SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」
Posted on Wed May 15, 2013 1:45 am

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

In collaboration with the site of the Japanese convenience store Family Mart, SCANDAL is coming out with an original Indian-style curry called "SCANDAROUX," which will be available exclusively on famima.com (for Japanese residents only).

"At any rate, we love curry!" SCANDAL, who are getting their mouths ready, have completed an original Indian-style curry called "SCANDAROUX" in collaboration with the convenience store Family Mart's shopping site famima.com.

Each set comes with 5 boxes of curry and is priced at 2,625 yen.

http://ent2.excite.co.jp/music/special/2013/scandal2
http://www.famima.com/shop/c/cscandal/

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

2011.07.03 SCANDAL @ AM2 -Anaheim, CA
2012.03.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN @武道館
2012.11.03 SCANDAL HALL TOUR 2012 @愛知
2012.11.04 SCANDAL HALL TOUR
2012.11.10 SCANDAL @ Happy MUSIC Live 2012
2013.03.03 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 @大阪城ホール
2014.06.01 Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2014
2014.06.02 SCANDAL Fan Meeting
2015.04.25 SCANDAL WORLD TOUR 2015「HELLO WORLD」 -Paris, FR
2015.04.26「HW」-London, UK
2015.04.30「HW」-Essen, GER
2015.05.15「HW」-Chicago, IL
2015.05.20「HW」-Mexico City, MEX
2015.05.22「HW」-Los Angeles, CA
2015.05.23「HW」-Anaheim, CA
2016.01.12 SCANDAL ARENA TOUR『PERFECT WORLD』@武道館
2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
2016.05.21 Welcome Fan Meeting
2016.05.22 SCANDAL @ Honolulu Ekiden & Music 2016
2016.05.23 Farewell Fan Meeting
2016.08.21 SCANDAL 10th ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL @泉大津フェニックス
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」
Posted on Wed May 15, 2013 2:17 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
So they did help with the meal it seems, they worked on it to give it a special taste they like. Mami was probably the boss on that subject

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
[GAME] FUN with SCANDAL on Memrise : http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8777-game-fun-with-scandal
[GAME] 2048 SCANDAL Editions : http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t10195-game-2048-puzzle-scandal-editions
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 15, 2013 8:41 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

Here's the interview:

Tasting

「I have no doubts anymore」(RINA)

Entering the room, the four of them say, 「It smells great~!」 and immediately head to the table that the curry is set up on. Not minding the pure white clothes they're wearing, they immediately say 「Itadakimaーsu!」

「I have no doubts anymore」(RINA)
「This is sーo delicious!」(HARUNA)
「This doesn't seem like packaged food」(TOMOMI)
「A stable taste」(MAMI)
A state of great satisfaction until the end.

The 4 of them have been curry lovers from the start, and when they're often asked they'll say 「I ate curry a little while ago too」(TOMOMI) (laughs). 「Still, I'd want to eat this because it's that delicious!」 The fussings of each of the 4 are reflected in this curry that the smiling 4 constructed. When we asked them...

「You can use it for butter chicken」(HARUNA)
「The meat is chicken」(TOMOMI)
「There are lots of vegetables」(MAMI)
「The spiciness is just right」(RINA)
And so, RINA, who isn't particularly good with spicy things, 「Even though it's mild, its spiciness doesn't hurt (my tongue or throat)」 is something she's particular about. Certainly, the "Mild but plentifully spicy!" notation written on the packaging is a perfect finish.

「Although it has a gentle flavor, it's perfectly spicy. It really doesn't have an impression like a so-called spicy curry」(MAMI)
「Since it has about the same spiciness and mildness, it doesn't have a throat stinging feeling. Also, the tenderness of the chicken is amazing! It's really delicious」(RINA)

「It's like a restaurant curry. You could eat it as many times as you'd like」(TOMOMI)
「We've been eating curry for a long time (laughs)」(MAMI)
「That reminds me of a long time ago. 『Let's set up a curry house』 was a conversation we had (laughs)」(TOMOMI)
「We did (laughs)」(RINA)

Eh!? SCANDAL had a business plan like that (laughs)!? Let's ask about the details.

