[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Artist's Profile
Stage Name: Juniel
Birth Name: Choi Jun Hee
Birthday: September 3, 1993
Blood Type: B
Instruments: Guitar, piano
Korean Debut: “Illa Illa” – June 7, 2012
Label Company: FNC Music (Korea), AI Entertainment, Warner Music Japan (Japan)
Twitter: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Facts:
- She began her career in Japan in early 2011 before eventually debuting in South Korea the following year. (So, she is still a pretty new artist.)
- She was first known as 'Junie', but eventually changed her name to 'Juniel', which was derived from combining her name, Junie, and L for 'love'
- While studying in Japan, she won the Japanese audition program Niji Iro Supernova, beating out many other singers and songwriters from all over the country.
*It is needless to state too much on this thread, so all other information about the said artist goes to wiki and other reliable sources

I just realized that there isn't an open topic about this artist yet so I decided to create this thread. I would also like to know if there are any Juniel fans/listeners in this forum. We can talk about her here. Personally, I like her ballad songs more than her Pop ones, but I listen to them both.

Lastly, since I opened a topic about her on here I would like to share a couple of her songs:

Sakura Todokanu Omoi (Japanese):
Bad Man (Korean):
Everlasting Sunset (Korean):
The only Pop song I listen to, from her:
Pretty Boy (Korean):
She (or her songs) is/are still considered under the K-Pop genre, but I hope she'll sing and compose more ballad songs.

Back to top Go down

Re: Juniel (Choi Jun-Hee)
Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:58 pm

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I discovered her through the "Rate the song above" thread and fell in love with her voice ever since. She has such a clear, smooth, melodic voice. My favorite song from her is "My Sweet Revenge"; she sounds AWESOME when she raises her voice in the song. Such a unique powerful voice!

I wish she'd go back to releasing solo-songs instead of doing songs featuring other artists and duets.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:55 am

JAMnBreadMusic

JAMnBreadMusic

Caless Student
Caless Student
I found out about her from her duet with Yonghwa from CNBlue.  I think she does really well with her IU style.  I haven't heard many songs from her yet, but (hopefully) she can become a successful musician.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:34 am

Wizard Haru

Wizard Haru

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://wizardharu.tumblr.com/
She reminds me of IU quite awesome!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:53 am

kaitanuva

kaitanuva

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
She's quite different from IU...unlike IU she composes and writes all her songs. She also does jpop / ballads vs. IU's kpop / r&b.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:59 am

JAMnBreadMusic

JAMnBreadMusic

Caless Student
Caless Student
kaitanuva wrote:She's quite different from IU...unlike IU she composes and writes all her songs. She also does jpop / ballads vs. IU's kpop / r&b.

Ah, I didn't know that.

Quite cool! .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:11 am

Jikan~

Jikan~

International Performer
International Performer
Yay! Juniel is here. well I love all the artists from FNC since they held artists that can play instruments aside from AOA. that's why I wonder why their artists are not that famous :'/

she's really a great singer... I listen to most of her songs...specially Fool(babo) I even made my own tagalog version of that when I was still in 2nd year. XD

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:59 am

sam091094

Caless Student
Caless Student
I wasn't a kpoper when I first listen to JUNIEL's song Pretty boy, Illa Illa and Fool. I was only a Primadonna. (FT Island Fan. They are korean rock bands.) I like the songs but I was only interested to bands. My sister was a multi fandom back then (She likes girl group, boy group and soloist like IU.) but now she only focuses on girl groups. .pinch.

I notice my sister feels happy listening to kpop. I was pretty depress and stressed out last year. I was willing to be girly but not too girly. (I'm a bit boyish but my heart is still a girl who likes guys.) I brace myself for too many bright colors and barbie/ken like celebrities. (I'm saying it like it's really painful. lol It wasn't my thing okay? That's not how I roll.) .silence.

I browse through our family laptop and my sister so happens to store kpop stuffs their. I became a SHINee fan because of their quality choreo, vocal, visual etc. Quality stuff impresses me. From then, I start to appreciate Korean Idols. But I secretly judge their MVs, Songs, Vocals and Choreos. .hora.

I was already listening to JUNIEL's song like Illa Illa, Fool and Cute boy but just when I shuffle my playlist. When I saw JUNIEL's new song PISCES on August, I got goosebumps all over my arms. I freaking love the song. The only complain I have is the MV. There are scenes where it's too dark then it brightens then gets dark again. It hurts my eyes. The color sometimes is too sharp.  .wtf.

But what is important to me is her song and how she sang it. People will notice that PISCES is different than her previous songs. But for me, I saw JUNIEL. The real JUNIEL. For the first time, I saw the JUNIEL she never showed before.    .dies.

Even though I'm more of a rocker, ballad already has a place in my heart. I like music that expresses extreme emotions.  .toj.

I love JUNIEL and I'll always will be. I'll help her get more fans in the best of my abilities, which is through creating medias about her and upload it on the internet. I'll make a lot of it. I promise. .please.

(By the way, can you please update the information about JUNIEL? Or can I make another topic about her but similar to this but only updated. I'm planning on going here often becasue I have nothing else to distract me.)  .uhuh.

Back to top Go down