Re: 19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」
Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:03 pm

Lexian

Lexian

http://ask.fm/frozentheory
You thanked this post! -
Thanks received by this post:

Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)

First things first, I actually never realized that Your Song and American Idiot are so rhythmically similar! I just listened two both of the songs and I agree with people such as ~SkyDarks and bleachnlife. I even tried listening to both songs at the same time on YouTube, but can't get them to start simultaneously without putting them through Garageband or something...

ANYWAYS, one of the points here is that to some people these two songs can sound similar or share some musical traits within them. The pattern(s) that some people seem to recognize here is: short vocals-guitar-s.vocals-guitar-and so on. There's also that specific rhythm as to how the guitars (and I guess drums too?) are played out in between those mini verses. I wanna say Your Song has faster guitars during those parts than American Idiot but I'm not 100% confident.

But of course, there are differences between the songs. The first one I caught was the pre-chorus and that exchange between Haru, Tomo, and Mami (right before the "oh-oh-ooooh-ooooh"). That's not really evident in Green Day's song; it's just Billie Joe Armstrong jumping straight into the chorus.

@skydarks~: I'm actually happy you found that similarity between the two songs. Thanks! You shouldnt feel bad. Happy Things like this, especially when I discover them totally by chance/coincidence, really fascinate me. I am in no way a music theory expert or studying music in college (only experience I had was some stuff in highschool and private piano lessons) but things like rhythmic similarities and even the 4 chords theory are super interesting to me!

@HRMT: Reminds me of something internet-people would say about ">Implying". How do you really know that that's what he's trying to convey when stating that he's sad about such similarities? That's one of the tricky things about communicating online, you miss out on being able to use tone to its full extent. For me, reading your comment implies that you've been deeply offended and pretty sour about what he had said. And again, being sarcastic online is tricky...you can't really communicate that you're sarcastic without tone (some people use "/s" at the end of their statements to remedy this). One negative connotation can lead to another and snowballs into some flame war. We don't want it to escalate to that level. Nobody does. Let's prevent such things from happening.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:50 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
He is totally implying that SCANDAL copied/stole the song basically and is totally overreacting. Everyone can have his opinion on a song obviously but he is really implying they stole the song and that is different ^^

On other news I don't think WOWOW will re-broadcast YokoAri before the 21st. It seems their July schedule is available (I found a pdf and a normal page yesterday) and they don't have SCANDAL listed except for the 21st (special SCANDAL day with the 3 lives). So unless it's outdated I think we will have to wait until the 21st  .whiteflag. More then 2 weeks to wait :/

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:55 pm

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
@HRMT
Yes, I think when everyone saw that they will re-broadcast, they assumed it would be another more recent date. However, I think that the tweet was just saying that everyone shouldn't worry because there is a re-broadcast already scheduled as the special.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:43 pm

~SkyDarks

~SkyDarks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:He is totally implying that SCANDAL copied/stole the song basically and is totally overreacting. Everyone can have his opinion on a song obviously but he is really implying they stole the song and that is different ^^

On other news I don't think WOWOW will re-broadcast YokoAri before the 21st. It seems their July schedule is available (I found a pdf and a normal page yesterday) and they don't have SCANDAL listed except for the 21st (special SCANDAL day with the 3 lives). So unless it's outdated I think we will have to wait until the 21st  .whiteflag. More then 2 weeks to wait :/
Man, take it easy I just wanted to make some controversy.

It's stupid to think I will feel bad about a song that is not mine lol xD Yeah, i wanted to make controversy but you're overreacting...

@Lexian Yeah, that's true, I have to admit I surprised when I heard the song, and the story is real, I didn't realized until few hours later...
But it's normal, it's like Af8! said, artist today re-use old songs and make new versions (like that boy justin bieber) however, i don't like when artist do it, it's unoriginal.
Its like the case of a  latin (mexican) song called Amor Clandestino (Secret/Illegal love), their chords are just D G Bm and A, but there are a lot of song that has the same chords.
Edit: Actually in spanish, sometimes we use "(?)" to express the post is not seriously, sometimes I use ":v" (for the pacman emoticon on fb) to express a joke.

Sorry maybe I went too far with the trolling :c

Last edited by ~SkyDarks on Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」 - Page 11 HDaPm8d
"You musn't run away"
I'll keep running
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:04 pm

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
You thanked this post! -

@~SkyDarks
Yeah, I think that was a little uncalled for. You shouldn't purposely try and start controversy, it's something that can cause serious problems in a forum. Not like I have the power to tell you not to, but I'd advise you not to. It did seem like you were serious. But thankfully, that's all cleared up, hopefully, so I guess just try not to instigate things.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:00 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
So you admit you are trolling and want to start controversy. And then I should stop overreacting lol. Please stop and let's move on...

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:06 pm

~SkyDarks

~SkyDarks

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:So you admit you are trolling and want to start controversy. And then I should stop overreacting lol. Please stop and let's move on...
No, wanted, and I did it.
But apologized for it.

