Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Re: SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments
Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:10 pm

rahman.ichsan

rahman.ichsan

Caless Student
Caless Student
Awww, I want Tomomi Jazz Bass so badly, they crafted in here in Indonesia but they not selling it in here.  .waaa.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:32 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer

@rahman.ichsan

I have a Fender Jazz bass but my one was made before Tomomi was born Happy

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 14 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:37 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
By the time I buy the Haruna's SkullSilver, a Tomomi Jazz Bass is hanging on the wall of the instrument store! I should have buy them both. What a fool I am?

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:52 pm

rahman.ichsan

rahman.ichsan

Caless Student
Caless Student
tonymiller wrote:

@rahman.ichsan

I have a Fender Jazz bass but my one was made before Tomomi was born Happy

I have a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass. Hee hee. Is a cheap one.  .evilgrin.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:07 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/jeyzombie
Is there any news about this? Like are they reproduce their models for sale?

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 14 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMfYSiqCkx0BfnkrexrjlO2bRSkAthIuNxCX-rlRiy3-WUKca1

あなたは私があなたの生活の中で必要ないことを私に言っている必要があります...
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:42 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
i can just say the news gathering abilities of our members are pretty good to say the least, so if there's no news here means there's no news elsewhere. so nope, still sold out, likely permanently until otherwise stated

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 14 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:58 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
http://stomachofchaos.com
ryoseki kun wrote:Is there any news about this? Like are they reproduce their models for sale?

Ryo! ^^

I thought when the 2nd run came out you knew about it (I'm sure I replied to one of your earlier queries on this thread). Sorry to see you missing your chance yet again!

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 14 SCANDALCOLLE-2020-SIG

~ CHECK OUT MY 「感謝祭」ŌSAKA 2018 VIDEO! 見てください!  ~

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:11 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
maharizm wrote:
ryoseki kun wrote:Is there any news about this? Like are they reproduce their models for sale?

Ryo! ^^

I thought when the 2nd run came out you knew about it (I'm sure I replied to one of your earlier queries on this thread). Sorry to see you missing your chance yet again!

Sorry Maharizm,

I wasn't able to back read this thread due to some priorities Hehee and it's been a while already, so there might be new updates if ever Happy

Well Thanks for informing! I'll not be asking anymore about this...

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 14 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMfYSiqCkx0BfnkrexrjlO2bRSkAthIuNxCX-rlRiy3-WUKca1

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:14 pm

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
ryoseki kun wrote:Well Thanks for informing! I'll not be asking anymore about this...

Well, you know there's always the auction option on Yahoo! if you really want one. Just keep your eye out for one to come on the 2nd hand market. Good luck, dude.

16-17/3/13 *SCAPE Warehouse | SIN • 29/1/15 たましんRISURUホール | 立川市、日本 • 31/1/15 ベイシア文化ホール | 前橋市、日本 • 26/4/15 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 12-13/1/16 日本武道館 | 東京、日本 • 10/9/16 Melkweg | AMS • 17/9/16 Szene | WIEN • 24/9/16 O2 Academy Islington | UK • 10/6/18 MacPherson Stadium | HK • 10-11/11/18 ZEPP Ōsaka Bayside | 大阪、日本
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:23 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://www.alphabetcityblog.com
Just want to update my experience with these instruments a bit. I've had all mine just sitting in their gig bags all winter and yesterday I went to play my Tomomi bass and the neck had completely warped. It had needed a quarter turn on the truss rod the day I got it, which should have been kind of a red flag, but you could actually see how badly it was warped this time visually, and from the side. There's something not right about the maple they're using on these (or maybe it's just mine). It's very soft, and they seem to be relying completely on the truss rod for stability, when on a proper Fender the truss rod is just for minor adjustments due to humidity or string gauge changes, not to maintain basic functionality.

