Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

Go down

Re: 18th Single - 「Departure」
Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:34 am

Jikan~

Jikan~

International Performer
International Performer
I like the song! specialy Timo's hair and their outfits.
the nostalgic feeling of the song, it's very relaxing. the rhythm, the melody it's just so perfect.

I hope this will be included on their new album..

departure - 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 2 SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:34 am

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
The song has a very sweet and nostalgic feeling to it. Looking at the date and knowing the site's message, it makes the song have an even sweeter sound to it. You can really see the emotion in the girls by the way they're playing. I really like the song. They all did really well on playing it and their voices are gorgeous, I've always loved it when SCANDAL does slower songs like this one. I'm really impressed with the song, I quite like it. c:

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:47 am

mylastonepiece

mylastonepiece

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
http://kanbiiru.tumblr.com/
This sounds so good! And it was a surprise! I was totally shocked when I saw this.. there are even no announcements made, so they did a good job in making me so happy to hear this song. I absolutely loved it.

departure - 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 2 GwLkWlB

departure - 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 2 Ub

Follow my SCANDAL tumblr: http://kanbiiru.tumblr.com/
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:52 am

Mitchan

Mitchan

International Performer
International Performer
This is just ... just AWESOME!!
OH MY GHAD!! .omg. 
I'm just speechless.. 
The live is just amazing..girls look amazing and the lyrics.. the melody..!!! 
Now i'm truly in heaven  .dies.

departure - 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 2 Tumblr_pon1n3Osjl1shzh85o3_400
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:12 pm

Hyuga

Hyuga

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
This was awesome.
Love it!!

Previously known as HugoDisastersdeparture - 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 2 St95ChL
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:16 pm

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
I actually can't link back to the post right now, but according to fyeahscandalband.tumblr's translations of the natalie.mu article, Mami was the one who wrote the lyrics AND composed it, whereas the other guy (sorry forgot his name) was the producer (unless the producer is the composer...) and the arranger. Maybe it's my basic knowledge of Japanese, but I don't think that it explicitly mentions who actually composed it in the article. Probably just my mistake though. Anyone wants to clarify would be really appreciated?

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:22 pm

lazzal

lazzal

Caless Student
Caless Student
Easy listening~ Like the song alot, and if Mami did compose it wow that makes this even better!!

departure - 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 2 Second_zps9a1d7466
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:35 pm

NARIZKA

NARIZKA

Caless Student
Caless Student
that's really surprised, i really really speechless to listen this song  .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:37 pm

katheriine

katheriine

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Wow.. SCANDAL is really getting better and better. This song makes me remember a lot of things. Very nostalgic indeed.

departure - 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 2 Mami10

There is no life without music
STANDARD
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:58 pm

Yuffie

Yuffie

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
What a beautiful news -and even gift I should say!- on this rainy day, it makes me feel better!^o^
It is a very good melodic-rock song!

On ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:07 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
i just went OMG out loud within 10 seconds of them playing their first note. This to me was one of their best ever songs in recent times. I've been crying out for more of this kind of songs from them, since they've proven that they can pull off such songs well, and once again they've not disappointed. The sort of emotions within their voices and their playing is really top notch. One does not need to know the reason behind this video to hear the sort of emotion going through them (actually I didn't realise it's been a year since Wonderful Tonight). The accompaniments also helped bring out the general emotion even better as well.

I agree this sounds like a good song to listen to during graduation, especially since I'm graduating this year. The title fits the theme well too.
And seriously, RINA looks awesome cute in those glasses. She should wear it more often.

departure - 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 2 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:08 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
So a few things to say =P

- Could listen to it a bit more and watch the video and now I have to say it already feels better Happy Like some fans said it has that nostalgic feeling. I'm still not madly in love with the song but it seems that for me this could be another Kagen where I need to get used to it a bit more to see its true beauty Happy Let's just say I was caught by surprise after that Rainy preview =P SCANDAL really has different styles and I love it.

- MAMI did the lyrics but do we have an official answer for the music now? First it has been said it's a guy and now that MAMI did it? It would be fantastic to learn that this song too has the lyrics+music by SCANDAL (or one member, in this case MAMI)! Well if not it's ok too of course =P

- I didn't realize it was OJH anniversary! Already a year?! Well the song seems to suit that anniversary a bit, at least the general feeling you get from it is nice. Wonder what the lyrics are about.

