Go down

Re: SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments
Posted Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:37 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
SophieLam wrote:I learned all MamiMaster available there were bought by Scandal's Sushi ( Hong Kong Forum) members, and it is out of stock now. 
I tried the Haruna Tele, the price-performance ratio is quite high. The silver sparkle finish is stunning. With the signature on the back of head stock + finish worth the bucks!
Too bad all instrument come with NO bags, NO strap, NOTHING!

I figured out that Tom Lee's Music was selling 'em by virtue of your HK flag and Google, of course. How many of each model did they have in house? Assuming that there is no second run (as alluded by BrokenByDefault), they probably bought them during that mad rush last month.

No bag/strap? Who cares? Get it!!! Quick! If you haven't already, that is.

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 10 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:10 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
I'd reserved a Haruna Tele to be picked up this weekend. My ESP gig bag will be coming along with me.
To be honest, the form factor of the Telecaster doesn't match my playing style at all. But it is way too sexy and I can't convince myself not buying it.
Most important is I love Scandal. I'm sure Scandal will become a monster band one day and they are half way there! Having this signature guitar is like having a part of their history.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:25 am

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jeyzombie
Yah, actually I love to have some signature bass of Tomo and it's right coz it's expensive... Sad

Is it possible for Fender to have some stocks her in PH? I really need one or two, and it will be my xmas gift for my self Happy .clap.

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 10 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMfYSiqCkx0BfnkrexrjlO2bRSkAthIuNxCX-rlRiy3-WUKca1

あなたは私があなたの生活の中で必要ないことを私に言っている必要があります...
Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:30 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
ryoseki kun wrote:Yah, actually I love to have some signature bass of Tomo and it's right coz it's expensive... Sad

Is it possible for Fender to have some stocks her in PH? I really need one or two, and it will be my xmas gift for my self Happy .clap.

Thus far, there is no official news on them re-releasing these guitars. If you note from some of the posts above, these guitars were sold in Hong Kong but those are likely bought by the vendors from the sale of these limited guitars in Japan.

I am sure if Fender is doing another run of these guitars, someone on SCANDAL Heaven will provide an update. However, not trying to put your hopes up too high as in the past when Fender made signature series of Japanese artistes, they tend to be of a very limited run.

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:48 pm

jammy4u2nv

jammy4u2nv

Caless Student
Caless Student
meloya wrote:i really want that jazzmaster. but yea kinda pricy for a Squirer. Though its an artist series might justify the price. i might not be able to get a chance to grab one locally anyway. importing a guitar here is kinda risky  .whiteflag.

Hah I feel your pain, I would love one too but i'm a massive Gibson/Epiphone fan boy at the same time

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:00 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
I got this from Ishibashi's official Twitter today at 2045 JST. The guitars will have a 2nd run from the looks of it. I know this only Google Translate but it's plain clear they'll be out. Just watch this space as no dates yet. I think this is kosher as Ishibashi is an established music store, so I don't think they'll announce this if it ain't true.

"@ishibashimusic: 石橋楽器店WEB SHOPです。

なんと・・・!!!

瞬く間に予約完売したSquier SCANDAL(スキャンダル)モデルが、近日再入荷いたします!!!

最近はガールズバンドの勢いはすごいですよね~~... http://t.co/A7TBRn5u3a"

Badly translated as:

"is a musical instrument store Ishibashi WEB SHOP:ishibashimusic.

What ...! ! !

Squier SCANDAL that reserved sold out in the blink of an eye (scandal) model, we will re-stock soon! ! !

Momentum Girls band ~~ ... http://t.co/A7TBRn5u3a Pretty impressive recently"

So, here's your second chance if your luck ran out in the summer.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:33 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
The 2nd run is confirmed by Fender Japan 
http://www.fender.jp/squier/news/news/001771.php
BtW, I have the Haruna Skull Silver and found the axe completely playable and worth the bucks!

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:52 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
From your link, the guitars are out today, with a run of 100 each.

"入荷本数は各100本。9月9日より発売開始となります。お近くのSquier by Fender製品取扱店にお問い合わせください。
http://www.fender.jp/shop/squier.php"

Hope you guys will have a better experience than some of us a few months ago in getting these babies. Ganbare!

Just to add, I'd recommend buying the guitars from Ikebe-gakki as they do send the guitar overseas, hence, you don't need a deputising service like TENSO.

http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/web-ikebe/squier_scandal-signature/

Ikebe-gakki's taking orders for these guitars now but for overseas customer you do not use the usual 'add to cart' option but to contact Ikebe directly via a little box labelled 'Product enquiry (English)' below the add to cart button:

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 10 ScreenShot2014-09-09at184355_zpscca95c15

I know some S-H members were successful in getting the guitars from the likes of Ishibashi directly without a deputising service, but a few of us including myself were unsuccessful in getting them to be sent overseas directly. One thing nice about Ikebe is that you get a genuine Fender strap (not the monogrammed one unfortunately) and two Fender picks.