Worse, because the wood is so soft, it's warped more on one side than the other (because there's more tension on the E side). So there's no way to fully correct it with the truss rod. If I dial in the right amount of relief for the E, then the G buzzes because it's actually gone convex. I have to leave too much relief on the E to get the G playable, meaning the action on the E is very high.

Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:52 pm

tonymiller

tonymiller

International Performer
International Performer
I am afraid Fender Squier's do not compare that well with real Fenders, you can pick up almost new ones in the UK for around £79.

My 1960's Fender Jazz bass is still fine after years of hard use.

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 14 Sig_sc10
Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:43 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
spacecadet wrote:I went to play my Tomomi bass and the neck had completely warped.

Oh dear. I had Bluetus setup initially when I got it and a further minor setup only two weeks ago. Thus far, pretty okay. I do hope your Bluetus is still playable after all those truss rod adjustments.

I've alluded to this before - just not very happy with the QC for Squiers. Among the three, MAMI's was like way off (thankfully, even after her second minor setup two weeks ago - I had all three looked at - she was fine) but HARU's was perfect when I got them. I own budget guitars made by LTD (ESP cheapos) and they are also built in SE Asia (Indonesia included) and the quality is miles better.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:37 am

Mentolo

Mentolo

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Maybe I was lucky (or maybe I had low expectations) but my MAMI's signature is really good, I just had to straighten the neck a bit and set the intonation.
It's still a economic guitar(and you can see it in some minor cosmetic flaws) but for the original price is really really good(not so much after all the fees I had to pay...but it's not their fault..)
My only complaint is for "features" of the kind of model(i.e. action a bit high and neck too small near the nut).
I bought it more for collection than anything else but it ended up being my second favourite guitar.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:11 am

BrokenByDefault

BrokenByDefault

Caless Student
Caless Student
Oh my goodness, I'm sorry to hear that about your Bluetus! I remember reading your impressions of the guitars and that Bluetus was your favourite of the three. Is no way to have the neck readjusted, or even a replacement neck? Although, that might look odd without the matching headstock and totally change the feel of the guitar for you...

I haven't had any problems with my Skullsilver, aside from a chip in the finish in the neck pocket and the pocket being cut on a bit of an angle, but thanks for the heads up! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on my Skullsilver because Winter is coming up down here in Australia. My Skullsilver has actually become my favourite guitar of all time, even more than my American Tele, so I'd be absolutely devastated if anything happened to it!

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:52 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
My theory is that they used wet wood for the necks. Fender themselves lets wood sit for months in their factory before using it for just this reason (and they're in Southern California, which is pretty dry anyway), but I have a feeling one of the ways Squier keeps costs down is by just buying lumber and using it right away. And in Indonesia or even Japan, that's probably okay because the humidity is usually pretty high.

But when this bass went through a typically dry Northeast US winter, all the moisture was sucked out and the wood was pulled down by the strings before it was allowed to settle. I'm sort of kicking myself a little because I probably could have mostly avoided this by loosening the strings over the winter. The neck would have dried out straight; when adding tension back, it might have stayed straight, or at least straighter.

Right now I have it playable but that's about as good as I can get it. I did loosen the strings now after adjusting the truss rod so maybe I'll get lucky and it'll settle back into a better shape. The other bad part is that the warping is up by the headstock, before the truss rod really takes hold of the neck. So I'm not sure anything's really going to work.

People in wetter climates might not have the same problem.

I'm sort of afraid to look at my other two guitars, but I doubt they'd be as bad since there's not as much pressure on the necks, and the necks are shorter. I'll look at them tonight, though.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Metal Mickey

Metal Mickey

International Performer
International Performer
I was told by some bassist that a bass neck is very sensitive to temperature change and humidity.
A timely process on a jig is needed to bring a warped neck back to playable condition.
Better guitar builders have their wood dry and settle for 3 years. Squier probably not.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:33 am

Rinakkusu

Rinakkusu

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
http://tnmaa.net
Where can I buy. 「HARUNA TELECASTER® DARK SILVER SPARKLE」?  Onion Smile

SCANDAL
RINA IS MY BIAS!!!