- So this is officially not the new single yet? I'm a bit confused but in a good way =P I was expecting Rainy to be their next single and now they release this video but it's not announced officially as a single.

Not sure what is happening but having 2 new songs is already awesome Happy Geez SCANDAL is not messing around, sleeping for like 2 months and then BOOOOOOM here they are again at full power almost =P

Now the thing is, if that would be a single, shouldn't they keep it more "secret"? I mean we already have the PV and the full song now, this doesn't look like single build up/promo no? Even if the video only stays 24h it's still not a secret anymore. Usually they would talk about it, release a short preview, a photo, etc.

On the other hand we have Rainy that could end up as a single, a b-side, a soundtrack on the movie album or simple a track for the next album. Or maybe none of these 2 songs will be their next single and their are 2 special projects (one for a movie soundtrack, the other to celebrate OJH anniversary and just please fans?!).

I'm confused but excited lol  .clap.  .love. 

PS@TGE : Looks like the song title changed and my post was edited? What happened to the old name I really liked it =(

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:18 pm

ANNY3003

ANNY3003

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/scandalcantavn/
Rina wrote on blog: "タイトルは「Departure」、作詞作曲はMAMIです。"

It means Mami wrote the lyrics and composed the song or she just wrote the lyrics?
I'm not good at Japanese. Can anyone help me???

Last edited by ANNY3003 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:27 pm

_RicchaN_

_RicchaN_

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
OMG! This is a great news!
I don't wait another new song and I thought that Rainy would be the next single!

I'm very happy now!

Regarding "Departure" I like the sound and the orchestra but at first listening there's something that doesn't convince me maybe I need to listen again!
Honestly, I actually prefer "Rainy" although I haven't had a chance to listen the full song than I could be wrong! -and I hope- ^_^

Anyway: GO, SCANDAL GO!!!!

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:32 pm

metalleo

metalleo

International Performer
International Performer
http://www.leojhphoto.com/
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

ANNY3003 wrote:Rina wrote on blog: "タイトルは「Departure」、作詞作曲はMAMIです。"

It mean Mami wrote the lyrics and composed the song or she just wrote the lyrics?
I'm not good Japanese. Can anyone help me???

Yep, it means MAMI did both the lyrics and composition. 作詞 = lyrics, 作曲 = composition. 

actually i just translated these from Chinese lol, but meanings of such words shouldn't change between Chinese and Japanese.

departure - 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 2 2d0ylnt
Asia Tour 2013 (Singapore) - 16/03/13
HELLO WORLD (Singapore) - 08/05/15
PERFECT WORLD (Budokan) - 12/01/16, 13/01/16
YELLOW (Singapore) - 04/06/16
10TH ANNIVERSARY FESTIVAL (Osaka Izumiotsu Phoenix) - 21/08/16

Discovery of SCANDAL - 22/07/11
First SCANDAL Concert - 16/03/13
First Banner Chosen and Displayed On SH - 29/04/14
First SCANDAL Concert in Japan - 12/01/16
First Time to Photograph SCANDAL at a Concert - 04/06/16
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:41 pm

ANNY3003

ANNY3003

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
https://www.facebook.com/scandalcantavn/
@metalleo:
Thank you so much!!! :D
I also think so.
However I'm not good at Japanese so I'm not sure what I understand is right or wrong.

Last edited by ANNY3003 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:01 pm

anchiel

anchiel

International Performer
International Performer
Ah, so it has been a year already eh... I remember how happy I was on March 3 of last year because it was finally Osaka Jo Hall day, even if I couldn't go to Japan and watch it. I even went nuts when someone uploaded the videos for that event (well, it was broadcasted on the same day on M-ON). I was just so happy for them as a fan.

When I first listened to this song, I can't help it but tears seem to well up in my eyes, yet I couldn't understand the lyrics at all. It's a very touching song, I don't know why.  .toj. 

It's a waste that this video will be removed tomorrow. It's a very good song, easy to the ears, and it's nice to see a studio live for SCANDAL. Their playing and vocals are superb (Man, I'm almost crying listening to Haru and Tomomi sing). How I wish this is our graduation song (or another SCANDAL song), but that's almost impossible, of course.  .whistle. 