One more thing - getting them from the regular stores mean getting the plain Squier gig bag which in my opinion does not offer much protection whatsoever. The padded ones with the logo (and the SCANDAL monogrammed Fender straps) were only available from Kitty on the original run and to date, I don't see Kitty selling these second run guitars thus far. No harm in keeping an eye out, though.

UPDATE 17.9.2014

It looks like the guitars are sold out at Ishibashi and Ikebe now. To anyone trying to get them, your best bet would be trying to check on Rakuten Global to see if any more obscure shops are carrying them, or Yahoo! Auctions (I did see a few Bluetus basses knocking about last time I checked).

Not surprised - it was only 100 copies of each.

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:50 am

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
Just found these reviews on YouTube. Both axes sound pretty good!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:42 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
Thanks for the vids, Metal Mickey. Wished I know Korean to know what the reviewer's thoughts were on the two guitars!

My only criticism of the MAMI Stratomaster (which I think Spacecadet had initially mentioned a few posts back) is the pickups - which is beautifully illustrated in the 2nd video above. The loudness of the bridge Hot Rails, despite the 'hotness', is shadowed by the middle and neck single coil pups. The Hot Rails had a somewhat low output giving it a real tinny clean tone and a poorly distorted one when you click on the amps crunch channel. The two stock single-coiled pups are actually great, and the chap that did the setup for my MAMI JM commented that the pole pieces were likely ceramic accounting for the inherent loudness.

When I had the JM set up - it included replacing the Duncan Designed to an actual Seymour Duncan Hot Rails, the same problem occurred, implying it was nothing to do with the stock DD pup. He even checked the DC resistance of the new pup (which is comparable to the JB) and it was fine. The only way to address the problem was to lift the Hot Rails pup and to lower the two single coil pups, and it worked to an extent.

The new SD Hot Rails installed nevertheless sounded great, although a tad trebly. It will not sound like one installed on a Strat obviously due to the JM's construct, which is the point of the guitar's design.

Did anyone who has the MAMI JM notice the same issues I did with the guitar?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:14 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
maharizm wrote:Did anyone who has the MAMI JM notice the same issues I did with the guitar?

Yeah, although I will say the Hot Rails sounds much better through my Fender Twin Reverb than it does through my Yamaha THR10 (which is what I'd been playing through when I left my earlier comments). I was able to get some Mami-like tones out of it through the Twin. It still needs a fat rhythm guitar underneath to really sound good I think, but in isolation I feel like it does sound like Mami on the right songs.

The single coils and Hot Rails just aren't matched very well, though. But that's ok; I'm fine with some eccentricities from artist models. It's not a guitar Fender or Squier would probably otherwise have released, with such unmatched pickups. (Fender's full size humbuckers in their HSS Strats sound different.) But I have a feeling Mami just keeps it locked on the Hot Rails 100% of the time anyway.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:54 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
Did anyone order from Ikebe during this second run and successfully receive their order? I ordered a HARU guitar from them back in early September when news just broke but still have not been able to obtain it yet. Whenever I inquire about an update they assure me that absolutely nothing's wrong with my order and claim that they still have not gotten the guitars in yet. I find this very odd. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem too.

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 10 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:33 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Did anyone order from Ikebe during this second run and successfully receive their order? I ordered a HARU guitar from them back in early September when news just broke but still have not been able to obtain it yet. Whenever I inquire about an update they assure me that absolutely nothing's wrong with my order and claim that they still have not gotten the guitars in yet. I find this very odd. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this problem too.

My Bluetus took about 3 weeks to arrive from Ikebe when I ordered mine in the first run, as there was a pre-order period then. It may be that a similar pre-order period exists for the 2nd run. I remembered guitar shops other than Ishibashi and Ikebe proudly putting photos of the guitars when they were physically available instore in the summer, yet no such photos online that I am aware of currently. I am sure you'll get your Skullsilver soon! Ikebe's been quite good in communicating by email the last time I dealt with them.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:07 am

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
maharizm wrote:My Bluetus took about 3 weeks to arrive from Ikebe when I ordered mine in the first run, as there was a pre-order period then. It may be that a similar pre-order period exists for the 2nd run. I remembered guitar shops other than Ishibashi and Ikebe proudly putting photos of the guitars when they were physically available instore in the summer, yet no such photos online that I am aware of currently. I am sure you'll get your Skullsilver soon! Ikebe's been quite good in communicating by email the last time I dealt with them.

Thanks for the info, and yes, Ikebe is very fast at replying to e-mails. With what they had written on their site they didn't make it sound like it was a pre-order this time; it sounded like this time they would be getting the guitars back in stock and in hand around 9/12, but this obviously was not the case. They also have never mentioned that this was a pre-order. I've already seen numerous other shops announce that they had a limited number of instruments back in stock and would post pictures of them, indicating that they did have them in hand. Someone had even tweeted MAMI that they walked into an instrument store the other day and found her Stratomaster that had just gotten back in stock. I personally think it's odd that it's taking Ikebe a longer time than other stores to get them, but oh well. I'll just keep waitingー

Edit (10/7): Ikebe finally got it in and will be shipping it out tomorrow!