「I especially love Indian curry. I go to various places to eat, I like it too much, and on a program we got to bake naan (laughs). Since everyone loves curry it was a joke, but we had a conversation about how 『It'd be great if we could start a curry house』 (laughs). So, our dream came true this time, in a sense (laughs)」(MAMI)
「We've done it (laughs). The acidity was a little strong in the beginning, so we had that alone fixed. We've completed something perfect!」(RINA)
「This goes well with rice and naan. Both adults and children can enjoy it」(TOMOMI)
「It's delicious even cold. Or rather, because we can convince ourselves it's a deliciousness that we almost didn't expect (laughs). It's something that I'd want to eat every day」(HARUNA)
「You can eat this even in the morning」(RINA)
「Yes, because it's not too heavy」(MAMI)

Packaging

「A package that makes your appetite grow」(TOMOMI)

Precisely because they've finished a flavor that's brimming with self-confidence, the package that becomes its "face" was also something that that 4 fussed over.

「First was "SCANDAROUX" as the name. We tried to come up with something with our band name and curry that would be easy to understand. Also, we tried writing the band name in katakana, which is something we haven't done in a while (laughs). We haven't since our indies days. And, we also fussed about where to place the small silhouettes of us that are on the bottom」(RINA)
「Since it's food, we talked about how a package that makes your appetite grow would be good. We didn't really have too many complaints about the color usage nor a delicious-looking feeling」(TOMOMI)
「It's the color of curry. The written characters too, rather than ones that look like written brush characters that we've often seen lately, we wanted to go with a slightly retro feeling; a sense of a ready-made pack of curry comes out」(MAMI)
「With those opinions, we left it up to our designer that always creates SCANDAL's CD jackets」(HARUNA)

I see; this is another "piece of work," isn't it. 「Holding this, I want to go greet the other appearing artists on the same day」(TOMOMI) is also what was said, and I'm sure they'd absolutely be pleased by that! It would also be useful abroad when you're not sure of what to eat.

Curry at home

「The ingredients would change based on the season at the time」(MAMI)

Just like the taste differs depending on which store, curry made at home differs as well. We asked the 4 curry lovers just what kind of curry they ate growing up.

「Ours was very ordinary. It was made ordinarily with (commercial) curry powder」(TOMOMI)
「RINA made sweet flavored curry. And since my mother liked it spicy, she would stir in curry powder. Then, we would of course add high-quality chicken breast meat」(RINA)
「We made sweet curry, and lots of vegetables would be added. Although we regularly put in carrots and meat and such, depending on what season it'd be we would use daikon radish, lotus root, and summer vegetables. Potatoes would become taro, and the ingredients would change based on the season at the time. But, we never leave out eggplant, tomatoes, and asparagus」(MAMI)
「The vegetables were pretty big, and the rest was ordinaryー」(HARUNA)

Although the magic of curry is when you want to eat and you won't be satisfied unless you eat something, it can be troublesome when it comes to going out to eat, and that can be difficult if you're stretched thin when it comes to making something elaborate.

「Yes, yes. That's why I think this would be especially great for those living on their own」(RINA)
「Although making something carefully in a large pot is delicious, there are times when you think "I want to eat this right now!"」(TOMOMI)
「I seriously recommend this for people like that!」(HARUNA)

Summing it up

「If you eat this once, you'll definitely want to keep buying it」(HARUNA)

The 4 said, 「I'm happy that we were able to make something satisfying with our first curry」 and 「Delicious!」 from beginning to end while eating up everything on their plates. Lastly, let's tell the readers about the flavor of that pickiness and taste!

「I think you can really feel it just by the words "Mild but plentifully spicy! An addictive deliciousness with plenty of vegetables!" written on this package. It's definitely not deceiving, and because it's more delicious than you'll expect it to be, its taste will exceed your expectations! It's so delicious!」(RINA)
「Is making delicious, genuine butter curry at home not possible? This is perfect at times when you don't want to go out to eat!」(MAMI)
「There aren't very many ready-made packs of Indian-style curry. With a light brown European-style curry powder, the taste is relatively typical... What!? It just so happens that it's not the first time something genuine like this has been in Japan!?」(HARUNA)
「HARUNA is investigating (laughs)」(TOMOMI)
「You don't see it that often (laughs). But this is a great recommendation for those who want to eat Indian-style curry right now!」(HARUNA)
「It's sold as a 5-pack set? I won't get tired of eating this 5 days in a row (laughs)!」(TOMOMI)

I also was able to sample the food, and the taste certainly did exceed my expectations. Although I've heard that food in pouches itself is delicious, to think it's that good...! The chicken falls apart as you put it in your mouth, the texture of the vegetables that are left in a firm shape, and the curry sauce still lets you experience the deliciousness of the spices even in its mildness. This limited edition set of 2000 is a bit of a waste. Or rather, it's absolutely not enough! That's what it really means.

「Even the members would be good with around 500 sets (laughs)」(TOMOMI)
「Even though it'll go on sale, I think it'll disappear in a flash (laughs)」(RINA)
「If you eat this once, you'll definitely want to keep buying it. This should immediately be a regular Family Mart product (laughs)(HARUNA)
「This would be absolutely delicious with a croquette or curry pan. And after this, a summer festival...etc.」(MAMI)

A curry lecture that doesn't stop even after you've finish eating (laughs). "SCANDAROUX," the Indian-style curry that the their love for curry is packed into, will be on sale from 5/14 on Family Mart's shopping site famima.com! Check it out right now!!

2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed May 15, 2013 10:33 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks for the translation, some parts are funny

Didn't expect it to be a limited edition

[GAME] FUN with SCANDAL on Memrise : http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8777-game-fun-with-scandal
[GAME] 2048 SCANDAL Editions : http://www.scandal-heaven.com/t10195-game-2048-puzzle-scandal-editions
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu May 16, 2013 1:14 am

chezu

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
so the name is SCANDAROUX Rock on

karafuru na mirakuru wa mirai kara kuru mou me no mae
''I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance."-Invoker
Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu May 16, 2013 3:06 am

tctham

Caless Student
Caless Student
nuuuu~ why is it limited edition~ zomg

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat May 18, 2013 3:58 pm

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
sweet, thanks jade!

どぼんどぼんど!
バーベキュー!!!
KONO YARO, KONO YARO! (Kansai Style)
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun May 19, 2013 12:49 pm

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
i was fuzzing about wanting to eat curry at Facebook because of these girls. haha
surprisingly my mom noticed, and cooked some, love you mom~! XD

well, being in the spotlight is not forever, it's good to have other means of income. hoho
a curry house by SCANDAL would be great~ Love

thanks for translating~! >w<)/

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”

l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Minipinki

Caless Student
Caless Student
Really? I didn't know they even make things like this lol So interesting I wonder how it taste like

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:43 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Probably tastes like heaven, it's approved by MAMI Dies

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:51 am

kenzo9

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i think im late to post this but i just got it from yahoo auctions. . it's reasonably affordable as it cost 600yen but for ONLY 1 packet. the downside ( depending on your shopping service ) is that the shipping cost more than the curry.

for those who's interested in buying 1 to try. i would suggest get it earlier. i think the picture below shows the expiry date

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:13 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well are you gonna try it? Or keep it forever? =P

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:17 pm

8cset8

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
^now that is one very hard question... Hmmm 

Maybe I'll try it then frame the package..nyahaha Onion Wahaha

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:40 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
That's a good idea  Peace Onion 

Tell us if you liked it ^_^

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:52 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Totally forgot to post about this, but I guess now's as good a time as any to post about our experience with the curry.

A bunch of us ordered the curry when it first came out last May, with 4 of us doing a group order for 4 sets. We didn't know that each set comes with 5 packs and are all individually boxed (making that a total of 20 boxes), so when we ordered it and had it sent to a forwarding company to then send to us, the box was super heavy and shipping & handling cost about $115, which was about the amount that we had paid for the curry itself. (ノдヽ)

Unboxing:

(I had my AwaTsumo order from Tower be shipped along with it)

Trying it for the first time over rice:

It's actually a really good curry. The girls were right about the taste; it's not too spicy and it's pretty mild.

A while later in the beginning of August, we held a curry pan (bread) party and used SCANDAROUX for the filling.

We put a bit of curry between two slices of bread, put it in an egg wash, covered it in panko, and deep fried it. It turned out pretty well. I really think it tastes better like this rather than eating it over rice.

So, overall opinion from us is that it tastes great, but we probably wouldn't pay another $50 for a set. haha.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

2016.01.13 PERFECT WORLD
Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:48 am

8cset8

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I envy you guys Wew 

I wish I can also try the curry

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:06 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Wow that report with pictures and description TGE! Didn't expect that at all  Clap  Looks like you had a good time!

So it is delicious, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh want to try it  Tears of Joy 

And yeah the shipping costs damn... Sad but understandable I think.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:55 am

kenzo9

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i tried it just now and i can say i really like it. too bad the shipping is expensive. if i live in Japan, i would have bought a carton of it and store it at home. i love curry XD

but then again im in Singapore. i better stick to my local curry. with that amount i can sit in a restaurant and have people serve me curry and probably get some change back. no offence.

trying once is enough. i think i'll keep the box

Back to top Go down