Speaking of graduations, I'm also graduating this April for my masters. Congrats 8cset8 and metalleo on your graduations!  .clap.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:27 pm

spin_along

spin_along

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I'm so pleasantly surprised *-*
It's really refreshing to hear a slower song now, and I came to work today in a horrible mood (because today+tomorrow in Brazil is a holiday, but here I am in the office ¬¬) and this song instantly made my day. What an amazing surprise, really :3

I already love the song, I do think it sounds great and by the small parts I can understand from the lyrics, they are really great too (well, nothing unusual here xD)

Knowing that Mami did the lyrics AND the music (if that's really the case) just makes me even happier   .love.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:59 pm

harunafanXD~

harunafanXD~

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Sooo goo~od  Onion Skipping

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:15 pm

bad-apple

bad-apple

International Performer
International Performer
metalleo wrote:
ANNY3003 wrote:Rina wrote on blog: "タイトルは「Departure」、作詞作曲はMAMIです。"

It mean Mami wrote the lyrics and composed the song or she just wrote the lyrics?
I'm not good Japanese. Can anyone help me???

Yep, it means MAMI did both the lyrics and composition. 作詞 = lyrics, 作曲 = composition. 

actually i just translated these from Chinese lol, but meanings of such words shouldn't change between Chinese and Japanese.
oo
so Mami is the one who penned the music and the lyrics  .wow. 
awesome!!
the song is good
this just shows that the girls really have a talent at composing songs too

"For us, the band is more like "life" to us than it is a "job." We're wonderful friends who are sharing life that only happens once." -Rina
departure - 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 2 Zd1XFwZ
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:34 pm

8cset8

8cset8

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@anchiel
you're already in your masters? sugoi!!! I'm still battling with myself if I should take my masters in the future. Thank you for greeting us  .smile. and congrats also for your masters graduation. .clap. 

@topic
Mami writing the lyrics and the music is making my head spin in excitement.

departure - 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 2 Untitled-2_zpsb9f6058c
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:47 pm

hanautasancho

hanautasancho

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I really like it when Scandal just grab their instruments and play everything so simple... this one just completes my day

The song has a bittersweet feeling for me... I wonder what's the meaning of this song

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:19 pm

Cherxyn

Cherxyn

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
SCANDAL with an orchestra = perfect spring song!

I'm so in love with the song already, even if I still don't know the lyrics.  Daydreaming

Back to top Go down

MEGA links
Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:04 pm

Jikan

Jikan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://jikan.fr/
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (2 votes)

I kind of like this thong. I definitely love the video.

@metalleo @ANNY3003 「作詞作曲」(さくしさっきょく) means "songwriting" (words and music).

If anyone is interested, here is a MEGA link for the original YT 8-bit 1080p AAC MP4 version [124.4MB].

Reencoded (nicer image, bye bye ugly macroblocks, etc.):
8-bit 1080p MP4 AAC [152MB]
10-bit 1080p MKV AAC [123.2MB]

And here are three screenshots comparisons to let you decide if the difference is worth the bandwidth (first image is the YT source, on mouse over you get the filtered result).

Please note that to play the 10-bit version, you'll need a recent computer with recent codecs and a capable player, not to mention usual hacks to have the player really display a 10-bit video (and not downscale it to 8-bit, even if these hacks aren't necessary to have the video working). Plus, 10-bit is not playable on any hardware player.
But, it features a better quality for a smaller size. So, if you know what you're doing, use the 10-bit version

Last edited by Jikan on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:07 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Added links and screenshot comparison)

departure - 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 2 Scanda10
「私は完璧を嫌悪する!! 完璧であるば、それ以上は無い。」
「そこに創造の余地は無く、それは知恵も才能も立ち入る隙がないと言う事だ」
If a link I posted is dead, I probably just moved the file to another account or replaced it with a better version. Feel free to PM me.
IRC
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Mar 03, 2014 6:00 pm

malalarks

malalarks

Caless Student
Caless Student
Really nice video!

departure - 18th Single - 「Departure」 - Page 2 Tumblr_m8v07bqWPB1rseq0mo1_500
Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 16]