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 10 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:44 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
thoseguiltyeyes wrote:Edit (10/7): Ikebe finally got it in and will be shipping it out tomorrow!

Wow. A month, huh? Better late than never. That is indeed good news. I hope you enjoy your very own HARU guitar.

Anyone else in S-H bought any from the second run? Seems pretty quiet especially when there were late queries about the guitars in this thread after the first run ended.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:44 am

kenzo9

kenzo9

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
bought a total of 4 guitars and an amp this year, so im kinda broke right now and maybe for the next few months... i really wanted to buy Tomomi's Bluetus. i did a check on Ikebe's webby. they still have Haruna's Skullsilver for sale, Mami's Stratomaster out of stock, Tomomi's Bluetus is not even on the webby. what the.... so now im checking out yahoo japan auctions, see if they have a cheaper Bluetus available.

*For those who might be curious what guitars/amp i bought this year*
Takamine PT 108 ( 2nd hand acoustic )
MAMI Jazzmaster Stratomaster
HARUNA Telecaster Skullsilver
Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus ( 2nd hand )
Peavey Bandit 112 ( 2nd hand )

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:59 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
This is killing me right now:

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 10 Dsc00110

Both Haruna's Tele and Tomomi's bass sitting right next to me as I sleep, and I can't even really open them because that'll make it even harder to get them back home.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:10 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
The wait is finally over! Congrats spacecadet! I know how you feel.
I also have the Haruna SkullSilver. I did a slight mod and playing it the first week but now it is in a guitar case untouched over a month.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:45 pm

TOMOmeow

TOMOmeow

International Performer
International Performer
https://instagram.com/thedapperrunner
Congratulations Spacecadet!

I might consider of buying a Skullsilver in the near future.

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 10 Tumblr_pe1dui3Jru1qdewlro1_400

Sing it Back, Bring it Back, Sing it Back to Me... Wait, WRONG SONG!

Do you believe in life after love? (after love, after love)... STILL WRONG, D****T!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:04 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
spacecadet wrote:This is killing me right now:

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 10 Dsc00110

Both Haruna's Tele and Tomomi's bass sitting right next to me as I sleep, and I can't even really open them because that'll make it even harder to get them back home.

I was wondering where your two other SCANDAL guitars were at.

I "died" three months ago [https://www.scandal-heaven.com/t1480p200-the-instruments-thread#665453] - but it's all good!

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:09 pm

kenzo9

kenzo9

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Congrats Spacecadet! Maybe u can tell yourself at least you're sleeping with them. It's not everyday a man sleeps with his guitars. I really envy you guys who got Tomomi's bass >.<

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Third Sun

Third Sun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
been searching for guitar for couples of month but i sadly only found out about these guitars yesterday .... .wew.
and now thery're all sold out 
does anyone might know where i can get a stratomaster ? or is there really no way to get one now ?

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:27 pm

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
I think your better option is to try with yahoo japan auctions, they appear here from time to time.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:48 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

Third Sun wrote:been searching for guitar for couples of month but i sadly only found out about these guitars yesterday .... .wew.
does anyone might know where i can get a stratomaster ? or is there really no way to get one now ?

Sorry to hear you missed the boat. If only you had checked in S-H when the 2nd run was announced.

At the moment, I cannot see any MAMI Stratomasters even on Yahoo! Auctions - although it doesn't mean you should give up hope yet. There may be someone wanting to make a fast yen out of it. I should know as I paid A LOT for my Stratomaster after winning my bid.

If you don't mind HARU's Tele or TIMO's Jazz Bass, they are still available via Amazon JP from 51840 to 77000円. Link: http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/376-2868461-1918828?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=squier+scandal

Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:24 pm

Third Sun

Third Sun

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
maharizm wrote:
Third Sun wrote:been searching for guitar for couples of month but i sadly only found out about these guitars yesterday .... .wew.

Sorry to hear you missed the boat. If only you had checked in S-H when the 2nd run was announced.

At the moment, I cannot see any MAMI Stratomasters even on Yahoo! Auctions - although it doesn't mean you should give up hope yet. There may be someone wanting to make a fast yen out of it. I should know as I paid A LOT for my Stratomaster after winning my bid.

If you don't mind HARU's Tele or TIMO's Jazz Bass, they are still available via Amazon JP from 51840 to 77000円. Link: http://www.amazon.co.jp/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1/376-2868461-1918828?__mk_ja_JP=%E3%82%AB%E3%82%BF%E3%82%AB%E3%83%8A&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=squier+scandal

Good luck.

unforuntaly i had like ( literally !) 1000 viruses on my PC, so i couldn't check on S-H 
yeah i might just keep searching or waiting for someone to sell the guitar ( Hope never dies !!! )
i'm not that interested in the other instruments, but thanks mate  .hail.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.