19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」 - Page 11 HDaPm8d
"You musn't run away"
I'll keep running
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:11 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
~SkyDarks wrote:Man, take it easy I just wanted to make some controversy.

Sorry maybe I went too far with the trolling :c

Really, dude? If all you want to do is to stir up controversy and troll, you do NOT belong on SCANDAL HEAVEN.

ANYWAY. Let's all move on from this subject, k?

19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」 - Page 11 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:14 pm

Airi-chan

Airi-chan

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I feel like I could mention this here since it pertains to the song. >w< I hope it's not wrong to put this here haha, my apologies if it is. ^.^" I was talking with a friend earlier and she reminded me that around a week or two ago, I went into some tiny store that I'd passed by in the city. Can't remember the name of it since it was like a tiny hole in the wall store and I didn't even look at it's name. While I was in there, I remember hearing Yoake no Ryuuseigun being played in the store. It made me happy to hear since it's not often that I've heard SCANDAL being played around town in stores. Usually the only stores I've ever heard SCANDAL in are ones in Japantown who usually only play highly internationally known artists from Japan who have a lot more fame than SCANDAL does.

Although I find it slightly funny that it was probably a radio rip they were playing since Yoake hasn't even been released yet. Still, it's really nice to hear SCANDAL being played more often around the city. It shows they're gaining more popularity. ^.^

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:36 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Well I think radios will air the song before the single comes out to promote it no? But yeah if it was 2 weeks ago that's maybe early so maybe radio rip  .shy. 

Do we have more infos about Pokémon Ieru Kana?? Like did they mention something about it recently or can we expect them to air it on SCANOMICS? I want to hear it ^^ I am hoping maybe next week they could reveal it?

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:40 pm

thoseguiltyeyes

thoseguiltyeyes

Administrator
Administrator
You thanked this post! -

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo wrote:Do we have more infos about Pokémon Ieru Kana?? Like did they mention something about it recently or can we expect them to air it on SCANOMICS? I want to hear it ^^ I am hoping maybe next week they could reveal it?

I had posted a while ago here that they will be singing "Pokémon Ieru Kana?" on the live stream on July 13th. I guess I'll post the info again:

Program name: 「Pokemon the Movie Will Be Out Soon! Can You Name SCANDAL's Pokemon? -Live Broadcast on 6 Stations Special-」
Date: 2014/07/13 (Sun.) 17:00-18:00
Program URL: JAMBORiii, USTREAM, Niconico Douga, etc. More sites will be announced!

19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」 - Page 11 39iLxaW

2011.7.3 AM2 2012.3.28 SCANDAL vs BUDOKAN 11.3+4 QAT Tour @名古屋 11.10 Happy MUSIC Live 2012 2013.3.3 SCANDAL OSAKA-JO HALL 2013 2014.6.1 HNL Ekiden & Music 2014 6.2 Fan Meeting 2015 HELLO WORLD @ Paris - London - Essen - Chicago - MEX - LA - Anaheim 2016.1.12+13 PERFECT WORLD 5.21 Welcome Fan Meeting 5.22 HNL Ekiden & Music 2016 5.23 Farewell Fan Meeting 8.21 SCAFes 2017.7.14 47 Prefecture Tour @茨城 7.15 水戸 7.17 東京 2018 Special Thanks @NY - SF - Anaheim - MTY - MEX - Dallas 2022 MIRROR @Toronto - NY - Boston - Atlanta 2023 UU @ Fukuoka - Tokyo 2023.08.21 Sekai Ichi
Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:48 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Oh thanks I missed that info or thought it would be about Yoake only, but this is good news then. Happy that we will get to hear it (slightly) before the official release  Thumbs Onion 

I really wonder how their version will sound ^^ And we should hear RINA sing a good part of it surely  .love. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:02 pm

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
Hopefully Rina will sing...her voice is so cute and it would fit the song so well...I actually really really hope that the focus isn't so much on Haru. Don't get me wrong I love Haru and her voice, it's just...her and Tomo sing too much for me. I like when the other members sing, too. Especially Mami, and they usually play songs so that it's a rarity to see either her or Rina sing(mostly Mami, though). I'd be ok with whatever, but a change in the lineup is good, too.

Back to top Go down

Posted Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:08 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
I totally agree with you, it's a good chance to make RINA and MAMI sing more! And I'm sure MAMI would love to sing a lot in this Pokémon song hehe. Hopefully MAMIxRINA get the biggest part to sing  .love. 

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:53 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
It looks like SCANDAL Official YT Channel uploaded the PV of Pokémon ieru kana?

But as always it's blocked in the most of our countries

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:47 am

kakotov

kakotov

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
https://www.instagram.com/kakotov/
victor_survive wrote:It looks like SCANDAL Official YT Channel uploaded the PV of Pokémon ieru kana?

But as always it's blocked in the most of our countries

is impossible for me to see  .whiteflag.

someone be kind and upload it to another server

Almond Crush Team  .love.
@kakotov
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:54 am

victor_survive

victor_survive

Indie Artist
Indie Artist
I already watched it tons of times.
It's pretty funny and lovely  .love. 