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 14 Cguh1xJU0AA4elg
Back to top Go down

Posted Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:24 pm

ryoseki kun

ryoseki kun

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
~Tatsu wrote:Where can I buy. 「HARUNA TELECASTER® DARK SILVER SPARKLE」?  Onion Smile

You can take a look in amazon or kittyworld I think.. But there's one said to me that they're already out of stock Sad

Too good you can have one if there's any stock left somewhere Happy
so check on the internet for more info...

Back to top Go down

Sugoi.
Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:26 pm

annykatt

annykatt

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Is there any chance I could own any of these? I don't even play guitar but I want Haruna's guitar. It's on my wishlist now.

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 14 JOuETv5
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:07 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
At this point, shopping service + Yahoo Auctions is probably the only way. They come up every once in a while and they sell for about the original price. They're cheaper without the Scandal-branded gig bag and strap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:14 pm

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
There is one available right now: http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e163070019

22 hours left.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:17 am

neopode

neopode

Caless Student
Caless Student
For people interested in getting these instruments:

I bought Mami's guitar and Haruna's guitar off yahoo auctions, and from my experience Mami's guitar comes up quite often. Haruna's come up regularly (but super overpriced) and tomomi's bass is on the rare side.

Sites like buyee.jp can help you if you live internationally but be aware of shipping costs and prep can reach well into the $100s for an instrument. However, they are legit. I've bought AKB goods through them before and it works super fast.

Also remember, these are used. They are probably not in mint condition, so please be smart.

Bass:
Fender JB62 3TS
Fender Deluxe Active P Bass NBM With racing stripes

SCANDAL's Signature Squier instruments - Page 14 Wq37nTw
Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:22 pm

spacecadet

spacecadet

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I actually just sold all of mine (meant to only sell two, but the guy who bought them would only take all three) - I would have posted it here but there are no FS posts allowed Happy

Now I'm kind of regretting it and have been checking Yahoo auctions again. Not sure I'll buy another one, but I can just say that there's a button you can click there to see past auctions, and Haruna's actually comes up more often. When Mami's comes up, it always gets 30+ bids, so they're hard to get. (Oddly they don't seem to go for any more money, they just have more competition.)

I did look at Yahoo before I put mine up for sale just to make sure I was pricing them right and there were a couple I saw in that time that looked brand new, including pickguard film, etc. and were selling for pretty normal prices. So anyone who's still looking now, I'd wait until a decent one comes up. The Haruna guitar up there right now is overpriced. The other ones that have sold in that condition there have gone for like ¥40,000.

Back to top Go down

Posted Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:45 pm

Scandalsuki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Were Scandal's own instruments ever sold?

Back to top Go down

Posted Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:32 am

kudo_maharizu

kudo_maharizu

International Performer
International Performer
spacecadet wrote:I actually just sold all of mine (meant to only sell two, but the guy who bought them would only take all three) - I would have posted it here but there are no FS posts allowed Happy

I'm sorry - you did WHAT?!! Man! I'd been following the stuff you had to go thru and all that last summer. Oh, well. You gotta do what you gotta do, I guess huh?

Scandalsuki wrote:Were Scandal's own instruments ever sold?

Can say about their other gear, but I know MAMI still has her off-white Strat (the one with stickers). She tweeted a pic of her playing it last year.

At the mo, I'm (kinda) looking at guitars HARU/MAMI are using on eBay. I was successful in getting MAMI's Classic Player JM Special. There's another on transit, but I'll post it up on the Music Instruments thread when it arrives. Clue: it has a Lake Placid blue finish and there is already one SH member that has one (well, one who has publicised about it). Can't wait.

HARU's black thinline is so difficult to find thus far. Wish me luck.

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.