activities. The funny thing is that, after becoming a fan of Scandal, I quickly realized that I had previously heard Shunkan Sentimental on the Fullmetal Alchemist anime prior to that. But, back then I didn't know who Scandal was, so I kinda put it out of my mind for a while. Either way, I still credit Bleach as being my "true" discovery of Scandal.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:06 am

Haikezeh

Haikezeh

Caless Student
Caless Student
Watching Bleach basically, but I re-discovered them on the start of summer 2015 when I was looking for the best japanese music out there and I did found it =D

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 22 Ruby_s11
1st Scandal Concert - Barcelona European Yellow Tour 21/09/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:50 am

hoooolio

Caless Student
Caless Student
i used to be a huge fan of the band ZONE, so when i saw another girl band i figured I'd check it out, i needed to fill that gap left by ZONE disbanding. But this happened right when for some reason i just stopped listening to Japanese music and went back to only listening to Western music for years. Then i rediscovered Scandal because of Erika Toda. A few months ago i started watching Jdramas again, Erika Toda was always a favorite of mine so i followed her on instagram and saw the pictures she posted of Haruna and Scandal, looked up scandal on youtube and thats how i discovered/rediscovered scandal

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:12 am

truefan

truefan

Caless Student
Caless Student
I often go to a local music coffee restaurant to enjoy coffee and music. The restaurant hires a dedicated band to perform there every night. The lead guitarist of the band usually plays a same cool guitar riff whenever he checks his guitar sound. I really wanted to know which song that guitar riff is from but I've never had a chance to talk to him.

One day, a friend posted on my Facebook a video of 4 little girls rocking the stage. The video was from SCANDAL's Temptation Box tour and they were playing the song SCANDAL BABY. And wait, there was something familiar(?!?) Yes! The guitar riff that I like is from SCANDAL BABY! I finally found it! Then I started listening to their songs and became their big fan.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:27 am

fieora

Caless Student
Caless Student
Well, my favorite band of the last 13 or so years is The Brilliant Green but lately, they haven't been putting out any music.  I decided to check out recommended videos and Scandal's Stamp! came up first.  I really enjoyed that song and video, so I checked out their 3 different youtube channels, and the few videos I clicked on where also good.  So I bought the stamp single on iTunes and the Hello World album.  Right now my favorite scandal song is flashback no.5, it is really fun.  Second place goes to onegai navigation.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:39 pm

fieora

Caless Student
Caless Student
hoooolio wrote:i used to be a huge fan of the band ZONE, so when i saw another girl band i figured I'd check it out, i needed to fill that gap left by ZONE disbanding. But this happened right when for some reason i just stopped listening to Japanese music and went back to only listening to Western music for years. Then i rediscovered Scandal because of Erika Toda. A few months ago i started watching Jdramas again, Erika Toda was always a favorite of mine so i followed her on instagram and saw the pictures she posted of Haruna and Scandal, looked up scandal on youtube and thats how i discovered/rediscovered scandal
Hey, I've heard a bit of ZONE, True Blue is a really fun song to play on guitar!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:55 am

rachel_snsd48

rachel_snsd48

Caless Student
Caless Student
Funny story ((:
I was obsessed with AKB48 in like 2012/2013.
They had this performance at I think Request Hour and also YuruYuru where Myao, Miichan, Kitarie, and Sasshi performed Secret Base (parody). 
Basically, there are two versions of Secret Base- the original and Scandal's rock-pop oriented cover. 
AKB48 parodied Scandal's version and there were multiple fan wars among the comments. I then went to check out what the fuss was about and I discovered Scandal's cover of Secret Base. 
Since then I was hooked and that's how I discovered SCANDAL. 

tldr; Thanks AKB48.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 22 HXANjwi
Back to top Go down

How did I discover Scandal ?
Posted Mon Jan 11, 2016 4:07 pm

PAulfromAustralia

PAulfromAustralia

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://www.stormcellar.com.au
Well, a Japanese female friend sent me some Perfume clips because she knew I liked Nakata's Capsule work, so i immediately scouted all the Perfume stuff available and eventually came upon an interview with them , and attending were 4 young schoolgirls, all cute and copying the Perfume dance routines. Of course not understanding much Japanese , I assumed they were members from  a fan club of Perfume.

