You are not connected. Please login or register

Go down

Carefully constructing - 2013-12-26 (RINA)
Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:37 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (5 votes)

Spoiler:
Carefully constructing
Theme:RINA

Today we're sorting accumlated songs that we've made

Carefully constructing - 2013-12-26 (RINA) LLSJ76E

We're all working hard
Although there are times when we think
"It'd be great if we could make about 10 songs right after we wake upー!"
Our happiness would be halved if we could do this easily
So we'll do this diligently

Carefully constructing - 2013-12-26 (RINA) IPfzyp1

The band always has 100 songs in stock
Since we've been recording and releasing for 5 years,,
I've always thought I wanted everyone to have something freshly made, but I want to take time to try to construct something and lay it to rest
We're putting our money on a hit song

Today, the staff said this to us and we were taken aback
「After forming the band you've always been in a place where you've been able to listen to music, so maybe you've forgotten about the moments when you'd want to listen to music?」
We haven't forgotten, but maybe it's become so commonplace that I've lost my understanding of it
I want to create good songsー

What moments make you want to listen to music?

※Bonus

Each time we tour we make lots of noise with Choco Bats

Carefully constructing - 2013-12-26 (RINA) SwIqmu2

We received a sweets set from SANRITSU-sama,,; uwaーwe're so happy
Thank you for the delicious food☆

RINA

2013-12-26 21:54:18

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Carefully constructing - 2013-12-26 (RINA) 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Re: Carefully constructing - 2013-12-26 (RINA)
Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:42 am

waning_moon

waning_moon

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
「Since you are in a place where you can hear music from when the band formed up until now, have you already forgotten the times when you want to listen to music?」

Maybe it's because I'm not used to reading Japanese translations but I don't really understand what this meant. Could someone clarify? 

WOW 100 songs in stock... I get what Rina means though. When I have things left over and they pile up, I want to finish them off before I start something new or else they'll just kept building. 

So they've been writing/composing more of their own songs but they just never made it to us >.< It's weird how I never thought about this until I read that Mami's created a demo for August 2 years ago (right?) and they used it for the Standard album. I wonder why they do that.. I don't follow bands much so would anyone care to enlighten me?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:10 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
@Racheiru: Sorry it's a hard-to-understand sentence, but I'm not quite sure what it means either. Maybe they might have meant since the band has released many songs since they first formed, they're in a position where they might have forgotten when something makes them want to listen to music? Or maybe that makes no sense, haha. I'm a bit frazzled right now from the translating I've done today. :P

Edit: Yep, my brain was frazzled. I translated that sentence a bit wonky, which Mac redid two posts down.

The part where you mentioned the demo for "Hachigatsu"/them storing demos for a while is a bit off-topic, but I'll still try to answer. I think it has to do with timing and how it feels for them. I guess they didn't feel it was the right timing for them to do a song like that in 2011, or maybe they felt like it didn't fit with what they were doing at the time. They might have been working on BABY ACTION then, and I don't think the song would have gone well with that album if they had decided to use it then; I think they were correct in waiting for the right time because I feel that it does fit well with STANDARD.

Last edited by thoseguiltyeyes on Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:40 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
Racheiru wrote:
「Since you are in a place where you can hear music from when the band formed up until now, have you already forgotten the times when you want to listen to music?」

Maybe it's because I'm not used to reading Japanese translations but I don't really understand what this meant. Could someone clarify?

I think it means that the girls may want to just do that - listen to music, but music sung/performed by others. The band has been working really to be where they are now, concentrating more on their own material as opposed to other people's.

What music one writes is pretty much based on one's influences. As we all know, SCANDAL have their fav singers/bands, but the staff thinks that for SCANDAL to expand their horizons in writing, especially when want to do that hit song/record, is to just start listening what's out there a bit more just as well.

That's what I think it means.

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Maybe they might have meant since the band has released many songs since they first formed, they're in a position where they might have forgotten when something makes them want to listen to music?

And that, too!

Carefully constructing - 2013-12-26 (RINA) SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:00 am

macdyne73

macdyne73

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I'd translate that part as,

"After forming the band, you've been in a place where you can listen to music until now, maybe you've forgotten about the moments when you'd want to listen to music?

I haven't forgotten but maybe it's become so usual (i.e listening to music)* I've lost my understanding of it (of why people listen to it)*"

*added for context

I think maybe the staff person was asking her now that music is their job, maybe they've forgotten how to/what makes people listen to music just for fun. And Rina then says she hasn't forgotten but maybe she's lost that kind of perspective now that she's a pro musician.

If that was the case, I can kinda understand. Things you like change when it becomes your job. It'll be different.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:18 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks, Mac. My comprehension clearly sucks todayー (=゚ω゚)ノ

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:58 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Wow, 100 songs in stock. So far, they have 200 songs altogether. Woah... That's crazy. I wonder out of how many of those songs they composed and wrote. I'm guessing most of them tbh. Who know though, other writers/composers could've done it too haha.

Yep, indeed, weird sentence, that one. Thanks for translating it, Jade and Macdyne!

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:37 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
200? No I think she means the 100 that SCANDAL did, she mentioned it in a recent blog, Runners High is (for her) the 100th song. I doubt they have 100 written unreleased song waiting to be released ^^

So not really sure what to think about this blog i'm a bit confused by what she is trying to say and your messages guys ^_^

Also not sure if it's a positive thing, if the staff says that maybe they are trying to tell them they should do things differently?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:24 pm

Ancelot

Ancelot

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think it's an error too, how could they have 100 extra songs since they debuted? I'm pretty sure Rina meant they reached a total of 100 made in their 5 years as a band.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:44 pm

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Yeah, you guys are probably right. I was also wondering how possible it could be haha.

I also do wonder what she means on 'we're putting our money on a hit song'. Seems really interesting!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:19 am

Mikadzuki

Mikadzuki

Caless Student
Caless Student
maharizm wrote:
Racheiru wrote:

I think it means that the girls may want to just do that - listen to music, but music sung/performed by others. The band has been working really to be where they are now, concentrating more on their own material as opposed to other people's.

What music one writes is pretty much based on one's influences. As we all know, SCANDAL have their fav singers/bands, but the staff thinks that for SCANDAL to expand their horizons in writing, especially when want to do that hit song/record, is to just start listening what's out there a bit more just as well.

That's what I think it means.

thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Maybe they might have meant since the band has released many songs since they first formed, they're in a position where they might have forgotten when something makes them want to listen to music?

And that, too!
Hrm~  I find that to be part of what they meant, but it can be read literally in my opinion too.  At some point in time everyone has a time when they are down and want to listen to certain music.  Music can be great or not depending on the atmosphere, mood, and environment.  By taking this into consideration, songs can become absolutely amazing.  Though I will agree that listening to other music out there can broaden one's horizons a bit.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.