If anyone it's interested on the lyrics,
they're here:
Pokémon Ieru Kana? Lyrics

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:20 am

bleachnlife

bleachnlife

International Performer
International Performer
Has anyone been able to get pass the youtube region block? I've tried but I kept getting youtube errors if not region block itself... help... .whiteflag.

SCANDAL Haruna .happy. SCANDAL Mami Nice one SCANDAL Tomomi  .lol.  SCANDAL Rina .uhuh. SCANDAL
SCANDAL brightens my everyday

19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」 - Page 11 Hhxqn11
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:21 am

kaitoKid

kaitoKid

Administrator
Administrator
http://tinyurl.com/c9n8he4
You thanked this post! -

Vimeo Link

Pokémon Ieru Kana? PV

Dailymotion Link

Pokémon Ieru Kana? PV

Credits to the uploader.

19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」 - Page 11 Tumblr_mta3fgUJcJ1sh5mxqo1_250
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:42 am

syakmp

syakmp

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
Well, this is one of the most weirdest things they've done so far... Tomomi rapping, Mami being a teacher and Haruna with the moustache is really hilarious. I imagine that SCANDAL will have a new younger audience with them after this release though. Happy The PV is cute in the most weird way possible lol.

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:30 am

Joshua10red

Joshua10red

International Performer
International Performer
bleachnlife wrote:Has anyone been able to get pass the youtube region block? I've tried but I kept getting youtube errors if not region block itself... help... .whiteflag.
if you use Mozilla Firefox you can try Hola Unblocker

@topic: the video is awesome....Rina is just so cute  LOVE

19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」 - Page 11 JeAv1Q8
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:31 am

Hawaii fan

Hawaii fan

International Performer
International Performer
I couldn't help but smile the whole time. That was really well made.comparing it to the original that I heard from when the original came out. I couldn't help but laugh and smile. That was actually pretty cool. Lol

19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」 - Page 11 2282749210 SCANDAL is the Most Powerful Japanese Girl Rock Band  19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」 - Page 11 2282749210

HARUNA, MAMI, TOMOMI, RINA!!

''If there's no Rina, there won't be SCANDAL anymore.''- Ono Haruna

"You can go anywhere.
You can choose the way to go on your own
The answer is for sure not just one

What's your Standard?!" - "STANDARD" SCANDAL
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Ono Sasazaki

Ono Sasazaki

Mainstream Artist
Mainstream Artist
http://ono-sasazaki.tumblr.com/
That was the best thing ever. Period lol

Compared to the original, this one wins by a long shot!
I was smiling like a goofy kid the whole time xD

That was just really, really cool. I love it so much. Thank you for being the best most amazing band ever, SCANDAL  Onion Skipping

19th Single - 「Yoake no Ryuuseigun」 - Page 11 NPtInLh
四 天 王 の S C A N D A L
Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:54 pm

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

HaRuRiNaMaMiToMo

International Performer
International Performer
Didn't expect it to have a PV at all! Here are my thoughts that I posted on the PV thread:

HRMT wrote:Wait what is this black magic sorcery?! I was just wondering yesterday if we might get to hear the song soon and now we get a PV!! I didn't expect that at all! Thanks you SCANDAL .toj.

My first impressions, only watched it once:
- Adorable LOVE
- Funny!
- Love it when they talk in english! ^^ Alright kids... xD
- HARU mustache! O_O

The song is really special of course and I doubt I will put it on repeat like a normal SCANDAL song but that was to be expected I guess.

The thing I don't like in this PV is the stutter of the girls image, feels like it's lagging lol, had to restart the video 3 times because I thought there was a problem lol. I guess you get used to it but I don't particularly like it. Obviously it's a song for kids so it's not like a normal song/PV and it's ok ^^

Like Mamitachu I also wonder why they didn't put this on the Pokémon Edition? Surely they will not put this as a bonus on anything else? =S So maybe they will just show it on TV for the promo or maybe in Pokémon related shows? Well would have been cool to put it on the PE but that would have made it more expensive I guess.

What a lovely surprise to come home and see we get a new SCANDAL PV! Love you SCA-chan  LOVE 

Back to top Go down

Posted Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:10 pm

Af8!

Af8!

Shiroten Performer
Shiroten Performer
That was sooo good! I really like this PV, even though like HRMT said, I could have gone without the girls looking so choppy. It confused me a bit, I thought there was some serious lag going on. But onto the PV itself: Nice one 

It was a cute PV, and they way the song sounded definitely got my attention. The vocals distribution was perfect, in my opinion. Hehe, watching the PV made me think of when I was little and I would watch Pokemon(the old first season, not the new crap) and when I played the games. Lol, I loved Haru's mustache, and I like how they were in Dobondobondo and Almond Crush(Crash?). It was a really cute PV, and they were seriously smiling and looked like they had fun. Good job SCANDAL!

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 16]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

© 2009-2024 SCANDAL HEAVEN.