Then crawling You tube I saw a pic of the 4 girls , went to a clip 2009 One Man Tour Scandal live , track Spaceranger, they hit the chord, the crowd was up...and i sat there with my jaw on the ground as they finished with the double  3 voice outro chant, the hairs on my arms stood up, and then the twin guitar finish.... and I was TOTALLY HOOKED from that moment on , to remain Scand-o-holic for ever ! 
.dance.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:54 pm

Hikari

Hikari

Caless Student
Caless Student
December 2009, I was randomly looking at the list of opening songs for Bleach. I stopped watching it 2008, so the last opening I know of was Alone. So, I thought I'd catch up with the new songs! As you'll know, one of the new opening songs was Shoujo S. When I first heard it (audio only), I was so hooked with their music! I especially loved the voice harmonizations~ I only played it a few times though.

A month after first hearing it, I just couldn't get the song out of my head, so I finally decided to go to youtube and check out who the heck is the artist of that glorious song! When saw these 4 girls rocking out in the rain, I just-- "Wow! They look so cool!" I looked for their other songs, ending up with their Shunkan Sentimental music video, and that was when I really started looking into SCANDAL~ At first, I just looked for their music videos (which wasn't a lot at the time). But they were so cool that I started to like them. Then one day, there in the recommended videos was a video of a live performance. THAT when I really got hooked! I thought they only danced in the MVs. I was wrong, and I love it! And, the rest is history.

Haha sorry, this turned out to be how I discovered them then became a fan....

So, back to topic: BLEACH.

.hi.
Back to top Go down

not BLEACH, for a change :)
Posted Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:30 am

bennycz

Caless Student
Caless Student
Was it fate or coincidence, I have no idea... When I started to try to learn Japanese, the website gave me some links on YouTube, I believe it was Perfume (or Hatsune Miku); then, among the "recommended" videos, I saw this super long song name and some pretty face, so I clicked... It was "Awanaitsumorino genkidene" and those 274 seconds turned my life around, as I was to find out later. I liked Rina especially at the first sight. But it took me some time to fall for them completely; I didn't like Tomomi's voice for the first three months or so; then suddenly something snapped and I went like OH MY GOD, SHE IS BRILLIANT, I LOVE HER SO MUCH! The moreI listened to them, the more I got obsessed... Well, guess most of you guys here know the story  Wink The fact that I am 34, married for [many] years and trying to become a father doesn't make any difference; God bless my wife for being quite patient about this and not giving me a hard time when I am obsessing over four beautiful young girls   Wink

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:11 am

Kagamimisan

Kagamimisan

Caless Student
Caless Student
It's been 2 years ago I was watching TV on J-on and I saw the groupe  singing " Shunkan Sentimental" at this time it was like a revelation... Awesome was the only word in my mind. Then I was on YouTube looking for the groupe but I forgot the name of the groupe or the song ... .fustrated.
3 mouths later I don't know how,  the video came to me , and since this time , everyday I listen to Scandal music . .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:08 pm

Tuturu

Tuturu

Caless Student
Caless Student
I said this when I first joined the SH Community I'll just post it again :D

I was looking to refresh my playlist and asked a friend to put good songs in my player. I'm a late bloomer otaku and my friend knows it so she proceeded to put anime soundtracks and songs like m-flo in the list. I was listening to the list and heard SAKURA GOODBYE, I then googled SCANDAL but it yielded NSFW results LOL I searched again along with the title this time, thus here I am.

How did you discover SCANDAL? - Page 22 5785e610
I listen to Timo's RICH bass everyday
.dance.  
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 24]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum