Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 UYgI11Y
SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Original
SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Scandalcurry1

In collaboration with the site of Japanese convenience store FamilyMart, SCANDAL is coming out with an original Indian-style curry called "SCANDAROUX" (SCANDAL + curry roux [sauce]), which will be available exclusively on famima.com.

Each set comes with 5 boxes of curry and is priced at 2,625 yen.

"At any rate, we love curry!" - SCANDAL, who all share that same opinion, is coming out with an original Indian-style curry called "SCANDAROUX" in collaboration with famima.com, the online site of convenience store Family Mart.

http://ent2.excite.co.jp/music/special/2013/scandal2
http://www.famima.com/shop/c/cscandal/

Interview:

https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t8634-scandal-s-original-curry-scandaroux#544383

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:00 am; edited 2 times in total

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」
Posted Wed May 15, 2013 2:17 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
So they did help with the meal it seems, they worked on it to give it a special taste they like. Mami was probably the boss on that subject SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 807595

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 8:41 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Curry-top-04

"At any rate, we love curry!" - SCANDAL, who all share that same opinion, is coming out with an original Indian-style curry called "SCANDAROUX" (スキャンダルー) in collaboration with famima.com, the online site of convenience store FamilyMart. The butter chicken curry that is studded with the quartet's particularities is amazingly delicious even to the members who put out this item! "This doesn't seem like it's retort-pouch food"; "It's so delicious it'll exceed your expectations" - We will be bringing to you the band's final sampling of the curry that was a storm of rave reviews!

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 1tasting

"This is perfect" (RINA)

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Curry_photo01

The quartet entered the room going, "That smells great~!" and headed straight to the table where the curry is set up. Paying no mind to their all-white outfits, they immediately shouted, "Let's eat!"

•"This is perfect." (RINA)

•"This is super delicious!" (HARUNA)

•"This doesn't seem like it's retort-pouch food." (TOMOMI)

•"A taste you can count on." (MAMI)

They are very pleased with the finished product.

The four of them have always been curry lovers, and when we inquired, TOMOMI said, "We ate curry earlier, too." Going, "We still want to eat this because it's so delicious!", this curry that was made by the smiling quartet reflects each of their particularities. When we asked them about it...

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Curry_photo02

•"The butter's effective." (HARUNA)

•"The meat in the curry is chicken." (TOMOMI)

•"Lots of chunky pieces of vegetables." (MAMI)

•"It's medium-spicy." (RINA)

Is what they said. RINA, who especially is not good with spicy foods, was particular about the spice: "It's medium-spicy but doesn't hurt [my tongue nor my throat]." The "Mellow yet properly spicy" writing on the packaging certainly expresses that perfectly.

•"It's properly spicy but also has a gentle flavor. It doesn't give off the impression of a spicy curry at all." (MAMI)

•"It's just as mellow as it is spicy, so it doesn't irritate your throat. Also, the chicken's amazingly tender! It's really delicious." (RINA)

•"It's like a restaurant curry. I could eat tons of it." (TOMOMI)

•"How many times in a row are we going to eat curry? (laughs)." (MAMI)

•"Speaking of, a long time ago we talked about opening a curry restaurant (laughs)." (TOMOMI)

•"We totally did (laughs)." (RINA)

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Curry_photo03

What!? SCANDAL had that kind of business plan!? We asked them for more details.

•"I really love Indian-style curry in particular. We've gone to many places to eat it. We love it so much. We even got to bake naan on a TV program before (laughs). That's how much we love curry, so, jokingly, we talked about opening a curry restaurant (laughs). That's why with this item, we're fulfilling a dream of ours in a sense (laughs)." (MAMI)

•"Finally, right (laughs)? It was a little too sour in the beginning so we asked them to fix it, and now it's perfect!" (RINA)

•"This would go well with both rice and naan. Both children and adults can enjoy it." (TOMOMI)

•"It's even delicious cold. Or rather, it's so delicious that I didn't think we could be so convinced to think so (laughs). I want to eat this every day." (HARUNA)

•"I could eat this for breakfast as well." (RINA)

•"Right? It's not heavy." (MAMI)

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 2packaging

"Appetizing packaging" (TOMOMI)

Because the taste is one that they have confidence in, the quartet's particularities are also included in the packaging—the "face" of it.

•"We first decided on 'SCANDAROUX' for the product name. We tried to make it easy to understand by combining the band's name and curry [roux]. Also, this is the first time in forever that the band's name has been written in katakana lettering (laughs). We haven't done that since our indie era. And, we were also particular about the small silhouettes of the four of us at the bottom." (RINA)

•"We talked about going with appetizing packaging because it's a food item. It's not too cluttered, and its color scheme makes it look delicious." (TOMOMI)

•"It's the color of curry. Also, making the font a bit retro and cute, rather than ones written in calligraphy style that you often see these days, gives it more of a curry retort pack-feel." (MAMI)

•"We shared our opinions with the designers who always make the covers for SCANDAL's CDs." (HARUNA)

I see - This is another one of SCANDAL's works, isn't it? "I want to bring this along with us when we go say hello to the artists we appear with on that given day." (TOMOMI)

That's sure to be appreciated! It would also be useful overseas when you're having trouble finding something to eat.

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Curry_photo04

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 3athomecurry

"The ingredients changed depending on the season" (MAMI)

Like how the taste of curry will differ from restaurant to restaurant, curry made at home will also different. We asked the four curry lovers what kind of curry they ate growing up.

•"The one I ate was super basic. It was store-bought curry and would be made on a regular basis." (TOMOMI)

•"Sweet curry would be made for me. Because my mom liked it spicy, she would make a mixture of several types of roux. Also, the meat had to be chicken tenderloin." (RINA)

•"I also had sweet curry made for me, and also put in a lot of vegetables. Carrots and meat would usually be added in, but depending on the season, we also used radish, lotus roots, summer vegetables, etc. Potatoes would become taro, and the ingredients changed depending on the season. But, we'd never get rid of eggplant, tomatoes, and asparagus." (MAMI)

•"I would have big vegetables in mine, and everything else was basic." (HARUNA)

Curry holds a magical power: If you want to eat it, you will not be satisfied until you do so. However, when it comes to eating out, it's a hassle to go out; and when it comes to making something that's elaborate, that's a lot of work.

•"That's right. That's why I think it's especially great for those who live by themselves." (RINA)

•"It's delicious when you cook it slowly in a big pot, but there are also times when you're like, 'I want to eat a little bit right now!'" (TOMOMI)

•"We seriously recommend this for those kinds of people!" (HARUNA)

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Curry_photo05

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 4conclusion

"Once you try it, you'll definitely want to buy more of it" (HARUNA)

The quartet has finished eating while continuously saying, "We're glad that for our first curry we've made something that's so satisfying," "Delicious!" from start to finish. Finally, let's remind our readers of how delicious and exquisite-tasting it is!

•"You can feel the words written on the packaging exactly as is: 'Mellow yet properly spicy - Chunky pieces of vegetables and an addictive taste.' It won't let you down and is more delicious that you'll expect it to be. It's so delicious it'll exceed your expectations!" (RINA)

•"Butter chicken must be made in earnest when at home, right? But this is perfect when you don't want to go out to eat it!" (MAMI)

•"There aren't many Indian-style curries like this in retort pouches. It's a European-style brown roux that tastes fairly typical...What!? This might be the first genuine one in Japan!?" (HARUNA)

•"Look into that, HARUNA (laughs)." (TOMOMI)

•"I mean, I don't really see these often (laughs). But I do recommend it to those who are like, 'I want to eat Indian-style curry right now!'" (HARUNA)

•"It's sold as a set of five, right? You won't get tired of it even after five consecutive days of eating it (laughs)!" (TOMOMI)

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Curry_photo06

I also tried it, and it was definitely more delicious than I expected it to be. I've heard that retort-pouch foods are getting more delicious, but to think they could be this delicious...! The chicken melts in your mouth, the vegetables retain their shape, and the roux makes you feel the umami of the spices despite it being mellow. It's a bit of a waste that it's a limited release of 2000 sets—no, that's definitely too few! That's honestly what I think.

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Curry_photo07

•"I mean, the band members themselves could eat around 500 sets (laughs)" (TOMOMI)

•"I think it'll sell out in a flash when it goes on sale (laughs)" (RINA)

•"Once you try it, you'll definitely want to buy more of it. Let's make this a part of Famima's regular product lineup right away (laughs)." (HARUNA)

•"It'll definitely be delicious with croquettes as well as in curry bread. And also at upcoming summer festivals, etc." (MAMI)

The talk about curry doesn't stop even after they finish eating. The Indian-style curry "SCANDAROUX," which is filled with the quartet's love of curry, will go on sale from May 14th on FamilyMart's shopping site famima.com Check it out right away!

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed May 15, 2013 10:33 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks for the translation, some parts are funny SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 56458

Didn't expect it to be a limited edition SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 786135

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 1:14 am

chezu

chezu

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://last.fm/user/chezm0th
so the name is SCANDAROUX Rock on

karafuru na mirakuru wa mirai kara kuru mou me no mae
''I am a beacon of knowledge blazing out across a black sea of ignorance."-Invoker
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu May 16, 2013 3:06 am

tctham

tctham

Caless Student
Caless Student
nuuuu~ why is it limited edition~ zomg

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat May 18, 2013 3:58 pm

pacrimguru

pacrimguru

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
sweet, thanks jade!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun May 19, 2013 12:49 pm

haritomi.denise

haritomi.denise

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.instagram.com/haritomi
i was fuzzing about wanting to eat curry at Facebook because of these girls. haha
surprisingly my mom noticed, and cooked some, love you mom~! XD

well, being in the spotlight is not forever, it's good to have other means of income. hoho
a curry house by SCANDAL would be great~ .love.

thanks for translating~! >w<)/

"...most people die never realizing the dream of their lives...”
SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 URT1EYY
SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Mskdbd
l DeviantArt ll Tumblr l
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 14, 2013 3:40 pm

Minipinki

Minipinki

Caless Student
Caless Student
Really? I didn't know they even make things like this lol So interesting I wonder how it taste like

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:43 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Probably tastes like heaven, it's approved by MAMI .dies.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:51 am

kenzo9

kenzo9

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i think im late to post this but i just got it from yahoo auctions. . it's reasonably affordable as it cost 600yen but for ONLY 1 packet. the downside ( depending on your shopping service ) is that the shipping cost more than the curry.

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 17808610

for those who's interested in buying 1 to try. i would suggest get it earlier. i think the picture below shows the expiry date

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Date11

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:13 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well are you gonna try it? Or keep it forever? =P

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:17 pm

8cset8

8cset8

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
^now that is one very hard question... .hmmm. 

Maybe I'll try it then frame the package..nyahaha Onion Wahaha

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Untitled-2_zpsb9f6058c
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:40 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
That's a good idea  Peace Onion 

Tell us if you liked it ^_^

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:52 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Totally forgot to post about this, but I guess now's as good a time as any to post about our experience with the curry.

A bunch of us ordered the curry when it first came out last May, with 4 of us doing a group order for 4 sets. We didn't know that each set comes with 5 packs and are all individually boxed (making that a total of 20 boxes), so when we ordered it and had it sent to a forwarding company to then send to us, the box was super heavy and shipping & handling cost about $115, which was about the amount that we had paid for the curry itself. (ノдヽ)

Unboxing:
SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Yiep
(I had my AwaTsumo order from Tower be shipped along with it)

Trying it for the first time over rice:
SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 4iph SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Cj8w

It's actually a pretty good curry. The girls were right about the taste; it's not too spicy and it's pretty mild.

A while later in the beginning of August, we held a curry pan (bread) party and used SCANDAROUX for the filling.

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 I31ISLY
SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 ZLV2Lfg
SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 OQNLphal
SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 G7YeDXv
SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 VjmMTnl
SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 TmkOPeM
SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 6oH47fS
SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 PtBH7KL

We put a bit of curry between two slices of bread, put it in an egg wash, covered it in panko, and deep fried it. It turned out pretty well. I really think it tastes better like this rather than eating it over rice.

So, overall opinion from us is that it tastes good, but we probably wouldn't pay another $50 for a set. haha.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:48 am

8cset8

8cset8

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I envy you guys .wew. 

I wish I can also try the curry

SCANDAL's original curry 「SCANDAROUX」 Untitled-2_zpsb9f6058c
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:06 am

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Wow that report with pictures and description TGE! Didn't expect that at all  .clap.  Looks like you had a good time!

So it is delicious, ahhhhhhhhhhhhh want to try it  .toj. 

And yeah the shipping costs damn... Sad but understandable I think.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:55 am

kenzo9

kenzo9

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
i tried it just now and i can say i really like it. too bad the shipping is expensive. if i live in Japan, i would have bought a carton of it and store it at home. i love curry XD

but then again im in Singapore. i better stick to my local curry. with that amount i can sit in a restaurant and have people serve me curry and probably get some change back. no offence.

trying once is enough. i think i'll keep the box

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.